Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that compared the two RR.
Here is the definition of phobia...
a persistent, irrational fear of a specific object, activity, or situation that leads to a compelling desire to avoid it.
You do realize that hatred and phobias are two different things though can and often share similar traits.
Yes people have the right to choose to hate.
People can choose not to be treated for smallpox...not a good thing however for society.
People can also choose to remain homophobic...also not a good thing or society.
RR...you made a statement...you compared homophobia to a disease...you treat on with a vaccine...why not the other?
BTW People are treated for their phobias...mega bucks are spent trying to cure them.
When I'm talking about homophobia, I'm not talking about gay bashing. I mean the fear, hate or dislike of homosexuality that many people, worldwide, have.

Hope that clears it up.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Christians' "turn in the barrel".
They are not happy about it.
I should've said recyclic. Someone gets it.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. while no woman on this thread seems to be homophobic, many of the Christian men are ..
.. what does that tell you? Does homosexuality challenge misogyny, sexism and gender roles ??..
There are plenty of homophobic women, maybe not on this thread but they're out there.

I think y'all are misinterpreting the use of the word homophobia, it's quite different than gay bashing or hatred.

Look at it this way; Does a person that is hydrophiboc hate wter or hate swimming? Neither, their fear it. They don't want to eradicate it, they just stay away from it.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and read...get it right and we might talk.
If all you want to do is change the meaning of my posts and make it sound as if I said something that I didn't...
then...
Have a good rest of the weekend.
Now *that's* a cute butt.
wow

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Nice thread

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You're incorrect about yourself. Allow me to correct you: It's because I attack your church. You have no problem with the humanists posting here that aren't as critical of your church as I am.
<quoted text>
Go take a Valium, and then rewrite this post. My secular humanism isn't your issue. It's my antiecclesiacticism. It makes you livid.
Why is admitting that a problem for you? Why do you think it's better to admit to attacking humanists for being humanists than to admit to defending Christianity?
Because Christianity does not need defending you wit.

Christianity is growing and is adding approximately 25 million new converts per yr. Christianity is healthy and thriving.
http://fastestgrowingreligion.com/numbers.htm...

Did you think Christianity needed you?? LOL..oy!lol.

So I don't need to defend Christianity from the likes of you, you're a joke. It's just your imaginations dreams and delusions why you think there is any threat to Christianity.

I go after all of you humanists. But out of all of them here, you're the most unintelligent, thus you're an easy target ~~grin~~

I could not care less what you say about Christianity the Church or Jesus Christ. It's your religious affiliation that motivates me in my attack on you. your religion is evil and it must be confronted without mercy. And as long as you're on this billboard, don't expect any less from me, "Dr".

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I guess that answered my question.
Let's not bother then, shall we - not if this is the best you are willing to do.
\

What about you?...It takes two you know

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't one in the Bible on the matter of nudity. There is one in current 'Christian' beliefs regarding it.
Note that in the Garden, it is A&E that ar upset with nudity, not God.
So many deep messages in Genesis that get overlooked.
I agree :)

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
This is only one definition of the word, usually given as the second or third meaning in dictionaries. The shore of a river and the place where you deposit money can both be called banks. That doesn't make them the same thing.
The number one definition - the one that applies to Christianity - usually includes words like supernatural, god or deity, and worship: "the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods"
http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/engl...
You are talking about two different things. Humanism is not a religion in the principal sense of the word, only in a metaphorical or second sense. It's closest to number 2 in this dictionary: "a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects"
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/religi...
A third sense of the word is even more metaphorical, and implies an intense devotion as football might be to a fanatical fan: "a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion"
http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/engl...
Humanism is no more like Christianity than it is like football, even though all three can be called religions using three different definitions of the word.
Beautifully put Doc, however, might it not be easier for folks to comprehend if one simply says;

Humanism = Caring about all people and stuff.

Just a thought.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
People die all the time protecting other people's children.
That is why I said unless my lifestyle changes!!

If a child is running across a road, I would automatically do my best to save the child, actually, anyone, not just a child, and the same if I was swimming or something similar.

People are being killed all the time ~ they publicly hang homosexuals in some countries today; I would not swap my life for theirs by flying over to their situation and offer myself as a deal. I know that for a fact because it is happening all the time and I haven't done it.

Neither have you and neither has most of the population of the world we live in. Even if people do die all the time protecting others children or parents, brothers or sisters. Totally different to offering oneself as a sacrifice though, by a long shot of the imagination.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ShrinkyDink. Say something nice.
Please.
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
nice words doesn't match with not always nice Truth
Ugly truth is that IANS is and his his clicque of immoral gays and lesbians are detestable full of s....atheistic viomits and disguist rejecting own Maker
f...them
if they spew at my Father, they spew at me too,
in return they receive fountain of cow urines, and few buckets of horse dung throw on their stupid head+ few Farts stinking like old cheesburgers mixed with not diagested Budweiser beer
Please say something nice. Like this:

Hello there, how are you doing?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Beautifully put Doc, however, might it not be easier for folks to comprehend if one simply says;
Humanism = Caring about all people and stuff.
Just a thought.
Or you can say;

Humanism: We're good without God.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
She's getting transgendered people mixed up with gay people.
I think lying about not posting to me anymore is the least of the problems she has.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... post559953
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean "treatment" like making you bathe with your father?
You're sick.
>
>>Serah<
Don't ever bring my Father into your low down postings, EVER again; please. He is dead and buried, but his Soul is linked to me and what I read, he knows. You cannot imagine how my heart felt reading your sick words.
>
> http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... post560095
> Lacez wrote:
You are horrible at reading plain English. I didn't mention your father at all.

----------

You clearly wrote "your father" in your first posting, and then you are saying you didn't mention "your father" at all. I think you are your own worst problem and that you love arguing with people thinking it gives you a status of satisfaction at being right.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. to me, it's toxic. Posters like d'Shrink or Adam aren't worth reading and they're on my ignore list along with a few others in this forum ..
.. we all handle things differently. Silence is a great tool. To me, slapping Serah on the skull isn't going to make her wake up. While I do not know her relationship with her brother, her sibling probably knows exactly how she feels and I will not shutdown our communication by hammering her. She 'got' the DNA error. Baby steps ..
:-)

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Because Christianity does not need defending you wit.
Christianity is growing and is adding approximately 25 million new converts per yr. Christianity is healthy and thriving.
http://fastestgrowingreligion.com/numbers.htm...
Did you think Christianity needed you?? LOL..oy!lol.
So I don't need to defend Christianity from the likes of you, you're a joke. It's just your imaginations dreams and delusions why you think there is any threat to Christianity.
I go after all of you humanists. But out of all of them here, you're the most unintelligent, thus you're an easy target ~~grin~~
I could not care less what you say about Christianity the Church or Jesus Christ. It's your religious affiliation that motivates me in my attack on you. your religion is evil and it must be confronted without mercy. And as long as you're on this billboard, don't expect any less from me, "Dr".
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>And as long as you're on this billboard, don't expect any less from me, "Dr".
Nobody expects any less from you.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
Have you made time to watch the Daily Show? Jon Oliver has been hosting all summer. He's sharp.
I saw him just once. I thought he was a permanent replacement. Just for the summer you say?
Astra

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Atheists are the worst killers humanity has ever come across.

"State atheism is the official promotion of atheism by a government, sometimes combined with active suppression of religious freedom and practice.

State atheism in Albania was taken to an extreme during the totalitarian regime installed after World War II, when religions, identified as imports foreign to Albanian culture, were banned altogether.[30] The Agrarian Reform Law of August 1945 nationalized most property of religious institutions, including the estates of monasteries, orders, and dioceses. Many clergy and believers were tried, tortured, and executed."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_atheism

www.atheisticviolence.wordpress.com

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There are plenty of homophobic women, maybe not on this thread but they're out there.
I think y'all are misinterpreting the use of the word homophobia, it's quite different than gay bashing or hatred.
Look at it this way; Does a person that is hydrophiboc hate wter or hate swimming? Neither, their fear it. They don't want to eradicate it, they just stay away from it.
I get what you're saying and I don't think it's even necessarily a phobia or something a non gay woman (insert acceptable pc term here) even wishes to stay away from. I'm of course, talking about personal experience. I personally don't care what anyone chooses to believe, faith wise, I only care when a person inflicts their choice unto me by telling me what my choice should be and in some cases even threatening me with hellfire and whatever else. Same goes for the gay issue, with me it's a non issue, I'll even fight for their rights as I believe in free will and equality and all areas, some of my best friends are gay in fact and they are some of the most beautifully kind hearted people I've ever encountered. The only thing I take issue with is someone telling me I must be a lesbian and must be with them, aggressively, by someone I mean woman, that I feel, is disrespect for another human, I don't mean joking around either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
if nobody knows how we are doing behind posts,
this word would be LIE and sticking nose in his private ugly worthless poor mexican life,or others?
please
also this word is not proper,
I never ask PLEASE
people who are abominable filthy atheistic scums and moraly dead?
rejecting own Maker is insult own creation and own life dependent for gods Air,food, sun,weather etc....all god gave us
and those stinks immoral scums steal life from God only to insult and spew at own MAKER
F....THEM+Farts huge like Skud missles at 1992 dessert Storm against S.Hussain
Sigh....

Hello, how are you?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
I should've said recyclic. Someone gets it.
<smile>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

750 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Dr_Zorderz 256,484
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Chess 532,712
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Aura Mytha 720,467
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min meman 115,062
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Aura Mytha 224,164
Why was the cities of sodom and gomorrah burnt ... 13 min andet1987 12
Perfect Body Balance! 16 min Dr_Eagle 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lost In Transition 172,364
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr bRB 74
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••