Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#562874 Jul 26, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding! I had no idea.
Does it follow the logic of myth that Yahweh then had a son who's supposed to be a deity of peace?
Did Yahweh have a son b/c he wanted to start a new chapter in his life? You know, take care of a kid, prevent him from having sex, and hopefully watch him tortured to death at the hands of soldiers, that kind of thing.
Actually that is pretty close.
A common theme in mythology is that of the son vs father.
Most recently the motif was used to great effect in Star Wars.

The Ashera/Oedipal theme was lost with the Hebrew transition into monotheism and devaluation of all things feminine.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#562875 Jul 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Physical punishment cleanses away evil, such discipline purifies the heart.
*this sort of thing is part of the reasons wives and children are bashed, disrespected and abused by men, religious women do this too, ever seen carrie? so much truth in that tale, the bible tells people it's ok to treat people that way*

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#562876 Jul 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Don't say I will get even for this wrong.
Wait for the Lord to handle the matter.
Cower before us!, we've got the Jesus! on a stick!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#562877 Jul 26, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely agree :) And I don't worry about what others believe. What I don't understand though is why you would, in this post, say that I am not right about my belief.
I said you maybe right.

There is no way of knowing if you are or not.

For all anyone knows, the atheists could be right after all.

That is why it is called faith and belief, not called knowing or proof.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#562878 Jul 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Don't say I will get even for this wrong.
Wait for the Lord to handle the matter.
Shut down all the courts in the world ?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#562879 Jul 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
The glory of the young is their strength, the gray hair of experience is the splendor of the old.
*old shell or old spirit? because if we are talking about shells here, most youth are far wiser than most oldies, also, their eyes are not as filled with logs and other assorted debris*

<I do kinda like this one though :*>

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#562880 Jul 26, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
look at tommorow.for sure hairs on your stupid head is a lot less,
very soon they be hanging few poor grey hairs and face with milions wrinkles will look like goat female part= horrible ugly witch even little children get scare to see your ugliness from alcohol,drugs,makes ups, and sex everyday with different man scumbags
*internet time at the asylum, wonder if it's run by catholics, that would explain a lot, can we have this one as a pet?*

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

#562881 Jul 26, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Aaaaw, poor baby. He ain't got no one else away from his computer monitor who to talk to, so he talks to invisible mutes on the internet all day and night. What an exciting life.
Sooo what are u doing here?

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#562882 Jul 26, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm doin the same. Just watching a ball game (Tigers 2, Phillies 1 in the bottom of the 9th). I'm doing well. God has abundantly blessed me in so many ways. Hope your summer is going well.
I can believe that. I'm been keeping check on the Braves/Cards. 4-1 Braves, final.

It's been wet. We've had over 32" of rain this year so far, and our yearly avg. is only 36". But, it's been hot and muggy here lately.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#562883 Jul 26, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So white Jesus is full of love, black Jesus wants to get laid, Asian Jesus has the truth and alien Jesus wants worship.
Huh.
White Jesus can't tell the truth
Black Jesus smokes crack
Asian Jesus can't drive a car
Alien Jesus can't find his way home

Any racist stereotypes I neglected ?

LOL

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#562884 Jul 26, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
No kidding! I had no idea.
Does it follow the logic of myth that Yahweh then had a son who's supposed to be a deity of peace?
Did Yahweh have a son b/c he wanted to start a new chapter in his life? You know, take care of a kid, prevent him from having sex, and hopefully watch him tortured to death at the hands of soldiers, that kind of thing.
It was Mary that asked God to come in to her...

I wanna say "life", but that's not it.

Little help? River?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#562885 Jul 26, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Never! Happy Lesbo is like 85, so you have nothing to worry about young man!
LOL

<smooch>

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#562886 Jul 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because he thinks he is the Messiah.
LOL
It is because I want to be more like Jesus each and every day. I can't save a soul, only God can do that.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#562887 Jul 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
A wise king finds the wicked, lays them out like wheat, then runs the crushing wheels over them.
So much for "Don't say I will get even for this wrong. Wait for the Lord to handle the matter."

Nice contradiction

“"None shall pass"”

There

#562888 Jul 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Unfailing love and faithfulness protect the king, his throne is made secure through love.
The USA proved that to be a bunch of shit.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#562889 Jul 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
The glory of the young is their strength, the gray hair of experience is the splendor of the old.
I just walked three miles smoked five cigarettes along the way and never paused or lost my breath.

I can still run circles around many teens.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#562890 Jul 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Physical punishment cleanses away evil, such discipline purifies the heart.
How often were you beaten into being so perfect ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#562891 Jul 26, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh. That's kind of fickle.
I guess you're super sexy with red hair!
Yes, she is!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#562893 Jul 26, 2013
The king's heart is like a stream of water directed by the Lord, he turns it wherever he pleases.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#562895 Jul 26, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely agree :) And I don't worry about what others believe. What I don't understand though is why you would, in this post, say that I am not right about my belief.
Don't give it even a fleeding thought BMNTB. God's Word speaks specifically about what's going on in here and throughout the world with unbelievers and the way they react and respond to what believers have to say. The only ones they are fooling is themselves.
_______

Jude 1:17-19.

17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
_______

But then again according to GW they don't need to even think about it now they can just wait until they're dead, and then they can just say "I was just kidding when I was alive, now that I'm dead I'm serious, I do see the light".

Or even better. According to le_le, they don't ever need to even think about it at all (even after death), because "everyone will be saved no matter what".

So sad, and so deceived.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 4 min too lazy to log in 4,070
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Hukt on Fonix 880,814
Poll What's your opinion on Mexicans? (Jul '10) 4 min Johnny 72
You are of your father, Satan the devil, you wi... 13 min Doctor REALITY 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 17 min princeofdarknessi... 8,339
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 27 min andet1987 6,409
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 41,168
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr June VanDerMark 603,567
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 hr waaasssuuup 7,653
More from around the web