Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#561109 Jul 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Well of course human men wrote the bible.
But if you don't believe God is strong enough to inspire the human spirit
Look at you. Why would I believe that your god had any power to do anything with its followers?

Show me the Christians on this thread that were made better by you god, and explain why so many were not.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#561110 Jul 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I learn from most of the Christians. There is no better place to see the damage the church inflicts on the individual man or woman on the street than right here. As we've noted, these types of extensive interviews with no holds barred are impossible in meat space.
With how many people could you hold conversations like these for months without repercussions at work, in the family, or without fear of reprisal? I never had one. I tried it with two Christians in the last ten years, and in both cases, it lasted less than one conversation,and ended up with a rift that ended the relationship with hard feelings.
As a result, I've learned a lot about what the church does to the culture one Christian at a time, and apparently, so have you. We have seen the spectrum of people that call themselves Christian, and those that are just like them that don't.
We have seen a few that are barely influenced by their churches and have liked them, whereas the most zealous are the most sickening. There is a clear correlation between the degree of influence a person allows the church to hold over them, and what kind of a person the church makes out of them.
Trifecta is a great specimen to study. His inadvertent admissions are part of what I am here for - what Topix offers to skeptics. You probably remember me calling this unbelievers school, where people like us teach and learn form one another in what could be called the lecture section, and where we learn from the Christians in what could be called the lab section, where we observe, tap the aquarium glass so to speak, and observe some more.
This church is like an infection of the mind and spirit, with varying degrees of penetration, showcased for us here on Topix 24/7 for the price of an Internet connection. To me, that's something valuable, available nowhere else, and almost for free.
I doubt after you're dead your soul will be so appreciative.

See writer, Christians [know] why you are here.

You say you use to be a Christian, you left Christianity, why not move on?

I will tell you why. Gross Inferiority and Colossal Fear.

Almost nothing you say against the Church matters, why? Because You must die.

So all this writing you write about "specimen to study" or the church is an "infection" or the Church effect on "culture"---you know none of that don't matter one crap if the Christians right and you face YHWH in rejection of his Son Jesus Christ.

None of your thousands of writings bloviating or pontification or jawing your discussions or arguments will not matter one bit then.

And that is simply why you're here....FEAR. uh huh.

And the Christians here KNOW it Mr 'it aint necessarily so'

We know it.

You won't find Secular Humanists on the internet arguing against Islam in such forces as Secular Humanist argue against Christianity.

We know it. We know about your FEAR and your Inferiority Complex.

Christians know when it comes to our faith, the rubber meets the mat in >>Spirit<< after we die. So we not really concerned about your >>Fleshly<< criticisms of the Church

So it quite OBVIOUS to Christians that when you come here day after day after day arguing with us, we know exactly why...FEAR.

So. You can write your observations about Christians and the Church on this billboard to your fellow Humanists. Trying to put on a front, that Christians and the Church are so fascinating to you from an observational POV.

While the Christians and the Church Knows, none of what you write matters, because when it come time to take that last breath, all of your analysis or discussions or pontification or bloviating you won't be thinking about, but a terrorizing trembling fear as you feel death spreading over you scared to crap that Yeshua Christ is the only Begotten Son of YHWH Almighty.

We know that writer. The Christians here know that. And this goes for your other humanist friends as well.

Who do you think you are kidding Doctor?

~~grin~~

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#561111 Jul 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Or read about Mithra or Horus. They're all the same story.
The US Supreme Court classifies them as the same thing.
I could not care less what you read.

Fennario

#561112 Jul 22, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
Atheists don't believe God is anything. You describe a god that's about as strong as Patrick Swayze.(Don't worry if you don't get that, it's not for you)
Hey! Nobody puts Baby Jesus in a corner!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#561113 Jul 22, 2013
<quoted text>
That would be another way that your values differ from humanist values.
<quoted text>
And that would be yet another.
You are religious. I am an atheist.
You are a Christian. I am a humanist.
Your thinking is faith based. Mine is evidence based.
We are as different as possible. You keep trying to muddy the distinction, and I keep emphasizing it. I think that indicates that we both know which is superior - the one that benefits by emphasizing the differences - and which is inferior - the one that benefits by muddying them.
Here comes some mud:
<quoted text>
Once again:
“I always flinch in embarrassment for the believer who trots out,“Atheism is just another kind of faith,” because it’s a tacit admission that taking claims on faith is a silly thing to do. When you’ve succumbed to arguing that the opposition is just as misguided as you are, it’s time to take a step back and rethink your attitudes.”- Amanda Marcotte
You not really saying nothing here, except to address this one point..

You're Inferior because you keep coming here to argue with Christians.

Christians know they have the Superior belief system, so we don't have to run after you trying to argue.

Test the theory, get lost and see if any Christian on this billboard chase after you LOL. Then you will know your philosophy is Inferior.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#561114 Jul 22, 2013
Don't believe it then
[QUOTE who="It aint necessarily so"]<quoted text>
Look at you. Why would I believe that your god had any power to do anything with its followers?
Show me the Christians on this thread that were made better by you god, and explain why so many were not.
No. lol. Frankly I don't care.

Fennario

#561115 Jul 22, 2013
River Tam wrote:
You guys are going to force me to show the "Head Explosion" video, aren't you?
The one from Hellraiser?

Fennario

#561116 Jul 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I've seen some people claim RiversideRedneck could be Buck Crick. There is no way Buck would try to introduce an argument like the one above.
Their personalities are too different for me to believe that they could be the same person. Riverside Redneck has a spark of humanity and connectivity that Buck Crick lacks. Buck cannot connect with others. He is a loner with a proclivity for substance abuse, violence and many other bad choices that keep him at the bottom. Riverside Redneck is nothing like that.

Buck is much closer to Skombolis than he is to Riverside Redneck, but not enough for me to consider them the same person, either.

Fennario

#561117 Jul 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Your brother is gay? He probably would have had a much, much more positive outlook if his own family members didn't view him with religious disgust.
What a repulsive religion you adhere to, to so hurt a family member.
You are on a roll - good insights nicely articulated.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#561118 Jul 22, 2013
The Son of God Music Ministry

Remember what are Lord had said:

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. IF YOU BELONGED TO THE WORLD, IT WOULD LOVE YOU AS IT'S OWN. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

Remember what I told you:‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me.

If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin.

Whoever hates me hates my Father as well."

><> ><> ><>

Not everyone who says they have Christ in their hearts, have Christ in their hearts...

Love Quin

<>< <>< <>< <><

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#561119 Jul 22, 2013
"our"

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#561120 Jul 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that poster was a female.
upon what evidence ?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#561121 Jul 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
There has been too much sorrow surrounding homosexuality in my life to see that much happiness evolves from it, and taking medications only adds to the issue. Not judging anyone, but would feel better for my Brother if he had a family, instead of just being a lonely man, spending a great deal of time on his own.
Amazing differences between them; and I believe my Brother would also have had my Sister's stamina, except that it was stolen from him in his early years.
Serah...this post is written to you from my heart...I need to say this...I hope that you take it the way it is intended.

I truly believe that your brothers loneliness is not because he is gay. It is (IMO) because society has played a role. Society has told him that he is a vile, unworthy, filthy POS that will surely burn in hell. All of this because he wants to love someone of the same-sex. Society has robbed him from being with someone that would have changed his life...someone that could have changed loneliness to happiness.

I know a man that lost his battle to AIDS. The same disease that your brother is fighting. The difference between him and your brother...he had someone that he loved...that loved him in return...someone that he built a life with...that was by his side while AIDS deprived him of his stamina. They married during that brief time that same-sex marriage was legal in California.

Many diseases deprive someone of their stamina. My mother had rheumatoid arthritis that over the last 15 years of her life left her barely able to walk or do the things that she had done before it became so severe.

It is not my agenda to change anyone's mind on whether they agree with homosexuality or not. I only want society to let them have that chance at happiness...to not force them in to the life that your brother has experienced.

My heart goes out to him...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#561122 Jul 22, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
upon what evidence ?
I have to have evidence for my thoughts?

sigh

I suppose that I assumed that poster was female from the posts that I have read from this poster and what others had written.

Notice...I did not state as fact that poster was female...only that I "thought" so.

So...no evidence...only perception.

Fennario

#561123 Jul 22, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
I must say, this thread is a bit like a float in the Mardi Gras @ times.
That's an interesting simile. How do you mean?

Fennario

#561124 Jul 22, 2013
Yes, it takes two, and you have indicated that you won't be one of them. That's fine with me. I was just surprised that you said what might have been a kind thing to me, and was testing the water. So I tried to clarify whether you were interested in trying to get along better, and you were clear enough that you were not. I understand. I am dedicated to opposing your church, and you cannot be friendly with such a person.
Epiphany2 wrote:
What a sweet...sweet Man you are Ians....
>>>H_U_G_S<< <
What image do you think that you are projecting here? Let me help you see it:

You are livid with rage at me for my comments about your church, which you seem to feel you need to retaliate for, as you were personally attacked.

You are supposed to be loving about it, and are not free to express your rage honestly. But you can't, so you try to fool your god with passive aggressive crap like the above in the hope that I will notice your stinger, but that your god won't, or that even if he does, your salvation is not at risk because you assume that you will get forgiveness on demand. If you didn't feel that you free to forgive yourself, or that you could compel your god to forgive you, you would never risk so much for so little.

How do I know? Come here for a hug and a question:

Why do you believe that you will get heaven if you didn't get the promised peace that passeth all understanding?

Fennario

#561125 Jul 22, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
You are a clueless and griefing concern troll. "Wahhh don't mention my dead father, or my dead brother, or my single staight and childless uncle who all died in misery". "Treatment like bathing with 'your' father" did not specifically refer to YOUR father, it refers to a gay person being told to bathe with his father(or her mother) which was advocated as a way to "strengthen the sense of masculine or feminine identity and correct distorted styles of relating with members of the same and opposite gender" in their treatment of homosexuality. Even an idiot could ascertain that, you aren't even an idiot. If "bathing with serahs daddy" is a prescription for a straight life I'm sure he'd have been a busy man given how many christian parents would want their deviant offspring cured. You are one of the true flakes of the thread, congratulations.

Wow god really smiles on your lot doesn't he?
MisterCharrington wrote:
...sister hit by a car too?
Serah has truly been blessed by her god. I'm sure that you have just as much regret as I do that I didn't follow her path. She's so lucky.

"Lost dog. Three legged. Blind in right eye. Left ear missing. Broken tail. Recently castrated. Answers to 'Lucky' ".

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#561126 Jul 22, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What image do you think that you are projecting here? Let me help you see it:
You are livid with rage at me for my comments about your church, which you seem to feel you need to retaliate for, as you were personally attacked.
You are supposed to be loving about it, and are not free to express your rage honestly. But you can't, so you try to fool your god with passive aggressive crap like the above in the hope that I will notice your stinger, but that your god won't, or that even if he does, your salvation is not at risk because you assume that you will get forgiveness on demand. If you didn't feel that you free to forgive yourself, or that you could compel your god to forgive you, you would never risk so much for so little.
How do I know? Come here for a hug and a question:
Why do you believe that you will get heaven if you didn't get the promised peace that passeth all understanding?

Epiphany2 wrote:
What a sweet...sweet Man you are Ians....
>>>H_U_G_S<< <
??you got all that from the Christian calling you a sweet man...LOL.

Christians here not raging or angry at you for what you say about the church writer, that is you using your imagination projections and delusions to feed your pre-exisitng notion that the Christians here are somehow angry at you or annoyed at you for what you say about the Church lol.

You're an insignificant little hombre that is as much a threat as a fly on a horse's azz. Christians here are either laughing at you or shrugging at you---put your guns down Yosemite Sam LOL

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#561127 Jul 22, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I want to meet the great cow guru.
Bull!

LOL

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#561128 Jul 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't read it. believe your mythology text, fine by me.
That is what we have been telling you all along!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min nanoanomaly 104,728
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min guest 673,322
............"I never HAD any toys"....... 11 min Doctor REALITY 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 53 min nanoanomaly 981,316
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,814
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 2 hr andet1987 10
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 2 hr andet1987 66
More from around the web