Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#562974 Jul 26, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
lil whispers wrote:
Children who mistreat their fathers or chase away their mother are a public disgrace and an embarrassment.
I don't recall...what does it say about fathers and mothers that gave their children reason to mistreat and disgrace them.
I have often thought of the commandment...
Honor thy father and mother...
I have often thought about those parents that don't deserve to be honored.
They exist...we read about them every day...those parents that abuse their children. Are those children still expected to...honor thy father and mother?
It is my opinion that we are meant to honor our Spiritual Father and Mother ~ agree with you that there are many parents who are not to be honored as such, due to their actions and ability to parent with love and compassion.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#562975 Jul 26, 2013
The fact is that John 1 adds to Genesis 1 and Deuteronomy forbids adding or subtracting from the Torah (first five books, AKA Books of Moses AKA Pentatuch)

John added to Genesis which according to the Bible itself is forbidden. In fact, the entire Christian Bible violates Deut.

That is NOT my opinion. That is a fact.

I could care less what the Bible says. Christians are the ones saying it is the perfect the word of God.
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
The doctrine being factual is a different discussion. Note that I said according to the Bible. You can say that John plagerized and twisted Genesis 1 when it is written in the book of John In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God... I would say that is an opinion that is open for discussion and interpretation. But if you said the book of John, in the King James version of the bible, doesn't say In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God... I would say that is not an opinion I would say that is simply false. Not discussing if what is written in John is true or not. Discussing if it is written in John or not. The KKK used and many others still do use being not equally yoked together to justify their Racism. It was not an opinion, it was taking something from the Bible out of context to justify their hate. The Salem witch hunts the same thing. Hitler, the same thing. History is filled with people claiming falsely to be following what the Bible teaches to justify doing wrong. Then, just as is seen here daily, their false teaching and horrible behavior, is used to mock, judge, and attempt to condemn those who try to follow the teachings of the bible. And to mock Jesus himself.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#562976 Jul 26, 2013
It is better to live alone in the desert than with a crabby, complaining wife.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#562977 Jul 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
A secret gift calms anger; a secret bribe pacifies fury.
Justification of corruption.

Location hidden

#562978 Jul 26, 2013
The wise have wealth and luxury, but fools spend whatever they get.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#562979 Jul 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Those who love pleasure become poor; wine and luxury are not the way to riches.
Tell that to the Vatican and Televangelists and all the other religion profiteers.

Location hidden

#562980 Jul 26, 2013
Whoever pursues godliness and unfailing love will find life, godliness and honor.

#562981 Jul 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ot wasn't about the context of the indoctrination, just that it IS indoctrination.
She's teaching her 8 & 9 year old kids that the bible is full of shit.
Which way do you think those kids will go?
Indoctrination is indoctrination - no matter the source or subject.
You might enjoy this ~

I must say that life would have been different without the songs of love that we sang through our early childhood. I can not imagine how I would have felt thinking that JESUS was linked to blackmail and talk to my own Grandchildren today of HIS love and the love of GOD. But, in saying this, it is all to do with our own experiences and Spiritual experiences are very personal and we each only know that which we know :)

#562982 Jul 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Teaching honestly is the exact opposite of your religious indoctrination.
She teaches her children honesty, you were indoctrinated into a deceitful religion.
How would you link the Bible to blackmail and discuss it with a nine year old, so that the answer came readily? And not only that, they were both going to give the same answer? A touch dark IMO, for topics of a 7 and a 9 year old.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#562983 Jul 26, 2013
I'm not sure what gives here B/man, but was trying to see the reasoning of Grace's post ?

If it helps to clear this up... this was posted. I was not debating it's content.
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
I have tried to locate where GW told IANS anything about what she wrote being from an article an have not been able to locate anything even similar to it. If someone can locate it please post it. Thank You :)
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
... I found something a little interesting but it will take a few pages to post it all. To be honest, I was a little stunned at what I found but it does make more sense than anything else that I have ever heard before.

... I would like to point out a few things that I discovered. Get ready for the "hives" to start buzzing and stinging me for this but if we really open our eyes to this, maybe we will see what God may really be like..
Continued on another page....
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You G
… Just like I told Ians, I found that article interesting and for some reason, It stopped me in my tracks and opened my eyes on some things.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever it was... anyone can agree or disagree with the post of Grace, but we can at least agree that all she did was forget to post the link...
Mr C did that for her...

… So any disagreement would most likely be the 'argument' here is IN the link's opinion, and not in what Grace found interesting enough to share.

… So what if any of us find things different.
One thing she was right about, and that is her own words...
…“Get ready for the "hives" to start buzzing and stinging me for this “

Sorry Grace. Even I can't agree with everything from everyone, but I don't see you stand guilty as judged on this one.
Peace be with you.
I also posted you re my own thoughts to your open question.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#562984 Jul 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
The wise have wealth and luxury, but fools spend whatever they get.
another contradiction.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#562985 Jul 26, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I quess I wouldn't have any sexaula desires or masturbations if I would see you and be scare of seeing ugly witch wrinkles covered by cemnet, and red hair lie local stree hure from cornet of Amsterdam brothels
even my own dog would get so deadly scare and wouldn't go outside to make poop for 3 weeks having fear that he see you again"sexy"
*psychotic chrisjewlim fantasising about seeing me naked, never gonna happen*

“Love much, trust none”

There

#562986 Jul 26, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>How would you link the Bible to blackmail and discuss it with a nine year old, so that the answer came readily? And not only that, they were both going to give the same answer? A touch dark IMO, for topics of a 7 and a 9 year old.
Do you teach your children that the Quran is truthful ?
What if you were surrounded by Muslims telling your children that Islam is the only way to God ?

Just because someone doesn't believe the Bible does not make them bad parents or giving poor instruction.

The premise of Christianity is divine blackmail.

"Believe us or be eternally tortured" - Christianity

“Love much, trust none”

There

#562987 Jul 26, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>How would you link the Bible to blackmail and discuss it with a nine year old, so that the answer came readily? And not only that, they were both going to give the same answer? A touch dark IMO, for topics of a 7 and a 9 year old.
When do you tell kids that Santa and the Easter Bunny are lies ?

#562988 Jul 26, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
*christian making excuses for another christian's nastiness by being even nastier, this is worse for your brain than drugs kiddies, oh my what a display, this one even threw in a bible verse that directly contradicts Jesus' teachings regarding judgement, don't these people claim to follow Jesus? priceless*
Luci, I am not sure what has happened but you appear to be bitter against all Christians and now you are bringing kiddies into the conversation, saying that we are worse for your Children than drugs.

This is a forum about love and JESUS and it is invaded as such by those who ridicule JESUS and our Faith and continually expect us to be able to turn the other cheek. When we react, it is 'look at the bad Christian' but when others react, and get nasty, nothing is said.

Sorry that you have jumped on to that band wagon, because obviously something in your life has caused this to happen, and miss your postings that were lovely and loving.

#562989 Jul 26, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
*this passage is a blatant lie in the form of a threat, it does not, sweet deliciousness pretty much stays that way unless you start believing this sort of thing, then you miserably pray and nothing whatsoever improves, this of course is a direct result of man made god*
Thou shalt not steal.....

“Love much, trust none”

There

#562990 Jul 26, 2013
"Be good or Santa won't bring you anything."

^^^ Blackmail ^^^^

"Always try to do your best, my child."

^^^ Loving encouragement ^^^

“Love much, trust none”

There

#562991 Jul 26, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
*psychotic chrisjewlim fantasising about seeing me naked, never gonna happen*
What do you have against us Chrisjewlims, anyway ?

LOL

#562992 Jul 26, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up, RA. Just chillin' and reading a little bit.
Hope you are doing well, too.
Hey Drew :)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#562993 Jul 26, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>....
This is a forum about love and JESUS ....
When ? Where ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Clearwater 853,652
Why do blacks name their children ridiculous na... (Sep '08) 3 min RFD 239
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Dan 595,837
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 32 min Concerned Adult 444,107
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 39 min Kid_Tomorrow 5,797
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 40 min The_Box 100,682
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 50 min WasteWater 272,053
More from around the web