Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's awesome. Uhm, I'm guessing you're meaning some non-material sense, given that this world is full of poverty, suffering from disease and, you know, other belief systems that have other deities.
I can comment on disease.

I am convinced I am happier with my illness than many healthy people.

So, IMHO it is "some non-material sense".

Hope that made sense to you.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are right, I can choose not to respond. Or, I can choose to respond. With or with out anyone's permission. But, thank you for it anyway :) That is an interesting hypothetical dilemma. I don't know the answer. Those who hold those views would have a dilemma in that hypothetical scenario.
What if science shows that doors are really cows and it's freezing cold outside......can you see the dilemma a person that wants a cheeseburger would face? Eat their door and freeze to death or leave the door and starve to death. What will they do? What will they do?:) Have a good evening HL :)
Eat the cow and use the hide as a blanket from the cold.

Sorry, it's an ancient survival trick.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
Catcher here.
Just checking in to let you know I'm still alive and kicking. I'm in Huangshan (Anhui province) in the hinterlands of China. Travel is by horse cart and bicycle taxi. No English, difficult to know what one is ordering to eat, I'm seen as someone from another planet.
The people are incredibly warm and friendly, water buffalo, rice fields and chrysanthemum plantations are all around, and the Yellow Mountain is indescribable (google Huangshan and see pictures).
Some are Buddhists or Tao (the religions appear to be in harmony with one another), or atheist. Saw one or two Catholic churches along the way, in larger towns. The villages are 1000 years old or more, and many are in "original" condition. Only problem--it's hot. I have decided it's not a good idea to end up in the Lake of Fire. Tell Red Apples and trifecta I said so, and that I'm trying to be good.
In case you wonder how I can communicate, today for the first time I found a computer (from the '80s?), and somehow I managed to get past the Chinese characters and find Topix. Is this an incredible world we live in, or what?
A few more days, and I'll be back to Western civilization. The transition will be a bit difficult I think.
If you get a chance, feed the fish at one of the temple ponds. They say it is good luck. I just think the fish are cool and deserve to be hand fed.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Really ?
I must be a very small fish in a very big pond which has a leak in it, and so can fit into many places a big fish can't! lol
A flying fish!

How wonderful!

Love and hugs to you.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Ja... as close to the possibility that my uncle is my auntie.
My Aunt was said to have "a lot of balls". LOL

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
You can read and that's what counts. It happens to the worst of us!~~ hugs ~~ I thought you car was supposed to be antique? Congrats there too.
Over here, more than 25 years old is an 'antique car'. The Vette is 33 years old.
Will have the new engine in it in about three weeks. Doing some interior work on it now.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading through again.
It is this point where you and I differ, I think "apoletai" can occur while one is still alive...and be resurrected from.
I base this on the following:
"Leave the dead to bury their own dead." He is referring to the "living" as just as "dead" as the one who is being buried.
IMHO Jesus rarely talked about physical death at all.
Interesting. I was just giving thought to this very thing today while on a delivery. I agree. Regarding another post, the respect is mutual.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Experiencing God Day By Day:
Walking Worthy
Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ.(Philippians 1:27)
Paul never lost his wonder at having been called by God. He understood that the way he lived ought to be worthy of the King who had chosen him. He knew that the mystery of the gospel had been hidden for generations and had only been revealed in his day through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ (Col. 1:26Ė27). Paul also understood that until people accept the gospel, they are spiritually dead and therefore without hope (Col. 2:13). As a result of Godís plan of salvation, those who trust in Jesus are not only made alive in Christ but are also adopted as the Fatherís children (Rom. 8:16Ė17). Paul recognized that though the Gospel sounds like foolishness to the world, it is the power of God that brings eternal life to those who accept it.
Because Paulís life had been radically transformed by the gospel, he was intent on living to honor the gospel that gave him life. It would have been tragic to receive the riches of the gospel and then to live as a spiritual pauper. It would have been disgraceful to be saved from death by the blood of Christ and then show no reverence for that sacrifice. It would have been foolish to accept such love from Christ and then to resent what He asked in return.
The way you live your life ought to be a tribute to the matchless grace that your Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, has bestowed upon you.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Eat the cow and use the hide as a blanket from the cold.
Sorry, it's an ancient survival trick.
Great Answer :) I thought that one up on the fly and thought it was pretty good. But I can see I will have to give them more thought :) No need to be sorry, I love it :)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

It is better to be poor and honest than to be a fool and dishonest.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Zeal without knowledge is not good, a person who moves too quickly may go the wrong way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

People ruin their lives by their own foolishness and then are angry at the Lord.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Wealth makes many friends; poverty drives them away.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

A false witness will not go unpunished, nor will a liar escape.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
It is better to be poor and honest than to be a fool and dishonest.
duuuuuh, no kidding

"it's better to be walking healthy than have ALS"

"it's better to at working than being tortured"

"it's better to be fishing than drowning"

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

lil whispers wrote:
Wealth makes many friends; poverty drives them away.
"Good manners and kindness makes many friends; outbursts of anger and irrationality drives them away."

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
A false witness will not go unpunished, nor will a liar escape.
"A false witness in a functioning legal system with qualified professionals will not go unpunished, nor will a liar, when done poorly and revealed, escape."

fixed that for you

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Answer :) I thought that one up on the fly and thought it was pretty good. But I can see I will have to give them more thought :) No need to be sorry, I love it :)
When given lemons, make lemonade. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Many beg favors from a prince; everyone is the friend of a person go gives gifts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

If the relatives of the poor despise them, how much more will their friends avoid them. The poor call after them, but they are gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

463 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min waaasssuuup 729,492
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min An NFL Fan 117,712
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 4 min andet1987 4,237
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Aura Mytha 259,036
Rejected :) 8 min andet1987 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 536,839
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 10 min shyam 920
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Freebird USA 172,886
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••