Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#561815 Jul 24, 2013
It is painful to be the parent of a fool; there is no joy for the father of a rebel.

Location hidden

#561816 Jul 24, 2013
A cheerful heart is good medicine; but a broken spirit saps a person's strength.

Location hidden

#561817 Jul 24, 2013
The wicked accept secret bribes to prevent justice.

Location hidden

#561818 Jul 24, 2013
Sensible people keep their eyes glued to wisdom, but a fool's eyes wander to the ends of the earth.

Location hidden

#561819 Jul 24, 2013
A foolish child brings grief to a father and bitterness to a mother.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#561820 Jul 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes those small crumbs found on the table (like me) will hand you a handful right. lol
I am well aware you can be a handful, Whispers.

<smile>

Location hidden

#561821 Jul 24, 2013
It is wrong to fine the godly for being good or to punish nobles for being honest.

Location hidden

#561822 Jul 24, 2013
A truly wise person uses few words; a person with understanding is even tempered.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#561823 Jul 24, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
...Some want to describe God has a overbearing, hateful, and vengeful God while others see a Loving, graceful and merciful God.....
I see both.
We are given life and we are given death.
Some say the latter is the true gift.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#561824 Jul 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nano has blood like battery acid. She basks on hot rocks flicking her tongue and hissing.
Medusa ?

LOL

Location hidden

#561825 Jul 24, 2013
Even fools are thought to be wise when they keep silent when they keep their mouths shut they seem intelligent.

All the posts were from Proverbs 17

Location hidden

#561826 Jul 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am well aware you can be a handful, Whispers.
<smile>
LoL You are such a lucky fellow ya know cause on the internet you have a choice to ignore or scroll. LoL in person it would be very hard for you to ignore or scroll. LOL Count your blessing in that department. lol.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#561827 Jul 24, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Excuse me there Shrinky, but what you are saying IS Church doctrine. With all due respect, I use to believe this way also when I went to church. Preachers have been preaching this from the pulpit for years. Don't give me that line of crap..I sat in church and listened to these manmade lies long enough.
I think you're making a similar argument about the church to mine. Christians seem to have a choice: side with the church or not. The church is taking thee religion down.

Some Christian posters are starting to sense that religion is a bad word, and are trying to distance themselves from it - people like Trifecta. But they can't as long as they defend the church. That is religion - organized religion.
Grace Walker wrote:
You have a religious mindset. You want to be saved by Grace but judge others by the Law.
It's the church that teaches him to be judgmental. I know that there are contradictory scriptures, but there are supportive scriptures as well, which are the ones that a person like him would cite.

Furthermore, the message from the pulpit, especially from the televangelists who reach hundreds of millions, is a steady diet of angry judgement. Christians are taught that they speak for an angry god, and are free to preach hellfire.
Grace Walker wrote:
These unbelievers are NOT demons. They are just unbelievers that you should try to help see the truth.
Thanks for noticing.

You're risking more attack. He has learned to view unbelievers in terms of devils, so he will wonder why you appear to be siding with us against what he has been taught. And he knows only one one answer - more devils - and only one reaction.
Grace Walker wrote:
You are a stumbling block for the Kingdom of God and don't even know it. Out of the same mouth, you worship God and curse men..What does that say about YOU??
I've already told him. He didn't listen to me, either:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

He belongs to the church.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#561828 Jul 24, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry.
Thanks for even answering me.
No problem Le_le. I'm always happy to answer your questions.

:-)

Fennario

#561829 Jul 24, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
May god bless you madam in this full humble understanding GODS WORD
LOL. Humble you are.

Fennario

#561830 Jul 24, 2013
Bongo wrote:
lol. callipygus?
Great word, isn't it? Callipygian is the more useful form, the adjective.

Fennario

#561831 Jul 24, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
I like the scary chicken :)
Thanks. I think its pretty funny, too.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#561832 Jul 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I see both.
We are given life and we are given death.
Some say the latter is the true gift.
Yes. the Word says that death should not be feared but I believe that it is human nature to fear the unknown. In my case, its not the idea of dying that I fear but HOW I will die. Nobody enjoys pain and suffering so to me its not knowing if I will die a painful death. Death has a sting to it but after I watched my daddy die, I wonder if that sting is actually to the one's who are left behind. If I look back on my life though, it probably had more stings than the one associated with death. If death wasn't so feared, then why are so many fascinated by it? The promise is that when we are absent from the body, we are present with the Lord, so I really need to rely on His promises. You know Duane, God tells us not to fear, 365 times in the bible..One for each day of the year?? I also believe when the bible say's to fear God, it is more of a respect or honor type of fear, not a trembling kind of fear. Fear paralyzes a person and if someone fears God in that sense, then how can they honestly love Him? So many questions!!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#561833 Jul 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>oy! interesting. Both of you is right to a certain extent.
Where I would interject, is that before Jesus Christ, saved people were in Paradise, not heaven.
Jesus told the thief on the cross this:
“Today you will be with me in Paradise.”(Luke 23:43)
Jesus also said this:
“Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the My Father.”(John 20:17)
That must mean after Jesus resurrected, he did not go to heaven. Jesus did not go to heaven after he died on the cross, he went to Hades, which had both hell and paradise at the time.
Now when a believer dies their soul goes straight to heaven. Jesus conquered Hades and conquered Death. So those believers that were in paradise before Jesus...went to heaven after the resurrection.
At least based on my reading of the bible that what I see.
Only other thing I would add is that I would agree Jesus did not die for those that belong to Satan. But those that belong to Satan, only YHWH knows who they are.
I would also agree that Jesus did die for the sin(s) of the world. But if Jesus is rejected, that person's sin(s), still remains.
So both of you right in some regard.
YAWN

BURP, scuse me.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#561834 Jul 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
YAWN
BURP, scuse me.
You excused, it was not for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min RiversideRedneck 30,326
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Michael 638,116
News Next Story: Michael Jackson's Undying Love for ... (Jul '09) 1 hr Sad Wings of Destiny 73
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Hillary 2016 181,967
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 3,559
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Bongo 968,922
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 2 hr okimar 53,718
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr RiccardoFire 43,941
More from around the web