Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#563876 Jul 28, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many games.
Some of us get lucky in the game of life, others have to connect four, some don't have a clue. Sorry! Achieving a monopoly is a trivial pursuit. This world is not a candy land. There is risk. Can you guess who sunk my battleship? It wasn't hungry hippos. It was my own operation.
:)

I think you're teasing about games...

But what do I know...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#563877 Jul 28, 2013
About that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, Which of us is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?

Jesus called a small child over to him and put the child among them. Then He said, I assure you, unless you turn from your sins and become as a little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. Therefore, anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.

And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me.

But if anyone causes one of these little ones who trust in me to lose faith, it would be better for that person to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around the neck.

How terrible it will be for anyone who causes others to sin. Temptation to do wrong is inevitable but how terrible it will be for the
person who does the tempting. So if your hand or foot causes you to sin cut if off and throw it away. It is better to enter heaven crippled or lame than to be thrown into unquenchable fire with both of your hands and feet. And if you eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better to enter heaven half blind than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell.

Beware that you don't despise a single one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of my heavenly Father.

The Greatest in the Kingdom.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#563878 Jul 28, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
You're clueless, don't know what you're talking about and probably as dumb, desperately naive and as funny as "it ain't neccessarily so"--writer.
You mention me a lot for no apparent reason.
trifecta1 wrote:
You're starting to become a bigger joke than "it aint necesarily so"To see you humanists at your wits end is priceless. Carry on.
Hi there. Do I owe you any rent for living in your head?

Fennario

#563879 Jul 28, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for making me laugh.
Do you know how rare that is?
Do you do children's birthday parties?
Can you make me a Weiner Dog balloon?
LOL.

Trifecta specializes in balloon bunnies.
http://photo.qip.ru/photo/fishki_net/3569965/...

Fennario

#563880 Jul 28, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
I haven't seen that little Taco Bell dog in a while.
Makes me wonder.
Four years gone last week:

"Gidget, former Taco Bell dog, dies at age 15" - July 22, 2009
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/200...

Location hidden

#563881 Jul 28, 2013
Some children were brought to Jesus so he could lay his hands on them and pray for them. The disciples told them not to bother him. But Jesus said, Let the children come to me. Don't stop them for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these.
And he put his hand on their heads and blessed them before he left.

Jesus Blesses The Children.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#563882 Jul 28, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't actually care what was in the post, nor where it came from, florid religious mumbo-jumbo is much of a muchness to me.
My issue was the way that it was sincerely suggested by another poster that you start your own ministry based upon that post, the words of which had allegedly 'touched them deeply' or words to that effect, words which in the final analysis were not your own intellectual property.
If a good turn of phrase and a penchant for public speaking is all one requires to qualify foe ones very own christian ministry, give me 6 figures and I'll change careers right now.
The oldest fragment of the new testament is a credit card sized piece of parchment from the second century. Intellectual accuracy left the building 2 millennia ago when it comes to all things biblical.
It is simply christian reasoning I was taking to task not you, or the content of your post.
I Understand MC.
I didn't take it personally. Some ministries don't have big buildings or pay the preacher but many do and yes, some take advantage of their congregation. Its those latter ministries that I even have problems with. I also agree that there are Christians that are very one sided and closed minded and refuse to listen to others..I actually learn as much from unbelievers as I do from believers. I respect people for who they are and the way they show respect for others regardless of their beliefs. I don't take sides with any certain group just because we happen to believe the same way. That's why most of the believers attack my character. They feel that I should attack anyone who is not on " their side"..I disagree with that. I listen and respond to any intelligent debate.

Fennario

#563883 Jul 28, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for sending words of wisdom from the scriptures our way.
:)
You forgot to thank me for all of those words of wisdom from the Grateful Dead oeuvre. This is as spiritual as anything in your bible, and far more subtle:

Reach out your hand if your cup be empty,
If your cup is full may it be again,
Let it be known there is a fountain,
That was not made by the hands of men.

There is a road, no simple highway,
Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go no one may follow,
That path is for your steps alone.

Ripple in still water,
When there is no pebble tossed,
Nor wind to blow.

You who choose to lead must follow
But if you fall you fall alone,
If you should stand then whos to guide you?
If I knew the way I would take you home.

Fennario

#563884 Jul 28, 2013
Serah wrote:
One of our favorite posters used to write "Jesus is the reason for the season" ~ not sure but I think it was OSG :)
I say that "Jesus is the reason for the seizin' " in reference to how you shop. I hope you don't mind.

Fennario

#563885 Jul 28, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
Is this karaoke night?
I guess so. I just wanted to share some of my culture's wisdom with Lil Whispers, since she was kind enough to share hers.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#563886 Jul 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I say that "Jesus is the reason for the seizin' " in reference to how you shop. I hope you don't mind.
No, that would be the secular movement. IE; Santa.

Fennario

#563887 Jul 28, 2013
River Tam wrote:
You do know that Virginia Hoge is Olive, right?
No, and I didn't recognize the name Virginia Hoge, either. I just know her as Olive from Topix.

I just Googled her. I guess she's made a name for herself. Thanks.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#563888 Jul 28, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
How did I miss Bong Hits for Jesus?
Sometimes, I don't read backwards.
I miss a lot, I'm sure.
Everybody knows that I'm a Guerilla Troll. I throw rocks at moving windows and then run for cover.
That's okay. Main thing is you did see it, and even when or if you don't, that's okay too.

It's that friend thing.

Location hidden

#563889 Jul 28, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
It was midspring, during the fourth year of Solomon's reign that he began the construction of the Temple of the Lord. This was 480 years after the people of Israel were delivered from their slavery in the land of Egypt.(...)
Solomon. That's an interesting character/story from your religious mythology. Solomon and Judaism utilized the "deities of the day" in the construction of that temple, and worship. Many elements contained therein.

First, as far as the pantheon of gods that Yahweh/El-Yahweh/Jehovah etc., were chosen from. Those deities originated, not solely, but primarily from Canaanite culture/deities, all the way back from when polytheism was the order of the day, centuries earlier. The deities you worship are not original to Judaism or Christianity. Many Christians object when this is pointed out as being unacceptable.

And yet...

It's perfectly acceptable to notice and point out the previous god influences, for instance, in the mythologies of ancient Greeks and others, however, adherents of Christianity will object if you do the same regarding Christianity.

That's okay, Christians can object all they want.

I look at the histories of the older gods worshiped in early Judaism, and applied the same sort of interpretations used in those other "obvious mythologies", that Christianity points to as being inauthentic or "not real gods". The gods of the Gentiles.

So...

"Gentiles" were everyone else > not Jewish/Hebrew/Judaic. Gentiles that shared and chose from the same pantheon of gods that the "chosen people" had....before they were "chosen people", worshiping the same gods as the Gentiles did before anyone was a > Gentile.

History and archaeology understand the gods chose no one. The people chose the gods, and as we know, once chosen and so much effort is put into believing in them, the god(S) are difficult to discard. Is it an ego thing with theists? I'm not sure.

I could go on and on pointing out the similarities among the different worshipers of different gods in different religions that all seem to draw from the many god myths of a region. Once the gods were adopted then the people changed them subtly, added to or subtracted from, they made the gods their own. We can only speculate in some areas.

In others?

Solomon's temple rested on representations of 12 bulls(Ba'al), in groups of three facing each of the cardinal directions(so very Pagan). A temple made of Cedar trees(Asherah)- from Tyre, where the design of the temple was taken from - and in the temple there was an Asherah pole for over 200 years.

7) The Asherah idol he had made, he set up in the temple, of which the LORD had said to David and to his son Solomon: "In this temple and in Jerusalem, which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Israel, I shall place my name forever.(2Kings 21:7 NAB)

It was later as Judaism began to move towards the concept of monotheism, that the other gods they paid homage to were slowly and reluctantly abandoned, if they ever truly were at all.

And that isn't speculation in the respect that this is straight from the 'survival scrolls" of Abrahamic religion, history, and archaeological findings. If you point out the origins and similarities between Phoenician gods and Greek gods, its perfectly fine - but we must not point it out if it's the gods of the Jews or Christians - are similar to Greek and Phoenician deities, Canaanite deities etc... Or drawn from those mythologies to create their own cultural mythology, which is the fact of the matter.

<Christian> " Because you don't understand, you see, my god is the really, really, really, real deity, really unique, and my god could be yours too, if you just choose to believe "

That's what >all theists< must do in regards to their deities. Believe.

It's all you can do.

Ok, I'll stop.

For now.

Location hidden

#563890 Jul 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ya, Sheldon. I thought the name sounded familiar.
Well hell, I ain't gonna be takin no chili cookin advice from some city slicker.
Says the redneck from Riverside, California...

hahaa

Location hidden

#563891 Jul 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a farm boy, born 'n raised.
His mom is a southern baptist.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The actor or the character?
Such irony.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#563892 Jul 28, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Says the redneck from Riverside, California...
hahaa
Yup.

But I ain't from here.

Relax, duder.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#563893 Jul 28, 2013
scaritual wrote:
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a farm boy, born 'n raised.
His mom is a southern baptist.
<quoted text>
Such irony.
Yes. Irony. That it seems you don't even know what we were discussing.

Location hidden

#563894 Jul 28, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You want someone to observe our chemistry? You exhibitionist!
Don't u dare turn this on me, it was your idea, I was just going along with it coz i didn't want u to feel bad. I'm a sensible girl, u'r tryin' to corrupt me, u devil!!!

Right, I'm going to go and save some hostages. Penguin has got some cops hidden away somewhere, I'm playin' the batman city game. Have u played it? It's bloody awesome!!! I get to be catwoman tooo and I she has a whip!! It's so much better than the films!!!

Fennario

#563895 Jul 28, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
It makes me very proud to be a Paddy, that music. To be sure, to be sure.
Then top o´the morning to you, lassie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min -KENTUCKY- 672,731
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Happy Lesbo 104,332
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Jehova Witness 981,087
------ POPE Francis **EXPOSED ------ 4 hr Patriot 2
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 6 hr Third eye blind 540
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 hr Jehova Witness 46,186
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 hr Jehova Witness 445,832
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 hr chazmo 286,296
More from around the web