Why Should Jesus Love Me?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#562256 Jul 25, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Beautifully put as always. Reminds me of a conversation two of my boys had yesterday.
8yr old - Mummy, what's blackmail?
9yr old (spoke as I was going to)- The threats in the bible.
There is hope for the future yet.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, and thanks.
Pffft. And y'all scoff at the way we indoctrinate kids....

Y'all might wanna look at yourselves, too.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#562257 Jul 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
Greetings to BT 42 and G_O_D
Hope all is well with both of you.
I was thinking again about the topic of this thread and I came to the conclusion that Jesus did not love himself or his own self, so why should he love others and how could he have loved others?
What say ye, gentlemen?
Best wishes
BMZ
Hello!

Been a long time no see!

How are you doing ?

I am not concerned so much about whether dead people love me. LOL

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#562258 Jul 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey me. I'm going to eat some popcorn. Enjoy!
Awesome! I think you'll have a Pepsi with it, for me.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#562259 Jul 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Pearls are disgusting.
LOL.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#562260 Jul 25, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, now you're getting it.
I feel a disturbance in the force....

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#562261 Jul 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh...for your kids? At this point, I'd have to go with no. I can't imagine a pathway for which brain chemicals could influence methylation sites in the gonads, for a variety of reasons.
1. females are born w/the entirety of their ova present (although I suppose that doesn't necessary mean that the epigenetics are set, but as far as know, that's how it seems)
2. males have a testicle blood barrier that prevents most large molecules from entering into the testes, so that sperm are immuno-secure and almost entirely free from infection
3. development works like this, in this order, depending on a) calories, b) pathogen load and c) nutrition: central nervous system, immune function, body and physical stature. If you lack any of a, b, or c, you're first going to experience compromises in body and physical stature, second immune function, and third, if you're not dead, central nervous system (most infants subject to such extremes would expire before this point - as you can't last long w/out your immune system).
That suggests to me that all possible caloric and nutritional needs are shunted to central nervous system development first and foremost - it's hard to imagine that one's parents could influence this by simply studying harder.
However, I could be wrong - epigenetics is at its infancy. It's possible that some kind of neural chemical signaling takes place, is shunted into the gonads (say, via the cerebrospinal fluid or some hormone messaging system - IANS could probably shed some light here, if he knows of any system of chemical delivery to the gonads).
But at this point, with all I know, I'd guess "no." Rather, if you're intelligent, and you've done well for yourself, you provide the best environment you can for your kids. They learn from you, from their enriched environment, and perform well. I don't believe we've reached the maximum human potential in any field - children can always learn more, start earlier, work harder as youths. Not that I'm advocating draconian parenting, but children's potential has simply not been reached.
Thank you. I didn't take the presence of ova into consideration. That makes the most sense to me.

I'm curious....can an ovum, if taken from an infant, be fertilized?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#562262 Jul 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello!
Been a long time no see!
How are you doing ?
I am not concerned so much about whether dead people love me. LOL
HEY lol HEY lol it is day light ya know,Time to put the vampire teeth in the box until night time.ha ha ha You done enough lovin for one night with those teeth. ha ha ha

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#562263 Jul 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If you "switch off your DNA" you will die.
I wish they could find the "bitch gene" so we could turn women into nicer people.

Lol

Hiding, can it be done?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#562264 Jul 25, 2013

I don't think you are a homophobe, since you do try to be understanding and to be fair. But I think you have been conditioned to think of gay people as somewhat damaged, and carry a little of the irrational and unfair negativity that homophobes put out there.
No, sir. No, no, no. I do NOT see gays as damaged, for the IANS record.

I can accept them 100%. I just can't see them as normal. My version of normal, anyway.
I would call them sarcastic. They're mocking Serah. How do I know? I'm one of them. I introduced the idea.

Oh.
Serah should have been shocked and horrified upon reading that suggestion when it was made about her. If she has an ounce of compassion or empathy in her, it should have immediately shocked her out of analogous position directed toward others.
She should have seen how easy it is for popular opinion to define you as diseased, and take into account that her people's opinions are waning right as those that might call her sick are rising.
She should have seen how wrong it was to even suggest that society have the right to do something as invasive and dangerous as to try rearrange ones DNA on based on something so flimsy as her religion's say so.
Do you think that happened?
I don't know, I pretty much skipped that whole conversation.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#562265 Jul 25, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Thanks.
I disagree, however, about the impact. Of course it is impossible to determine what impact one person from a crowd is having, and I am but a small part of a larger group that I believe is having an impact.
What kind of impact do you think I should be looking for, and what do you think would be evidence to support or contradict the hypothesis that this kind of posting has an impact?
Honesty and fairness is the key.

I think you should promote the very tolerance you claim to support. But when you post stuff like "your religion and your prayer should be kept in the privacy of your living room" doesn't promote tolerance or fairness.

Unless you think this does too:

"your [homosexuality] and your prayer should be kept in the privacy of your living room".

When you write stuff like that, you sound as bad as the "church" you always talk about. It makes people shut down and ignore you.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#562266 Jul 25, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
I had no idea who counter strike is/was but from what I've gleaned so far he's one of those hateful posters who suddenly declared himself dead?...because that's never happened before on topix has it? LMAO

He[IANS] didn't add himself to anything, one cannot add oneself to anything, one requests to be added and is accepted. Sending messages to "our family members"? In what way are you related to the 'late' counterstrike? Or is this simply another hallmark flavoured term for the online christian topix family? Please do get a grip.

As for using a 'fake' ID, I'd say it was very smart, who would want the calibre of person with whom the 'late' counterstrike surrounded himself to be able to insert themselves into your life? You being a case in point. I would certainly mask my true ID before checking the voracity of the claims of your troll friends demise.

In what way were you stalked btw?

I've just acquainted myself with the calibre of Cournterstrike's postings and I'm forced to ask the question...why would someone with(as you say you did) an agonised homosexual brother feel any empathy with someone whose posts were as vile as those posted by the 'late' counterstrike?...because they were in the final analysis directed at your brother.

It's a rhetorical question, but we know you thrive on the collective misery of mourning.

If and it's a big 'if' there was a poster named counterstrike who is indeed, dead. I can honestly say that based upon the words I have read, nothing of value was lost. He provided very little of any consequence so he may as well be of some use and supply a little mirth in death. That's what you call honesty, you should try it some time.

If he wanted to be treated with respect post mortem then he should have treated others with respect ante-mortem.

You simply see an avenue to garner yet more attention by getting offended on his behalf and you will exploit his 'passing' to the fullest to achieve that aim.
Thanks for the anti-stalking stuff.

You're not allowed to say anything about Counter_Strike that isn't laudatory. It's the rules. You'll likely be hearing about it soon.

I guess it's no secret that I'm pretty outraged by this stuff, so you can understand why I'm encouraged to see more posters choosing to post passionately rather than dispassionately. I predict that the time is coming when a large body of people will react to this Christian behavior - maligning, scapegoating, etc.- with expressions not just of disagreement, but also of disapproval.

These are merely intellectual or philosophical issues that are correct or incorrect to be debated only with evidence and argument. They're also moral issues - basic human decency issues - that deserve editorialization.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#562267 Jul 25, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I would say so, and here is the argument why:
"-phobia" means the opposite of "-philia," a suffix that shows an affinity or attraction to something, as in pedophilia (people attracted to the pediatric population). Thus the suffix "-phobia," its opposite, more fully means an aversion or revulsion to something, whether that be due to fear as with arachnophobia and acrophobia, the fear of spiders and heights, or condemnation, as with homophobia and atheophobia. The revulsion can be from fear, disgust, or disapproval in any combination
By this reckoning, homophobia doesn't require fear, although fear may be present. Revulsion for any reason meets the definition. Computerophobes aren't generally afraid of their computers, but they are repulsed by them - perhaps they have been burned by one crashing, or are overwhelmed trying to use one, or they think people will hurt them by hacking theirs, or spying on them. Note that even though this is in part fear driven, people aren't afraid of their computer like they are of a spider. They're distrustful of people.
If you hold negative opinions about homosexuality, they are unfounded, meaning irrational. And the best you can hope to do with that is never ever let it influence any interactions or decisions. I don't see how that's possible when you consider somebody icky.
Lol, icky.

I don't consider them "icky". I consider the acts that they do to be icky.

But at the same time, I consider the acts of a lot of straight people to be icky, too.

But in no way do I condemn or fight them, unless they're damaging someone or something, as in pedophelia or beastiality.

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#562268 Jul 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks for the anti-stalking stuff.
You're not allowed to say anything about Counter_Strike that isn't laudatory. It's the rules. You'll likely be hearing about it soon.
I guess it's no secret that I'm pretty outraged by this stuff, so you can understand why I'm encouraged to see more posters choosing to post passionately rather than dispassionately. I predict that the time is coming when a large body of people will react to this Christian behavior - maligning, scapegoating, etc.- with expressions not just of disagreement, but also of disapproval.
These are merely intellectual or philosophical issues that are correct or incorrect to be debated only with evidence and argument. They're also moral issues - basic human decency issues - that deserve editorialization.
So I can expect a 'stink'(my own attempt at a collective noun) of socks belonging to the counterstrike appreciation society along any moment? What fun.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#562269 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Point taken.
It's possible I just don't understand it because I have no phobias.
I personally think that we have mislabeled some people on this thread. IMO there are very few homophobic people here. I think what we see instead is bigotry with extreme hate. I also believe that if we knew those people outside of this conversation...in their offline life...we would probably discover that they also hold bigotry toward other groups of people.

Then there are just some who hate anyone that is different than them.

We also have others that hold true to their beliefs...they think homosexuality is a sin and that the punishment for that is hell. Within this group they handle it differently. Some keep their opinions to themselves...others make it their mission to "warn".

Then there are those that are HOCD! I think we have a few of those too! LOL

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#562270 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome! I think you'll have a Pepsi with it, for me.
Screw that, me, I'm having an ale.

Some stable somewhere

#562271 Jul 25, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I didn't take the presence of ova into consideration. That makes the most sense to me.
I'm curious....can an ovum, if taken from an infant, be fertilized?
Yes, I'm pretty sure they can be. I can't imagine that's ethical, though :0

Honestly, IANS would answer your question better. I'm pretty sure, but not 100% sure, that ova don't mature inside developing females - however, my knowledge on this subject doesn't include how epigenetics function - if they do set up after birth, they might require some time (mind you, they might not, and from what I know, that would make more sense for some anomalies).

Some stable somewhere

#562272 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, icky.
I don't consider them "icky". I consider the acts that they do to be icky.
But at the same time, I consider the acts of a lot of straight people to be icky, too.
But in no way do I condemn or fight them, unless they're damaging someone or something, as in pedophelia or beastiality.
Yeah, sex is gross. Blach!

Say no to sex!

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#562273 Jul 25, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
So I can expect a 'stink'(my own attempt at a collective noun) of socks belonging to the counterstrike appreciation society along any moment? What fun.
Oh come on MC. Its why your here. You aint foolin anyone. Why else would someone so antichristian be on a thread entitled 'why should jesus love me'?

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#562274 Jul 25, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on MC. Its why your here. You aint foolin anyone. Why else would someone so antichristian be on a thread entitled 'why should jesus love me'?
Would you care to quote something anti-christian which I've said, while I've been here?

Strange I wasn't asked for my membership card upon arrival, it looks to all intents and purposes like a public thread, accessible by all faiths and those with no faith. Would I be wrong?

Is it a private thread where like minded christians can simply stroke each-other unchallenged?LMAO

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#562276 Jul 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
But not proven. That is the problem.
It is possible that we all have the "Gay Gene" but that certain events are required to turn it on.
Understandable, but there will still be loads of people who won't believe the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Bongo 24,336
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min waaasssuuup 985,591
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min hojo 685,428
blue eyed girl 33 min tishab 2
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 2 hr Edthirty 18
OVERWHELMED...by God's blessings 2 hr God 2
Red Light Therapy Des Not Work! Are You People ... 2 hr Red Lights Suck 1
More from around the web