“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#563160 Jul 27, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>page 26956

*** lil whispers wrote:
Stolen bread tastes sweet, but it turns to gravel in the mouth.

Luci's reply *this passage is a blatant lie in the form of a threat, it does not, sweet deliciousness pretty much stays that way unless you start believing this sort of thing, then you miserably pray and nothing whatsoever improves, this of course is a direct result of man made god*

My reply "Thou shalt not steal"......

Out of the blue? I didn't think so, it was in response to stolen food turning to gravel, but not all understand the Scriptures, which is is very obvious from their postings.

As I said before, there is no need to ridicule Lil Whispers for posting Scriptures, this is a forum about love and JESUS and one should expect to see scriptures here.

Or perhaps, they are enjoying themselves ridiculing others, and others are enjoying the enjoyment!!
Then why did you reply to Luci and not Whispers?
Luci didn't mention it, Whispers did.

Montreal

#563161 Jul 27, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>Why do christians drag their kids to church when you know damned well they'd rather be doing something child-like, like enjoying childhood. But no, you'd rather drag them into the adult world of religion.
Because they need to plant the lies earlier on so that they grow roots and are difficult to pull out.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#563162 Jul 27, 2013
stup stupod

Location hidden

#563163 Jul 27, 2013
ye

Location hidden

#563165 Jul 27, 2013
sdgrhukdfiudfui

“Saved. ”

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#563167 Jul 27, 2013
><> ><> A' Mac de Dia Oirfeid Ministrealachd <>< <><

"I wanna feed the hungry children
And reach across the farthest land
And tell the broken there is healing
And mercy in the Father's hands"

----------

http://www.revivalfm.org/

To the best of my ability, I used a Scottish-Gaelic translation in the above title for "The Son of God Music Ministry". Irish-Gaelic is similar but a little bit different.

The 2nd link above is a Scottish Christian homepage and it states: "Welcome to Scotland's FIRST full time Community Christian radio station - broadcasting 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." (local & global Christian station, Praise & Word)

If interested, you can listen in here:

http://www.revivalfm.org/wmedia.html

<>< <>< <>< <><

God's Truth is marching on...

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#563168 Jul 27, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Physical punishment cleanses away evil, such discipline purifies the heart.
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
*this sort of thing is part of the reasons wives and children are bashed, disrespected and abused by men, religious women do this too, ever seen carrie? so much truth in that tale, the bible tells people it's ok to treat people that way*
.. Abrahamic religions consider Proverbs the 'book of wisdom.' It's packed with timeless tips from God including flagellation ..

Proverbs 12:1 Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid.

.. it also condones and encourages corporal punishment of children ..

Proverbs 23:13-14 Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you punish him with the rod, he will not die. Punish him with the rod and save his soul from death.

.. if someone takes the bible literally, why don't they practice self mortification? Presumably Pope John Paul, II indulged in flagellation and asceticism ..

"... Christian tradition has cultivated the correct sense of penitence: fasting, discipline, asceticism." Pope John Paul, II:

.. whether people realize it or not, flagellation and asceticism are part of Christian tradition ..

.. anyone want to see what I can do with silk scarves to help them in their walk of faith ??..

Montreal

#563169 Jul 27, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>You've never taught them about the god's punishments? Apparently, you've left some things out. Forgive me for laughing.
She's going to drop it on them when they're 16, telling them all about the loving flames in hell and how her god is blackmailing everyone to do its bidding.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#563170 Jul 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
<smooch>
hee, hee, hee

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563171 Jul 27, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Mary that asked God to come in to her...
I wanna say "life", but that's not it.
Little help? River?
Daaaaah

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563172 Jul 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
White Jesus can't tell the truth
Black Jesus smokes crack
Asian Jesus can't drive a car
Alien Jesus can't find his way home
Any racist stereotypes I neglected ?
LOL
Yeah. He came across that way, our Jesus of many spaces poster.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563173 Jul 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually that is pretty close.
A common theme in mythology is that of the son vs father.
Most recently the motif was used to great effect in Star Wars.
The Ashera/Oedipal theme was lost with the Hebrew transition into monotheism and devaluation of all things feminine.
I think you're doing a fine job of de-devaluating women! Or revaluating? Provaluating?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563174 Jul 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer to your question to me is yes, with assistance from an educated, able guide.
Nice! Glad you're having a good time.

What's the strangest food you've eaten there?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563175 Jul 27, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
I look that way with any colour hair, doesn't stop him smooching other women. Manwhore.
doo-doo-da-dooooo

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#563176 Jul 27, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
The "cut and paste" as you say, is not much of an issue with me. I can see the possibility of it being simply a mistake. I wish the author was on this thread, who knows, for all I know Grace is the author. The link goes to a site called Grace something or other. Anyway the author cleverly slipped in verse references with out actually referring to the verses sited. I can show without a doubt that the verses sited do not support the authors claim without stating my opinion. Only using the books the author sited.
I am not familiar with OSAS so I can not say anything about it.
Faith verses works? That's an easy one. Pride. At the root, both sides agree. It is too long of a discussion for me to get into at this time.
I think there a lot of Bishops or equivalent positions shouldn't be in those positions. They are in them for selfish reasons.
Which is truth? The one that isn't doesn't lie :)
It's after one here and I have to get to sleep. I hadn't planned on being on here this much tonight.
Perhaps next time we can solve the world hunger problem or something easy like that :)
Have a good night G :)
Click on the link again...It says Grace International....Look up at the top and read the "About us" (History of the church) You will see alot of turmoil....
So I think your problem may be with the church and the article....

Grace is visiting her Mom (Her mom is lonely since her husband passed away last 4th of July)...Grace will see your posts when she returns proabably on Monday

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#563177 Jul 27, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
So sad and so deceived. I agree.
.. have you ever thought about creating a game show ??..

.. you could call it WHO WANTS TO BE A SPIRITUAL MILLIONAIRE and pitch it to religious television stations ..

.. or, maybe CHRISTIAN JEOPARDY ??..

QUESTION: What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds?

ANSWER: What is James 2:14

.. whatcha think ??..

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563178 Jul 27, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet the Jesus! was bummed out, huh.
Wait...
That was when the deity turned itself human just to sacrifice itself to itself to save its own creations from the wrath of itself...
That makes sense~/.
bwahahahahaha!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563179 Jul 27, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think I hate technology? I was talking about the dangers of not paying attention in a high-traffic zone.
And we call this, evolution.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#563180 Jul 27, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
HL is not an 8.5.
She's a 10 on a scale of 9.
I'll be a 3 when I get my braces off. It's the hump on my back that's holding me back, I think.
Look up from time to time, so it doesn't progress.

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Camp Cove

#563181 Jul 27, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they need to plant the lies earlier on so that they grow roots and are difficult to pull out.
Sad but true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min June VanDerMark 583,999
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 828,260
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min Freebird USA 176,510
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 min Jac 442,822
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 33 min Freebird USA 9,312
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 33 min dollarsbill 3,349
Should you Sell your Gold - Important! 36 min Protester 8
More from around the web