|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

JuicyLullz wrote:
Brainwashing by using lies, fear and emotional as well as psychological manipulation are religion's stock and trade, I've seen it, they have books on how to con people. Also tactics used in abusive relationships.
Church - give money or you will burn in hell = filthy rich church
Abusive husband - you can't study or get a job or have friends because you are worthless but ill drink myself stupid and fcuck as many women as I want and I don't care how you feel about it.
Church - til death do you part no matter what the bastard does to you or you will go to hell = millions of depressed women who only don't kill themselves because the church said not to, of course they did, they need the money = Christian family thinks you're the devil and tries to steal your kids, whom they abuse.
See where I'm going with this? Wake up!
It sounds like you've had it rough. Hope talking about it on here helps.
RogerThat

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

1 obvious solution to USA's RACISM ....

http://youtu.be/1tFxM_Vsg5g

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Ahem.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/for-gods-...
I noticed that atheist groups across America have also been seeking tax exempt status...just like other religious groups.
A Golf Course can get tax exempt status in the USA.

Your point ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot somebody.
And, btw, there are plenty of atheists who find the gay lifestyle repugnant.
But they aren't actively harassing them.

There is a big difference between someone who doesn't like Judaism and a Nazi.

You are like a Nazi.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There is NO gay gene.
Prove it.

Your God Gene is a deleterious mutation.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Brainwashing,....
AKA Religion.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
See writer, Christians [know] why you are here. You say you use to be a Christian, you left Christianity, why not move on? I will tell you why. Gross Inferiority and Colossal Fear.
Mark wrote:
So you [Trifecta] are saying: People questioning this God are fearful of him. People that dare not question this God are not afraid of him?
He certainly is saying that.

He's also saying that people that give up Christianity feel that it is superior.

Obviously, the truth is the opposite: people give up Christianity because they don't believe the threats of hell, let alone fear them, and they consider living under Christianity inferior to living without it.

Trifecta is insecure in his his choice, and needs to spin a reality that reassures him that he hasn't made a mistake. And it galls him to see us living our lives free of the psychological terrorism of hell theology that keeps him bound to the church. It comes out in every other post when he warns others about the wrath of the Scary Chicken:

ďIt must be quite galling for religious people to see atheists like me going about their business without a shred of guilt or self-loathing, and not in the least inclined to pray or to do penance of any kind, and not in the slightest bit worried about any form of eternal punishment. I have to admit if I was religious I'd probably think to myself: "How come I've got all this weight on my shoulders while these bums are getting a free ride?" Ė Pat Condell

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's fascinating to observe.
Agreed.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Please remember to take your Haldol.
Portia the Rossi wrote:
<quoted text>We were having this discussion earlier. The term homophobia is a manufactured bastardized word designed to create imaginary shame. There is no such thing as homophobia, except as a part of the gays gender identity disorder and ego-dystonic homosexuality. Imagine that, a dog being forced to believe it is a dog and must assume the role of a dog.
Can you identify which is made-up and which is not? Homosapien, homo erectus, homophobia and homosexual? Using the etiology of the word homo we discover that there is no scientific basis for either the words homophobia or homosexual. I do not accept or condone rapist, but I have never been called a rapophobic. Being a female, I am certainly likely to be in a larger group of people who fear rapists than there are people who fear gays.
Are a lot of you Christianphobes? Your actions would demonstrate that you fear Christians.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
...Trust in God, and trust also in me.
John 14:1
Once again, Jesus denies He is God.

Thanks for that verse, Epi.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
Stalking is hiding in someones yard wearing night vision goggles after going through their bins. Viewing publicly accessible information on the internet is not stalking and never will be...except to a concern troll.
Lacez wrote:
Right you are. The reason it's called "public information" is because it's there for the public to see.
I likened it an amply endowed woman with a low cut blouse angrily chiding people for looking at her breasts.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
I really just can't believe Triecta is representative of normal Christianity. I honestly don't think anyone who would post here for months, myself included, is normal.
I presume that you are kidding. There is nothing abnormal about posting on Topix.

Trifecta is one of the commonest types of Christian posting. There is nothing atypical about him, not his anger, nor his priorities, nor his threats of hell, nor his willingness to spin realities about fear and inferiority.

Isn't it a confirmation bias of sorts to say that Christians couldn't be as bad as what we see here month after month, year after year, therefore these are not typical Christians? Why not?

What seems to be atypical are the other kind. I can count on one hand the number of Christians here that are exceptions.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not wrong to describe it as an infection if you can demonstrate that Trifecta would otherwise be a healthy, moral person without the religion. I suppose that's possible - his discussions about his work are when he comes across as most normal.
Let me offer you the collection of Christians posting on this thread in contrast with the collection of humanists. Which group demonstrates more of the qualities that you would call moral? Which group is more socially conscious? Which group is better educated and more thoughtful? Is this a coincidence?

Yes, correlation is not causation. Perhaps such people are drawn to Christianity. Probably. The ones drawn to it from death row and skid row are.

But most of these people were born into Christianity, not drawn to it. In that case, you could argue that more intelligent people and people of higher character are more likely to leave it.

Could religious upbringing be a causative factor? I have been arguing that it is. Christian morals allow people to be as unethical as they choose and obtain forgiveness on demand. It teaches that morality is anything that the god says it is. It teaches them to marginalize and scapegoat various groups. It teaches love in terms of crucifixion and being spared eternal torture. It teaches separation from family, from the family of man, and from this earth.

How could that not be a causative factor?

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you've had it rough. Hope talking about it on here helps.
I'm good. Not me that needs help. I just prefer to use personal 1st hand experience in examples. If my past pain can help just one person, it makes it all the more worth having gone through it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
True but lies and threats of hell and damnation are always ugly.
You're so right though, to think I could've lost the love of my life, the most beautiful soul I've ever known to jealousy and trickery. Good thing I know how to think and feel aye.
Much luve to you lil
Watch my wording with this statement, which is a opinion, I never found proof that the spirit has lied about hell or damnation.

Now to the rest of your post another opinion the emotion of jealousy can be vile but only if you allow it, control it not it control you. As for trickery tis only a vice used when all else fails sometimes at the risk of self respect.As humans no one is ever promised a rose garden but rose gardens can be built in life thru love,patients,understanding,co mpassion,peace,hope,yep gal even in sex.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

John Oliver...."On Her Royal Highness Secret Cervix"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/23/john...

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
Well Christianity is adding 20 plus million "freaks" per year.
Thanks.

Most of that is in Africa and Asia. How fast is it growing in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the US?
trifecta1 wrote:
The Pope just spent 150 million travelling to Brazil
You must be so proud.
trifecta1 wrote:
I say Jesus Christ or Yeshua the Christ. I say God or YHWH Almighty. That what I say. And what I say, is all that is important.
How wonderful that there are 20 million more people just like you.
trifecta1 wrote:
what you believe about justice won't help me.
And of course, that's all that matters to you.
trifecta1 wrote:
YHWH's laws is the only thing that is important.
That's what I thought.

Hiding thinks you're atypical. I say otherwise.
trifecta1 wrote:
God does not care.
It's remarkable how your god reflects you, and how easily you speak for it.
trifecta1 wrote:
God word does not change.
Do you know what the word "new" means in the phrase "New Testament"?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

^^^Sorry....the link doesn't work here in Topix^^^

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
Side note. On another thread, Clearwater said he was done posting here because of the nasty atheists. Yet he lurks.
Why would somebody need to hide from "nastiness"? The nasty Christians are among the things that make this thread so useful and instructive.

"Well, Iíve been hearing quite a lot of bitching and whining in the press lately about aggressive, intolerant, atheism; as if thatís, somehow, a bad thing. It seems religion can dish it out okay but it canít take it: like a street thug who calls the police when his victims fight back." - Pat Condell.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
I learn from most of the Christians. There is no better place to see the damage the church inflicts on the individual man or woman on the street than right here. As we've noted, these types of extensive interviews with no holds barred are impossible in meat space.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Even I, the least of Christians, learn a lot from all of you... From all the terms you call yourselves - eg secular humans - to anything else added to the word-books of your English reasons for not believing the same.
That is to your credit. Many of your fellow Christians have fled in search of unicorns and rainbows.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
in my Island home. They have an an amazing ability to live with an open mind and heart to all things possible without finding the need to analyse. It allows for progress without limitations.
I don't think you'll make much progress without analysis.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 537,381 - 537,400 of599,040
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

590 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min Stilgar Fifrawi 172,215
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 532,336
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Buck Crick 224,012
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 16 min True Heroes 114,955
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min WasteWater 256,370
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 36 min pusherman_ 720,009
Tony Dungy was right 1 hr dirty white boy- 19
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Perera 4,474
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••