Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me chapter verse to back up your statement.
No, that would take too much time for a minor point. Does the phrase you quoted come from the Christian Bible or not?

If it comes from the Bible, and so does the phrase about unbelievers being fools, then why wouldn't you connect the two?

However, if you didn't mean it that way, then no worries.

“You have blue shoes”

Since: Mar 11

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>G don't understand the bible. Its like Chinese arithmetic to ol G... the boy is dumb
I'm dumb.

Oh! Jedi mind trick again!

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
Psalm 14:1
New King James Version (NKJV)
Folly of the Godless, and God’s Final Triumph
14 The fool has said in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt,
They have done abominable works,
There is none who does good.
Ah, there you go. So is this then linked to the phrase about not educated a fool, or are they unrelated?

Does "fool" consistently refer to unbelievers in the Bible or not?

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would an unbeliever read the Bible ?
Proverbs are a collection of "folk wisdoms" and insults. In Judaism they carry no divine weight. Another error of Christianity.
The tradition carries on to this day in the form of "Yiddish Proverbs".
Examples:
When you need brains, brawn doesn't help.
Even a bear can be taught to dance.
You're lucky, God, that you live so high; otherwise people would break your windows.
http://www.yiddishwit.com/List.html
That's awesome, thanks!

Makes a lot of sense.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am German, too.
Really?? My mother was born and raised in Landshut Germany. I have always admired the courage that it had to take for a young girl to leave behind her family, her country and her native language all in the name of Love and marriage.

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
Trauma has been associated in our DNA and my Brother was traumatised by pedophiles in his early years and he ended up a homosexual. If this could have been associated with the trauma in his DNA and reversed, it is my opinion that he would have had a better life, having children in his family.

You are not alone in misinterpreting my meaning, and I am very happy to leave it there. Removing trauma from one's life though, in my honest opinion, sounds like a remarkable achievement, although one has to look at how they are repairing damaged DNA.
Trauma like sexual abuse does not affect one's DNA. You're making an unfounded appeal to biology and a ridiculous claim that rape produces homosexuals.

DNA cannot be reversed to produce an effect. I know you're speaking in metaphors, but I suggest you take different ones - these don't make any sense. It would work better if you invoked the metaphors of your religion rather than create all new ones based on a misunderstanding and misrepresentation of science.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
fools are not only unbelievers,but also believers attending their churches, pray to the priest,but priest suck their money,and promise heaven .but none of them achieve this second spiritual stage because they fools like unbelievers
and don't argue Bible facts, Bible many proverbs is against unbelievers,but mostly Believers who read Bible,and preach fables having nothing to do with Bible
Most unbelivers of this world doesn't read Bible,and have not clue about this word FOOL,
only this word Fool is directed to stupid believers believing own fables and Lies like Grace Walker and many others out of your poor lesbian fool a...
I know what the word FOOL is and I think of poor old foolish dr shrink everytime I hear the word. I have doubts that you ever read the bible. Are you still trying to get past genesis 1:2 ????LOL You old Fool..

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, there you go. So is this then linked to the phrase about not educated a fool, or are they unrelated?
Does "fool" consistently refer to unbelievers in the Bible or not?
No. It has no religious connotation in and of itself.

“Let the games begin. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh!!! I am half German..LOL. Watch it G :)
Achtung!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Psalm 14:1
Only fools say in their hearts there is no God. They are corrupt and their actions are evil no one does good. This is psalms 14:1

How did this go from wisdom to no god??? Original verse was in proverbs 17:16 reads: It is senseless to pay tuition to educate a fool who has no heart for wisdom. Now explain this please.

“Let the games begin. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Living in Oz don't make me Aussie, never has never will. I'm Sth American in every way, if I have a problem, I'll tell you straight and to your face, might be aggressive as opposed to passive but at least it's honest, I won't bitch about you behind your back either, granted it's more obvious on a public forum but that don't mean it doesn't happen out of the net or in it when people think they're conversations are private. I've lived here 26 years and that's how long it took to find real friends of the female variety and most of them are from the Americas and Europe. I stay up all night to talk to them sometimes. It's worth it.
Si Senora.

As for me, I'm proud to be a Skippy the bush kangaroo.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?? My mother was born and raised in Landshut Germany. I have always admired the courage that it had to take for a young girl to leave behind her family, her country and her native language all in the name of Love and marriage.
My family came to Pennsylvania in 1742.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Achtung!
Watch out??? LOL I don't speak German but I know a few words. Is this correct or does it mean attention? I ask my mom why she didn't teach us how to speak German and she said she had a hard enough time teaching herself to speak English. I wish I would have learned the language fluently.

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It has no religious connotation in and of itself.
Thanks again! Why do I bother asking other people these questions???

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what the word FOOL is and I think of poor old foolish dr shrink everytime I hear the word. I have doubts that you ever read the bible. Are you still trying to get past genesis 1:2 ????LOL You old Fool..
Bingo!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Trauma like sexual abuse does not affect one's DNA. You're making an unfounded appeal to biology and a ridiculous claim that rape produces homosexuals.
DNA cannot be reversed to produce an effect. I know you're speaking in metaphors, but I suggest you take different ones - these don't make any sense. It would work better if you invoked the metaphors of your religion rather than create all new ones based on a misunderstanding and misrepresentation of science.
**** The Abused Addict – How Trauma Can Change Your DNA

So once again, here is an even greater validation by scientists on the cutting edge of DNA study why we MUST do all we can to prevent childhood sexual abuse in order to ensure that children do not suffer the trauma and long-lasting effects.

Doctors and scientists hope these discoveries will yield new treatment strategies tailored to individual patients, as well as increased public awareness of the importance of protecting children from trauma and its consequences. And isn’t that the true bottom-line—protecting children from trauma in the first place?

References

- MPI of Psychiatry, Munich Germany, 2003-2012
- Nature Neuroscience 2012
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Division of Violence Prevention
- Maggie Brown, MS, ELS
- Intramural Research Program of the National Institute on Alcohol and Alcoholism
- Colin A. Hodgkinson, PhD
- Pei-Hong Shen, MS
- Dr. Sarchiapone
- The Epigenetics Revolution: How Modern Biology Is Rewriting Our Understanding of Genetics, Disease, and Inheritance, by Nessa Carey (Columbia University Press, 2012).
- Christine Heim, Bekh Bradley, Tanja C. Mletzko, Todd C. Deveau, Dominique L. Musselman, Charles B. Nemeroff, Kerry J. Ressler, and Elisabeth B. Binder
- Benoit Labonte, Volodymyr Yerko, Jeffrey Gross, Naguib Mechawar, Michael J. Meaney, Moshe Szyf, and Gustavo Turecki. Differential Glucocorticoid Receptor Exon 1B, 1C, and 1H Expression and Methylation in Suicide Completers with a History of Childhood Abuse. Biological Psychiatry, 2012
- NIMH
- National Institute on Drug Abuse and the National Center for Research Resources
- National Institutes of Health
- Emory and Grady Memorial General Clinical Research Center and the Burroughs Wellcome Fund
- Binder EB, Bradley RG, Wei L, Epstein MP, Deveau TC, Mercer KB, Tang Y, Gillespie CF, Heim CM, Nemeroff CB, Schwartz AC, Cubells JF, Ressler KJ. Association of FKBP5 Polymorphisms and Childhood Abuse With Risk of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Symptoms in Adults. Journal of the American Medical Association, 299 (11): 1291-1305. March 18, 2008.
- Kelly Lowenberg, The Stanford Center for Law and Biosciences
- Moshe Szyf, a McGill University epigeneticist, and Michael Meaney, a McGill University neurologist

http://togetherweheal.wordpress.com/2013/02/0... ***

Guess who I'm believing? Give you a clue ~ it's not you!!

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Only fools say in their hearts there is no God. They are corrupt and their actions are evil no one does good. This is psalms 14:1
How did this go from wisdom to no god??? Original verse was in proverbs 17:16 reads: It is senseless to pay tuition to educate a fool who has no heart for wisdom. Now explain this please.
It seems to be a referring to Rabbinical training.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks again! Why do I bother asking other people these questions???
"Wine can best be appreciated when compared to vinegar." - ME 10:23

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you f.... have no clue who you are,
your brain is most stupid on this topic
sorry my friend?but you are poor dung without of shame LIAR
Col.5 tells you not to judge unbelievers shrink. Proves you no read bible..Here I will help you with this scripture and get you out of Genesis for a change..

I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— NOT at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a BROTHER but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside.“Expel the wicked man from among you.”

Paul is calling the believers like YOU who call themselves a Believer but goes around slandering others outside the faith. It isn't none of our business to judge those outside the faith..

Even G might agree with Paul on this one..Goodnight Shrinky

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch out??? LOL I don't speak German but I know a few words. Is this correct or does it mean attention?...
It means either depending on context.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

426 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Bigger Baby Jeebus 720,614
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Patrick 224,099
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min marge 532,621
Last Word + 2 9 min Richies Cool Man Diary 36
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min passing by 256,449
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 13 min shyam 4,580
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min Strength and Honor 172,337
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 11 hr Helga 72
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••