Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#563039 Jul 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I just walked three miles smoked five cigarettes along the way and never paused or lost my breath.
I can still run circles around many teens.
I really hate it when people run circles around me.

It makes me dizzy.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#563040 Jul 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Impossible!
You must have told them! Children can't think on their own about such things!
Thief!!!
ROFLMAO
My eldest learned at school and she told her brother ~ it was also my brother (being a few years older) that told me our parents were Father Christmas ..... Thief!!???

Hope you're rolling on the floor enjoying yourself, but can't you remember the curiosity of your own life and how much you found out about life, but not from your parents?

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#563041 Jul 26, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I never had the need ~ they learned of their own accord. The legend of St Nick had a beginning, and so did the legend of the Easter Bunny, and I still celebrate these two very Spiritual occasions with my children and grandchildren. Christmas is extremely special in Australia, to the majority of Australians, and I hope that we continue to share the birth of JESUS for eternity.
Why would one need to tell their children these are lies, instead of telling the true reasons behind these momentous occasions?
And as I originally asked, how in a discussion with a 7 and 9 year old, would you link the Bible to blackmail?
Do you think it is right to teach children that Christians and Religion are evil?
*delusional christian claiming ancient pagan rituals are christian, Jesus wasn't born in December but Horus was and Soltice is way more fun than xmas anyway, just not as big a money making event, as for santa and the bunny, well, that's two other pagan stories, I believe it's reprehensible to lie to children then spank them for lying, what do you think kiddies?*

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#563042 Jul 26, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No, giving a logical response to the response to the original posting..... How the heck to you imagine quoting a Commandment as a reply is an accusation totally out of the blue?
Why the heck did you post a commandment out of the blue ?

#563043 Jul 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Judging a group of people as evil and teaching your children to judge accordingly, is of course, the right of any parent.

Location hidden

#563044 Jul 26, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't give it even a fleeding thought BMNTB. God's Word speaks specifically about what's going on in here and throughout the world with unbelievers and the way they react and respond to what believers have to say. The only ones they are fooling is themselves.
_______
Jude 1:17-19.
17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
_______
But then again according to GW they don't need to even think about it now they can just wait until they're dead, and then they can just say "I was just kidding when I was alive, now that I'm dead I'm serious, I do see the light".
Or even better. According to le_le, they don't ever need to even think about it at all (even after death), because "everyone will be saved no matter what".
So sad, and so deceived.
LOL

You're funny.

:-)

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#563045 Jul 26, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea. I admit I am bad about that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. No promises, but I will try to remember to do that.
Thanks again :)
Whether I agree or not, I'd still like to see what you're posting. When it looks like a run-on sentence, It gets skimmed over. I used to do the same thing.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#563046 Jul 26, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to leave it where it lays.....
Good decision.

#563047 Jul 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you tell the children that Santa isn't real or lie to them ?
If they ask, I'll tell them the truth, but will also explain the origin. I will also explain that we are celebrating the birth of JESUS.... but they know that anyway, it is just a matter of linking the two together...

Location hidden

#563048 Jul 26, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!!!

Gesundheit !!!

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#563049 Jul 26, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Judging a group of people as evil and teaching your children to judge accordingly, is of course, the right of any parent.
*christian hypocrisy at it's best, or worst, you decide*

“Love much, trust none”

There

#563050 Jul 26, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>My eldest learned at school and she told her brother ~ it was also my brother (being a few years older) that told me our parents were Father Christmas ..... Thief!!???
Hope you're rolling on the floor enjoying yourself, but can't you remember the curiosity of your own life and how much you found out about life, but not from your parents?
So your parent indoctrinated you into the cult of Santa, your brother convinced you it was a lie and you continue to indoctrinate children into a cult that you know is a lie.

Can you say "hypocrite" ?

Location hidden

#563051 Jul 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nihao, sweetie.
Here it's Taoism, Buddhism or nada.
Very attractive.
Look deeper.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#563052 Jul 26, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Judging a group of people as evil and teaching your children to judge accordingly, is of course, the right of any parent.
That is exactly what Christianity does.

Agreed

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#563053 Jul 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I really hate it when people run circles around me.
It makes me dizzy.
I just trip them.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#563054 Jul 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you tell the children that Santa isn't real or lie to them ?
When he was 5, Ev told another kid at school, the true story behind "St Nic" and I got abused by the kid's mother. Ah well, peeps don't like lights and stuff.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#563055 Jul 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly what Christianity does.
Agreed
Yep. Precisely. Some of us just like to offer a different perspective and expose lies so they can't keep doing it.

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#563056 Jul 26, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not in the Bible, but we did sing the song "Santa Claus is coming to town".....
Still do!!
I still love the old Rankin-Bass classics. Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer Yaaaaayyyyyy.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#563057 Jul 26, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh ~ I have missed massive amounts of postings and have no idea really what is going on, but have seen what is written recently. Happy to leave it there, along with much other stuff :)
*passive aggressive christians commiserating*

Location hidden

#563058 Jul 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly the way I feel about all religions.
As for the 'cut and paste', If this were my classroom I would address it. It isn't so I don't. Not just for GW but anyone here.
I understood her post so I think there is a lot of arguing over misunderstandings. BTW, I do not agree with Grace's beliefs either.
Now as too the content of the article, that is as debatable as any doctrine alleging to be based on the Bible. There are a few thousand of them and few agree with each other.
I recall the OSAS and Faith vs Works disjunctions among Christians.....
Then you have the majority of English Bishops who don't believe Jesus is God nor that the Bible is the perfect.
So which version of Christianity is "Truth" ?
The "cut and paste" as you say, is not much of an issue with me. I can see the possibility of it being simply a mistake. I wish the author was on this thread, who knows, for all I know Grace is the author. The link goes to a site called Grace something or other. Anyway the author cleverly slipped in verse references with out actually referring to the verses sited. I can show without a doubt that the verses sited do not support the authors claim without stating my opinion. Only using the books the author sited.
I am not familiar with OSAS so I can not say anything about it.
Faith verses works? That's an easy one. Pride. At the root, both sides agree. It is too long of a discussion for me to get into at this time.
I think there a lot of Bishops or equivalent positions shouldn't be in those positions. They are in them for selfish reasons.
Which is truth? The one that isn't doesn't lie :)
It's after one here and I have to get to sleep. I hadn't planned on being on here this much tonight.
Perhaps next time we can solve the world hunger problem or something easy like that :)
Have a good night G :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min AN NFL FAN 119,651
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Ghost Writer 2 U 775,049
Ranking Miracle 8 min medprof 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 559,400
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min onemale 265,110
The Global Elites Are Moving Things Underground 20 min Garland 9
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 44 min Al Capone 5,101
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr The Awakener 175,608
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web