Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#560169 Jul 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
Yes.
How can you be certain? Whit if it's not conditioning?
Alone, no. It could act as a justification for bigotry for the simple minded.

Why's it gotta be only the simple minded? Why do you assume the complex minded can't be homophobic also?
It's natural in the same sense that every human behavior is natural, including all manner of disorders, phobias, crimes, misdemeanors, and oopsies.
Please tell Lacez that you think it's normal.

And please explain to me why you think it's a "disorder".
Natural does not equate to socially acceptable or morally correct.[/QUOTE[

I didn't say it does.

[QUOTE] Homophobia causes harm, whereas homosexuality does not.
Really? You're gonna go there? You're implying that homophobia "causes" harm, not that it "can cause" harm. You're also implying that homosexuality "does not" cause harm....

You sure about that?
Would I hate you because you're taller than I am? Naturally I would, so naturally, I should never be hindered in any way while harassing you for your freakish height. RiversideRedwood, always the first one to know when it rains. Must get lonely up there, huh, Mr Periscope? That might seem silly, but that kind of prejudice can be constructed in a culture just like homophobia.
Excellent point. But you're implying that homoseuxality is as much of a non-choice as a person's height. Why?
There's no good reason to be opposed to homosexuality.
I agree. I'm just pointing out to Lacez that I think homophobia is as natural in humans as homophobia is.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#560171 Jul 20, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. if you see homosexuality as normal and natural, why do you continue creating these bizarre arguments ??..
Dabating Lacez. He claimed that homophobia is unnatural. I disagree.

it may be an uncomfortable debate for you, but it still should be debated, no?
.. why should Jesus love me ??..
A better question is - why shouldn't He?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#560172 Jul 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I create a psychological profile on everyone I want to socialize with. To maximize effective socialization, it's imperative to learn and understand as much as possible about the way a mind works.
You're right that you don't have that disorder. Unfortunately, it's likely that a person of faith will have some of the symptoms. They are a product of cognitive dissonance. Some of the defense mechanisms for faith manifest as antisocial behavior (in cultures like ours). If you lived in a static culture of only Christians, this wouldn't be an issue. You'd have little cognitive dissonance to deal with.
Well, I used to think I had that problem because I've never had too many friends and feel like I avoid social situations just because there's people there.

I disagree with that now, I've learned that I don't avoid people at all, I just like being by myself.
Many people of faith protect their faith by keeping it to themselves. This is the most effective method.
Why do you say that?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#560173 Jul 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you stalk out it was him?
Stalking had nothing to do with it. Putting 2 and 2 together did. Its just the most reasonable answer. The only other suspect I would have is Lele. I could see her behind the scenes doing something like that to..........

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#560174 Jul 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
He's having a little temper tantrum.
It might take five, six, even seven sammiches to turn him around.
Nope. I'm just sick of Catcher's whining and lying about me.

What goes around comes around.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#560175 Jul 20, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote down the number of your posts right around the time to were asserting once again that you weren't terminally unemployed.
As were all about the evidence around here I thought we could do a little mathematics to see just how much posting you do whilst gainfully employed.
It hasn't quite been four weeks yet but you're pretty much up there with Mr Buck Crick, the only thing missing is the picture of his prison lover.
There ya go assuming again.

I'll have you know, ole chap, that I'm at work right now.

I am employed.

I see no reason to lie about things, why lie about that?

Knock it off or I'm gonna put you on the Catcher-shit-list.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#560177 Jul 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You just made the list again:
[30] A doctor, lawyer, scientist, or engineer are so used to reading their professional documentation literally, that metaphor, allegory, parables, hyperbole, and analogies are like another language unto themselves.
[31] You are not bright or educated enough to spew against Bible
[32] I would question the person who thinks that you understand even one page of any Bible. Without first learning the language how could you.
[33] It's so full of errors and misconceptions I don't even wanna touch it.
Is this the behavior that you object to - saving, organizing, compiling, and retrieving data? I do it effortlessly. It comes from a lifetime of good study habits.
It's how medicine is done, for example. I just showed you the diagnostic criteria for Antisocial and Dissocial Personality Disorders. There are a million such lists I had to learn. Let me give you further peak into that world. Perhaps you have no idea.
Any complaint such as shortness of breath elicits a list of possibilities that includes such things as asthma,congestive cardiomyopathy, and anemia. Any physical finding elicits its list of associated conditions. Every lab test abnormality does as well. From these, a list called a differential diagnosis is developed https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differential_di...
Then I have a list of treatment options that I draw from, such as a list of the categories of pharmaceutical agents available, and withing each of those, specific agents. Maybe you need a calcium channel blocker like amlodipine and an angiotensin receptor blocker like olmesartan. If so, perhaps Azor is the right choice.
That's how I manage information. You should see the bidding system for bridge that my regular partner and I are responsible for. It's all lists:
[1] All 3-level cuebids are Western cuebids except:
• When they show a limit raise of partner’s major or minor
• After a major suit fit has been found (where it is a short suit or help suit game try)
• When partner later rejects a 3NT reply and supports our suit
• When opponents have bid two suits. Cuebid shows a control of bid suit with slam interest.
• When cue bidding 3 of opponent’s overcall after a 1NT opener (game forcing Stayman in Lebensohl)
• Jump cuebid advances of partner’s overcall show a Bergen "mixed (or constructive) raise," which is 4-card trump support and more than a preemptive raise, but less than a limit raise
[2]Responses to Ogust 2NT after a weak two opener:
• 3C - Bad overall strength (3-6 HCPs), bad suit quality
• 3D - Bad overall strength (3-6 HCPs), good suit quality (2 of top 3 honors)
• 3H - Good overall strength (7-9 HCPs), bad suit quality
• 3S - Good overall strength (7-9 HCPs), good suit quality (2 of top 3 honors)
• 3NT - Solid trump suit = AKQxxx
As I said, at this point in my life, this stuff is effortless, including listing bible excuses. You should see my other lists for Topix religion discussions. I have a list of the lists. I'm running out of characters for this post, so here are just a few
• FIVE QUESTIONS FOR CATHOLICS
• THINGS THAT WOULD CONVINCE AN ATHEIST THAT A PARTICULAR RELIGION IS THE TRUE RELIGION.
• COMPARING RELIGIOUS AND IRRELIOGIOUS
• LAWS DESCRIBING THEISTS’ BEHAVIOR IN ATHEIST THREADS
• THE HATREDS OF JEHOVAH
• SEVEN QUALITIES TO LEAVE AT THE CHURCH DOOR:
• FIVE THINGS FOR THEISTS TO PROVE
• FOUR COMBINATIONS of KNOWING and BELIEVING
• SIXTEEN IRRITATING, OFFENSIVE and DISRESPECTFUL BEHAVIORS COMMON AMONG THEISTS
• EIGHT FAILED PROPHECIES
• TOP TEN SIGNS THAT YOU'RE A CHRISTIAN
• TOP STORIES IN THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER BIBLE
• CONTRADICTIONS BETWEEN THE TWO CREATION STORIES IN GENESIS
It's what I do.
I have a gut feeling that your long posts are pre-written, canned responses that you've prepared for different situations.

If so, that's an problem, no?

(see, ole chap? I asked. Try it)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#560178 Jul 20, 2013
I hae no list. I keep a record of our conversations here in memory.

IMO - anything other than that seems a bit OCB-ish.

Location hidden

#560179 Jul 20, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. for what it's worth, IAN doesn't have the computer savvy to manipulate judgits. Like Catch, he's somewhat illiterate in that area ..
.. why should Jesus love me ??..
I think IANS is a little more computer savvy than Catcher.

Still, I doubt he knows about macros. That's my guess as to how the multiple judgeits are being left.

I've seen some people say that it's a Topix glitch, but I find that very unlikely. Data can disappear, it can be corrupted, but it is rarely ever changed from one valid state to another, on accident.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#560180 Jul 20, 2013
<quoted text>
[30] A doctor, lawyer, scientist, or engineer are so used to reading their professional documentation literally, that metaphor, allegory, parables, hyperbole, and analogies are like another language unto themselves.
[31] You are not bright or educated enough to spew against Bible
[32] I would question the person who thinks that you understand even one page of any Bible. Without first learning the language how could you.
[33] It's so full of errors and misconceptions I don't even wanna touch it.
Is this the behavior that you object to - saving, organizing, compiling, and retrieving data? I do it effortlessly. It comes from a lifetime of good study habits.
It's how medicine is done, for example. I just showed you the diagnostic criteria for Antisocial and Dissocial Personality Disorders. There are a million such lists I had to learn. Let me give you further peak into that world. Perhaps you have no idea.
Any complaint such as shortness of breath elicits a list of possibilities that includes such things as asthma,congestive cardiomyopathy, and anemia. Any physical finding elicits its list of associated conditions. Every lab test abnormality does as well. From these, a list called a differential diagnosis is developed https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differential_di...
Then I have a list of treatment options that I draw from, such as a list of the categories of pharmaceutical agents available, and withing each of those, specific agents. Maybe you need a calcium channel blocker like amlodipine and an angiotensin receptor blocker like olmesartan. If so, perhaps Azor is the right choice.
That's how I manage information. You should see the bidding system for bridge that my regular partner and I are responsible for. It's all lists:
[1] All 3-level cuebids are Western cuebids except:
• When they show a limit raise of partner’s major or minor
• After a major suit fit has been found (where it is a short suit or help suit game try)
• When partner later rejects a 3NT reply and supports our suit
• When opponents have bid two suits. Cuebid shows a control of bid suit with slam interest.
• When cue bidding 3 of opponent’s overcall after a 1NT opener (game forcing Stayman in Lebensohl)
• Jump cuebid advances of partner’s overcall show a Bergen "mixed (or constructive) raise," which is 4-card trump support and more than a preemptive raise, but less than a limit raise
[2]Responses to Ogust 2NT after a weak two opener:
• 3C - Bad overall strength (3-6 HCPs), bad suit quality
• 3D - Bad overall strength (3-6 HCPs), good suit quality (2 of top 3 honors)
• 3H - Good overall strength (7-9 HCPs), bad suit quality
• 3S - Good overall strength (7-9 HCPs), good suit quality (2 of top 3 honors)
• 3NT - Solid trump suit = AKQxxx
As I said, at this point in my life, this stuff is effortless, including listing bible excuses. You should see my other lists for Topix religion discussions. I have a list of the lists. I'm running out of characters for this post, so here are just a few
• FIVE QUESTIONS FOR CATHOLICS
• THINGS THAT WOULD CONVINCE AN ATHEIST THAT A PARTICULAR RELIGION IS THE TRUE RELIGION.
• COMPARING RELIGIOUS AND IRRELIOGIOUS
• LAWS DESCRIBING THEISTS’ BEHAVIOR IN ATHEIST THREADS
• THE HATREDS OF JEHOVAH
• SEVEN QUALITIES TO LEAVE AT THE CHURCH DOOR:
• FIVE THINGS FOR THEISTS TO PROVE
• FOUR COMBINATIONS of KNOWING and BELIEVING
• SIXTEEN IRRITATING, OFFENSIVE and DISRESPECTFUL BEHAVIORS COMMON AMONG THEISTS
• EIGHT FAILED PROPHECIES
• TOP TEN SIGNS THAT YOU'RE A CHRISTIAN
• TOP STORIES IN THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER BIBLE
• CONTRADICTIONS BETWEEN THE TWO CREATION STORIES IN GENESIS
It's what I do.
Pass the Plate;
One roll toilet tissue,newspapers,catalogs,lam bs ear,and some mulleim yea good mop up materials cause your full of it. lol lol

#560181 Jul 20, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, IAN did indicate PA can be intelligent and funny at times and, he can. He can also be a complete jerk, depends on his mood ..
.. RR is somewhat similar. He's intelligent and funny but sometimes downright onry. Do you agree ??..
<< taking mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickles and fresh roast beef out of fridge >>
<< toasting submarine bun >>
I appreciate your honesty there.

As far as RR. Like I said before I dont read many of his posts. I skim alot. I dont have the time to read everyone. I would imagine I would have been riding Ians long ago if i was to read all his posts, but..........

From what i've read of RR he is funny, I honestly cant say if he's onry or not. What draws me to his posts are when there is a clown icon on one. Red X's and nuts and dim bulbs dont really draw me to read a post of anyones..........

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#560182 Jul 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for answering that. I was curious as to how it is that some believe in the Triune, while others(Christians too), only believe in one deity, not one deity with three components, or aspects as you term it, but only one deity - that they may believe comprises *all*- but not a deity with separate and different aspects - yet the same deity - but with distinct roles assigned to those components as trinitarian Christians believe in.
If a person is using a Bible as their sole source of belief, I find it impossible to come to the conclusion that there are not at least three aspects to God. Each person must choose for themselves. And each person can believe what they want. Many also use the bible to excuse vile acts against other who don't believe as they do. It is then that I have something to say about their belief. It is then that I will show that the Bible does not support their actions. Things like people using where the Bible says to not be equally yoked together to support racism. Being yoked together has nothing to do with race. That according to the Bible. Just some of my thoughts on the matter.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#560183 Jul 20, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
Please don't call me a christian. I thought we were friends! I'm insulted.
LOL. Who can blame you?
JuicyLullz wrote:
The sexy part I'm ok with
More evidence that you're not a Christian. Christianity kind of takes the sexy out of the head even when nature put it in the body. I'll bet that Whispers is smokin' hot physically, but she said that she would wear twenty sweaters to a ten hand strip poker game.

Of course, that was before G_O_D posted the data correlating female orgasms with the willingness to engage in anal and oral sex. Maybe that will motivate her to get jiggy wit it.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#560185 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there's two reasons that I'm better than you :)
Being a redneck is a positive thing?
Oh wait, based on your other ideas, of course you think it is.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#560186 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, bro. OK.
You refuse to answer. I gotcha.
You mean you refuse to accept reality.
Understood.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#560187 Jul 20, 2013
The homosexuals the Illuminatis,the NSA, the jews, Obama and his administration sucks big dick. This is the reason why I stayed away from the topix forum for a while. Don´t call it a comeback. I will make rare appearance in the future and rather judge other comments than giving replies.

#560188 Jul 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you stalk out it was him?
If someone invited you to facebook and you declined, would you go back to those profiles continouously behind the scenes to (I have to use the word spy here because its really the word that fits best) spy on them?

If you declined the invite, what would be your interest in going back to those profiles?
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#560189 Jul 20, 2013
I will rarely appear in the near future and will judge others comment rather than giving replies.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#560190 Jul 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
I will rarely appear in the near future and will judge others comment rather than giving replies.
ok so you want to be a rock hermit.

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#560191 Jul 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go assuming again.
I'll have you know, ole chap, that I'm at work right now.
I am employed.
I see no reason to lie about things, why lie about that?
Knock it off or I'm gonna put you on the Catcher-shit-list.
"Knock it off"? I'll 'knock it off' when I feel like it little man.

LMAO

Truly you are a legend in your own lunchtime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min confrinting with ... 654,011
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 18 min Prestige times ten 3,810
Profitional massage for girl in Sohar (oman) (Jan '15) 1 hr Bewithme 9
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Bongo 64,059
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 973,805
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... 6 hr Clive 27
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 6 hr Clive 80
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,508
More from around the web