Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#564021 Jul 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Has Starbucks invaded Mexico yet and brought their finely ground happiness?
I used to get finely ground happiness from Mexico.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564022 Jul 28, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am beginning to see that. That's what I meant when I said that we can ALL learn something from one another. If only " the church" would strip their minds of what the church taught and ask GOD Himself to show them. WOW. What an eye opener. They keep saying that HE is God but when you try to show them that its ALL about GOD and JESUS, they demand that it is up to HUMANS and WHAT WE DO..WHICH is it???? I trust Jesus.
What I try to show is that anyone can interpret the Bible any way they want. Just because a particular groups says their interpretation is The Truth does not make it so.

IMHO, no one knows much about God or Jesus and probably never will until we die and maybe not even then.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#564023 Jul 28, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
I'm still waiting for the verses that support the claim that those who haven't heard the gospel and those family members who passed on get a chance after they pass on from this life to the next.
It isn't in 1 John 2:2 or John 3:16-17 or John 12:32 or Hebrews 9:27. These are all of the verses provided in the posts that made the claim. The claim was made to Dr. shrink that it was all from the Bible. And the claim that it was in the Bible was made to me yesterday in the post where I was called all the names. Since such a bold claim was made, yesterday I read all of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, part of Acts, all of 1&2 John, all Hebrews, and all or part of several of the other books of the Bible. Because I say such doctrine is false doctrine, based on the Bible, I have been called several names, Because I say it is false, I have been told I feel threatened because I am a sexist.
When STOS made claims of Biblical contradiction, I confronted him. He presented a long list. I got my Bible out and addressed each point. Out of the list he provide I was able to show that there was no contra diction on every point but one, that being where Mary and Joseph and Jesus went when Jesus was a baby. I am still working on that one. But I admit I don't have an answer for it.
G said the Bible says that God says we are Gods. I addressed him and said it doesn't say we are gods. He presented scripture, and I believe that was when he gave me the link to biblos, a site where Hebrew is transliterated. He was right on the point of men being called gods/elohim. Other parts are still challenged. By the way G, Being called gods is also confirmed in the New testament. Confirmed by Jesus.
I have challenge the comments made by others also, both male and female, believer and non-believer.
So again I ask, please support your claims of what the Bible says? And please support your accusation against me?
And, have a good day :)
The accusations was from YOU to ME but I am a good sport and will do as you ask..

John 5:21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom "HE" is pleased to give it.

John 11:25..And this is the will of God who sent me, that I shall lose NONE of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. WHO raises anyone up in the LAST day????????? JESUS..

Why would you feel that Jesus wouldn't want ALL mankind to spend eternity with Him? Doesn't He Love us enough? Do you feel that He would turn someone away because they didn't believe? If it takes being there at their death and giving them one last chance, I believe that He would do it.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#564024 Jul 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I was stationed in El Paso.

holy moly.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564025 Jul 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, mine was from that year too! Soft top. But, I bought it in 2007, so it was much older at that point :p
Not old, classic!

Have the Vette's dash on the kitchen counter. Doing the gauges in white background with orange needles.

Got an L82 motor for it and it will be in it in a couple weeks.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564026 Jul 28, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
The accusations was from YOU to ME but I am a good sport and will do as you ask..
John 5:21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom "HE" is pleased to give it.
John 11:25..And this is the will of God who sent me, that I shall lose NONE of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. WHO raises anyone up in the LAST day????????? JESUS..
Why would you feel that Jesus wouldn't want ALL mankind to spend eternity with Him? Doesn't He Love us enough? Do you feel that He would turn someone away because they didn't believe? If it takes being there at their death and giving them one last chance, I believe that He would do it.
It would be very evil of Jesus to send people who never met him to be tortured for eternity because they didn't believe a 1700 year old collection of books and the babbling of a bunch of lunatics in robes.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564027 Jul 28, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I was stationed in El Paso.
holy moly.
Raw Mescaline.

$10/ ounce

A summer in OZ. LOL

Location hidden

#564028 Jul 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.
"All" seems to have various definitions in Christianity. Usually translated as "just us real believers" when it is a reward and "everyone else" when it is a punishment.
Exactly..Excellent point again. WHO is ALL?

Location hidden

#564029 Jul 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be very evil of Jesus to send people who never met him to be tortured for eternity because they didn't believe a 1700 year old collection of books and the babbling of a bunch of lunatics in robes.
My point exactly, Yet we Christians tell everybody that Jesus DIED for them!!! Who would die for someone and then stub up in the end because they didn't have faith the size of a itty bitty mustard seed? It was Ians that opened my eyes to the "gift"..If salvation is a gift that WE humans cannot earn but yet preachers tell us that we HAVE to believe first, then it puts the Free Gift of Salvation BACK to human effort. If we have to DO something for it, it isn't FREE..Am I right??

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#564030 Jul 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye
Bye.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are like a mosquito.
No one wants you around but can't figure out to get rid of you with out smashing you flat.
Oh my.

You're back.

Wanna discuss Mark 16 again, fool?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#564031 Jul 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Raw Mescaline.
$10/ ounce
A summer in OZ. LOL
The Red & Green Sombrero.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564032 Jul 28, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly..Excellent point again. WHO is ALL?
Based on the original Hebrew in Genesis, every living thing on Earth.

"Nephesh"

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564033 Jul 28, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye.
<quoted text>
Oh my.
You're back.
Wanna discuss Mark 16 again, fool?
Shoo!

Damned bloodsuckers!

<gets out the chopsticks and flyswatter>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564034 Jul 28, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The Red & Green Sombrero.
USA flag head band.

<smile>

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#564035 Jul 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read a word of Jesus that says unbelievers in a religion that didn't even exist at the time are not saved.
He said to "spread the good news."
"You are going to be eternally tortured" is pretty bad news.
There are many points of that doesn't seem fair etc. that are very good points of discussion. However, this discussion is if it is Biblical, that after physical death Jesus, will give those who have not heard will be given the opportunity to accept and believe in him. And if it is Biblical that loved ones who did not accept and believe in him before they physically died, that Jesus will give them another chance after that physical death. That, is what I say is not Biblical and is false doctrine of what the Bible says.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#564036 Jul 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm...err...

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#564037 Jul 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not old, classic!
Have the Vette's dash on the kitchen counter. Doing the gauges in white background with orange needles.
Got an L82 motor for it and it will be in it in a couple weeks.
Nice! I had to look that up :p

What year?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#564038 Jul 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Shoo!
Damned bloodsuckers!
<gets out the chopsticks and flyswatter>
So you don't wanna discuss Mark 16.

I understand.

You made yourself a fool.

It would be wise not to repeat that.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#564039 Jul 28, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HFN, it's good to see you. Hope all is well with you and yours.
I love Ephesians. It's full of all that we are and all that we have in Jesus Christ. And if you look at verses 12-14 it blows out of the water the "all are saved no matter what" lie that Le_le is proclaiming, as well as the "salvation can be obtained after physical death" lie that GW is proclaiming.
God's Word is truth, mans carnal worldly driven words are lies. It's as simple as that.
Hope you have a great day. God bless you my Sister in Christ.
Hey RA,
It’s good to see your too my Brother. We are ok but I have asked that anyone who would would pray about an unspoken thing. Thank you in advance because I know you will. I hope you and yours are well too. I hope you are healing good.

I too would like to think everyone would be saved. But that would mean denying self, believing in and accepting Jesus sacrifice and asking God into your life. Going by what has been said in this thread alone it looks like not all are willing to do that.

God gave us free will to be cleansed of our sins by Jesus or to choose not to be cleansed, to go our own way and obey self instead of God. No sin in heaven so no cleansing, no heaven.

Romans 3:20) "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."
----------

The Bible says it pretty plainly.

Romans 10:9-10
That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
Hebrews 7:25
Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them
Revelation 22:17
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.
Ephesians 2:8,9 ) "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Acts 4:12) "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."
1 Timothy 2:5) "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"
John 3:16 " For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
John 3:36 "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."
John 8:24 " I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins."
John 10:1 " Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber."
John 10:9 " I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture."
John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
1 Corinthians 3:11 "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ."
1 John 5:12 "He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564040 Jul 28, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many points of that doesn't seem fair etc. that are very good points of discussion. However, this discussion is if it is Biblical, that after physical death Jesus, will give those who have not heard will be given the opportunity to accept and believe in him. And if it is Biblical that loved ones who did not accept and believe in him before they physically died, that Jesus will give them another chance after that physical death. That, is what I say is not Biblical and is false doctrine of what the Bible says.
It isn't unBiblical. It is unPauline.

There is plenty in the Bible to argue that there is no afterlife at all. "To dust you will return.".

Anyway, let me try to nip this one in the bud (let new blossom form, too).

Allegedly Jesus said "Believe in me".

What exactly does he mean by that?

I believe in Jesus. So do Christians, Mormons, JWs and even Muslims.

Are you sure it is only what you think "believe in" means ?

Would you damn someone to Hell on your opinion of that phrase ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 25 min Steve III 44,964
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min Steve III 650,331
The Leading FFXIV Gil & Final Fantasy XIV Powe... 1 hr ffxivfans 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Bongo 56,066
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr ChristineM 445,916
Gay jerk off 12-14 tinychat (Jan '14) 2 hr Rollando 3
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 3 hr MUQ2 442
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr trifecta1 971,801
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Tue akon mason 70
More from around the web