Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't your brother be burning in the lake of fire while you worship the being who put him there?
Weird, definitely very very weird.
Bible God is a putz.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
Stalking is hiding in someones yard wearing night vision goggles after going through their bins. Viewing publicly accessible information on the internet is not stalking and never will be...except to a concern troll.
Thanks for that.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
If it matters, I understand what you're saying, RR.
Lol, I don't know if it does matter anymore.

I just know that homophobia is stupid, irrational and unnecessary.

But trying to genetically or medicinally remove it is equally as absurd.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That gets the hive buzzing. It was put up as a roadside billboard in Idaho:
"At some point, you figure the “controversy” would just subside, but it hasn’t abated yet. In fact, the protests and complaints (which are really over nothing) never seem to stop. So the billboards will keep coming."
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
The point is that Christians do not tolerate even benign comments from unbelievers gracefully. The rules are to never question god belief publicly, which is perceived as an attack on Christianity, or be attacked.
Oh, stop it. Atheists and humanists have their anti-Christian billboards, too.

Let freedom reign!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
re: homophobia, treatment options
<quoted text>
RR, you are the funniest person alive.
Everyone: let's get him some remedial philosophy classes! Chip in, for RR!
Blow me.

>:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, honesty!
You're rubbing me off.

Oops!

I mean rubbing off on me.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Or read about Mithra or Horus. They're all the same story.
The US Supreme Court classifies them as the same thing.
Since some wish to us the US Supreme Court as an ultimate authority,
They must acknowledge that SCOTUS says that there is no difference between Christianity and Satanism.

I am surprised how many apologists cut their own heads off with their own swords. Sadly, the ignorant masses just ignore reality and cheer them on.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>...
You say you use to be a Christian, you left Christianity, why not move on?....
Probably for the same reason anyone who has been victimized wants to see the perpetrator brought to justice.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
I feel sorry for Serah. Deeply.
She is a tragic figure.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
(genetics doesn't produce homophobia)
(then it doesn't produce sexuality, either)

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

I don't know why anybody outside of the hive has anything positive to say about Skombolis, since his behavior has been beneath contemptible on a number of fronts, including with you, but that's their business.
Le_le wrote:
I can't even figure out the support he gets from the people I consider good "Christians"..
That part I understand, although your definition of good Christians and mine may be different.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What image do you think that you are projecting here? Let me help you see it:
You are livid with rage at me for my comments about your church, which you seem to feel you need to retaliate for, as you were personally attacked.
You are supposed to be loving about it, and are not free to express your rage honestly. But you can't, so you try to fool your god with passive aggressive crap like the above in the hope that I will notice your stinger, but that your god won't, or that even if he does, your salvation is not at risk because you assume that you will get forgiveness on demand. If you didn't feel that you free to forgive yourself, or that you could compel your god to forgive you, you would never risk so much for so little.
How do I know? Come here for a hug and a question:
Why do you believe that you will get heaven if you didn't get the promised peace that passeth all understanding?
Livid with rage???? No.....Sorry....Not my personality. You are just a man who lives in Mexico and posts on a Topix thread...What you say Ians....Doesn't bother me at all....You don't change my mind on any issue. What I see is a mean spirited man who loves to lash out to others who "DARE" to believe differently than you....You want...people to ask for forgiveness from you...then you MIGHT throw some bones to them.

Oh Please Sir......May I have another?

You DO remind me of SAUL though....

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
You actually come on the billboard to convince Christians...that they wrong? ROFL! iyai! lol.

I seldom agree with you, but I have to ululate "iyai!" to that one myself. What a waste of time.
trifecta1 wrote:
What you would "rather" is totally irrelevant to me.
That's what makes trying to reason with faith based thinkers a waste of time. There is no hope of reaching you without your cooperation.

Besides, all we have to offer is evidence and cogent argument. So why bother, right? You're a faith based thinker.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably for the same reason anyone who has been victimized wants to see the perpetrator brought to justice.
and you think that Christianity can be bought to justice on this billboard eh professor memorex?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Good answer, fits in with a non-arrogant understanding of your religion. Kind of odd from an outsiders' point of view.
That's like a Buddhist writing "I don't know what name Buddha gave Chokosan in the afterlife. How could I know such a thing?"
In what way could I possibly know if the men that executed Jesus went to heaven or not?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What image do you think that you are projecting here? Let me help you see it:
You are livid with rage at me for my comments about your church, which you seem to feel you need to retaliate for, as you were personally attacked.
You are supposed to be loving about it, and are not free to express your rage honestly. But you can't, so you try to fool your god with passive aggressive crap like the above in the hope that I will notice your stinger, but that your god won't, or that even if he does, your salvation is not at risk because you assume that you will get forgiveness on demand. If you didn't feel that you free to forgive yourself, or that you could compel your god to forgive you, you would never risk so much for so little.
How do I know? Come here for a hug and a question:
Why do you believe that you will get heaven if you didn't get the promised peace that passeth all understanding?
Battered spouse syndrome.

"But he really loves me!"

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>??you got all that from the Christian calling you a sweet man...LOL.
Christians here not raging or angry at you for what you say about the church writer, that is you using your imagination projections and delusions to feed your pre-exisitng notion that the Christians here are somehow angry at you or annoyed at you for what you say about the Church lol.
You're an insignificant little hombre that is as much a threat as a fly on a horse's azz. Christians here are either laughing at you or shrugging at you---put your guns down Yosemite Sam LOL
LOL......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Not really.
Of two definitions, the latter distinction is the more meaningful one. Everything is natural by the former definition - which Tide mentioned, and which you have glommed onto like a coyote with a pork chop - because nothing is supernatural. That distinction renders that definition useful only in theological and metaphysical discussions. This is not one of those, right? We're not discussing unseen realities when discussing homophobia, correct?
This is a discussion of daily life, of human culture, and of evolving moral standards. This is a discussion of how perceive and treat gay people. For that discussion, we need to understand the origin and basis of that hatred. The implications of it being biologically hard-wired are different from those of discovering that homophobia is a cultural adaptation. Right?
If you can understand that we are interested only in the distinction between whether homophobia is man made or biological, and not at all in whether it relates to unseen realities outside of our universe, then you will understand why we reject one of the definitions - the one you like best.
By the useful definition of natural, I do not accept your claim that homophobia is natural. It may be man made.
Incidentally, this is another great example of an equivocation error - giving two definitions to one word and flip-flopping between them. It has recently been done with two definitions of "natural" and with two definitions of "religion." Equivocation is an easy trap to set and to fall into.
Equivocation is logically classified among fallacies of ambiguity. Ambiguity serves those with an agenda that cannot be supported by reason and evidence. It opposite, clarity of thought, serves the opposite. Pick one. It may be one of the most important ethical decisions you ever make/made.
I don't understand what you're asking me to pick.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Thanks for that.
"I stuck my powerword and all my docs on the site they call facefv(K and then I told everyone where they are ......and someone I didn't like looked at them and they told me they had looked!!!!.

...*thinks* wait a cotton pickin' minute, there's attention a'plenty to be had if I whine hard enough....

Help meeeee I'm being STALKED!"

I mean holy crap it's not like someone carried out a global histogramatic search on her picture, found all of her social media, generated a social tree of all of her closest friends, grouped them according to frequency and length of post, then ingratiated them so as to become their friend thereby becoming her friend, then did a credit check on her, then after having all of her financial and personal info is now watching her on the live feed from the traffic camera on the corner.....*and breathe*

What I'd like to know is how come she thinks she's actually interesting enough to qualify for that level of attention. LMAO

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In what way could I possibly know if the men that executed Jesus went to heaven or not?
Well done...

now apply that logic to the rest of your fables.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

676 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Charlie Sheen 256,887
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min godCHILD 115,555
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min waaasssuuup 533,357
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 14 min UidiotRaceMakeWorldPEace 246
Of course Obama is sending illegal aliens here. 14 min CSU63 24
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 15 min Neelakaran 4,895
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min feces for jesus 721,981
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE 172,528
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••