Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#562361 Jul 25, 2013
God is in the business of saving people, not torturing them. Jesus is Redeemer, and whether we believe it or not, he is awfully good at what he does. He is the Savior of the world (John 3:17), not the Savior of a fraction of the world. "God so loved the world" (verse 16)—not merely one out of 1,000.

God has ways, and his ways are higher than our ways.

Jesus tells us, "Love your enemies" (Matt. 5:43). Surely we believe he loves his own enemies. Or do we believe that Jesus hates his enemies while he calls on us to love ours, and that his hatred accounts for why there is a hell? Give me a break. Jesus asks us to love our enemies precisely because he loves them. "Father, forgive them, for they don’t know what they are doing," Jesus prayed of those who murdered him (Luke 23:34).

Certainly, those who continue to refuse Jesus’ grace even after they understand it receive the fruit of their own choice. There is no place left for people who refuse to accept His free gift except outer darkness (another of the metaphors Jesus used to describe the state of alienation from God; see Matt. 22:13; 25:30).

"There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God,‘Thy will be done’ and those to whom God says, in the end,‘THY will be done.’ All that are in Hell choose it. Without that self-choice, there could be no Hell. No soul that seriously and constantly desires joy will ever miss it. Those who seek, find. To those who knock, it is opened"

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Since: Mar 11

Mercury

#562362 Jul 25, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, I guess I'll have to agree with you there.
Basically, I'm always right. If you don't believe me, just watch how Nano treats me - it's worship in its finest form, as justified by my perfection of all that is good and true in our universe.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#562363 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I'll screw me anytime.
<hands RR some olive oil>

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#562364 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Me don't know if me likes me anymore.
<hands RR some olive oil>

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#562365 Jul 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
huh?:-(
if your ambiguous god is everything, everywhere and really has no Name, Character or Body per se, is it also in your stool? just wondering about how those kinda gods operate.....
It's pretty easy. Go spend some time among the desperately poor of third world nations. You'll know impotent deities then.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#562366 Jul 25, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
A recluse is self-indulgent snarling at every sound principal of conduct.
Guilty as charged.

Now, can I pleeeease get back to my MMO???

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#562367 Jul 25, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Fools have no interest in understanding, they only want to air their own opinions.
Kind of sounds like someone who would post a lot of one liners...

:)

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#562368 Jul 25, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Words satisfy the soul as food satisfies the stomach; the right word on a person's lips bring satisfaction.
<hugs lil whispers>

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#562369 Jul 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Serah tells us often that she has a confirmation bias, although she doesn't use those words.
Her priority is to support her beliefs, not to learn what is actually true. Her "research" is yet another fantasy, a pretense to sate her cognitive dissonance. She knows it would be better if she could support her beliefs with evidence and SCIENCE, so she plays at doing the work. It doesn't matter at all that she can't convince anyone else that she's backed by SCIENCE. It's just a ruse to fool herself, which works, because she doesn't know what she's doing.
That's quite true, Tide. And kind of annoying. Confirmation biases suck!

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#562370 Jul 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The new motto for the American school system: Go draconian or go home!
hahaha! It'd be better than what they currently do.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#562371 Jul 25, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
God is in the business of saving people, not torturing them. Jesus is Redeemer, and whether we believe it or not, he is awfully good at what he does. He is the Savior of the world (John 3:17), not the Savior of a fraction of the world. "God so loved the world" (verse 16)—not merely one out of 1,000.
God has ways, and his ways are higher than our ways.
So...who does your deity save?

Location hidden

#562372 Jul 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. fight? Not really, not my style. It was a serious question ..
.. most Christians consider both homosexuality and abortion immoral. If a gay gene is found and science is unable to to negate it, then what? Do you let the embryo live, knowing as an adult, it will be gay or do you abort ??..
.. can you see the dilemma Christians would face? And, no, I don't want a fight. You can choose not to respond ..
Hello HL..
Most of those Religious people that you are referring to also uses their own "opinions" about what is moral and/or immoral. If they don't or never have done something then it is WRONG!!! LOL. I honestly believe that if some of these folks were actually living in the time of the crucifixion, they would be the one's who would scream the loudest " crucify him..crucify him..
Lord knows that they do it enough already. These are the very one's who pick out all the condemnation versus instead of spreading the Good News..They want to CRUCIFY!!!!!!!! Nothing changed much over the years. Remember, it WAS the religious leaders who wanted to kill Jesus but yet they killed people for killing people and for committing adultery..

Location hidden

#562373 Jul 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So...who does your deity save?
It isn't "who DOES He save..Its who he DID save..EVERYBODY..He came to save the world. ALL means ALL.:)

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#562375 Jul 25, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't "who DOES He save..Its who he DID save..EVERYBODY..He came to save the world. ALL means ALL.:)
That's awesome. Uhm, I'm guessing you're meaning some non-material sense, given that this world is full of poverty, suffering from disease and, you know, other belief systems that have other deities.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#562376 Jul 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
To you. To me, the essence of the statement was that there is a god. The question is completely different with and without that premise.
I'm asking to understand and acknowledge my beliefs in your communications. You seem to be expecting me to ignore yours embedded into the question instead. Well, no. Frankly, I'm tired of accommodating the Christian majority, and I'm starting to get the impression that I don't have to any more.
<quoted text>
Now you're telling me that the question was actually a statement,like a push poll. I would have answered it as a question had you left the religious implications out of it.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps there was no disrespect intended. I'm telling you that I find your presumption offensive. Will you not modify your language to acknowledge that our beliefs differ?
<quoted text>
I don't need to correct any thoughts. Carry on as you wish, and I will, too.
<quoted text>
That's wrong two ways. You asked me a question fit for a fellow theist, not an atheist. And it's not about rights. Your god mention was gratuitous, and I find it offensive. You have the right to be offensive, and I have the right to read it as such.
<quoted text>
I wasn't talking about rights. You were.
And you do have freedom to express yourself, but not free from criticism.
I'm sorry to you find even presumptions. I told you the conversazione with both you and Mark has been my first with this subject matter with of a non believer in the Christian Faith with any thought of concerting anyone.

Respect for me to any of you has been acceptance of this fact. But if you want to draw a line in this, without me still believing there is a God - or Jesus -..within my conversation, then it is no more less disrespectful to speak to me of none.

So if religious implications are expressed in all the Bible quotes I see you use, my expressions were never targeted against your beliefs on purpose, but somehow seem to have been seen as such by you. You truly have been in this game a long time, and I truly am very new.

You see... I truly don't draw a line between theist or atheist when it comes to safety... or rescue. And I really am thinking of everyone on this earth.

Oh well... take care. You have taught me much. I told you I am a quick learner. Even an encyclopedia Britannica set, given to me as a gift once to answer my questions was declines as kindergarten, and I gave it to a child.

We both have always been free to carry on... so thank you.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#562377 Jul 25, 2013
*** Correction @ Ians
I'm sorry that you find even presumptions.

Location hidden

#562379 Jul 25, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
don't lie
Eph 2;8-9. eph 1;2-12
Jesus did not die for this world of satan posession?
you forget translate original greek koine word"whole world" and meaning Cosmos by whom and for who will be crated in the close future and for whom?
2 peter 3;13.isaiah 65;17 FOR THIS WHOLE WORLD JESUS DIED,not for your haluciantions and Lies
you are dumb spiritual butt, babling own church empty doctrines
I don't need any respond from you,you are deceived LIAR,SPECUALATOR,AND DECEIVE OTHERS BY CLAIMING THAT YOU KNOW JESUS THOUGHTS?
YOU ARE NOT MY SISTER, NOR TRUE BELIEVER TO HAVE ANY CONVERSATION with you ABOUT TRUE GOSPEL GOOD NEWS,
you even doesn't understand what is true witness of Good news about Kingdom of God
you also forget what jesus said,that" GOD IS GOD OF LIVING NOT DEAD"
please please?stop lies and deceive others
So when you die, He wont be your God?? Everything that I post came from the very bible that you claim you read. Yes, I am still your sister. You don't get to decide that. Jesus already did. Sorry...Love you Brother

Location hidden

#562381 Jul 25, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
don't lie
Eph 2;8-9. eph 1;2-12
Jesus did not die for this world of satan posession?
you forget translate original greek koine word"whole world" and meaning Cosmos by whom and for who will be crated in the close future and for whom?
2 peter 3;13.isaiah 65;17 FOR THIS WHOLE WORLD JESUS DIED,not for your haluciantions and Lies
you are dumb spiritual butt, babling own church empty doctrines
I don't need any respond from you,you are deceived LIAR,SPECUALATOR,AND DECEIVE OTHERS BY CLAIMING THAT YOU KNOW JESUS THOUGHTS?
YOU ARE NOT MY SISTER, NOR TRUE BELIEVER TO HAVE ANY CONVERSATION with you ABOUT TRUE GOSPEL GOOD NEWS,
you even doesn't understand what is true witness of Good news about Kingdom of God
you also forget what jesus said,that" GOD IS GOD OF LIVING NOT DEAD"
please please?stop lies and deceive others
I thought you left the JW religion. It is YOU that are continuing in that belief but it doesn't matter really. Jesus Loves everybody enough to die for them. Just because your JW teachings tell you to believe otherwise, you should at least believe Jesus first. Have a goodnight my grouchy old man of a brother.((hug))((hug)) Now go get some shut eye. Time for lights outs. I will leave the hallway light on for you and try to keep the patient in the next room from disturbing you. Lots a love to ya Shrinky

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#562382 Jul 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. fight? Not really, not my style. It was a serious question ..
.. most Christians consider both homosexuality and abortion immoral. If a gay gene is found and science is unable to to negate it, then what? Do you let the embryo live, knowing as an adult, it will be gay or do you abort ??..
.. can you see the dilemma Christians would face? And, no, I don't want a fight. You can choose not to respond ..
Yes you are right, I can choose not to respond. Or, I can choose to respond. With or with out anyone's permission. But, thank you for it anyway :) That is an interesting hypothetical dilemma. I don't know the answer. Those who hold those views would have a dilemma in that hypothetical scenario.
What if science shows that doors are really cows and it's freezing cold outside......can you see the dilemma a person that wants a cheeseburger would face? Eat their door and freeze to death or leave the door and starve to death. What will they do? What will they do?:) Have a good evening HL :)

Location hidden

#562383 Jul 25, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you you red communistic scumbag
I urinate on your thanks and any responds
start worship GW,new pope on topic,maybe she saves you or date you,
ask old east german man or polish man what they think about scum a...les like you,esspecialy when they could'nt buy cigarettes only picked up butts from street walkway thrown by pigs and scums like you,you poor embrio fish brain secular humaity morality higher from Gods morality
bhwa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you idiot of whole cyber space
Calm down before you burst an artery. Geez, you need a padded room tonight?? LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min dollarsbill 8,074
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Stilgar Fifrawi 879,254
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min June VanDerMark 603,268
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min Pegasus 272,896
http://www.muscatmassage-service.com/ call us ... (Jan '15) 1 hr Jake 3
cleaning black dollar \ cleaning black currency... (Sep '12) 1 hr Blackhawk 88
Is the problem of groping in India over exagger... (Jan '11) 2 hr Keny 492
The Christian Atheist debate 4 hr feces for jesus 3,850
More from around the web