|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
Side note. On another thread, Clearwater said he was done posting here because of the nasty atheists. Yet he lurks.
Why would somebody need to hide from "nastiness"? The nasty Christians are among the things that make this thread so useful and instructive.

"Well, Iíve been hearing quite a lot of bitching and whining in the press lately about aggressive, intolerant, atheism; as if thatís, somehow, a bad thing. It seems religion can dish it out okay but it canít take it: like a street thug who calls the police when his victims fight back." - Pat Condell.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
I learn from most of the Christians. There is no better place to see the damage the church inflicts on the individual man or woman on the street than right here. As we've noted, these types of extensive interviews with no holds barred are impossible in meat space.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Even I, the least of Christians, learn a lot from all of you... From all the terms you call yourselves - eg secular humans - to anything else added to the word-books of your English reasons for not believing the same.
That is to your credit. Many of your fellow Christians have fled in search of unicorns and rainbows.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
in my Island home. They have an an amazing ability to live with an open mind and heart to all things possible without finding the need to analyse. It allows for progress without limitations.
I don't think you'll make much progress without analysis.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Since: Mar 11

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Portia the Rossi wrote:
<quoted text>Pray tell, when should homosexuals be brought up? When it is a homosexual bringing it up or when homosexuals are soliciting votes? This this thread is called "Should Jesus Love Me", so should we accept that you believe that Jesus exists or are you strangely bringing him up?
Yeah, that's my point. Dr. Shrink brings up homosexuals at every turn and I can't figure out why.

Are you suggesting he's a homosexual and trying to solicit votes?

Oh, for me, I don't believe that Jesus exists. If he existed, as a man, he's long dead. So Jesus can't love you.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Portia the Rossi wrote:
<quoted text>Funny you should admit this because Scientologist are just atheist who admit that they follow a religion and practice it.
That's too simple. Quite clearly they have religious beliefs and try to follow them - they just don't share your religious beliefs. Personally, I find their beliefs more distasteful than yours, but equally fictitious.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw! Is you the victim because of yer inhibitions?
There's times one has to face actuality.
were the jews victims because of their german inhibitions and did they deserve their fate, heir BT?

yeah....you're a politically correct sell-out, chameleon who will persecute whatever demogracphic the collective deems is not a conformist. what an ass-kisser!

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Portia the Rossi wrote:
<quoted text>We were having this discussion earlier. The term homophobia is a manufactured bastardized word designed to create imaginary shame. There is no such thing as homophobia, except as a part of the gays gender identity disorder and ego-dystonic homosexuality. Imagine that, a dog being forced to believe it is a dog and must assume the role of a dog.
Can you identify which is made-up and which is not? Homosapien, homo erectus, homophobia and homosexual? Using the etiology of the word homo we discover that there is no scientific basis for either the words homophobia or homosexual. I do not accept or condone rapist, but I have never been called a rapophobic. Being a female, I am certainly likely to be in a larger group of people who fear rapists than there are people who fear gays.
Are a lot of you Christianphobes? Your actions would demonstrate that you fear Christians.
Ah, you're that troll who's obsessed about fake psychological terms. Thanks for using your usual terminology. I'll ignore you now.

In just a few posts, you'll bring up pedophilia, b/c that's your main concern.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
HFY is a smart, educated poster.
You would do well to learn from her.
Thanks young Chess Jurist!:)

Nano hates me, mostly b/c I'm a girl, but also b/c I wouldn't be her Junior high school gossip buddy. Her envy gives me great pleasure.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I don't have any anagrams for RR.
Really Realistic.

Really Retarded.

Rorschach Reality.

Running Randomly.

Rising Rapidly.

Rinse Rice.

Rotgut Rocks.

and so much more!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not Christophobic but I do think Christianity (and some other religions) causes more harm than good.
Phobias are "irrational fears", IANS' and others' fears regarding Christianity are not irrational.
The ones who have irrational fears are the Christians and other religions who fear education, science and other religions.
let's look at what you're saying:

1st - "I do think Christianity causes more harm than good"

2nd - "Phobias are "irrational fears"..."

i suppose that you justify your christophobia as a 'rationale' fear?!

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
You can't blame others who didn't have the same opportunities as I did to come to terms with Life from the start... That's not fair judgement, if that's your reasons for why you are here.
I have given my reasons several times. I am here to learn, to teach, to socialize, and to laugh and be entertained.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
I can only say if you are granted your study of Christians, then accept others too have that same freedom to test yourselves..., if they so feel to. And if there be misunderstanding of your terms, forgive more than you receive if you want better results...
It's hard to tell what you are referring to. Feel free to study the unbelievers, and learn from us if you can. You should.

As for Christians misunderstanding me, that is not an issue for me.

And regarding forgiving, it's not relevant here. I have offered my hand in peace to two Christians on this thread in the last several days, and both spat at it. Epi recently chastised me for asking for an apology. How would forgiving such behavior help anything? It is more appropriate to confront it.
This church is like an infection of the mind and spirit, with varying degrees of penetration, showcased for us here on Topix 24/7 for the price of an Internet connection. To me, that's something valuable, available nowhere else, and almost for free.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
In many ways the world's church is exactly that, and highly infectious. The toxic pus which oozes stems from the deceiving leaders who pocket their own glory. But many a folk's heart is not infected.
I agree.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
I am interested you use the word 'spirit'. I didn't know you even believed in this ?
I believe many things, and trust many as well. But I don't believe in anything, not in the sense you probably mean.

Also, I use the word spirit here to mean attitude, like team spirit, elevated spirits, or the spirit of the times (zeitgeist)- not to refer to ghosts or unseen worlds.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I presume that you are kidding. There is nothing abnormal about posting on Topix.
No, I'm not joking. But you're adding something I didn't claim, which is that posters here are abnormal. Perhaps I should clarify - posters here are not representative.

The frequent posters here are retired, students, disabled, or otherwise have a lot of time on their hands. Very few posters here have full time jobs and families.
Trifecta is one of the commonest types of Christian posting. There is nothing atypical about him, not his anger, nor his priorities, nor his threats of hell, nor his willingness to spin realities about fear and inferiority.
I really hope that's false. It's certainly true of Topix Christians, but I really, really hope it's false of non-topix Christians, the kind who are my neighbors in other nations. In this one, I know like 3 Christians and no one cares about what they think, so they don't talk about their religion at all.
Isn't it a confirmation bias of sorts to say that Christians couldn't be as bad as what we see here month after month, year after year, therefore these are not typical Christians?
My point is that Topix itself produces a confirmation bias for both atheists and Christians.
Why not?
What seems to be atypical are the other kind. I can count on one hand the number of Christians here that are exceptions.
Yes - here! Of course. Because normal Christians don't care about these time consuming, crazy, violent forums.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I do hope you time proves you true, that we survive it. In the last say 10 years I've heard more and more speak of "rights". In this nation we have them spelled out and its quite clear.(the bill of rights is a good start) We are now living in a time where some are more than willing to forgo the very things we say we want to have for different reasons. Some to feel more safe, some because they think it will lead to a better nation, some for p/c reasons (multiculturalism). Ask our friends in the United Kingdom how that's working out for them? Wish I had more time but get up early for work.
I think everyone should have the right to have plastic deer in their yards and pink flamingos. Sadly...some neighborhoods ban them.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think everyone should have the right to have plastic deer in their yards and pink flamingos. Sadly...some neighborhoods ban them.
YO Annie!!! its always a joy to see your most excellent posts...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you're that troll who's obsessed about fake psychological terms. Thanks for using your usual terminology. I'll ignore you now.
In just a few posts, you'll bring up pedophilia, b/c that's your main concern.
evolution is a whopper!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, Jesus denies He is God.
Thanks for that verse, Epi.
Father, Son, Holy Spirit, One God

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

God didn't create Jesus, Jesus is God!

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Red Apples wrote:
You would know all about trying to gather as many morons and lunatics as possible to agree with you now wouldn't you "purfesir"? Because that's exactly what you've been trying to do for the past 2 years with your over 40,000 posts, spewing the same old garbage over and over and over again, posting in here almost 20 hours a day. What a sad and pitiful life you have. No wonder your own daughter wants nothing to do with you. She clearly got her smarts from her mother.
You make another excellent ambassador for your church. You, Trifecta and Dr. Shrink spew venom with almost every post. Your religion is failing you.

To you other Christians: Where is the peace that passeth all understanding and the fruits of the spirit that your bible promises to those with faith? These three didn't get it, and they are clearly fervent believers. How do you account for that? That's evidence of something, but of what? Do you know? Do you care?

You believe that you will get heaven because you have faith in what a particular book tells you. Notice that faith is worse than believing without evidence. It is believing despite contradictory evidence.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
evolution is a whopper!
Have it your way.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Have it your way.
ok evolution is a lie

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not joking. But you're adding something I didn't claim, which is that posters here are abnormal. Perhaps I should clarify - posters here are not representative.
The frequent posters here are retired, students, disabled, or otherwise have a lot of time on their hands. Very few posters here have full time jobs and families.
<quoted text>
I really hope that's false. It's certainly true of Topix Christians, but I really, really hope it's false of non-topix Christians, the kind who are my neighbors in other nations. In this one, I know like 3 Christians and no one cares about what they think, so they don't talk about their religion at all.
<quoted text>
My point is that Topix itself produces a confirmation bias for both atheists and Christians.
<quoted text>
Yes - here! Of course. Because normal Christians don't care about these time consuming, crazy, violent forums.
I think you're mostly right. I don't agree with you much, but I give you credit when due.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 537,401 - 537,420 of598,744
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

369 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min River Tam 716,442
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Aura Mytha 223,174
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 17 min Black Power 154
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... 25 min viky 59
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 52 min bmz 36,393
Penis Size 54 min The Rogue 2
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr petesake 114,618
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Gabric 62
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 529,972