Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#560518 Jul 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Who can blame you?
<quoted text>
More evidence that you're not a Christian. Christianity kind of takes the sexy out of the head even when nature put it in the body. I'll bet that Whispers is smokin' hot physically, but she said that she would wear twenty sweaters to a ten hand strip poker game.
Of course, that was before G_O_D posted the data correlating female orgasms with the willingness to engage in anal and oral sex. Maybe that will motivate her to get jiggy wit it.
*helpless laughter* I'm also pleading the fifth. OH LOL

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#560519 Jul 21, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Ians says i'm outraged. Do I seem outraged to you?
Do you want to quibble over the degree of your dislike? Is that useful?

Why else would you post so negatively to me and about me if you weren't pissed off by my opinions? You've made it personal on several occasions. What would account for that other than outrage?

Fennario

#560520 Jul 21, 2013
Epi had 40 negative icons on her post. I believe Ians put 35 or better of them there.
That's because you are outraged at my opinions about the Christian church.
I just see his unhealthy obsession with christians.
Do you mean like Le_Le, Grace Walker and Al Garcia? Yeah, I'm just obsessed about Christians.

If you can't make the distinction between the church, which is my target, and individual believers, who are not, even after I have taken great pains to make the distinction and to provide the evidence to support the claim, why should we take any of the rest of your opinions or analysis seriously? You've chosen to attribute the icon thing to me based on this mistaken belief, even though it is obvious who it is that is doing it. I don't have any strong feelings about Epi.

Are you obsessed with me?

Fennario

#560521 Jul 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
Many people of faith protect their faith by keeping it to themselves. This is the most effective method.
Those are smarter people.

I strongly recommend that people that don't enjoy harsh condemnation and ridicule consider keeping their religious views to themselves, and that those who choose to voice them publicly stop crying about it and playing victim when they are told how unacceptable they are.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#560522 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Wow! What a great scene! I have to see this movie now.
It reminds me a little of "Powder," a pretty good movie from 1995 about an empath that looks a little like Hitman. If you don't feel like wathcing all three-and-a-half minutes of this film clip, skip ahead to 1:45, where Powder puts his hand on a deer that is dying, and simultaneously grabs the wrist of the hunter than just shot it that bridges the hunter to deer's experience of dying. Incidentally, the hunter is so traumatized by the experience that he is never able to hunt again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =TGqpGTfQqdcXX
The whole movie is on the Internet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Good movie, I've seen it but thanks.

Fennario

#560523 Jul 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. for what it's worth, IAN doesn't have the computer savvy to manipulate judgits. Like Catch, he's somewhat illiterate in that area ..
LOL. Sadly, that's true.

My wife is the tekkie in our family. I had to call her from the next room yesterday to help a buddy connect his iPad to our Wifi. She was upstairs updating a website. She's designs and hosts them.

I rebelled against all of that about a decade ago when I had four digital devices to learn at once. I don't have an iPad, nor do I carry a cell phone. I think the beeper back in the eighties and nineties did it for me.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#560524 Jul 21, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good movie, I've seen it but thanks.
I've seen that movie too. Song from a gay man:

Fennario

#560525 Jul 21, 2013
[IANS] has told others how easy it is to find posts with search engines ... I was going to ask him how I could find the post through a search engine. If he didnt support Pamona then he had nothing to worry about. But I figured he wouldn't help me. Anyway the point is he seems to know computers quite well.
No, I do not know computers very well. I know how to do research.

You were wrong that I wouldn't help you, and you have misjudged me again saying that I wouldn't.

You would have been right to say that I couldn't help you. I cannot help you find a post that doesn't exist. And I can only find posts that do exist when I know some of the words in them exactly as they appear in the post.
I know you were on that thread when he started getting on me for mocking PA. Do you remember him saying PA was an intelligent funny poster?
Here you go: http://snipurl.com/27hdqu1 That's a search of the site TopixDOTcom for all pages containing the words "aint necessarily," "Pomona atheist," "intelligent," and "funny." I couldn't find anything like what you are claiming there.

Feel free to modify the search any way you like.
its almost worth finding the post to prove hes a liar and a coward, and that nothing is off limits to further his cause.
Feel free to try. And when you fail, you can come back here and apologize for those words, or concede that it is you that has lied and is the coward.

Since: Sep 10

Hong Kong

#560526 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL. Sadly, that's true.
My wife is the tekkie in our family. I had to call her from the next room yesterday to help a buddy connect his iPad to our Wifi. She was upstairs updating a website. She's designs and hosts them.
I rebelled against all of that about a decade ago when I had four digital devices to learn at once. I don't have an iPad, nor do I carry a cell phone. I think the beeper back in the eighties and nineties did it for me.
I am the ultimate ignoramus when it comes to technology.

My work colleagues sigh and laugh at my inability to do legal research online.

I actually use books, which is unheard of these days.

On Topix, I marvel at others' ability to respond by breaking up posts.

I do have an iPad, for travel. I'm using it now. It's amazing.(I use maybe .ooooooooo1 of its capacity.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#560527 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
That is a worthy goal, but hard the goal of the Christian church. What is more divisive than the Christian church? It instructs you to be separate from the world:
"The Bible is NOT vague on the matter of separation from the world. God's children are commanded in the Bible to be SEPARATED from the world." http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Believer%27s%2...
"They are not of the world, even as I am not of it." - Jesus, in John 17:16
And it teaches us to be separated from our families.
"If any one comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.- Jesus, in Luke 14:26
Why? Because you are different:
1 Peter 2:9 - "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood"....
The same thing Hitler preached to the Germans isn't it ?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#560528 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you want to quibble over the degree of your dislike? Is that useful?
Why else would you post so negatively to me and about me if you weren't pissed off by my opinions? You've made it personal on several occasions. What would account for that other than outrage?
He claims he isn't a Christian. LOL

Fennario

#560529 Jul 21, 2013
I aint kissin Ians for nuttin..........
And I aint nuttin Rider for kissin.

Fennario

#560530 Jul 21, 2013
Adam wrote:
The jews are the children of the devil.Jesus suffered much by the Jews. Hitler did the right job when he put the jews in the concentrastion camps. You jews and homosexuals are the scum of the earth.
This is Christianity, too.

Your post has been bookmarked.

Fennario

#560531 Jul 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
yes, IAN did indicate PA can be intelligent and funny at times and, he can. He can also be a complete jerk, depends on his mood ..
I don't recall that. My recollection of him was that he was an embarrassment, and that his posting was content-free. If I thought something that he said was intelligent or funny, it was likely the single comment, not the man.

And of course, it there exists such a post, it hardly supports Rider's intimation that I thought anything positive about the man or that I approved of or was supportive of his Topix presence.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#560532 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
This is Christianity, too.
Your post has been bookmarked.
I'd call it all cyclical karma. Guess who's turn it is now? Go on bro, guess.

Fennario

#560533 Jul 21, 2013
Stalking had nothing to do with it. Putting 2 and 2 together did. Its just the most reasonable answer.
You are wrong.
The only other suspect I would have is Lele. I could see her behind the scenes doing something like that to..........
You are wrong there, too.

You really don't know? I'm not giving up the poster in question, but I'm pretty sure Epi knows. In fact, I think something she posted helped me figure it out.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#560534 Jul 21, 2013
The Parable of Lazarus and Dives in Longer Mark

This parable appears only in the gospel attributed to Luke.

While often called the parable of Lazarus and Dives, the rich man, Dives, is never named, though Lazarus is, which is unusual in itself, since it is the only parable in the NT to name anyone.

In Luke’s parable, a beggar named Lazarus is rewarded in the afterlife while a rich man he knew in this life finds himself in hell.

The rich man asks Abraham whether Lazarus can return to Earth to warn his brothers of what awaits them.

Abraham’s response is that, if the rich man’s brothers did not follow the law, they would not change their ways “even if someone rises from the dead.”

Luke does not give us an account of the actual raising of Lazarus, only John does that, but the parallels in the two stories are striking, if a little confusing.

For example, one evangelical writer wonders, given the possible confusion of the parable’s Lazarus with the "real" Lazarus, why Jesus used that name in this parable, especially since this is the only parable in the canonical gospels in which Jesus names anyone. The writer’s conclusion is that the parable must have an element of truth in it.

Well, it doesn't.

But backtrack to Longer Mark, also known as the Secret Gospel of Mark. If Morton Smith indeed found evidence for a longer version of Mark, and I believe he did, Longer Mark had an early version of the well-known Lazarus story in it that now is only contained in John:
Longer Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
And they come into Bethany. And a certain woman whose brother had died was there. And, coming, she prostrated herself before Jesus and says to him,'Son of David, have mercy on me.' But the disciples rebuked her. And Jesus, being angered, went off with her into the garden where the tomb was, and straightway a great cry was heard from the tomb. And going near, Jesus rolled away the stone from the door of the tomb. And straightaway, going in where the youth was, he stretched forth his hand and raised him, seizing his hand. But the youth, looking upon him, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him. And going out of the tomb, they came into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days Jesus told him what to do, and in the evening the youth comes to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God. And thence, arising, he returned to the other side of the Jordan.
The above quote comes from a letter from Clement of Alexandria known as the Mar Saba Clementine Fragment. But more about Clement later.

I have always viewed Luke as a polemic against Longer Mark.

It seems to me likely Luke's author was attempting to work the rich young man’s subplot from Secret Mark (canonical Mark 10, 14, and 16) into a parable imparting much the same teachings as Secret Mark but, perhaps, without some of the sexual connotations the original story contained.

Luke’s author separated Lazarus from his miracle and converted the miracle into the raising of the widow’s son in Nain in the pericope at 7:11-18.

But note the change in an important message that removing or modifying the pieces of Secret Mark from the New Testament gospels sends. The Lazarus parable and the Rich Youth’s story together, without Secret Mark, seem to make wealth a virtual guarantee of damnation and seem to require that the wealthy shed their possessions to enter the kingdom of God.

Yet the full story of the rich young man we get from Secret Mark is not so harsh and seems only to require a change in one’s focus; one simply needs to love God over material things rather than to the exclusion of them.

Enter Clement of Alexandria and "Who is the Rich Man That Shall Be Saved?" Clement, in whose letter Morton Smith ostensibly found evidence for Longer Mark, wrote an essay containing much the same wisdom as Longer Mark.

Odd that, huh?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#560535 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Thanks, again.
I guess it's time to tell the Christians what happened.
It all began when I got a Facebook friend request from one of the Christians posting on WSJLM several months ago, somebody using the same icon on both sites, so I knew who it was. I was quite alarmed by that request.
I assumed that this person had made friends with one of my Topix friends on Facebook, saw my picture in his/her friends list which referenced my medical school, deduced that that was me, and in so doing, discovered my identity. Although I didn't feel threatened by that individual, I wanted to know who was the common link,somebody I would need to unfriend.
I went to this persons page to discover who our common friend was, and found that there were multiple Facebook friends of mine in that person's friends list, including Catcher, Hiding, Chess Jurist, Double Fine, and perhaps a few others. That's when I realized that there was a risk being friends with Topix skeptics that were also friends with Topix Christians.
Besides seeing names I recognized, I also kept seeing the same unfamiliar names popping up as mutual friends. They were obviously Topix Christians.
Several were very easy to figure out. One was named Serah R, featured pics of pugs, and used the same icon as Serah on Topix. Another was a guy named Ken C. of Florida that used the same tiger icon as Hick-up.
Several had the same first names as Topix Christians that use their first names on Topix. One was named Andrew E.- obviously Counter_Strike. Judy B had to be Old School Granny, Debra A had to be Truths, etc.
But there are still several orphans in that list that I haven't connected to specific Topix posters yet such as Dotti P, Carol T, Stacey H and Gryph J. These names appear over and over, but there is nothing on their pages to connect themwith specific Topix posters, so I still don't know who they are. Maybe one is Epi.
One was identified yesterday when Granny called Lifelover "Dawn" on Sunday at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... . That has to be Dawn O.F. She was a loose end.
Since I had never posted with Lifelover before this week - or don't recall if I had - I realize that some of the orphan names may be people I don't know.
If figuring out who a person is from Facebook is considered stalking, then it was I that was stalked by the Topix Christian who ferreted out my identity and sent me an alarming friend request. If there is a creepy, sneaker stalker in the woodpile, it was the Christian who sent me a friend request without an accompanying message through Facebook explaining his intentions or how he found me. That was quite unsettling, especially considering the threats, the anger, and the mental illness on these pages.
Did I mention that Skombolis, an admitted violent felon, was on some of these Christians' friends lists?
The implications were obvious. I realized that I would have to unfriend all of my Topix friends on Facebook to prevent this from happening again, and that as a result of that, I would no longer be able to identify Christians by the mutual friends function. So I bookmarked the relevant pages, unfriended about two dozen people, and hoped that the original "stalker" would either forget who I was, conclude that he had made an error in his guess, or at a minimum, be discreet.
So now everybody knows how it was done. I just clicked on icons I found when one of the Christian contacted me.
The above is why my facebook page for my topix avatar is entirely separate from, with no link to, my personal fb page - and no one from topix is on it, despite my close feelings to very few of the posters here.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#560536 Jul 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
And I wonder why I can't get a date.
:-)
You just need to ask HL out :p

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#560537 Jul 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the ultimate ignoramus when it comes to technology.
My work colleagues sigh and laugh at my inability to do legal research online.
I actually use books, which is unheard of these days.
On Topix, I marvel at others' ability to respond by breaking up posts.
I do have an iPad, for travel. I'm using it now. It's amazing.(I use maybe .ooooooooo1 of its capacity.
I'm very good with Apple. I absolutely hate my iPad.

I've thrown it several times. Luckily, I have the Bounce App.

:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min Lbj 106,066
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min old school 650,043
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 13 min ChromiuMan 6,078
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 21 min old school 44,933
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 21 min Buck Crick 55,974
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,308
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr wow 121,881
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 hr brandy trujillo 971,739
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web