Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#561998 Jul 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you throw your money on education for someone if they just was not interested in learning a thing. Defeatist attitude no sir it is called wisdom. You cannot teach some one that is not willing to learn.
I know that all to well.

I do have a knack for making horses thirsty, though.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#561999 Jul 24, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>I was abused by a pedophile as a child and am not gay. Men love each other too Serah, deeply in fact. A beautiful thing to witness. Women love each other as well. Men and women love each other. Transgendered couples love each other, it's all love. Love is love regardless of gender or any other thing people find to be bigoted about. I sincerely hope you don't spout this garbage to your brother, that kind of selfish bigoted non love, especially from family members is what makes people want to kill themselves.
Hopefully with even you explaining how despicable her actions and words are, she might realize it.

Montreal

#562000 Jul 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Trauma like sexual abuse does not affect one's DNA. You're making an unfounded appeal to biology and a ridiculous claim that rape produces homosexuals.

DNA cannot be reversed to produce an effect. I know you're speaking in metaphors, but I suggest you take different ones - these don't make any sense. It would work better if you invoked the metaphors of your religion rather than create all new ones based on a misunderstanding and misrepresentation of science.
Hate is her language, hate is her game.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#562001 Jul 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to be a referring to Rabbinical training.
Quite honestly I do not know there fore cannot show a opinion as do not know about this type of training.

Montreal

#562002 Jul 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>**** The Abused Addict – How Trauma Can Change Your DNA

So once again, here is an even greater validation by scientists on the cutting edge of DNA study why we MUST do all we can to prevent childhood sexual abuse in order to ensure that children do not suffer the trauma and long-lasting effects.

Doctors and scientists hope these discoveries will yield new treatment strategies tailored to individual patients, as well as increased public awareness of the importance of protecting children from trauma and its consequences. And isn’t that the true bottom-line—protecting children from trauma in the first place?

References

- MPI of Psychiatry, Munich Germany, 2003-2012
- Nature Neuroscience 2012
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Division of Violence Prevention
- Maggie Brown, MS, ELS
- Intramural Research Program of the National Institute on Alcohol and Alcoholism
- Colin A. Hodgkinson, PhD
- Pei-Hong Shen, MS
- Dr. Sarchiapone
- The Epigenetics Revolution: How Modern Biology Is Rewriting Our Understanding of Genetics, Disease, and Inheritance, by Nessa Carey (Columbia University Press, 2012).
- Christine Heim, Bekh Bradley, Tanja C. Mletzko, Todd C. Deveau, Dominique L. Musselman, Charles B. Nemeroff, Kerry J. Ressler, and Elisabeth B. Binder
- Benoit Labonte, Volodymyr Yerko, Jeffrey Gross, Naguib Mechawar, Michael J. Meaney, Moshe Szyf, and Gustavo Turecki. Differential Glucocorticoid Receptor Exon 1B, 1C, and 1H Expression and Methylation in Suicide Completers with a History of Childhood Abuse. Biological Psychiatry, 2012
- NIMH
- National Institute on Drug Abuse and the National Center for Research Resources
- National Institutes of Health
- Emory and Grady Memorial General Clinical Research Center and the Burroughs Wellcome Fund
- Binder EB, Bradley RG, Wei L, Epstein MP, Deveau TC, Mercer KB, Tang Y, Gillespie CF, Heim CM, Nemeroff CB, Schwartz AC, Cubells JF, Ressler KJ. Association of FKBP5 Polymorphisms and Childhood Abuse With Risk of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Symptoms in Adults. Journal of the American Medical Association, 299 (11): 1291-1305. March 18, 2008.
- Kelly Lowenberg, The Stanford Center for Law and Biosciences
- Moshe Szyf, a McGill University epigeneticist, and Michael Meaney, a McGill University neurologist

http://togetherweheal.wordpress.com/2013/02/0... ***

Guess who I'm believing? Give you a clue ~ it's not you!!
Well, I never suffered any trauma, so there goes your whole argument anyway, bigot.

Montreal

#562003 Jul 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
"How Trauma Can Change Your DNA"

Complete bullshit.

You can't change your DNA. You can activate what is already there though.

Get an education. Please!
It's Serah we're talking about here.
Don't ask impossible things.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#562004 Jul 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite honestly I do not know there fore cannot show a opinion as do not know about this type of training.
'

Fair enough.

Thanks for your honesty.

<hug>

“Love much, trust none”

There

#562005 Jul 24, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Serah we're talking about here.
Don't ask impossible things.
With G_O_D, all things are possible. LOL

Montreal

#562006 Jul 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>With G_O_D, all things are possible. LOL
You take on the worst cases, eh?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#562007 Jul 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
<smile>
Such a fiesty little ferret.
Watch it there, I got one of those strange fiesty feelings. lol

Wonder if I could comsume you like a ice cube lol such fun that would be ha ha ha.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#562008 Jul 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Complete bullshit.
There have been recent discoveries in regards to Down Syndrome. I think it has to do with the 47th chromosome that Down Syndrome babies are born with. They have been able to get the 47th chromosome to shut itself down. It is a long way from use in humans but it is a major development. It's a different subject I know. But it is quite interesting and hopeful.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#562009 Jul 24, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You take on the worst cases, eh?
The healthy don't need doctors.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#562010 Jul 24, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been recent discoveries in regards to Down Syndrome. I think it has to do with the 47th chromosome that Down Syndrome babies are born with. They have been able to get the 47th chromosome to shut itself down. It is a long way from use in humans but it is a major development. It's a different subject I know. But it is quite interesting and hopeful.
Correct. Getting the DNA to 'act' differently is possible. Manipulating the DNA in the egg is also done. Drugs can change DNA in new cell growth, as well. One of the drugs I will be taking causes mutations in new cells.

Life events however (like trauma) don't effect the structure of one's DNA.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#562011 Jul 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch it there, I got one of those strange fiesty feelings. lol
Wonder if I could comsume you like a ice cube lol such fun that would be ha ha ha.
If you could read my mind right now you would be blushing. <smile>

“Filia Spartacus”

Since: Jun 13

Libertas

#562012 Jul 24, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch out??? LOL I don't speak German but I know a few words. Is this correct or does it mean attention? I ask my mom why she didn't teach us how to speak German and she said she had a hard enough time teaching herself to speak English. I wish I would have learned the language fluently.
That's right. They have signs in the Top End, warning people not to swim because of crocodiles. The German translation is Achtung.

I only know a little schuler Deutsch, but it's handy sometimes.

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#562013 Jul 24, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate is her language, hate is her game.
I crossed paths with that one on another thread when I first discovered Topix. She wasn't trying as hard to disguise her hatred then.....and the language was of sailor quality.(no offense to sailors).

Location hidden

#562014 Jul 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Getting the DNA to 'act' differently is possible. Manipulating the DNA in the egg is also done. Drugs can change DNA in new cell growth, as well. One of the drugs I will be taking causes mutations in new cells.
I read the article serah posted. I didn't get the impression that is what was being said. If drugs can have an effect on cells why is it impossible for trauma to have an effect? What I read seamed to make sense. Perhaps I will read it again tomorrow. I have to get to sleep. I hope the dregs have the desired effect. Have a good night.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#562015 Jul 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Complete bullshit.
I'll just give you some more scientific information and you can educate yourself....

***Childhood trauma leaves mark on DNA of some victims
Gene-environment interaction causes lifelong dysregulation of stress hormones

December 02, 2012
Abused children are at high risk of anxiety and mood disorders, as traumatic experience induces lasting changes to their gene regulation. Scientists from the Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry in Munich have now documented for the first time that genetic variants of the FKBP5 gene can influence epigenetic alterations in this gene induced by early trauma. In individuals with a genetic predisposition, trauma causes long-term changes in DNA methylation leading to a lasting dysregulation of the stress hormone system. As a result, those affected find themselves less able to cope with stressful situations throughout their lives, frequently leading to depression, post-traumatic stress disorder or anxiety disorders in adulthood. Doctors and scientists hope these discoveries will yield new treatment strategies tailored to individual patients, as well as increased public awareness of the importance of protecting children from trauma and its consequences.

http://www.mpg.de/6643282/childhood-trauma-dn... ***

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#562016 Jul 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.....

Location hidden

#562017 Jul 24, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
I crossed paths with that one on another thread when I first discovered Topix. She wasn't trying as hard to disguise her hatred then.....and the language was of sailor quality.(no offense to sailors).
I can not speak in regards to other threads. But what I have read from her on this thread from her is nothing like the way she is being described.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 842,037
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min RiccardoFire 100,239
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min Jimmy Savile 271,488
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min New Age Spiritual... 591,441
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 26 min RiccardoFire 4,825
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 30 min andet1987 5,937
'Caitlyn' Jenner fiasco is a REAL embarrassment... 37 min andet1987 3
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 10 hr Neelakaran 1,477
More from around the web