Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#560759 Jul 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Are you being nice to me, Epi, or sarcastic? I'll be glad to be your friend, but you know who I am and what I believe. Is that OK?
Epiphany2 wrote:
How nice can you be Ians? I haven't seen it much....
I guess that answered my question.

Let's not bother then, shall we - not if this is the best you are willing to do.
ol salt

Spring Hill, FL

#560760 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
They have been in my experience.
Your experience must be extremely limited.
<quoted text>
I call yours the bold conjecture.
Aren't you witty.
<quoted text>
You have no idea what information I have. You have asked me only one question on the subject (above) and didn't wait for the answer. That's some thinking you've got there.
You posted your info ...or exhibited the lack of; it was opinion and nothing more.
Let me guess: You're a Christian, you haven't liked my opinions of your church too well, you're a little agitated by that, and you've decided to sting me by impugning my professional training in retaliation.
Impugning your professional training ...lol! I've done no such a thing as I haven't seen you exhibit behavior that would lead me to believe you have any professional training.
How did I do?
You gotta be sh!tting me!

Fennario

#560761 Jul 21, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
nuts like IANS can not be your friends? it is like devil could be friend of Jesus
The fact that it teaches you to think like this makes your religion a legitimate target for unbelievers with a social conscience. We don't need to sit for this filth, nor should we.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#560762 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't really see these as problems needing solutions.
For example, if Serah wants to fly off the handle because her father was mentioned, or Rider want to throw a hissy because I speculated on a death being a suicide, who can stop them, and how does it detract from the thread? It's simply another sub-thread that one can engage or scroll past as the mood strikes.
Why do you think otherwise? Perhaps you feel that this stuff is harmful. I think that it is helpful. I didn't get too much lip for most of my working years - not from my wife, not from my colleagues nor other health care professionals, not from my patients, and not from my friends and acquaintances. This experience is newer.
And I'm learning to become progressively more indifferent to the sleaze, and reacting in ways more to my liking these days than even a few months ago. I credit the change to the practice I get dealing with it here. What Rider is doing now with "stalker" might not be any worse than what Skombolis did with "liar" a few months ago, but I found one over the top and needing a harsh slapdown, and the other not very annoying at all.
I don't see any hope of ever getting along with those willing to attack any critic of the church, so I am not disappointed when they swarm, nor do I seek solutions to that short of diminishing the church.
What do you think?
.. to me, it's toxic. Posters like d'Shrink or Adam aren't worth reading and they're on my ignore list along with a few others in this forum ..

.. we all handle things differently. Silence is a great tool. To me, slapping Serah on the skull isn't going to make her wake up. While I do not know her relationship with her brother, her sibling probably knows exactly how she feels and I will not shutdown our communication by hammering her. She 'got' the DNA error. Baby steps ..

Fennario

#560763 Jul 21, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Red Apples wrote:
Religion is an ideology in every sense of the word.
i·de·ol·o·gy
1.system of social beliefs: a closely organized system of beliefs, values, and ideas forming the basis of a social, economic, or political philosophy or program
2.meaningful belief system: a set of beliefs, values, and opinions that shapes the way a person or a group such as a social class thinks, acts, and understands the world
http://www.bing.com/search...
That's common knowledge. Did you have a point?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#560764 Jul 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be serious....
You'd advocate taking away a person's right to choose?
You are the one that compared the two RR.

Here is the definition of phobia...

a persistent, irrational fear of a specific object, activity, or situation that leads to a compelling desire to avoid it.

You do realize that hatred and phobias are two different things though can and often share similar traits.

Yes people have the right to choose to hate.

People can choose not to be treated for smallpox...not a good thing however for society.

People can also choose to remain homophobic...also not a good thing or society.

RR...you made a statement...you compared homophobia to a disease...you treat on with a vaccine...why not the other?

BTW People are treated for their phobias...mega bucks are spent trying to cure them.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#560765 Jul 21, 2013
Covert Stealth Ops wrote:
<quoted text>So, you are saying that all gays are homophobic and compared to a disease...okay..I think we can agree on that.
Do you think drugs will help gays? Maybe therapy, or electro-shock? We have basically eradicated smallpox in the US so maybe there is hope for the homosexual person also.
Go back and read...get it right and we might talk.

If all you want to do is change the meaning of my posts and make it sound as if I said something that I didn't...

then...

Have a good rest of the weekend.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#560766 Jul 21, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
it's called acquiescent suicide.
although...knowing that you're going to be raised from the dead to live in heaven where you will be worshipped for all eternity isnt much of a sacrifce..
I do not consider the Christian version of events to be a sacrifice at all.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#560767 Jul 21, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me what to do, fool.
When you can post something as cogent and concise, get back to me, eh?
GFY, again.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#560768 Jul 21, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
So...you are comparing homophobia to a disease...okay...I think we can agree on that.
Do you think drugs will help? Maybe through a vaccine?....
DNA manipulation seems to be the current fad. LOL
ol salt

Spring Hill, FL

#560769 Jul 21, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
So...you are comparing homophobia to a disease...okay...I think we can agree on that.
Do you think drugs will help? Maybe through a vaccine?
We have basically eradicated smallpox in the US so maybe there is hope for the homophobic person also.
That's rich, the mother of a Q claiming that straights are the ones with the problem.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#560770 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>Absolutely, it is great that you are only 1-3% of the population of the USA,and 1% of the world pop.....
And that is enough to scare the shit of you.

ROFLMAO

You're deity is a wuss.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#560771 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>So, you are saying that all gays are homophobic....
Do you love to put words in peoples mouths or are are you just a moron ?

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#560772 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I missed your posting.
Me too. It turns me on when HFY goes all biological :)

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#560773 Jul 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
GFY, again.
I'll take that for you can't, goofy.

With Established Harem

#560774 Jul 21, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>RR...you made a statement...you compared homophobia to a disease...you treat on with a vaccine...why not the other?
BTW People are treated for their phobias...mega bucks are spent trying to cure them.
.. while no woman on this thread seems to be homophobic, many of the Christian men are ..

.. what does that tell you? Does homosexuality challenge misogyny, sexism and gender roles ??..

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#560775 Jul 21, 2013
ol salt wrote:
<quoted text>
That's rich, the mother of a Q claiming that straights are the ones with the problem.
How did I claim anyone had a problem? RR made the comparison between smallpox and homophobia.

I have said nothing to you to warrant the words in your post. I have no need or desire to argue with you nor anyone else.

With Established Harem

#560776 Jul 21, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and read...get it right and we might talk.
If all you want to do is change the meaning of my posts and make it sound as if I said something that I didn't...
then...
Have a good rest of the weekend.
.. Covert Stealth Ops has been banned numerous times under different socks. It's best to ignore him or he'll continue posting the same lies about homosexuality, insist he's correct and proceed with character assassination ..

.. all his posts about homosexuality have been refuted numerous times but he'll continue on his merry way. He's a troll. Why stick your chin out ??..

“"None shall pass"”

There

#560777 Jul 21, 2013
Why would any on belong to a religion that requires constant lying to defend it ?

"Lies are prayers to Satan."

“"None shall pass"”

There

#560778 Jul 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Covert Stealth Ops has been banned numerous times under different socks. It's best to ignore him or he'll continue posting the same lies about homosexuality, insist he's correct and proceed with character assassination ..
.. all his posts about homosexuality have been refuted numerous times but he'll continue on his merry way. He's a troll. Why stick your chin out ??..
He is probably a closeted gay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 25 min lightbeamrider 3,949
The Future of Politics in America 27 min Johnny 190
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 30 min Ruby88 54,092
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min AussieBobby 284,527
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 36 min UIDIOTRACEMAkeWOR... 184,714
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min Devil number 666 665,277
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 57 min RiccardoFire 45,815
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 2 hr nanoanomaly 525
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Devil number 666 977,265
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 97
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 hr UIDIOTRACEMAWORLD... 88,044
More from around the web