Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#562139 Jul 25, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>[...]My postings will be more Scriptural and Prayer like, pertaining more to the topic of the Forum ~ Cheers, Serah
....because praying in text on topix smacks of such sincerity. LMFAO

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#562140 Jul 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
First, that's not a science source. That's someone with blog who didn't actually reference any of those citations, but appended them to the end as a bibliography.
Second, you're only posting them here to pretend their scientific research backs up your misunderstanding of what you read.
Third, apparently you didn't understand this key phrase: "We talk about DNA as if it’s a template, like a mold for a car part in a factory. But DNA isn’t really like that. It’s more like a script. Think of Romeo and Juliet, different directors using different actors produce different versions. Both productions used Shakespeare’s script, yet the two are entirely different. Identical starting points, different outcomes."
Now it's understandable why you missed that - it's not written very well.
DNA does not change or reverse in response to behavioral interactions, including trauma. What happens is that the brain starts producing certain emotions over others - fear, anxiety, etc - and this calls upon those parts of the DNA that generate the (proteins that build the) hormones for these reactions.
Your DNA is like a set of instructions. How you live your life, the experiences you have, determines which instructions are turned on and which off. The DNA itself remains unchanged by such processes, but merely differentially activated.
Last, instead of tossing references at me, go read them yourself. They don't claim what you're pretending they do. They write things like this:
"Aggressive behavior is influenced by variation in genes of the serotonergic circuitry and early-life experience alike. The present study aimed at investigating the contribution of polymorphisms shown to moderate transcription of two genes involved in serotonergic neurotransmission (serotonin transporter, 5HTT, and monoamine oxidase A, MAOA) to the development of violence and to test for gene–environment interactions relating to adverse childhood environment. A cohort of 184 adult male volunteers referred for forensic assessment participated in the study. Each individual was assigned to either a violent or a nonviolent group. Logistic regression was performed and the best-fitting model, with a predictive power of 74%, revealed independent effects of adverse childhood environment and MAOA genotype. High environmental adversity during childhood was associated significantly with violent behavior. Forty-five percent of violent, but only 30% of nonviolent individuals carried the low-activity, short MAOA allele. Most interestingly, an interaction effect between childhood environment and 5HTT genotype on violent behavior was found in that high adversity during childhood impacted only the later-life violence if the short promoter alleles were present. These findings indicate complex interactions between genetic variation of the serotonergic circuitry and environmental factors arguing against simplistic, mono-causal explanations of violent behavior."
http://www.nervenklinik.uk-wuerzburg.de/filea...
.. sure glad you're here for this one ..

.. unfortunately, Serah will probably be impervious to reason not because her conviction is strong but because, as a result of her religion, she has chosen to be impervious ..

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#562141 Jul 25, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for gays, right?
Isn't that the way your religion works?
There's always a blacklist, you've shown your ideas on it.
Lacez, I apologise for suggesting that if you could get your DNA fixed to become heterosexual, would you take up the chance. It was way out of line.

In not time, and never at all, have I ever suggested that GOD does not love all of HIS Children, and that love is a thing of the heart. It is between each of us and GOD that which determines our lives, and only GOD should Judge us accordingly.

I did suggest that to me, the planet is more important than worrying about whether gay people marry or not, and that there are other things to talk about.

Sorry for giving you an idea of a list of topics, it was sarcastic and stepping out of line. I guess you cannot let the topic of homosexuality drop in here, it is of supreme importance to you, and I should never have written I won't reply to your postings.

Did that to G a couple of years ago, and here I am still replying about the same old stuff. Take care Lacez, and keep on loving your fiance ~ love is a grand feeling!

With Established Harem

#562142 Jul 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Please re-read what you posted above. They're not talking about permanent changes to DNA, they're talking about methylation triggers to genetic expression.
It never ceases to amaze me that the most scientifically ignorant people, like yourself, feel assured enough to make grandiose claims about topics to which you have absolutely zero understanding of.
.. Serah doesn't understand switches and their affect on evolution. Perhaps you can provide a link which explains it in simple language ??..

#562143 Jul 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. thanks for the clarification ..
.. my hunch? Serah wants to find a reason for her brother's homosexuality instead if accepting what is ..
Good hunch HL ~ it has been hard watching him suffer so :(

#562144 Jul 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. sure glad you're here for this one ..
.. unfortunately, Serah will probably be impervious to reason not because her conviction is strong but because, as a result of her religion, she has chosen to be impervious ..
No HL ~ it is not a result of any religion. It is a result of experience.

#562145 Jul 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. and, if there is a gay gene and scientists can't switch the gene off, what then? Abort the fetus ??..
They are aborting fetus's now because they are the wrong sex, and using abortions as contraceptives. I believe you support the right to abort, HL, so why would this upset you?
Malone

Ashburn, VA

#562146 Jul 25, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No HL ~ it is not a result of any religion. It is a result of experience.
Good morning.

With Established Harem

#562147 Jul 25, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, the Jesus believer should have the Faith and promise of tomorrow already
in their hearts..
So, what I do not understand, is..when questioned and or challenged..Why the fight??
.. you are challenging the matrix of how the world works instilled in the primitive portion of their brain through enculturation. It's the fight or flight response ..

#562148 Jul 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Serah doesn't understand switches and their affect on evolution. Perhaps you can provide a link which explains it in simple language ??..
I'll give you a link about switching off DNA ~ it has been a chemical additive for years - E211.

*** Coca-Cola is phasing out a controversial additive that has been linked to damage to DNA and hyperactivity in children.

Sodium benzoate, also known as E211, is used to stop fizzy drinks going mouldy.

Coca-Cola said it had begun withdrawing the additive from Diet Coke in January in response to consumer demand for more natural products.

By the end of the year no can or bottle will contain E211.

The company plans to remove it from its other products as soon as possible, but said that at present it had not found a satisfactory alternative to replace the additive in some soft drinks with a higher juice content, including Fanta, Dr Pepper, Sprite and Oasis. The chemical is not used in regular Coke.

While sodium benzoate occurs naturally in some fruits, it is used in greater strengths by the soft drinks industry.

But research by Peter Piper, a professor of molecular biology at Sheffield University, found that the additive could switch off parts of DNA, the genetic code in the cells of living creatures, that could be linked to cirrhosis of the liver and Parkinson's disease.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10218... ***

They used to call me the Chemical Queen or Chemical Detective down here, and I started a petition for better labeling for understanding the dangers of additives in our foods and beverages.

There is a book, The Chemical Maze, that is pretty handy when first trying to work out what is what. Interesting stuff, even tried ringing the Food and Drug board, and managed to get a list of all of the allowable chemicals and their % in each product.

Problem is, they're not responsible to letting anyone know what the maximum intake per product is, they're only responsible for making sure the maximum of additive is not over reached. Amazing stuff......

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#562149 Jul 25, 2013
Morning People.....

:-)

“Look at life through the windshield, not the rear-view mirror.”

~ Byrd Baggett

Thought for the Day

#562150 Jul 25, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
....because praying in text on topix smacks of such sincerity. LMFAO
***Carry Your Cross

Take up your cross, the Savior said,
If you would my disciple be;
Deny yourself, the world forsake,
And humbly follow after me.

Take up your cross, let not its weight
Fill your weak spirit with alarm;
His strength shall bear your heart
And nerve your arm.

Take up your cross then in his strength,
And ev'ry danger calmly brave,
To guide you to a better home,
And vict'ry over death and grave.

Take up your cross and follow Christ,
Nor think till death to lay it down;
For only he who bears the cross
May hope to wear the glorious crown.

To you, great Lord, the One in three,
All praise for evermore ascend;
O grant us here below to see
The heav'nly life that knows no end.

~~by Charles William Everest

http://www.2heartsnetwork.org/suffering.htm ***

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#562151 Jul 25, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, I praise you today for who you are. I come to you on behalf of all married couples. You instituted the family. You made a precious connection when you created Eve from Adam's rib. They would be mates and help meet one another's needs, raise a family, and oversee your creation. I pray for a hedge of protection around every married couple today. Please work in their hearts and guide them to think of one another as they should. May their priorities be straight, with you at the center and their marriage above other relationships. May they guard their families and be good stewards of all you have bestowed--and will bestow--upon them. Strengthen the marriage relationship and give power, wisdom, and guidance to each partner to stay on guard against the temptations of the world--the things and people that Satan would throw at them in an effort to destroy their marriage and the family. Bless the union. Work in and through these couples and families to minister to one another and others, exhort the body of Christ, and glorify you. May we be godly examples to the world. In the name of Jesus Christ, the husband and head of the church, I pray, amen.

Prime time with God

#562152 Jul 25, 2013
Malone wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning.
Hey Malone ~ it is so good to see you right now :O) You are a sight for sore eyes.... and on that not, I am going to say goodnight and hit the hay!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#562153 Jul 25, 2013
Encouraging Words....

Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does.

1 Chronicles 16:24

K-Love

#562154 Jul 25, 2013
note.....

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#562155 Jul 25, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>And we certainly wouldn't use DNA in our justice system if trauma could change one's DNA..

Seems Serah is reaching awfully far to justify what she said to Lacez..
Wonder if she'll ever see that her suggestion to him to look forward to having "gene repair"
was wrong and out of line..
Wonder if she' ll ever apologize..
I doubt it.
She also made claims that I spoke ill of her father, which as you know is completely untrue.

Montreal

#562156 Jul 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>If there was a proven genetic link to homosexuality then it would end the "born gay" controversy once and for all.
Sorry, but I disagree there.
Already we have more evidence leading to believe that homosexuality is innate.
Yet people still try and say it is not, people who are not homosexual or ever experienced a gay thought.

I mean, there are still people who believe that the Earth is actually only 6'000 years old, against all the proof and evidence.

Montreal

#562157 Jul 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea why they hate gays so much.
It's an enigma we aren't sure to figure out soon.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#562158 Jul 25, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
lol I had to smile at the old biblical 'chastize'
Shalom always in blowing thru Sister Flutterbye.
~ You should know well enough I don't discuss others unless forced to use their names.
I know...Just sharing a little with you Sister...

I feel better today....((*L*))

(How is your Mother-in-law doing?)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kentthetard 675,425
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Bongo 110,022
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr hallucinatingGab 982,187
68 year old man missing from Deens Landing?! 1 hr bugg_85 1
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 1 hr andet1987 69
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 1 hr andet1987 10
I love to show off my hot wife (Jan '12) 4 hr Deewhy 23
More from around the web