Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#562216 Jul 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
My muscles ache and I can't get decent sleep.
Other than that, I'm doing OK.
I like to wake people up and make them think.
I figured that out a LONG time ago....

:-)

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#562217 Jul 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
If you constantly challenge yourself intellectually, you will turn on genes that promote neural growth chemicals, neural support, etc., probably suppress aging of the brain.
It's more normal to think of that as causing semi-permanent brain changes that increase memory, the speed of learning, cognition, etc., than to think of it as controller gene driven, but either work.
I understand about neural growth for the individual. I was thinking more along the lines of the affect it might have on offspring and if your own growth(through practice) would be genetically passed on.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#562218 Jul 25, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
I questioned those contradictions myself because it didn't make any sense to me. How can God say one thing in the OT but then turn around and say something totally different in the NT. I was sincere in my belief but I am not blind to the differences. I prayed about that everyday and then I learned the difference.
I never got a satisfactory answer as to why the god seems to evolve right along with man's ethical theory.
Grace Walker wrote:
I don't believe that God was angry at me for questioning Him. I question my biological parents and their authority all the time too.
You're using reason there. It seems to lead us to better places that our pastors did.
Grace Walker wrote:
How else are we suppose to learn.
I think those pastors prefer that you just listen, memorize, and comply without questioning.
Grace Walker wrote:
I questioned my Pastor right in the middle of his sermon..Simply stood up and questioned him. Of course, he is no longer my pastor.
I'm guessing that the two are related.
Grace Walker wrote:
I don't go into anything with my eyes shut and I thank God for that.
You seem to be arguing for evidence over blind faith. I do, too.

You're a good person, Grace. I like the way you approach your religion. You use your head and your heart, or as we call them in rational ethics, you combine combine reason with compassion. It's been done repeatedly to biblical ethics, and one by one they get cast aside - no more stoning to people to death for sex, no more blood sacrifices, no more burning of witches, no more slavery - with apologists making up narratives to account for the changes without having to admit that church ethics are evolving with mankind.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#562219 Jul 25, 2013
Buh

Bye....

Later

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#562220 Jul 25, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.. I was here within a year wsjlm began..
I know Christianity has always been challenged here.
What's your point?
I posted to a post of your's where you stated Ians and his fellow posters do not bother
The
Believers here...TODAY - 2013..
I asked you where you have been in the last few months, for many believers here are indeed throwing
temper tantrums
Regarding the newest posters.. And this is your response??
Good grief.
FYI.. You just throw bs out and hope it will defame me in someway..
I love this thread on the top.. It's a hot topic..
Always has been..
That's a very good thing..
At least we agree on something, this billboard at the top of favorites helps people to Jesus Christ, even if they don't read one writing on here. The title alone makes them think.

I'm not trying to defame you at all...but you have gotten into some rather vicious arguments with Skombolis and I'm not sure what that's about. But as I said to someone else, emotional investments on the billboard is rather unsightly to me, so that between you and Skombolis writer.

As far as these new writers...I have a feeling they are not all that new. Most of them have writings in the 10,000s plus. I doubt they only saw this billboard 3 or 4 months ago.

That leads me to think whatever criticisms they had about Christianity, they had it among themsleves on other billboards many many hundreds of times. So why come on a billboard with mostly Christians to repeat what they repeat among themselves probably hundreds of times? to let the Christians know it too? I think so.

Well I for one welcome that. Because that gave me a chance to clear the air with no holds barred about their religion Secular Humanism. It is rather therapeutic if I may say so HA!.

So I don't think the Christians here threw temper tantrums because of these "new" posters criticizing Christianity, criticisms of Christianity happened from the start of this billboard as you yourself said. It was just about the amount of them all at once and at the same time. But that's pass now. Now they are just writers. So we all just write and move on.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#562221 Jul 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>G why do you keep making an @SS outta yourself?
He was born with the: Make an a$$ out of yourself, gene.......

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#562222 Jul 25, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
So I guess she did well to fool me and make me think she was decent for a while.
By the way, how are you doing?
I'm great. Working a lot, but that's nothing unusual.

Fennario

#562223 Jul 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'm not a homophobe. I'm just speculating whether or not homophobia can be natural.
I don't think you are a homophobe, since you do try to be understanding and to be fair. But I think you have been conditioned to think of gay people as somewhat damaged, and carry a little of the irrational and unfair negativity that homophobes put out there.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Speaking of DNA, what would you call the atheist posters here that think a DNA rearrange would be good to remove faith?
I would call them sarcastic. They're mocking Serah. How do I know? I'm one of them. I introduced the idea.

Serah should have been shocked and horrified upon reading that suggestion when it was made about her. If she has an ounce of compassion or empathy in her, it should have immediately shocked her out of analogous position directed toward others.

She should have seen how easy it is for popular opinion to define you as diseased, and take into account that her people's opinions are waning right as those that might call her sick are rising.

She should have seen how wrong it was to even suggest that society have the right to do something as invasive and dangerous as to try rearrange ones DNA on based on something so flimsy as her religion's say so.

Do you think that happened?

Fennario

#562224 Jul 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Do you consider it unethical to try to reduce the influence of faith on individuals and on daily life using argument?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No, you can do that all you want. I doubt you'll have any impact doing it on a site like this.
Thanks.

I disagree, however, about the impact. Of course it is impossible to determine what impact one person from a crowd is having, and I am but a small part of a larger group that I believe is having an impact.

What kind of impact do you think I should be looking for, and what do you think would be evidence to support or contradict the hypothesis that this kind of posting has an impact?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#562225 Jul 25, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>

Truth be told,, I expect nothing good -ever- in your posts..
So I am not surprised in anything you write..
And I still find it amazing how insecure you are......

Fennario

#562226 Jul 25, 2013
Homophobia is exactly the same as racism, except that the bigotry is directed at same sex love rather than skin color. How is disapproving of someone for being gay different from disapproving of someone for being a particular color?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Hmm...Maybe because I don't view homophobia as 'disapproving'. I view it as irrational fear. Am I wrong?
I would say so, and here is the argument why:

"-phobia" means the opposite of "-philia," a suffix that shows an affinity or attraction to something, as in pedophilia (people attracted to the pediatric population). Thus the suffix "-phobia," its opposite, more fully means an aversion or revulsion to something, whether that be due to fear as with arachnophobia and acrophobia, the fear of spiders and heights, or condemnation, as with homophobia and atheophobia. The revulsion can be from fear, disgust, or disapproval in any combination

By this reckoning, homophobia doesn't require fear, although fear may be present. Revulsion for any reason meets the definition. Computerophobes aren't generally afraid of their computers, but they are repulsed by them - perhaps they have been burned by one crashing, or are overwhelmed trying to use one, or they think people will hurt them by hacking theirs, or spying on them. Note that even though this is in part fear driven, people aren't afraid of their computer like they are of a spider. They're distrustful of people.

If you hold negative opinions about homosexuality, they are unfounded, meaning irrational. And the best you can hope to do with that is never ever let it influence any interactions or decisions. I don't see how that's possible when you consider somebody icky.

Fennario

#562227 Jul 25, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
nobody cares what you believe or not believe
You do, in post after post after post.

You sound like Trifecta, who tells me the same thing day after day after day, each time seemingly angrier than the last.

Fennario

#562228 Jul 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Dr[dolittle} is a morally bankrupt individual. Very low intelligence and obviously dishonest and an outright Fraud. That's Secular Humanism for ya!
Dr shrink wrote:
agree this idiot doesn't even have own descency or 0.1%own honor or dignity moral communistic bankrupt is same like his atheistic humanism,russian communism and genocide by humanist Khmer Rouge his own Cambodian nation he is not worth even to fart at his nose sucj parasities before die,they leave lot of stinks and suffering of poor victims from their wicked godless hands and fish embrio brains
And here you are telling each other how little these posts mean to you. Again.

Thanks for caring.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#562229 Jul 25, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Thanks for caring.
If they didn't care the two of them could discuss scripture together. Maybe have a Bible study. Maybe share their witness.

Instead...they show up only when one of the "outsiders" post.

LOL

I think that sounds like caring.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#562230 Jul 25, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Thanks for caring.
??the sentiments in those writings shows we "care" about you?? Really? oy!lol! oh the logic oh a humanist LOL.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#562232 Jul 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Here a another translation, one with punctuation:
Proverbs 17:28 CJB
"Even a fool, if he stays silent, is thought wise; he who keeps his mouth shut can pass for smart."
Do you know what that means? I'm guessing that you think it says that that wise people are silent. I'm guessing that you think it is advice on how to be wise. It's not. It's more like advice on how not to give oneself away when one is a fool.
Does that belong in a holy book?
In answer to your question does not matter if it belongs in a holy book the fact is it is written there. Point to make is you still read it with or without punctuation.

Tis not kind to talk down to people, it tends to degrade you as a person (Do you know what that means?) as the meaning is pretty clear cut.

Yes you do a lot of assuming and guessing about posters here. As a poster here I do not feel the need to jump in on every post and inject my opinion I do not have to be a jabber box to learn from others. Your welcome to translate any way you so choose but that does not make it necessarily true. So I guess you can guess all you want.

Fennario

#562237 Jul 25, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
One could think of the earth as a God given gift in this universe... what would you do if such a gift was abused ?
I don't believe in gods. We'll converse more effectively when you learn to be courteous enough to acknowledge that. Why would you ask me the question in that form?
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Courteous ?… to ask you what you would do if a gift like the earth was abused ?
That's not what you asked. You loaded your question with an unshared premise. There was no question there for me to answer. You might as well have asked me about angels.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
My comment - with a 'thought'- re it being a God given gift added is not a reflection on what you don't believe ???
I'm not sure what that means, but your added thought made the question meaningless and unanswerable to me. My thoughts about abuse to the earth include the effects of god beliefs on environmental policy.

Do you know what a push poll is? It's a form of psychological manipulation - political propaganda, usually, but also seen in advertising - where a message is delivered posing as a survey.

From Wiki: "A push poll is an interactive marketing technique, most commonly employed during political campaigning, in which an individual or organization attempts to influence or alter the view of respondents under the guise of conducting a poll."

If you want to know what I think about environmental policy, don't turn it into an ad for Jesus.

Fennario

#562238 Jul 25, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
… the essence of that statement is around the earth's abuse.
To you. To me, the essence of the statement was that there is a god. The question is completely different with and without that premise.

I'm asking to understand and acknowledge my beliefs in your communications. You seem to be expecting me to ignore yours embedded into the question instead. Well, no. Frankly, I'm tired of accommodating the Christian majority, and I'm starting to get the impression that I don't have to any more.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
… you don't have to believe in God to believe that... The question was nothing more nor less than the fact of how precious it is!
Now you're telling me that the question was actually a statement,like a push poll. I would have answered it as a question had you left the religious implications out of it.

Fennario

#562239 Jul 25, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
… you formulate strange thoughts of your own while there is no disrespect on my part. Sorry you can't see that...
Perhaps there was no disrespect intended. I'm telling you that I find your presumption offensive. Will you not modify your language to acknowledge that our beliefs differ?
Peace_Warrior wrote:
please correct your own thoughts without suspicion re my thinking.
I don't need to correct any thoughts. Carry on as you wish, and I will, too.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Otherwise you leave me no 'right' to mention God in whom I believe, despite I have already respected you don't.
That's wrong two ways. You asked me a question fit for a fellow theist, not an atheist. And it's not about rights. Your god mention was gratuitous, and I find it offensive. You have the right to be offensive, and I have the right to read it as such.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
How can you talk 'rights' if even I have no freedom of speech, let alone a thought ?
I wasn't talking about rights. You were.

And you do have freedom to express yourself, but not free from criticism.

Fennario

#562240 Jul 25, 2013
You've misrepresented what occurred here. Assorted Christians have been calling this thread theirs, and referring to the non-Christians as a disruptive force that have invaded their their space and ruined the thread.
< crickets chirping >
I thought that that was a little un-Christian of them, and gave them my take. As I explained to Grace, I don't care for that.
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
I can only speak for myself on this. Those who believe and those who don't believe are all human and can at times get a little testy. That is where I think it is important to show grace or walk away for awhile. I or my faith is not threatened by you and yours. This is a public forum and just as those whose faith is in God can read your comments opposing God, so too can those whose faith is not in God read my comments praising God. And all can scroll. Unless we have a pride issue. In which case, that is an issue inside of us as individuals.
OK. I think I knew all of that already, and probably everybody else did as well, so I'm not sure why you thought you needed to post that, unless it was to excuse bad behavior with a "we are all human" answer.

Why is it that when you don't approve of me, I never hear about us all being human? You usually become judgmental and accusative. I'm starting to suspect a prejudice here - a different standard for Christians. Say it isn't so!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min PadMark 685,771
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 16 min Aura Mytha 26,440
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 1 hr Johnny 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Test 985,711
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 2 hr Johnny 31
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Jake999 6,449
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 2 hr Johnny 70
More from around the web