Location hidden

#559993 Jul 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>...
..?
.....?
OH
You mean like a package deal.
Just in case he wonders where all the duct tape goes.

I'm here to help when ever possible.
Ol Salt

Reddick, FL

#559994 Jul 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither of those is an accusation.
<quoted text>
She trusts me more than you two. She should.
<quoted text>
I admire her as well. BTW, you're shooting yourself in the foot again.
Annie??
You mean Junker??
You talking about Lady J??
ROFLMAO ...
You poor ignorant man.
Lol ...
Ol Salt

Reddick, FL

#559995 Jul 20, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Is she female?
~snicker~

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#559996 Jul 20, 2013
The heart knoweth his own bitterness and a stranger doth not intermeddle with his joy.

Location hidden

#559997 Jul 20, 2013
The house of wicked shall be overthrown but the tabernacle of the upright shall flourish.

Location hidden

#559998 Jul 20, 2013
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Location hidden

#559999 Jul 20, 2013
Even in laughter the heart is sorrowful; and the end of that mirth is heaviness.

Location hidden

#560000 Jul 20, 2013
The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.

Location hidden

#560001 Jul 20, 2013
The simple believeth every word; but the prudent man looketh well to his goings.

Location hidden

#560002 Jul 20, 2013
A wise man feareth and depareth from evil but the fool rageth and is confident.
itsme

Wasilla, AK

#560003 Jul 20, 2013
I don't know for certain. But I think Jesus loves you especially because he is known to have a soft spot for chronic mastabators. God bless you.

Location hidden

#560004 Jul 20, 2013
He that is soon angry dealeth foolishly and a man of wicked devices is hatred.

Location hidden

#560005 Jul 20, 2013
The simple inherit folly but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.

Location hidden

#560006 Jul 20, 2013
The evil bow before the good and the wicked at the gates of the righteous.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#560007 Jul 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant hick has to talk shit.
Hey river, I'm en route to Shanghai. Hot there now.
Hey Catcher, if you meet a dark haired dude named Zhang, steer clear. He's bad news. He owes me money. He hangs out with a girl named Cheng.

Wish I was there.

:-)

Location hidden

#560008 Jul 20, 2013
The poor is hated even of his own neighbor buth the rich hath many friends.

Location hidden

#560009 Jul 20, 2013
He that despiseth his neighbor sinneth; but he that hath mercy on the poor happy is he.

Location hidden

#560010 Jul 20, 2013
Do they not err that devise evil but mercy and truth shall be to them that devise good.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#560011 Jul 20, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Why did a doctor that wrote thousands of scripts for pain medication decide to start cutting off any patient that didn't follow his instructions? Surely you didn't start your practice with that policy in place. What necessitated the change?
Good question.

The policy of establishing boundaries with patients was always in place, but putting it on paper and having patients agree to it in writing was a practice that didn't emerge until the nineties. As a result, The American Academy of Pain Management published a position paper on the subject that you can read at http://naddi.org/aws/NADDI/asset_manager/get_... in which they advise physicians about the use of such pain contracts, as well as addressing some of the other emerging issues in the practice of pain medicine.

One of those relates to the proper understanding of what addiction is. Here the AAPM is helping to clarify an issue that you take pleasure in muddying in a self-serving effort to shift the blame for your addiction from yourself to your physician - the definition of addiction as a compulsive, self-destructive behavior not caused by the prescription of opioids:

"IV. Current information and experience suggest that many commonly held assumptions need modification. Addiction: Misunderstanding of addiction and mislabeling of patients as addicts result in unnecessary withholding of opioid medications. Addiction is a compulsive disorder in which an individual becomes preoccupied with obtaining and using a substance, the continued use of which results in a decreased quality of life. Studies indicate that the de novo development of addiction when opioids are used for the relief of pain is low."

At the time that statement was published, the profession was burdened by a general misunderstanding of what addiction is, which created an inappropriate barrier to physicians prescribing opioids for moderate to sever chronic pain.

As I have said repeatedly, pain medications don't cause addiction. The cause drug dependence, which is an independent phenomenon. Addiction doesn't require dependence, and dependence doesn't lead to addiction. Addictive behavior is a quality of the individual, not of the object of his compulsion, which need not be a drug at all. People can become addicted to shopping or sex.

And the overwhelming number of patients that take continuous opioid therapy long enough to develop dependence never engage in the compulsive, self-destructive behavior that characterizes addiction.

You think you benefit from resisting these ideas, so you do. It's how you are. You choose your preferred reality - in this case, how a doctor turned you into an addict - and doggedly promote it, just as you do your version of your crime, in which you depict yourself as a hero.

Location hidden

#560012 Jul 20, 2013
In all labour there is profit but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maslak Bosch Servis 299 15 34 2 min hangrup 1
YENIKÖY Bosch Servis 299 15 34 4 min hangrup 1
Bosch Servis TARABYAÜSTÜ 299 15 34 5 min hangrup 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 min sweets2360 441,439
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min It aint necessari... 750,722
Bosch SERVIS Tarabya 299 15 34 7 min hangrup 1
Bosch Servis FERAHEVLER 299 15 34 8 min hangrup 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Adam 230,011
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr bubba burpalot 261,681
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 548,705