Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

The poor is hated even of his own neighbor buth the rich hath many friends.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

He that despiseth his neighbor sinneth; but he that hath mercy on the poor happy is he.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Do they not err that devise evil but mercy and truth shall be to them that devise good.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Why did a doctor that wrote thousands of scripts for pain medication decide to start cutting off any patient that didn't follow his instructions? Surely you didn't start your practice with that policy in place. What necessitated the change?
Good question.

The policy of establishing boundaries with patients was always in place, but putting it on paper and having patients agree to it in writing was a practice that didn't emerge until the nineties. As a result, The American Academy of Pain Management published a position paper on the subject that you can read at http://naddi.org/aws/NADDI/asset_manager/get_... in which they advise physicians about the use of such pain contracts, as well as addressing some of the other emerging issues in the practice of pain medicine.

One of those relates to the proper understanding of what addiction is. Here the AAPM is helping to clarify an issue that you take pleasure in muddying in a self-serving effort to shift the blame for your addiction from yourself to your physician - the definition of addiction as a compulsive, self-destructive behavior not caused by the prescription of opioids:

"IV. Current information and experience suggest that many commonly held assumptions need modification. Addiction: Misunderstanding of addiction and mislabeling of patients as addicts result in unnecessary withholding of opioid medications. Addiction is a compulsive disorder in which an individual becomes preoccupied with obtaining and using a substance, the continued use of which results in a decreased quality of life. Studies indicate that the de novo development of addiction when opioids are used for the relief of pain is low."

At the time that statement was published, the profession was burdened by a general misunderstanding of what addiction is, which created an inappropriate barrier to physicians prescribing opioids for moderate to sever chronic pain.

As I have said repeatedly, pain medications don't cause addiction. The cause drug dependence, which is an independent phenomenon. Addiction doesn't require dependence, and dependence doesn't lead to addiction. Addictive behavior is a quality of the individual, not of the object of his compulsion, which need not be a drug at all. People can become addicted to shopping or sex.

And the overwhelming number of patients that take continuous opioid therapy long enough to develop dependence never engage in the compulsive, self-destructive behavior that characterizes addiction.

You think you benefit from resisting these ideas, so you do. It's how you are. You choose your preferred reality - in this case, how a doctor turned you into an addict - and doggedly promote it, just as you do your version of your crime, in which you depict yourself as a hero.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

In all labour there is profit but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
The poor is hated even of his own neighbor buth the rich hath many friends.
What?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

The crown of the wise is their riches but the foolishness of fools is folly.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

A true witness delivereth souls but a deceitful witness speaketh lies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life to depart from the snares of death.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

In the multitude of people is the king's honour but in the want of people is the destruction of the prince.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Ians is a victim It has nothing to do with his repeated bigotry or tasteless sex and death jokes regarding Christianity or that he was stalking on FB and found out a poster people were friends with died and took it upon himself to post that information here while accusing people of covering up a suicide.
And here is a nice example of that reality spinning now. This is the scenario you have created and repeatedly post to.

This may give you some comfort, but unless you can convince people that you are correct, it undermines your credibility. Bigot, stalker, and lately, victim - you forgot liar and coward.
Skombolis wrote:
The dude is in such denial and is so self-blind it is really something to behold
One of us is. Maybe this will help you understand why Annie demands that you back up your claims, but accepts mine.
Skombolis wrote:
He just a simple dissenter who people have unfairly targeted because they wish to silence him. The lies, bigotry, stalking, and disrespect have nothing to do with it
(Skom rolls eyes)
There you go - you remembered "liar" this time, and added disrespectful, too, although I don't deny my lack of respect for you or your church. Actually, the better term is outright contempt.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
LOL "Ians, I'm a coming buddy. I am sooooo sorry, I was in the bathroom!" ~Catcher stops to get his breath, fingers trembling at the realization how many seconds have passed 'Hey Skom, just because someone does something with one side and not the other doesn't mean anything!' Yeah, nice try kiss ass
And this is some of what makes you so contemptible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

A sound heart is the life of the flesh but envy the rottenness of the bones.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his maker but he that honoureth him hath mercy on the poor.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

The wicked is driven away in his wickedness but the righteous hath hope in his death.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Wisdom resteth in the heart of him that hath understanding but that which is in the midst of fools is made known.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Righteousness exalteth a nation but sin is a reproach to any people.
itsme

Wasilla, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

I'm not absolutely certain. But, I think Jesus loves you especially, because he is known to have a soft spot for chronic masturbators. God bless you.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
A sound heart is the life of the flesh but envy the rottenness of the bones.
"In America all too few blows are struck into flesh. We kill the spirit here, we are experts at that. We use psychic bullets and kill each other cell by cell."

~ Norman Mailer

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 536,041 - 536,060 of599,039
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

551 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Man To Man Combat 6 min PDX Dave 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Stilgar Fifrawi 719,979
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min atemcowboy 532,317
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min PetesFreedomTrain 114,945
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Dr_Zorderz 256,365
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min Lyndi 172,205
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 25 min Patrick 224,004
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr Thamizhan 4,467
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••