Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#560229 Jul 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
I will rarely appear in the near future and will judge others comment rather than giving replies.
Sure you will.
You plan on getting caught by the white coats again, don't you?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#560230 Jul 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you know, Rednecks sure do love them some duct tape.
Do you know the Redneck tool box: Duct tape for everything that moves but shouldn't, and WD-40 for everything that should move but can't.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#560231 Jul 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
Iam the antichrist.
Sounds about right.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#560232 Jul 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:

If it's not the result of cultural conditioning, then it's pretending to be. All evidence suggests that homophobia is a product of culture. Some cultures have it, some don't. Some cultures promote homosexuality over heterosexuality. Some have completely different definitions for human sexuality.
What evidence? That some cultures have it and done dont?

Some cultures eat dog and done dont. BOTH are natural, yes?
It IS simple minded to let a feeling you don't understand justify a position of prejudice against a group of people.
I don't assume the complex minded can't be homophobic. Did you assume that I did? Did you misunderstand? I don't want to exclude any possibilities, like a dichotomous thinker.
What if it's a feeling one understands? Maybe they reject it, as I have, maybe they embrace it, as my dad does.
I didn't say it was normal or abnormal.
I didn't say it was a disorder or wasn't.
Woah there, cowboy. You said: "It's natural in the same sense that every human behavior is natural, including all manner of disorders".

I take that as you find it normal, as long at it fits your description.

Am I in error?
Alright, I'll clarify.
Homophobia is an irrational prejudice. Expressing homophobia has a large potential for harm. Keeping it a secret has a large potential for harm for the person that has it, by keeping them in a state of irrational prejudice, which is inferior to a state of understanding, open mindedness, or plain ignorance.
Homosexuality does not necessarily cause harm, certainly no more than heterosexuality, inside of equal circumstances.

Better. But keep in mind that some people find homosexuality rational and acceptable and others don't.

Both POV's can be seemingly justified, too. I think it's finding a middle ground is where we're stuck - as a society.
I'm not saying they are qualitatively equal in terms of choice.
I'm saying that the prejudice against them is qualitatively equal. There's no good reason to oppose homosexuality or height.
I agree, but I know some people wouldn't. My boss, for example, is very very short. Dudes like 4'11"..... He has a serious issue with tall people (that is, 5'6....).
Depending on what you mean by "natural", it could be a meaningless point.
Homophobia is as natural as pedophilia, rape, murder, stealing, polluting the ozone, or farting up someone's nose (another kind of polluting).
Why do you think that?
Is homophobia acceptable to you?
Yes, as much as homosexuality is acceptable to me.

I don't agree with either, but I know I'm not the authority on it.
Will you tolerate it to go unchallenged?
Absolutely!! I would never try to take away a person's rights. Do long as they're not breaking any laws by being homophobic, there's nothing wrong with it.
That is the important distinction. In my opinion, if you are going to oppose something, it should be for good reasons. Those that oppose homosexuality have no good reasons.
In your mind they don't. Remember I asked about a person that winces or gets sick when they see two men kissing? They have a good reason not to see two men kiss.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#560233 Jul 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! I use the ice cream argument.
The circle one is new to me.
Have you spied any good movies lately?
What do you think Ians reaction would have been if it was a friend of his who died and a christian was peeking in on him and his friends on facebook and implied it was a suicide?

You really dont have to answer that Tide. Its more of a rhetorical question you could say. I'm just asking so others give it some thought.........

#560234 Jul 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit stalking me. This is a public forum, you jerk.
I hit a nerve eh?

#560235 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*uses Jedi mind trick*
You want to read all of RR's posts.....
Help, Somebody help me please!!!!

I been HIP-KNOW-TIZED..........

United States

#560236 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It's "horrible advice" to not fight?
The horrible advice is to tell people to volunteer for a beating.

If I kick you in the balls, and damage the left nut, will you offer up the right nut, like Jesus would want you to do?

Or was this advice NOT metaphorical, and pertains ONLY to cheeks?

How about ass cheeks?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#560237 Jul 20, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. homophobia is the human reaction when an individual finds homosexuality unnatural and repulsive; however, it is unique to humans therefore unnatural ..
.. animals don't wear clothes. If a naked man runs onto a ball field, most people would think it unnatural, abnormal and immoral. A ferret would laugh at you ..
.. and, the cause of homophobia? Can you point to any reason other than religion or latent homosexuality to disparage people simply because they are who they are ??..
.. indoctrination baby, indoctrination ..
.. your turn. I can't wait, need to run some errands ..
Why do you think that what is exhibited only in humans is not natural? By that account, marriage - including gay marriage - is unnatural. And so many other things we humans do that only we humans do.

Yes, and if that naked man ran out onto a ball field, that would be considered unnatural (and illegal). Is it because he's not wearing clothes?

Yes, I think the cause of most homphobia is religion-based, but I can't think that all of it is. Some people just can't stand the thought of two same sex people doing what 'normally' only opposite sex people do.

#560238 Jul 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit stalking me. This is a public forum, you jerk.
Does this mean you'll tell the Indian girl to stop reading me? I'm not 'alright' anymore?

;o)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#560239 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I saw him. He was like 5'2", right?
You really have no idea, do you?

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013...

All Asians look alike, right?

United States

#560240 Jul 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Wasilla, Alaska? Sarah, is that you? Can you see Russia?
See you later, masturbator.
After a while, pedophile.
I sure hope Sarah runs for the Senate just for the comedy gold.
Speaking of which, why don't we ever hear from Dubya any more?
I hear he's into painting now.

United States

#560241 Jul 20, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
I only have one side of that story. and I'm sure it doesnt surprise you that I'm not taking Ians word for how that whole thing played out and how he got there. Its quite obvious he has an agenda and he's quite focused on seeing it through.
Boo!

Thanks to Catcher for the meme.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#560242 Jul 20, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, that is homophobia.
And is homophobia exhibited outside the human species?
No, therefore it is not natural.
You have a REALLY hard time understanding "natural."
How do you know it isn't just adaptive behavior?

Why is it that homophobes react more strongly when gays are around kids comparred to when they're around adults?

Is that inherited, adaptive behavior or is that religious indoctrination?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#560243 Jul 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all about open competition. We have it here on the internet.
That's all skepticism needs to win. Individual Christians will be able to protect their faith, but they won't be able to spread it around like they have been.
If you submit your ideas to competition, and they suck, people will know, and you won't be invited to their parties.
The internet spells the demise of Christianity in America. It will take longer if you guys keep your faith to yourselves. If you insist on competing, the exposure will hasten the fall.
I advise you to protect your faith in silence, if you want to keep it, and do so comfortably. That's my advice. It would serve my agenda better if you didn't take it. I want that competition to take place and I want it to be heavily populated.
I will never keep my faith in silence, Tide. What kind of shit is that?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#560244 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Nope. I'm just sick of Catcher's whining and lying about me.
What goes around comes around.
Tide with Beach wrote:
I don't suppose Christianity teaches you a better alternative for dealing with confrontations.
If you want to put the issue to rest, you need to go through a process. Clearly define what the disagreement is, express your ideal outcome, consider what compromises you can make, and work towards the middle. When you feel you can go no further, express an interest in respecting the differences that remain.
I can't help it. I've tried being nice to Catch, tried joking with him, tried asking his advice in his field, etc. Depending on his mood I'll either get a response or, more commonly, some snyde remark about me being a child abuser and a wife beater.

Catcher's a dick.

Location hidden

#560245 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If being gay is natural, why do some people feel a reflexive twinge of disgust when they see gay men kissing?
Is that societal conditioning?
Is that repulsion bigotry?
But what if it isn’t? What if homophobia is also “natural”?
If we’re going to have equal rights to homosexuals, because they say homosexualityin humans is perfectly natural, we also need to extend equal rights to homophobes, because in humans it's perfectly natural, also.
Hate is natural. So is stupidity.

Congratulations. You're human.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#560246 Jul 20, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, that is homophobia.
And is homophobia exhibited outside the human species?
No, therefore it is not natural.
You have a REALLY hard time understanding "natural."
I consider certain foods repulsive.
I consider some cultural traditions repulsive.
I consider some forms of architecture repulsive.
If I were to tell someone that is my feeling toward these things, they would agree or disagree and that would be the end of it. Here's where it gets interesting. If I consider two men trading spit repulsive, which I do, I'm immediately branded a homophobe. How is it that your definition of natural supersedes my idea of natural, and that I am automatically wrong if I don't accept it? Who are you to dictate to others what you perceive to be natural, and if we don't conform to your dictums, our thinking is misguided and a archaic. Screw you.

Location hidden

#560247 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I'm just sick of Catcher's whining and lying about me.
What goes around comes around.
What's he lying about? You admitted to striking a 6 month old baby.

Is that what he's lying about? You find that acceptable. He doesn't. That's not a lie. It's a difference of opinion.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#560248 Jul 20, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I consider certain foods repulsive.
I consider some cultural traditions repulsive.
I consider some forms of architecture repulsive.
If I were to tell someone that is my feeling toward these things, they would agree or disagree and that would be the end of it. Here's where it gets interesting. If I consider two men trading spit repulsive, which I do, I'm immediately branded a homophobe. How is it that your definition of natural supersedes my idea of natural, and that I am automatically wrong if I don't accept it? Who are you to dictate to others what you perceive to be natural, and if we don't conform to your dictums, our thinking is misguided and a archaic. Screw you.
No "a" in front of archaic. I make typos when I'm pissed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min It aint necessari... 950,076
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min doug 626,828
Ryan Leaf We are giving away 200 Cool T-shirt f... 12 min TshirtforFREE 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 20 min Earthling 14,080
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 27 min Lyndi 179,968
Hi Everyone, Bruno Mars We are giving away 200 ... 31 min TshirtforFREE 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min Neville Thompson 278,314
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 17,765
More from around the web