Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#561716 Jul 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I prefer Jalapeno on a Stick:
http://t1ak.roblox.com/035ee1eedeb11605053ecf...
LOL
LOL is right.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#561717 Jul 24, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Today, I pray for all single parents who are raising children by themselves, that the power of the Holy Spirit and the Blood of Jesus will fall upon their children. I pray for the daily walk and life of the children, that they will be delivered from evil spirits and set free from the world; that they will feel your power upon them today and that the parents will see miracles today. I pray for the single parents who are fighting for child support of the absent parent, that they will have favor in the people, courts, and the absent parent. I pray that You will work in the hearts of both parents, that the needs of the children will be met. God, be the mother or father that they may lack and provide Your love, peace, and comfort in their lives. In the name of Jesus I pray and give You
Prime time with God
Thanks.....

Fennario

#561718 Jul 24, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds familiar. I like mine much better.
Always responds.
Takes excellent care of me no matter what I do and without my even asking.
Encourages me to be myself.
Got me out of bible god hell and placed me in heaven.
Doesn't ask me for money I don't have then use guilt manipulation in an attempt to make me feel like scum.
Replaces everything fake bible god failed to protect when I may as well have been a widow.
Makes me intensely happy, joyful and filled with pure love and compassion.
Doesn't ask me to shun anybody.
Sends me pretty birds and sunshine.
Protects me completely, especially from foolish christians attempting to hurt me, I know I told of some recent experiences but did I mention that they failed on every count? Well, they did, complete failure.
The list goes on and on and on.
Cheers for that Teddy, I do like it very much as have experienced both simultaneously and the list is spot on.
You're describing authentic love. Authentic love isn't a negotiation or a hostage situation. It isn't coercive. It doesn’t threaten abandonment or torture, nor berate, nor inflict guilt, nor fear.

Authentic love isn't vengeful, nor jealous. It doesn’t demand obedience, it doesn’t demand sacrifices, nor self-degradation. Nor does it make us vulnerable, insecure, nor dependent.

Authentic love doesn't demand pleading, nor groveling. Nor does authentic love involve torture, bleeding, screaming, nor being nailed through the hands.

Authentic love is given for the sake of the object loved. It is generous, enabling, nurturing, and noble. Sacrifices are made freely and gladly, and are not counted as sacrifices. Authentic love increases the object of love as well as its source.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#561719 Jul 24, 2013
I don't want my children covered in blood.

Fennario

#561720 Jul 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
We're here now, but very few of you remain. I'd say that this is our thread now.
JuicyLullz wrote:
It sure is. Good work. I might hang out more now that it's so pleasant. Of course, it has rarely failed to amuse us.
Thanks, Juice.

With all due respect to my Christian friends here, I think that we humanists have brought a huge improvement to the thread. These discussions are now quite stimulating. They're thought provoking, constructive and often very funny - unless you are a member of the hive, in which case they are fighting words.

We skeptics and humanist are accused of bringing strife to the thread, but that's not true. What we bring is an alternate viewpoint, and with it, an alternate set of values and ideas. Good minds welcome that, even if they disagree with some or most of those ideas. There is no strife with them.

Small minds fear that. They view us as enemy invaders. The more passive ones disappear. The more aggressive ones remain to swarm and sting. They are the source of the strife.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#561721 Jul 24, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a public thread Grace Walker. It is not anyone's to give or receive. I agree it is meaningless though. Everyone is still here :) On any given day you will see a morning post by Epi wishing everyone a good day and giving all something to think about, lil whispers will post some scripture, G will tell someone to STFU, serah will share something that is going on, chris will let his light shine, Peace Warrior will try to make peace in the midst of chaos, Dr. Shrink will tell someone he doesn't agree with to smell his farts etc., Q has been posting some music of late and often shares his view on a topic being discussed, AnnieJ will post something when she see something she wants to comment on, trifecta still makes his voice be heard, skom still jumps in when he thinks someone is getting too big for their britches as does RA, HFN is still here, Old school granny still pops in from time to time, the number of people, while not great, that enjoy good discussions from the philosophical to the political, is growing. And there are more I didn't mention :) Those whose faith is in God the Father through Jesus Christ The Son, still say PRAISE THE LORD :) Some person on the internet that thinks too highly of themselves doesn't chase a true believer off. They only show how much hurt and confusion is in the world. And they show us that we must pray for a world of lost souls. And they show us how important it is for us to humble ourselves before the Lord. Keep walking in grace, Grace. And know you are not alone here. We might have minute differences, but our faith is in Jesus and his grace. Again I am reminded of Elisha and his servant. Just as the servant couldn't see all that were there, so too it is here. There might be those who think they have us surrounded. But it is they who are too blind too see that it is they who are out numbered :)
Great post Bernie....I agree....

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#561722 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
You're describing authentic love. Authentic love isn't a negotiation or a hostage situation. It isn't coercive. It doesn’t threaten abandonment or torture, nor berate, nor inflict guilt, nor fear.
Authentic love isn't vengeful, nor jealous. It doesn’t demand obedience, it doesn’t demand sacrifices, nor self-degradation. Nor does it make us vulnerable, insecure, nor dependent.
Authentic love doesn't demand pleading, nor groveling. Nor does authentic love involve torture, bleeding, screaming, nor being nailed through the hands.
Authentic love is given for the sake of the object loved. It is generous, enabling, nurturing, and noble. Sacrifices are made freely and gladly, and are not counted as sacrifices. Authentic love increases the object of love as well as its source.
Yep. Beautifully put as always. Reminds me of a conversation two of my boys had yesterday.

8yr old - Mummy, what's blackmail?

9yr old (spoke as I was going to)- The threats in the bible.

There is hope for the future yet.

Fennario

#561723 Jul 24, 2013
We're here now, but very few of you remain. I'd say that this is our thread now.
Grace Walker wrote:
You can have this thread. It is meaningless anyway. Congrats Ians.
It's not meaningless to me. Grace. I enjoy it and profit from it.

You need to interpret comments like mine in the proper light. I am answering a Christian - and others like him such as Serah - who state or imply that the thread belongs to them, and that we are unwelcome here. I don't like such people, and I am happy to turn their language around and stick them with it.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#561724 Jul 24, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
Warning warning, Christian subject. Some non-believers may not want to read this. You have been warned, now it is up to you to expose yourself to this or not.
Experiencing God Day By Day:
Displaying God through Your Life
Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.(Philippians 2:12b-13)
Salvation is not an event; it is a process. Salvation is God’s gift, for there is nothing we can do to save ourselves (Eph. 2:8–9). Yet with salvation comes the responsibility to work out our salvation. Once we have been saved, we must claim all that has become ours.
Through salvation, God gave you victory over sin. That victory applies not only to past sins but also to every sin you will ever commit. When you became a Christian, God made you a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17). God wants to continually build new things into your life as you walk with Him. God gave you His joy when He saved you, and He wants to fill you with His joy daily. When you first repented of your sin, you relinquished your right to your life. God continues to ask you to yield your will to Him and to follow His leading rather than setting your own direction for your life. When you were converted, God made everything available to you; how you implement what He has given you is your choice (2 Pet. 1:3–9).
This is the great paradox of the Christian life. We are to work diligently on our faith, yet always with the awareness that only God can bring about lasting change in our lives. As we see God at work in us, we are motivated to work even more diligently. God will not force His changes upon us; neither can we bring about lasting change in our lives apart from the work of the Holy Spirit.
When you sense God developing an area of your life, join Him in His activity so that His salvation will be demonstrated fully.
Great to see you HFN....I loved your Warning....

:-)

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#561725 Jul 24, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Her envy is obvious.
So it's not just me then.

Some stable somewhere

#561727 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Was that your rebuttal?
This post was so funny - thanks!

Fennario

#561728 Jul 24, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
I will be bombarded with insults from my fellow believers for this
Dr shrink wrote:
i DON'T THINK THAT YOU PLEASE GOD for conversating with seed of devil who excluded God and establisehed stolen biblical morality to fit their wicked atheistic agendas,
claim in same time that his morality is higher from Gods Morality
this parasite according to Bible,is child of devil,demented hater spewing foam of hate around, his purpose here is not to please you, only to blasphemy and spit against Bible and Gods Biblical Gospel
@ Grace:

Right on cue. The hive rears its ugly ass and bares its stinger. You (Grace) try to establish a little peace with the opposition, and a basis for discussion, and this soldier for the hive will have none of it.

This is the strife. This is the hatred. It's from Christians. I have given up trying to communicate with these people long ago. The best way to deal with such people and the church that spawns them by the tens of millions is with resistance in the form of argument, ridicule and harsh rebuke.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#561729 Jul 24, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Beautifully put as always. Reminds me of a conversation two of my boys had yesterday.
If they're that young, then yes, I believe there is.

Fennario

#561730 Jul 24, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
C'mon dude get new material, if you want, or don't. LOL
Thanks, but I think I'm sticking with the Scary Chicken. Familiarity is more useful than novelty for this purpose.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#561731 Jul 24, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Correction with last post... Quotation marks.
<quoted text>
I see too much confrontation in here when things are misunderstood. To me forgiving is also overlooking a persons innocence or even ignorance without asking for apology.
Topix-wise is not necessarily so – excuse the pun – when it comes to a wise response. My understanding of discussion is one gets no-where if both ears are not also tuned to the key of the conversation, rather than the heat or coldness of emotions.
… silent action has no need of praise.
I didn't "chastise" Ians....I said basically I didn't see him being very nice....I am having a hard time getting past his "Meanspirit".

Christians have problems growing also...

Shalom Sweet Sister

Some stable somewhere

#561732 Jul 24, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice! What smart kids you have :)

Fennario

#561733 Jul 24, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
listen coward, I chalenge you to meet me in Washington DC? when we meet each other you poor scum bag"owner of this topic" he he heeeeeeeeeeee
Aren't you about ninety?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#561734 Jul 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice! What smart kids you have :)
Understatement. Hey hiding, where you been? I suppose one could ask me that as well. Btw, thank you :)

Fennario

#561735 Jul 24, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
also both of you gonna go anyway to hell(HELL WITH BOTH OF YOU)
Oh look! It's Methuselah shaking the Scary Chicken! Oogah Boogah! Oogah Boogah!

Get a friggin' clue, will you?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#561736 Jul 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. a disease robbed your brother of his stamina, not homosexuality. Can you separate the two ??..
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>He is alone...... that was my point
.. aren't you in your brother's life ??..

.. right now, there are tomatoes, green peppers, catnip, sage, oregano, rosemary and cucumbers growing in my garden. I never feel alone in my garden ..

.. yes, for some the thought of being utterly alone can be rather terrifying. For others, the state of being alone is nurtured. Some people like being alone; it cultivates the need to be with others ..

.. are you alone ??..]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Rosa_Winkel 979,274
how can i get panties? (Jul '10) 5 min I am straight 15 ... 34
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 min Rosa_Winkel 445,559
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 1 hr Squirtss7602 31
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 hr spinosaurus baryo... 92,257
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 183,608
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Pegasus is a pus sy 285,942
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 hr truth 667,516
More from around the web