Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#563752 Jul 28, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> There was no masculine\feminine connotation implied. misconstrued.
Effete literally means "ineffective" or "useless" but is also used as a synonym for "effeminate." It was to that latter definition that I was teasing you, Sir Bongo.

Some stable somewhere

#563753 Jul 28, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>:)
LOL. This was hilarious! good to see you so lighthearted about the billboard.
Thanks Tri :)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#563754 Jul 28, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Sending this short post UU doctrine: I don't believe in this particular doctrine but good to be aware of if anyone's interested.
http://www.religionfacts.com/a-z-religion-ind...
They call themselves UU's in many cases. Their churches may have United, Unity or Universal somewhere in the title of the church which sometimes mean that they are associated with this particular doctrine.
Some cousins to this belief is New Thought doctrine, Scientology and the like. They, along with the UU doctrine, have roots going back to a doctrine called Mesmerism.
Unitarian Universalism began in 1866.

You might be more interested in Christian Unitarianism:

Christian Universalism is a school of Christian theology which includes the belief in the doctrine of universal reconciliation, the view that all human beings and all fallen creatures will ultimately be restored to right relationship with God in Heaven.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Unive...

Some stable somewhere

#563755 Jul 28, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Gay Marriage is still Illegal in Australia. Gay Marriage is still illegal in most of the U.S. And Abortion Christianity in the U.S is getting pushed back big time due to Christianity.
Both are a shame. The former is simply anti-human, the second is anti-women.

Some stable somewhere

#563756 Jul 28, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
It was midspring, during the fourth year of Solomon's reign that he began the construction of the Temple of the Lord. This was 480 years after the people of Israel were delivered from their slavery in the land of Egypt.
The Temple that king Solomon built for the Lord was 90 feet long, 30 feet wide, and 45 feet high.
The foyer at the front of the Temple was 30 feet wide running across the entire width of the Temple. It projected outward 15 feet from the front of the temple. Solomon also mad narrow, recessed window throughout the temple.
A complex of rooms built against the outer walls of the temple, all the way around the sides and rear of the building. The complex was three stories high, the bottom floor being 7.5 feet wide, the second floor 9 feet wide and the top floor being 10.5 feet wide. The rooms were connected to the walls of the temple by beans resting on ledges built out from the wall. So the beans were not inserted into the walls themselves.
Contemporary archaeology demonstrates that the Jews, en masse, were not slaves in Egypt and had nothing to do with the pyramids. It was a working class, a labor class, part of yearly taxes, who built the pyramids. We have records demonstrating what they eat, we have houses where they lived - decidedly not slaves. They were provided with bread, meat and beer.

And to blow your mind? The beer contained the antibiotic tetracycline. Egyptians drank this from childhood, it was their medicine against infectious disease. Slaves didn't.

Boom!

Some stable somewhere

#563757 Jul 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Unitarian Universalism began in 1866.
You might be more interested in Christian Unitarianism:
Christian Universalism is a school of Christian theology which includes the belief in the doctrine of universal reconciliation, the view that all human beings and all fallen creatures will ultimately be restored to right relationship with God in Heaven.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Unive...
Screw that! The deity can come down here, and I'll teach Her some snowboarding. After that, rum, and a lesson in how to pick up cute boys.
Bongo

Central Islip, NY

#563758 Jul 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Effete literally means "ineffective" or "useless" but is also used as a synonym for "effeminate." It was to that latter definition that I was teasing you, Sir Bongo.
The red Miata was pretty funny, do they still make those things

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#563759 Jul 28, 2013
Look I am sending you out as sheep among wolves.
Be weary as snakes and harmless as doves. Beware!
For you will be handed over to the courts and beaten in the synagogues. And you must stand trial before governors and kings because you are my followers. This will be your opportunity to tell them about me-yes to witness to the world. When you are arrested, don't worry about what to say in your defense, because you will be given the right words at the right time. For it won't be you doing the talking-it will be the Spirit of your father speaking through you.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#563760 Jul 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
A great tune! And these song lyrics are at least as quotable as Proverbs....
More so!

Location hidden

#563761 Jul 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Contemporary archaeology demonstrates that the Jews, en masse, were not slaves in Egypt and had nothing to do with the pyramids. It was a working class, a labor class, part of yearly taxes, who built the pyramids. We have records demonstrating what they eat, we have houses where they lived - decidedly not slaves. They were provided with bread, meat and beer.
And to blow your mind? The beer contained the antibiotic tetracycline. Egyptians drank this from childhood, it was their medicine against infectious disease. Slaves didn't.
Boom!

A student is not greater than the teacher. A servant is not greater then the master. The student shares the teacher fate. The servant shares the master fate.
Bongo

Central Islip, NY

#563762 Jul 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Boom!
so whos in charge of pathogens? or are they in charge?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#563763 Jul 28, 2013
I need 30 more persecution points to get the bumper sticker.

Location hidden

#563764 Jul 28, 2013
Don't be afraid of those who want to kill you. They can only kill the body. They cannot touch your soul. Fear only God who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Not even a sparrow worth only half a penny can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid you are more valuable to him than a whole flock of sparrows.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#563765 Jul 28, 2013
It is only the hairs on a Gooseberry
That stop it from being a grape.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#563766 Jul 28, 2013
"A man who lives in a glass house should get changed in the basement."

“"None shall pass"”

There

#563767 Jul 28, 2013
"No matter where you go, there you are!"

“"None shall pass"”

There

#563768 Jul 28, 2013
Man with one chopstick go hungry.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#563769 Jul 28, 2013
Wife who put husband in doghouse soon find him in cat house.

Location hidden

#563770 Jul 28, 2013
If anyone acknowledges me publicly here on earth,
I will openly acknowledge that person before my Father in heaven. But if anyone denies me here on earth, I will openly deny that person before my Father in heaven.

Anyone who welcomes you is welcoming me and anyone who welcomes me is welcoming the Father who sent me. If you welcome a prophet as one who speaks for God, you will receive the same reward a prophet gets.. And if you welcome good and godly people because of their godliness you will be given a reward like theirs. And if you give even a cup of cold water to one of the least of my followers you will surely be rewarded.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#563771 Jul 28, 2013
Men who fish in other men's wells often catch crabs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min New Age Spiritual... 637,635
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 min Johnny 4,753
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Buck Crick 28,717
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 19 min Holy Commandment... 44,171
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Hukt on Fonix 968,797
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pantheist 18,511
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 2 hr okimar 53,709
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 7 hr Paul is dead 3,642
More from around the web