“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#561942 Jul 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Show me chapter verse to back up your statement.
Psalm 14:1

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#561943 Jul 24, 2013

New King James Version (NKJV)

Folly of the Godless, and God’s Final Triumph

14 The fool has said in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt,
They have done abominable works,
There is none who does good.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#561944 Jul 24, 2013
I love panny puddin !!!!!!!!!!

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#561945 Jul 24, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you an Aussie women?? Hmmm..Thanks for the warning old friend
Living in Oz don't make me Aussie, never has never will. I'm Sth American in every way, if I have a problem, I'll tell you straight and to your face, might be aggressive as opposed to passive but at least it's honest, I won't bitch about you behind your back either, granted it's more obvious on a public forum but that don't mean it doesn't happen out of the net or in it when people think they're conversations are private. I've lived here 26 years and that's how long it took to find real friends of the female variety and most of them are from the Americas and Europe. I stay up all night to talk to them sometimes. It's worth it.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#561946 Jul 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
LOL
It would have to be really good to calm my phobia!
You should ask Hiding how she cured my claustrophobia.

Sometimes unorthodox methods work the best.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#561947 Jul 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought they were directed at unbelievers? No?
Why would an unbeliever read the Bible ?

Proverbs are a collection of "folk wisdoms" and insults. In Judaism they carry no divine weight. Another error of Christianity.

The tradition carries on to this day in the form of "Yiddish Proverbs".

Examples:

When you need brains, brawn doesn't help.

Even a bear can be taught to dance.

You're lucky, God, that you live so high; otherwise people would break your windows.

http://www.yiddishwit.com/List.html

“Love much, trust none”

There

#561948 Jul 24, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you an Aussie women?? Hmmm..Thanks for the warning old friend
She's Brazilian/German... even worse! LOL

“Love much, trust none”

There

#561949 Jul 24, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt,
Yup.

It is ABOUT unbelievers FOR believers.

“The..”

#561950 Jul 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Luci that you have to wonder about me but glad to hear your children are doing so well. I don't have any questions to ask, but was responding to the Bible being used as an answer to a question about blackmail. Did GOD want the things that have happened in 'my' life? Simple response - no. None of these issues were GOD driven, it was all man(kind).
Trauma has been associated in our DNA and my Brother was traumatised by pedophiles in his early years and he ended up a homosexual. If this could have been associated with the trauma in his DNA and reversed, it is my opinion that he would have had a better life, having children in his family.
As a Mother, you know how it feels to love your children ~ why would you think as a Sister, I wouldn't have wanted my Brother to have that same feeling of love?
You are not alone in misinterpreting my meaning, and I am very happy to leave it there. Removing trauma from one's life though, in my honest opinion, sounds like a remarkable achievement, although one has to look at how they are repairing damaged DNA.
I was abused by a pedophile as a child and am not gay. Men love each other too Serah, deeply in fact. A beautiful thing to witness. Women love each other as well. Men and women love each other. Transgendered couples love each other, it's all love. Love is love regardless of gender or any other thing people find to be bigoted about. I sincerely hope you don't spout this garbage to your brother, that kind of selfish bigoted non love, especially from family members is what makes people want to kill themselves.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#561951 Jul 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh!!! I am half German..LOL. Watch it G :)

“The..”

#561952 Jul 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll scratch you.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#561954 Jul 24, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh!!! I am half German..LOL. Watch it G :)
I am German, too.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#561955 Jul 24, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll scratch you.
You'll have to catch me first. LOL

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#561957 Jul 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me chapter verse to back up your statement.
No, that would take too much time for a minor point. Does the phrase you quoted come from the Christian Bible or not?

If it comes from the Bible, and so does the phrase about unbelievers being fools, then why wouldn't you connect the two?

However, if you didn't mean it that way, then no worries.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#561958 Jul 24, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>G don't understand the bible. Its like Chinese arithmetic to ol G... the boy is dumb
I'm dumb.

Oh! Jedi mind trick again!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#561959 Jul 24, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt,
Ah, there you go. So is this then linked to the phrase about not educated a fool, or are they unrelated?

Does "fool" consistently refer to unbelievers in the Bible or not?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#561960 Jul 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would an unbeliever read the Bible ?
Proverbs are a collection of "folk wisdoms" and insults. In Judaism they carry no divine weight. Another error of Christianity.
The tradition carries on to this day in the form of "Yiddish Proverbs".
Examples:
When you need brains, brawn doesn't help.
Even a bear can be taught to dance.
You're lucky, God, that you live so high; otherwise people would break your windows.
http://www.yiddishwit.com/List.html
That's awesome, thanks!

Makes a lot of sense.

Location hidden

#561962 Jul 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am German, too.
Really?? My mother was born and raised in Landshut Germany. I have always admired the courage that it had to take for a young girl to leave behind her family, her country and her native language all in the name of Love and marriage.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#561964 Jul 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
Trauma has been associated in our DNA and my Brother was traumatised by pedophiles in his early years and he ended up a homosexual. If this could have been associated with the trauma in his DNA and reversed, it is my opinion that he would have had a better life, having children in his family.

You are not alone in misinterpreting my meaning, and I am very happy to leave it there. Removing trauma from one's life though, in my honest opinion, sounds like a remarkable achievement, although one has to look at how they are repairing damaged DNA.
Trauma like sexual abuse does not affect one's DNA. You're making an unfounded appeal to biology and a ridiculous claim that rape produces homosexuals.

DNA cannot be reversed to produce an effect. I know you're speaking in metaphors, but I suggest you take different ones - these don't make any sense. It would work better if you invoked the metaphors of your religion rather than create all new ones based on a misunderstanding and misrepresentation of science.

Location hidden

#561965 Jul 24, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
fools are not only unbelievers,but also believers attending their churches, pray to the priest,but priest suck their money,and promise heaven .but none of them achieve this second spiritual stage because they fools like unbelievers
and don't argue Bible facts, Bible many proverbs is against unbelievers,but mostly Believers who read Bible,and preach fables having nothing to do with Bible
Most unbelivers of this world doesn't read Bible,and have not clue about this word FOOL,
only this word Fool is directed to stupid believers believing own fables and Lies like Grace Walker and many others out of your poor lesbian fool a...
I know what the word FOOL is and I think of poor old foolish dr shrink everytime I hear the word. I have doubts that you ever read the bible. Are you still trying to get past genesis 1:2 ????LOL You old Fool..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Chris Clearwater 753,449
wierd situation with my mom. 5 min zankman79 6
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min Chris Clearwater 174,524
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Regina 550,704
Last Word + 2 33 min Doug77 875
women watching men naked on webcam (Mar '12) 36 min wallaby84 24
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 55 min EdmondWA 96,400
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr RiccardoFire 262,046
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 5 hr pk pk 122

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE