Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#560190 Jul 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
I will rarely appear in the near future and will judge others comment rather than giving replies.
ok so you want to be a rock hermit.

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#560191 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go assuming again.
I'll have you know, ole chap, that I'm at work right now.
I am employed.
I see no reason to lie about things, why lie about that?
Knock it off or I'm gonna put you on the Catcher-shit-list.
"Knock it off"? I'll 'knock it off' when I feel like it little man.

LMAO

Truly you are a legend in your own lunchtime.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#560192 Jul 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*waits for an atheist to deny that*
*....and waits*
<quoted text>
Yeah, and I think you'd probably agree, that is a limited type of free will that humans can exercise.
Our immediate and current actions may not be the result of free will, like having to crossing terrain, physical limitations, or that we do have to eat and sleep, etc. But, reflecting on those actions and what we did once and what we had little choice in during that first encounter, and will do later, allows us to modify how we react to those relatively immutable aspects of physical existence we face. So I think we do have free will in that respect.
We're certainly not free to disobey our own will. Whatever we choose to do is our will.

Maybe what we mean is the freedom to choose our will. There is really no way to know if what we feel like doing at any juncture - our will - could have been otherwise. I don't actually choose my will except in a limited way. I may choose my actions to effect that will, like choosing the chocolate ice cream over the vanilla, but I don't remember ever choosing to prefer chocolate.

And if one day, I perversely choose the vanilla just to demonstrate to myself that I have free will, how can I decide if I chose that moment to do that, or the will to do so at just that time was visited upon me by undiscernible neurological factors? I can't.

As for their god, it couldn't have free will if it is perfect. Nothing perfect can change without becoming imperfect. Consider a perfect circle of unit radius perfectly centered about the intersection of the x and y-axes. You can't change anything without ending up with an imperfect version.

A perfect being could not act. Everything about it and everything that it controls is already perfect, and it is not free to vary from perfection. Can it freely do evil and remain perfect?

In fact, a perfect being couldn't even think, because thinking is a change in the mental state.

Fennario

#560193 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"Turn the other cheek" to whom, perfesir?
To nobody. It's horrible advise. It's just about your worst option if punched in the cheek. An authentic god would have known that.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#560195 Jul 20, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
ok so you want to be a rock hermit.
Hush will you please. Can you please keep mit down.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#560196 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
How can you be certain? Whit if it's not conditioning?
If it's not the result of cultural conditioning, then it's pretending to be. All evidence suggests that homophobia is a product of culture. Some cultures have it, some don't. Some cultures promote homosexuality over heterosexuality. Some have completely different definitions for human sexuality.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why's it gotta be only the simple minded? Why do you assume the complex minded can't be homophobic also?
It IS simple minded to let a feeling you don't understand justify a position of prejudice against a group of people.

I don't assume the complex minded can't be homophobic. Did you assume that I did? Did you misunderstand? I don't want to exclude any possibilities, like a dichotomous thinker.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Please tell Lacez that you think it's normal.
And please explain to me why you think it's a "disorder".
I didn't say it was normal or abnormal.

I didn't say it was a disorder or wasn't.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Really? You're gonna go there? You're implying that homophobia "causes" harm, not that it "can cause" harm. You're also implying that homosexuality "does not" cause harm....
You sure about that?
Alright, I'll clarify.

Homophobia is an irrational prejudice. Expressing homophobia has a large potential for harm. Keeping it a secret has a large potential for harm for the person that has it, by keeping them in a state of irrational prejudice, which is inferior to a state of understanding, open mindedness, or plain ignorance.

Homosexuality does not necessarily cause harm, certainly no more than heterosexuality, inside of equal circumstances.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Excellent point. But you're implying that homoseuxality is as much of a non-choice as a person's height. Why?
I'm not saying they are qualitatively equal in terms of choice.

I'm saying that the prejudice against them is qualitatively equal. There's no good reason to oppose homosexuality or height.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I agree. I'm just pointing out to Lacez that I think homophobia is as natural in humans as homophobia is.
Depending on what you mean by "natural", it could be a meaningless point.

Homophobia is as natural as pedophilia, rape, murder, stealing, polluting the ozone, or farting up someone's nose (another kind of polluting).

Is homophobia acceptable to you? Will you tolerate it to go unchallenged? That is the important distinction. In my opinion, if you are going to oppose something, it should be for good reasons. Those that oppose homosexuality have no good reasons.
Adam

#560197 Jul 20, 2013
Iam not the antichrist.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#560198 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If being gay is natural, why do some people feel a reflexive twinge of disgust when they see gay men kissing?
Is that societal conditioning?
Is that repulsion bigotry?
But what if it isn’t? What if homophobia is also “natural”?
If we’re going to have equal rights to homosexuals, because they say homosexualityin humans is perfectly natural, we also need to extend equal rights to homophobes, because in humans it's perfectly natural, also.
Once again, that is homophobia.
And is homophobia exhibited outside the human species?
No, therefore it is not natural.

You have a REALLY hard time understanding "natural."

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#560199 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dabating Lacez. He claimed that homophobia is unnatural. I disagree.
it may be an uncomfortable debate for you, but it still should be debated, no?
.. homophobia is the human reaction when an individual finds homosexuality unnatural and repulsive; however, it is unique to humans therefore unnatural ..

.. animals don't wear clothes. If a naked man runs onto a ball field, most people would think it unnatural, abnormal and immoral. A ferret would laugh at you ..

.. and, the cause of homophobia? Can you point to any reason other than religion or latent homosexuality to disparage people simply because they are who they are ??..

.. indoctrination baby, indoctrination ..

.. your turn. I can't wait, need to run some errands ..

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#560200 Jul 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hush will you please. Can you please keep mit down.
Watch it there bully wooly.lol lol

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#560201 Jul 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I think IANS is a little more computer savvy than Catcher.
Still, I doubt he knows about macros. That's my guess as to how the multiple judgeits are being left.
I've seen some people say that it's a Topix glitch, but I find that very unlikely. Data can disappear, it can be corrupted, but it is rarely ever changed from one valid state to another, on accident.
.. hi ya, Tide !!..

.. yep, it's a macro. We need to give Epi a few hugs. Everyday she assiduously posts her 'Thought Of The Day' and prayer. She does no harm. Isn't that our goal ??..

{{ Epi Hug }}
Ol Salt

United States

#560202 Jul 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Who can blame you?
<quoted text>
More evidence that you're not a Christian. Christianity kind of takes the sexy out of the head even when nature put it in the body. I'll bet that Whispers is smokin' hot physically, but she said that she would wear twenty sweaters to a ten hand strip poker game.
Of course, that was before G_O_D posted the data correlating female orgasms with the willingness to engage in anal and oral sex. Maybe that will motivate her to get jiggy wit it.
Some of the best I ever had was women that regularly attended church. Is there a correlation between these women, their church affiliation/belief structure and their sexual prowess; I don't know. But make no mistake, female believers are not frigid or prudes.

Are you married to the only woman you've ever known sexually? There's nothing wrong with it if you are. But it certainly doesn't make you an expert on the sexual habits of church-going women or other women period.

What you've posted is nothing more than bold conjecture. You have no facts ...no basis at all to back up your assertion.
That's some training you got there.
Adam

#560203 Jul 20, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. homophobia is the human reaction when an individual finds homosexuality unnatural and repulsive; however, it is unique to humans therefore unnatural ..
.. animals don't wear clothes. If a naked man runs onto a ball field, most people would think it unnatural, abnormal and immoral. A ferret would laugh at you ..
.. and, the cause of homophobia? Can you point to any reason other than religion or latent homosexuality to disparage people simply because they are who they are ??..
.. indoctrination baby, indoctrination ..
.. your turn. I can't wait, need to run some errands ..
Homophobia is mainly used by the illuminatis and is a key word for anti heterosexual.
Adam

#560204 Jul 20, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch it there bully wooly.lol lol
Papa&#65279; Emeritus II intodruces Dancig. lol

Location hidden

#560205 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Well, I used to think I had that problem because I've never had too many friends and feel like I avoid social situations just because there's people there.
I disagree with that now, I've learned that I don't avoid people at all, I just like being by myself.
<quoted text>
Why do you say that?
It's all about open competition. We have it here on the internet.

That's all skepticism needs to win. Individual Christians will be able to protect their faith, but they won't be able to spread it around like they have been.

If you submit your ideas to competition, and they suck, people will know, and you won't be invited to their parties.

The internet spells the demise of Christianity in America. It will take longer if you guys keep your faith to yourselves. If you insist on competing, the exposure will hasten the fall.

I advise you to protect your faith in silence, if you want to keep it, and do so comfortably. That's my advice. It would serve my agenda better if you didn't take it. I want that competition to take place and I want it to be heavily populated.

Location hidden

#560206 Jul 20, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Stalking had nothing to do with it. Putting 2 and 2 together did. Its just the most reasonable answer. The only other suspect I would have is Lele. I could see her behind the scenes doing something like that to..........
Don't tell me you follow a definition for stalking?

I thought we could use that word for anything.

------

The most likely suspect is someone who doesn't post much at all, not someone who posts a lot, and/or who has little in the way of inhibitions. Do IANS or Lele have a history of holding back? Are they shy?

I don't know who is leaving all those icons. I don't care either.

Fennario

#560207 Jul 20, 2013
Le_le wrote:
I do believe in Jesus Christ.. It is written on my heart. There's just no way I could ever deny Him.. Yet, it's His followers that take extreme measures to control our world,..To say they hate because God said this or that.. And so, therefore, they can rule and judge the rest of humankind?? Nope, I do not buy it, it's not what God wants.. And I do believe every single soul will not face a hell in the afterlife.. Yes, the church is the enemy..always has been..
I find nothing objectionable in that, Le-Le, and am very happy for you that your faith edifies you rather than the alternative. People like you, Grace Walker, and Al Garcia help clarify for me the full spectrum of what's out there, and which parts of it I should despise, and which parts I should not. It is clear to me that my target should be the church, not the individual believer.

And to you Christians that defend the church, it is not your Christianity per se that I object to. If I don't mind that in some of you, I don't mind it in any of you. It's the hive mentality, and individuals with other ethical deficiencies. And for that, I blame your church. The religious people that distance themselves from the collective are better, healthier people, whereas you zealous defenders of "the body" are the worst.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Into this world we're thrown

#560208 Jul 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me you follow a definition for stalking?
I thought we could use that word for anything.
------
The most likely suspect is someone who doesn't post much at all, not someone who posts a lot, and/or who has little in the way of inhibitions. Do IANS or Lele have a history of holding back? Are they shy?
I don't know who is leaving all those icons. I don't care either.
Lele has a tendency to try to get under peoples skin. Ians has been trying to get under Epi's skin.

They have both proven to trite and childish. I dont care who it is either, because I dont care doesnt mean I dont have an opinion of who it is.

What ians has done on facebook falls under the definition of stalking whether you want to admit it or not.

Fennario

#560210 Jul 20, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Fools make a mock at sin; but among the righteous there is favour.
Yes, of course, and he who laughs last laughs hardest. And a stitch in time saves nine.

Here's a good word: sententious. Not you, but preachy preachers.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#560211 Jul 20, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
"Knock it off"? I'll 'knock it off' when I feel like it little man.
LMAO
Truly you are a legend in your own lunchtime.
Lol, that's why I dig you, ole chap.

You've got a riotous sense if humor.

I mean humour, sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Dr Banonator 55,910
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 min Brian_G 445,893
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 24 min Tony 6,077
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 31 min ImFree2Choose 2,306
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 50 min bad bob 182,934
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,062
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 44,927
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr brandy trujillo 971,739
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr RoSesz 650,010
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 22 hr Jesus 47
More from around the web