“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#561469 Jul 23, 2013
Please remember to take your Haldol.
Portia the Rossi wrote:
<quoted text>We were having this discussion earlier. The term homophobia is a manufactured bastardized word designed to create imaginary shame. There is no such thing as homophobia, except as a part of the gays gender identity disorder and ego-dystonic homosexuality. Imagine that, a dog being forced to believe it is a dog and must assume the role of a dog.
Can you identify which is made-up and which is not? Homosapien, homo erectus, homophobia and homosexual? Using the etiology of the word homo we discover that there is no scientific basis for either the words homophobia or homosexual. I do not accept or condone rapist, but I have never been called a rapophobic. Being a female, I am certainly likely to be in a larger group of people who fear rapists than there are people who fear gays.
Are a lot of you Christianphobes? Your actions would demonstrate that you fear Christians.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#561470 Jul 23, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
...Trust in God, and trust also in me.
John 14:1
Once again, Jesus denies He is God.

Thanks for that verse, Epi.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#561471 Jul 23, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
Stalking is hiding in someones yard wearing night vision goggles after going through their bins. Viewing publicly accessible information on the internet is not stalking and never will be...except to a concern troll.
Lacez wrote:
Right you are. The reason it's called "public information" is because it's there for the public to see.
I likened it an amply endowed woman with a low cut blouse angrily chiding people for looking at her breasts.

Fennario

#561472 Jul 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I really just can't believe Triecta is representative of normal Christianity. I honestly don't think anyone who would post here for months, myself included, is normal.
I presume that you are kidding. There is nothing abnormal about posting on Topix.

Trifecta is one of the commonest types of Christian posting. There is nothing atypical about him, not his anger, nor his priorities, nor his threats of hell, nor his willingness to spin realities about fear and inferiority.

Isn't it a confirmation bias of sorts to say that Christians couldn't be as bad as what we see here month after month, year after year, therefore these are not typical Christians? Why not?

What seems to be atypical are the other kind. I can count on one hand the number of Christians here that are exceptions.

Fennario

#561474 Jul 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not wrong to describe it as an infection if you can demonstrate that Trifecta would otherwise be a healthy, moral person without the religion. I suppose that's possible - his discussions about his work are when he comes across as most normal.
Let me offer you the collection of Christians posting on this thread in contrast with the collection of humanists. Which group demonstrates more of the qualities that you would call moral? Which group is more socially conscious? Which group is better educated and more thoughtful? Is this a coincidence?

Yes, correlation is not causation. Perhaps such people are drawn to Christianity. Probably. The ones drawn to it from death row and skid row are.

But most of these people were born into Christianity, not drawn to it. In that case, you could argue that more intelligent people and people of higher character are more likely to leave it.

Could religious upbringing be a causative factor? I have been arguing that it is. Christian morals allow people to be as unethical as they choose and obtain forgiveness on demand. It teaches that morality is anything that the god says it is. It teaches them to marginalize and scapegoat various groups. It teaches love in terms of crucifixion and being spared eternal torture. It teaches separation from family, from the family of man, and from this earth.

How could that not be a causative factor?

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#561475 Jul 23, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you've had it rough. Hope talking about it on here helps.
I'm good. Not me that needs help. I just prefer to use personal 1st hand experience in examples. If my past pain can help just one person, it makes it all the more worth having gone through it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#561476 Jul 23, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
True but lies and threats of hell and damnation are always ugly.
You're so right though, to think I could've lost the love of my life, the most beautiful soul I've ever known to jealousy and trickery. Good thing I know how to think and feel aye.
Much luve to you lil
Watch my wording with this statement, which is a opinion, I never found proof that the spirit has lied about hell or damnation.

Now to the rest of your post another opinion the emotion of jealousy can be vile but only if you allow it, control it not it control you. As for trickery tis only a vice used when all else fails sometimes at the risk of self respect.As humans no one is ever promised a rose garden but rose gardens can be built in life thru love,patients,understanding,co mpassion,peace,hope,yep gal even in sex.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#561477 Jul 23, 2013
John Oliver...."On Her Royal Highness Secret Cervix"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/23/john...

Fennario

#561478 Jul 23, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Well Christianity is adding 20 plus million "freaks" per year.
Thanks.

Most of that is in Africa and Asia. How fast is it growing in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the US?
trifecta1 wrote:
The Pope just spent 150 million travelling to Brazil
You must be so proud.
trifecta1 wrote:
I say Jesus Christ or Yeshua the Christ. I say God or YHWH Almighty. That what I say. And what I say, is all that is important.
How wonderful that there are 20 million more people just like you.
trifecta1 wrote:
what you believe about justice won't help me.
And of course, that's all that matters to you.
trifecta1 wrote:
YHWH's laws is the only thing that is important.
That's what I thought.

Hiding thinks you're atypical. I say otherwise.
trifecta1 wrote:
God does not care.
It's remarkable how your god reflects you, and how easily you speak for it.
trifecta1 wrote:
God word does not change.
Do you know what the word "new" means in the phrase "New Testament"?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#561479 Jul 23, 2013
^^^Sorry....the link doesn't work here in Topix^^^

Fennario

#561480 Jul 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Side note. On another thread, Clearwater said he was done posting here because of the nasty atheists. Yet he lurks.
Why would somebody need to hide from "nastiness"? The nasty Christians are among the things that make this thread so useful and instructive.

"Well, Iíve been hearing quite a lot of bitching and whining in the press lately about aggressive, intolerant, atheism; as if thatís, somehow, a bad thing. It seems religion can dish it out okay but it canít take it: like a street thug who calls the police when his victims fight back." - Pat Condell.

Fennario

#561481 Jul 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I learn from most of the Christians. There is no better place to see the damage the church inflicts on the individual man or woman on the street than right here. As we've noted, these types of extensive interviews with no holds barred are impossible in meat space.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Even I, the least of Christians, learn a lot from all of you... From all the terms you call yourselves - eg secular humans - to anything else added to the word-books of your English reasons for not believing the same.
That is to your credit. Many of your fellow Christians have fled in search of unicorns and rainbows.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
in my Island home. They have an an amazing ability to live with an open mind and heart to all things possible without finding the need to analyse. It allows for progress without limitations.
I don't think you'll make much progress without analysis.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#561482 Jul 23, 2013
Portia the Rossi wrote:
<quoted text>Pray tell, when should homosexuals be brought up? When it is a homosexual bringing it up or when homosexuals are soliciting votes? This this thread is called "Should Jesus Love Me", so should we accept that you believe that Jesus exists or are you strangely bringing him up?
Yeah, that's my point. Dr. Shrink brings up homosexuals at every turn and I can't figure out why.

Are you suggesting he's a homosexual and trying to solicit votes?

Oh, for me, I don't believe that Jesus exists. If he existed, as a man, he's long dead. So Jesus can't love you.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#561483 Jul 23, 2013
Portia the Rossi wrote:
<quoted text>Funny you should admit this because Scientologist are just atheist who admit that they follow a religion and practice it.
That's too simple. Quite clearly they have religious beliefs and try to follow them - they just don't share your religious beliefs. Personally, I find their beliefs more distasteful than yours, but equally fictitious.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#561484 Jul 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw! Is you the victim because of yer inhibitions?
There's times one has to face actuality.
were the jews victims because of their german inhibitions and did they deserve their fate, heir BT?

yeah....you're a politically correct sell-out, chameleon who will persecute whatever demogracphic the collective deems is not a conformist. what an ass-kisser!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#561485 Jul 23, 2013
Portia the Rossi wrote:
<quoted text>We were having this discussion earlier. The term homophobia is a manufactured bastardized word designed to create imaginary shame. There is no such thing as homophobia, except as a part of the gays gender identity disorder and ego-dystonic homosexuality. Imagine that, a dog being forced to believe it is a dog and must assume the role of a dog.
Can you identify which is made-up and which is not? Homosapien, homo erectus, homophobia and homosexual? Using the etiology of the word homo we discover that there is no scientific basis for either the words homophobia or homosexual. I do not accept or condone rapist, but I have never been called a rapophobic. Being a female, I am certainly likely to be in a larger group of people who fear rapists than there are people who fear gays.
Are a lot of you Christianphobes? Your actions would demonstrate that you fear Christians.
Ah, you're that troll who's obsessed about fake psychological terms. Thanks for using your usual terminology. I'll ignore you now.

In just a few posts, you'll bring up pedophilia, b/c that's your main concern.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#561486 Jul 23, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
HFY is a smart, educated poster.
You would do well to learn from her.
Thanks young Chess Jurist!:)

Nano hates me, mostly b/c I'm a girl, but also b/c I wouldn't be her Junior high school gossip buddy. Her envy gives me great pleasure.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#561487 Jul 23, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't have any anagrams for RR.
Really Realistic.

Really Retarded.

Rorschach Reality.

Running Randomly.

Rising Rapidly.

Rinse Rice.

Rotgut Rocks.

and so much more!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#561488 Jul 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not Christophobic but I do think Christianity (and some other religions) causes more harm than good.
Phobias are "irrational fears", IANS' and others' fears regarding Christianity are not irrational.
The ones who have irrational fears are the Christians and other religions who fear education, science and other religions.
let's look at what you're saying:

1st - "I do think Christianity causes more harm than good"

2nd - "Phobias are "irrational fears"..."

i suppose that you justify your christophobia as a 'rationale' fear?!

Fennario

#561489 Jul 23, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
You can't blame others who didn't have the same opportunities as I did to come to terms with Life from the start... That's not fair judgement, if that's your reasons for why you are here.
I have given my reasons several times. I am here to learn, to teach, to socialize, and to laugh and be entertained.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
I can only say if you are granted your study of Christians, then accept others too have that same freedom to test yourselves..., if they so feel to. And if there be misunderstanding of your terms, forgive more than you receive if you want better results...
It's hard to tell what you are referring to. Feel free to study the unbelievers, and learn from us if you can. You should.

As for Christians misunderstanding me, that is not an issue for me.

And regarding forgiving, it's not relevant here. I have offered my hand in peace to two Christians on this thread in the last several days, and both spat at it. Epi recently chastised me for asking for an apology. How would forgiving such behavior help anything? It is more appropriate to confront it.
This church is like an infection of the mind and spirit, with varying degrees of penetration, showcased for us here on Topix 24/7 for the price of an Internet connection. To me, that's something valuable, available nowhere else, and almost for free.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
In many ways the world's church is exactly that, and highly infectious. The toxic pus which oozes stems from the deceiving leaders who pocket their own glory. But many a folk's heart is not infected.
I agree.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
I am interested you use the word 'spirit'. I didn't know you even believed in this ?
I believe many things, and trust many as well. But I don't believe in anything, not in the sense you probably mean.

Also, I use the word spirit here to mean attitude, like team spirit, elevated spirits, or the spirit of the times (zeitgeist)- not to refer to ghosts or unseen worlds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Michael 554,992
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min YellowPissreality 263,563
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min dirty white boy- 765,021
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 22 min Ratloder 119,269
Abu dhabi massage for men 0555079516 Alisa 25 min alisa 1
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 50 min Hatti_Hollerand 68
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 53 min truth 932
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr truth 5,436

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE