The Red & Green Sombrero.
USA flag head band.

<smile>

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#564035 Jul 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read a word of Jesus that says unbelievers in a religion that didn't even exist at the time are not saved.
He said to "spread the good news."
"You are going to be eternally tortured" is pretty bad news.
There are many points of that doesn't seem fair etc. that are very good points of discussion. However, this discussion is if it is Biblical, that after physical death Jesus, will give those who have not heard will be given the opportunity to accept and believe in him. And if it is Biblical that loved ones who did not accept and believe in him before they physically died, that Jesus will give them another chance after that physical death. That, is what I say is not Biblical and is false doctrine of what the Bible says.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#564036 Jul 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to get finely ground happiness from Mexico.
Uhm...err...

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#564037 Jul 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not old, classic!
Have the Vette's dash on the kitchen counter. Doing the gauges in white background with orange needles.
Got an L82 motor for it and it will be in it in a couple weeks.
Nice! I had to look that up :p

What year?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#564038 Jul 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Shoo!
Damned bloodsuckers!
<gets out the chopsticks and flyswatter>
So you don't wanna discuss Mark 16.

I understand.

You made yourself a fool.

It would be wise not to repeat that.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#564039 Jul 28, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HFN, it's good to see you. Hope all is well with you and yours.
I love Ephesians. It's full of all that we are and all that we have in Jesus Christ. And if you look at verses 12-14 it blows out of the water the "all are saved no matter what" lie that Le_le is proclaiming, as well as the "salvation can be obtained after physical death" lie that GW is proclaiming.
God's Word is truth, mans carnal worldly driven words are lies. It's as simple as that.
Hope you have a great day. God bless you my Sister in Christ.
Hey RA,
It’s good to see your too my Brother. We are ok but I have asked that anyone who would would pray about an unspoken thing. Thank you in advance because I know you will. I hope you and yours are well too. I hope you are healing good.

I too would like to think everyone would be saved. But that would mean denying self, believing in and accepting Jesus sacrifice and asking God into your life. Going by what has been said in this thread alone it looks like not all are willing to do that.

God gave us free will to be cleansed of our sins by Jesus or to choose not to be cleansed, to go our own way and obey self instead of God. No sin in heaven so no cleansing, no heaven.

Romans 3:20) "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."
----------

The Bible says it pretty plainly.

Romans 10:9-10
That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
Hebrews 7:25
Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them
Revelation 22:17
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.
Ephesians 2:8,9 ) "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Acts 4:12) "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."
1 Timothy 2:5) "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"
John 3:16 " For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
John 3:36 "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."
John 8:24 " I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins."
John 10:1 " Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber."
John 10:9 " I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture."
John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
1 Corinthians 3:11 "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ."
1 John 5:12 "He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#564040 Jul 28, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many points of that doesn't seem fair etc. that are very good points of discussion. However, this discussion is if it is Biblical, that after physical death Jesus, will give those who have not heard will be given the opportunity to accept and believe in him. And if it is Biblical that loved ones who did not accept and believe in him before they physically died, that Jesus will give them another chance after that physical death. That, is what I say is not Biblical and is false doctrine of what the Bible says.
It isn't unBiblical. It is unPauline.

There is plenty in the Bible to argue that there is no afterlife at all. "To dust you will return.".

Anyway, let me try to nip this one in the bud (let new blossom form, too).

Allegedly Jesus said "Believe in me".

What exactly does he mean by that?

I believe in Jesus. So do Christians, Mormons, JWs and even Muslims.

Are you sure it is only what you think "believe in" means ?

Would you damn someone to Hell on your opinion of that phrase ?

“True/False is a false duality.”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#564041 Jul 28, 2013
That's a curious question.

I suppose Jesus would have to exist in order to love you, so, he shouldn't, since figments of your imagination cannot love.

Or, should Jesus exist, and you be a gentile, I suggest you read Mark 7:24-31.

Look up the exact connotational meaning for "little dog".

He's actually calling her, in our modern language, a "little bitch".

She isn't jewish, so is not fit to receive the "children's bread"

Since when were God's children only jews? Smack of racism, much?

Truth is, Jesus never said he came for the gentiles. That was Paul's doing...on not even so much as a clue from Jesus.

The entire thing is a jewish-elitist, racist proto-religion that the Romans turned into a state-religion to more easily control it's citizens, nothing more, and nothing less.

I'm sure all the warm fuzzy passages about love and afterlife sound believable, and we want them to be true, but I will tell you this:

There is no reason to believe they are genuine.

Love is a real power, and within my experiences as a mystic, I can tell you, 100%, there is an afterlife...but you are the author of it, not Jesus.

It's up to you to fill your world with love, not him. Good luck.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#564042 Jul 28, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks HFN for dropping in every day and leaving some positivity....
Hugs to you Quint.....
Thank you too Epiphany.
:)
HFN

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564043 Jul 28, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't wanna discuss Mark 16.
I understand.
You made yourself a fool.
It would be wise not to repeat that.
<Splattt>

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#564044 Jul 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Why are you calling it false doctrine when it is not doctrine but rather a simple discussion? We are discussing Jesus here. You seem to limit Jesus down to human standards. His own disciples had trouble believing Jesus because they didn't understand. Peter even denied Him 3 times before Jesus died but yet, Jesus appeared to Him after His death. He didn't hold a grudge. Jesus also healed ANYONE who came to Him and didn't ask them if they believed in Him. He had compassion on them.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564045 Jul 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice! I had to look that up :p
What year?
It's a 1980

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564046 Jul 28, 2013
Why is it that John adds so much to the story (and decades to a century later) that Mark. Matthew and Luke didn't find very important?

Location hidden

#564047 Jul 28, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey RA,
It’s good to see your too my Brother. We are ok but I have asked that anyone who would would pray about an unspoken thing. Thank you in advance because I know you will. I hope you and yours are well too. I hope you are healing good.
I too would like to think everyone would be saved. But that would mean denying self, believing in and accepting Jesus sacrifice and asking God into your life. Going by what has been said in this thread alone it looks like not all are willing to do that.
God gave us free will to be cleansed of our sins by Jesus or to choose not to be cleansed, to go our own way and obey self instead of God. No sin in heaven so no cleansing, no heaven.
Romans 3:20) "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."
----------
The Bible says it pretty plainly.
Romans 10:9-10
That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
Hebrews 7:25
Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them
Revelation 22:17
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.
Ephesians 2:8,9 ) "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Acts 4:12) "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."
1 Timothy 2:5) "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"
John 3:16 " For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
John 3:36 "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."
John 8:24 " I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins."
John 10:1 " Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber."
John 10:9 " I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture."
John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
1 Corinthians 3:11 "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ."
1 John 5:12 "He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."
Hi HFN..
Those are excellent versus but my question is this..How o we know that Jesus wouldn't allow someone to confess with their mouth and believe in their heart just a split second before someone dies. Do you feel that is too hard for Jesus to do? He is after all the Resurrection and the Life. It IS Jesus who resurrects the dead..right? IF it is Jesus and we claim that He won the victory over death, then are we limiting what Jesus would do for ALL mankind??

NOTICE 1 John 5:12..We have LIFE.. LIFE as in THIS life compared to unbelievers who have NOT the Life that JESUS died to give them..I came that they may have LIFE and have it more abundantly.
Just simple questions..

Location hidden

#564048 Jul 28, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I am actually going to take the time to respond to your post even though I have better things that I could be doing right now. I am not surprised at all by how quick you and Red Apples and a few others had to jump in here and instantly call me a liar without fully reading what I post to Ians and G..Do you read your bible as quickly as you read my post?? If you would have read it as thoroughly, You wouldn't have missed the part where I said" I am not sure if I believe all this" < un-quote> but I found it very interesting. YES, I failed to put my intext citations..Forgive me, I didn't realize that that was a requirement on a topix forum. Speaking of this being a topix forum...I posted a discussion topic to Ians that I admitted that I found interesting...."INTERESTI NG"...Its a downright shame that some of you religious people don't know how to discuss different beliefs without it offending you or causing you to rush in with your sword swinging. I am secure enough in my relationship with Jesus Christ to explore Gods Word even deeper than what I have always been taught and yes, even question God on things that I don't understand. Maybe if you weren't a "BLIND MAN sitting in the bleachers, you would understand that YOUR belief may still need some maturing. I can only shake my head at the amusing way you try to ensure that your way of believing is the only way and if someone challenges it, you are ready to do what most of you do best...Condemn and ridicule and start bashing the idea and say that it doesn't line up with the Word of God when in fact, It had scripture to go right along with it. One thing is for sure, It had people talking about God and even lifted the spirit of a few and G admitted that it made him think and it took the focus off the constant battle and condemnation of homosexuality. I also read where you just couldn't understand WHY someone would dare say that YOUR belief could be wrong..How did that feel? Legalistic Religion is what most of you do best and if I had more time, I would most defiantly show you just how wrong you are there and back back every single bit of it with the WORD of GOD. You say that you live by every word of the bible and I am still amazed at that idea since there a 2 different covenants and they are as different as night and day. Red Apples compared that post with Le Le's belief and that's all it took for him to come up swinging. Its no wonder that these unbelievers hate the very thought of God. Its because of the holier than thou attitude from believers such as you and those others that cannot have a civil conversation without starting a new Crusade. Causing division has always been what religious groups are famous for and it's heartbreaking to see it come to life just because I posted something that I found INTERSTING. Real Christian Love there Brother.
And you say you didn't accuse me.
GW wrote
...I also read where you just couldn't understand WHY someone would dare say that YOUR belief could be wrong..How did that feel?...
I won't address each but lets try this one. Please back up you charge.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#564049 Jul 28, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Who is the above post directed at? One or more people?
Random, "out in the wild" posts such as the one above are useless.
You should preface them with the person(S) in specific you are aiming them towards, or, provide excerpts of the posts - made by the person - that you are speaking about.
I'm not trying to be an ass here, I'm just pointing out that these vague types of posts are ineffective and oft times unanswerable(due to the vagaries and alluded to intent by others).
Which maybe that's what you're shooting for, and while that may be satisfying to your ego, it only does that.
Makes you feel as if you've done something.
That doesn't mean you have.
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to be an ass here,
I am. How am I doing?
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#564050 Jul 28, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I am. How am I doing?
hmmm half

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#564051 Jul 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
<Splattt>
I'll take that for you're inability to defend your claims.

Johnnie, tell this contestant about his fabulous departing gifts.

Location hidden

#564052 Jul 28, 2013
<quoted text>
And you say you didn't accuse me.
GW wrote
...I also read where you just couldn't understand WHY someone would dare say that YOUR belief could be wrong..How did that feel?...
I won't address each but lets try this one. Please back up you charge.
I JUST did hotshot..You wanted to come in on a post that wasn't even directed to you, call me a liar because I found something that I found interesting and instead of coming to me directly, you decide to make a swift judgment and NOW you want ME to back up a CHARGE AGAINST YOU???? LOL. Did I comprehend you correctly? You sound like a spoiled child having a temper tantrum and you expect me to back up a charge against you? I JUST did in that post and don't care to do it again. I gave you the same treatment that you gave me..End of story as far as I am concerned.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#564053 Jul 28, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HFN..
Those are excellent versus but my question is this..How o we know that Jesus wouldn't allow someone to confess with their mouth and believe in their heart just a split second before someone dies. Do you feel that is too hard for Jesus to do? He is after all the Resurrection and the Life. It IS Jesus who resurrects the dead..right? IF it is Jesus and we claim that He won the victory over death, then are we limiting what Jesus would do for ALL mankind??
NOTICE 1 John 5:12..We have LIFE.. LIFE as in THIS life compared to unbelievers who have NOT the Life that JESUS died to give them..I came that they may have LIFE and have it more abundantly.
Just simple questions..
Now you're moving the goal posts GW. Before it was salvation can happen "after physical death". Now it's quote: "just a split second before someone dies".

Of course someone can confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour and be saved on their death bed because "they are still alive". But that's not what you were proclaiming before. You were proclaiming that a person that is "physically dead" can be saved.

So which is it GW?

Sounds like what is happening to you is what God's Word warns about in Ephesians 4:14.

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min MLP 41,882
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min waaasssuuup 690,412
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 37 min Rabbis on the Run 124
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 1 hr Big Al 598
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Rabbis on the Run 989,722
Charles Mansion Died Last Night 5 hr Paul McCartney is... 4
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 7 hr Paul is dead 105
More from around the web