Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#560566 Jul 21, 2013
Ol Salt wrote:
But make no mistake, female believers are not frigid or prudes.
They have been in my experience.
Ol Salt wrote:
Are you married to the only woman you've ever known sexually? There's nothing wrong with it if you are. But it certainly doesn't make you an expert on the sexual habits of church-going women or other women period. What you've posted is nothing more than bold conjecture.
I call yours the bold conjecture.
Ol Salt wrote:
You have no facts ...no basis at all to back up your assertion. That's some training you got there.
You have no idea what information I have. You have asked me only one question on the subject (above) and didn't wait for the answer. That's some thinking you've got there.

Let me guess: You're a Christian, you haven't liked my opinions of your church too well, you're a little agitated by that, and you've decided to sting me by impugning my professional training in retaliation.

How did I do?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#560567 Jul 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You have no idea what information I have. You have asked me only one question on the subject (above) and didn't wait for the answer. That's some thinking you've got there.
Let me guess: You're a Christian, you haven't liked my opinions of your church too well, you're a little agitated by that, and you've decided to sting me by impugning my professional training in retaliation.
How did I do?
Very well.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#560568 Jul 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
yes, IAN did indicate PA can be intelligent and funny at times and, he can. He can also be a complete jerk, depends on his mood ..
<quoted text>
.. to the best of my memory, your intent was clear. You did not approve of PA's constant derogatory spam but thought every now and then he wrote something intelligent and funny. And, I agree with your assessment 100%..
.. sometimes one word or sentence creates a knee-jerk reaction. In my recent debate with Simply Put, I had to delete his inflammatory statements from my brain before responding ..
.. this is an ongoing Topix problem. We need only witness Lacez's recent interaction with Serah where a sentence regarding fathers was taken out of context ..
.. is there any solution ??..
Good morning HL!

For the most part I think we all at times read in to someone's words what we want to find. We at times take things out of context because it fits our (for a lack of a better word) agenda.

I think we also base our interpretation of peoples words with the slant of how we feel about them. If we have already been engaged (past or present) with a poster we are much more likely to read a post as a negative view and see it as a personal attack. IMO

From past experience with Serah...

She is sensitive when it comes to conversations about fathers. The same thing happened between her and me...she took a statement that I made about fathers and turned it personal as if I too had made a direct statement about her and her father. It in no way was about her...I wasn't even exchanging posts with her at the time...but she was offended to the point of even saying that I must have had a horrible relationship with my own father.

I think it is normal for most people to over-react to subject matter that we have dealt with in our own lives. I have had to learn to be desensitized about a few things myself. Yet still...I find myself at times over-reacting.

Hope this made sense...it is early here...I need more coffee.

Fennario

#560569 Jul 21, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Good post.
Thanks
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Except for the "God changing" part.
God does not change. "I the LORD do not change" Malachi 3:6
Then why pray for something to happen or to not happen? Aren't you asking you god to reconsider - to change his mind?

Don't you personally believe that your god changed his mind about following the Old Law?

Whatever position one takes take, he can generally find a scripture that supports it, and another that supports its opposite, which is why that same book is cited as the source of the doctrine by Christian denominations some of which seem to have almost no beliefs in common.

For example, in contrast to you scripture from Malachi is one from Exodus 32:14 the says "the LORD relented." You get to take your pick which theology you would like to embrace, and ignore contradictory scriptures. Who can stop you?

If somebody tries, tell them that they don't understand the scripture. In this case, the usual way of doing that is by invoking anthropopathism, a fancy word for claiming that one is projecting one's puny human mind onto the unfathomable mind of the god, meaning that he should disregard the apparent meaning of the scripture form Exodus. Of course, one could just as easily do the opposite with the scripture from Malachi if he preferred to argue that the god changes.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#560570 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know. It's called freedom of expression.
<quoted text>
Yeah you are. You people are swarming like agitated wasps in defense of your church.
<quoted text>
Good argument.
What are you objecting to now, and why? You contradict me or criticize me in every post you write to me. Why if not because I criticize of your church? Who do you think you're kidding?
Why do I contradict you you in every post I write??? oy!lol, that not obvious to you yet Dr[do little]??

It's because you're a stinking secular humanist. You reek of evil. Your religion and it's foundations are not only an asinine absurd ridiculous fairy tale for adults, but it then makes you into a pathetic insecure idiot with gross inferiority complex issues leaving a religion but then go look for others still in that religion to argue with.

You can't defend the basis of your religion, you reject science then come on here blabbering against Christianity but when it comes to defending the scientific basis of your religion you're an ignorant pathetic joke.

Christians laugh at you criticizing the Church when the foundations of your religion are an obscene scientific joke.

who do [you] think you are kidding??

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#560571 Jul 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you related to Tarzan?
??? what an asinine illogical question, you must be a secular humanist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#560572 Jul 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. gave you a heart ..
.. hope that compensates for the 130 negative judgits you'll receive today ..
.. good 'Thought For The Day' and very true ..
LOL....Thanks HL

I sure wish I could get paid for the Icons...I could go on a nice vacation

:-)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#560573 Jul 21, 2013
Well....I'll catch up Later

Bye!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#560574 Jul 21, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Bye!!
I read that you love the red lips (I on the other hand...). So your red lips are from me.

Good morning!
Bongo

Brooklyn, NY

#560576 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
How did I do?
lol many people are simpeltons with their pettiness before they were Christian.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#560577 Jul 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>??? what an asinine illogical question, you must be a secular humanist.
Really?

Tarzan was the son of a British lord and lady. His mother died in childbirth and his father by the very apes that adopted him.

Tarzan is his ape name. His real English name was John Clayton, Earl Greystoke.

Here is his genealogy...

http://www.oldbooksmith.com/register-greystok...

Yes...most of us think he was a fictional character...but was he???

Fennario

#560578 Jul 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's "horrible advice" to not fight?
It's horrible advice to turn the other cheek. Fighting is only one of several options that are different from turning the other cheek. Fighting when not necessary and turning the other cheek are the two worst. Can you think of any others? I can think of several, and they're all better than turning the other cheek.

And yes, I realize that you can say that those words mean whatever you want them to mean. I'm expecting you to tell me that they don't mean to turn the other cheek, but something you prefer, like "don't fight."

And I'm sure that that is what the men that wrote them want those words to mean. They don't want you resisting authority, and didn't really conceive of the situation in terms of there being other options. Times have changed, culture has evolved, people are different, and there are more options.

But I'm evaluating the words in terms of how they are being offered: as the advice of a perfect god. There is no room for evolution there, as you noted when you cited Malachi 3:6 "I the LORD do not change"

So how would a god write? I'm assuming that a god would be expected to be taken at face value. To speak to mankind in diffuse language would be like warning a child not to cross the street using Shakespeare. You wouldn't do it, and I don't accept that a god would, either.

But I do accept that people use their bibles to support whatever ethical system they prefer, and that such people really have no choice when dealing with contradictory scripture that they choose to ignore but to say that it doesn't mean what it appears to mean.

These are the clues that allow one to conclude that the bible is not the word of any god. It bears the mark of mankind, not divinity.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#560579 Jul 21, 2013
simplyput wrote:

No sir---society doesn't have anything to do with me wearing clothes.
I just wouldn't want to go around in public naked--Do you? or would YOU??
No, I wouldn't. Because I've been conditioned all my life to view clothes as a necessity and nudity as a private thing.

So have you.
Society also tries to put FASHION on us, tries to tell us that it is okay to bully others, to have affairs, to get drunk, to do drugs, and on and on.
Ya, I agree. But we were talking nudity, not fashion.
Society tries to run our lives, and some of us let it happen, and get hooked.
That is what I said also ==RESPECT is earned.
You and I know that we would loose a lot of respect if you saw a women walking around naked, you and I know that we would loose respect if we saw a man walking around naked.
I don't think I'd lose respect for someone that's walking around town naked. I know I'd be curious and want to take a peek, but I'd wonder what's that crazy woman doing walking around naked? We have conditioned ourselves to think that way.
Yes Society tries to TELL us a lot of things, but that does not make it as the 'Right thing to do'
Agreed. But that is a different topic.
I doubt if HL goes around in public NAKED--- but IF she does, and it wouldn't bother her to do so---then it sure's hell wouldn't bother her to ADMIT that she does.
I believe she was speaking hypothetically.
I don't know why some on here want to act like they are DIFFERENT and can prove what they are saying is FACT.
We are all different, my man.

Our differences make us stronger, so long as the differences are embraced.
Some just can't agree, they think it is saying---I was wrong, or they think, that is a poster no one likes so I better not agree with him/her.
OK. So do you agree with me?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#560580 Jul 21, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning HL!
For the most part I think we all at times read in to someone's words what we want to find. We at times take things out of context because it fits our (for a lack of a better word) agenda.
I think we also base our interpretation of peoples words with the slant of how we feel about them. If we have already been engaged (past or present) with a poster we are much more likely to read a post as a negative view and see it as a personal attack. IMO
From past experience with Serah...
She is sensitive when it comes to conversations about fathers. The same thing happened between her and me...she took a statement that I made about fathers and turned it personal as if I too had made a direct statement about her and her father. It in no way was about her...I wasn't even exchanging posts with her at the time...but she was offended to the point of even saying that I must have had a horrible relationship with my own father.
I think it is normal for most people to over-react to subject matter that we have dealt with in our own lives. I have had to learn to be desensitized about a few things myself. Yet still...I find myself at times over-reacting.
Hope this made sense...it is early here...I need more coffee.
.. being bias makes perfect sense and when you compound it with extreme sensitivity, statements will be taken out of context ..

.. for me, the purpose of this thread is to try to overcome bias and unfounded prejudice through logic and clear communication. In some instances, the goal is achieved. Although these breakthroughs may appear small, they're huge ..

.. society, your son, benefit from them ..

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#560581 Jul 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
RR has a different definition for "lie".
Lie:

Verb

Be in or assume a horizontal or resting position.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#560582 Jul 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go with your daffynitions again! LOL
I'm sorry.

I won't use the big words around you...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#560583 Jul 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Never got a hangover from vodka, that's why it was my favorite booze...next to Everclear.
I never get a hangover from beer, whiskey or tequila.

But that gawd damned vodka, man....

Praise Sheesh that shit messes me up.

Fennario

#560584 Jul 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
What do we have at the salad bar today? I see some "eye for an eye" and some "turn the other cheek". Hmmm, I think I'm in the mood for...
Nice post. The cafeteria is open 24/7 to serve your ethical needs.
Tide with Beach wrote:
I don't suppose Christianity teaches you a better alternative for dealing with confrontations.
It doesn't.
Tide with Beach wrote:
If you want to put the issue to rest, you need to go through a process. Clearly define what the disagreement is, express your ideal outcome, consider what compromises you can make, and work towards the middle. When you feel you can go no further, express an interest in respecting the differences that remain.
As you know, that process is a modern process, the one suggested by rational ethicists (humanist ethics) and and the Affirmations of Humanism, one that was apparently unknown to the bible authors.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#560585 Jul 21, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Bye!!
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I read that you love the red lips (I on the other hand...). So your red lips are from me.
Good morning!
.. Epi and you are, well, a couple ??..

.. who would have thought? This entire time I thought Epi was a married Christian and you a luscious, delectable female into men ..

.. nice covers. Can't fool HL any longer ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Kwisatz Haderach 88,218
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min waaasssuuup 703,738
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 30 min Grunt56 223,080
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 2 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,549
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr another viewer 996,512
mgtow 3 hr Lucifer 13
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr ChromiuMan 6,922