“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#559876 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wow.
Lol
Take that to a bible college, why don't ya?
It's so full of errors and misconceptions I don't even wanna touch it.
Yeah, no rebuttal.

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#559877 Jul 19, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you're not a Christian? OMG! All this time I thought you were. Are you serious ??..
No I'm not, anymore. Not entirely sure I ever was. I'm awake and free. No religion for me.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#559878 Jul 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my previous remark that you don't know much about the Bible.
<face palm>
Oh, shu'up. All that blah blah blah that scar posted has been debated and debunked already.

You non-Christians just get your rocks off saying the same incorrect shit over and over again.

Location hidden

#559879 Jul 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*waits for an atheist to deny that*
*....and waits*
<quoted text>
Yeah, and I think you'd probably agree, that is a limited type of free will that humans can exercise.
Our immediate and current actions may not be the result of free will, like having to crossing terrain, physical limitations, or that we do have to eat and sleep, etc. But, reflecting on those actions and what we did once and what we had little choice in during that first encounter, and will do later, allows us to modify how we react to those relatively immutable aspects of physical existence we face. So I think we do have free will in that respect. But, no matter how we may choose to traverse or encounter something in the future, and even currently, if it's a mountain, for instance, we still have to cross it, or go around it, or dig a tunnel through it. We still must go from point A >to> point B, and that path may not be due to a choice of free will, but necessity alone, and unavoidable.
As far as the deity given "free will".
I don't think there is rational reason or logic that you can apply to a god concept that would create special beings with free will, and then; Restrict that free will by demanding we don't use it freely. Give us an inquisitive yearning for knowledge that is all around us, then punish us for using either of those things that the god placed there for us to choose from in the first place, by demanding our deaths, or, blind submission to the notion of - "These are the only types of free will that I approve of, have faith in this and follow my rules, or die"
IOW - The only type of free will you can accept is absolute free will to do whatever you want.

Guess what?

God already gave that to you.

If you are punished for knowingly doing something wrong, you'd still blame God.

Location hidden

#559880 Jul 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, no rebuttal.
Been there done that.

I don't wanna bother again.

I'll just point out your skeptic apologetics and you'll refute by pointing out my Christian apologetics.

What's the point?

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#559881 Jul 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
There are four "witnesses" that disagree. That makes sense.
The problem for Christianity since 350 AD is trying to make them all agree.
IMEO, the Gospel of Mark is the probably the most accurate, Matthew adds to the legend, Luke collects diverse tall tales and John simply piles it high and deep.
<quoted text>
I tend to think those discrepancies were left intact for the specific purpose of allowing conjecture and 'wiggling room" within, "interpretation".

Like a built in personal disclaimer system.

'WELL, LUKE SAYS..."

BUT REMEMBER, MATTHEW WROTE THIS..."

"THE VERSION BY MARK IS..."

The end result being that people can claim it's all about personal revelation.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#559882 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual
This is why you remain willfully ignorant.
ROFLMAO

Sure! I should have went to Bible College instead of Universities.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#559883 Jul 19, 2013
Christians like you just get your rocks off saying the same incorrect shit over and over again.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#559884 Jul 19, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm not, anymore. Not entirely sure I ever was. I'm awake and free. No religion for me.
.. WOW! Now you are free to walk the spiritual path of your choice ..

.. enjoy yourself !! be free !! walk proud !!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#559885 Jul 19, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that's pure golld.
Hey Lupy!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#559886 Jul 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that is what it was supposed to be. Sadly, "The Church" screwed THAT up.

Location hidden

#559888 Jul 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
There are four "witnesses" that disagree. That makes sense.
The problem for Christianity since 350 AD is trying to make them all agree.
IMEO, the Gospel of Mark is the probably the most accurate, Matthew adds to the legend, Luke collects diverse tall tales and John simply piles it high and deep.
<quoted text>
No problem for me. They all agree and always have. It is easy to make things look like they disagree just as scar just did. There is no contradiction and Jesus didn't lie. The things he said openly is what was explained to the disciples. No lie, and I bet if someone were to look up a few words it would give even more clarity. I keep hearing about all of these contradictions but am yet to see any. No, I can not explain Mary and Joseph going to Egypt. But that doesn't mean it can't be done. In fact I throw a possibility out right now. Mary and Joseph went to Egypt and the king or what ever died soon there after. They returned and finished out the things that were required with Jesus and then went there way. The key being going to Egypt before finishing and returning to finish. It is quite easy. If there is one possibility then it can not be claimed as a contradiction. I have been giving some of you guys to easy of a time as you are giving others a hard time. claiming things to facts that are not facts. Hope all is going well with you this evening G :)

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#559889 Jul 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It too would have died out if it hadn't been wholly paganized.
I agree, the Hellenization that had already begun to permeate Judaism was finally made accessible to the masses(pagans) when Christianity emerged on the scene.

Christianity contained elements that were acceptable to a broad range of religious belief systems at the time.

Rome gave it the final spit shine, and later enforced it, no less.

Location hidden

#559891 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there done that.
I don't wanna bother again.
I'll just point out your skeptic apologetics and you'll refute by pointing out my Christian apologetics.
What's the point?
In other words, you are deflecting, because you know you can not refute what was said.

Location hidden

#559892 Jul 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to think those discrepancies were left intact for the specific purpose of allowing conjecture and 'wiggling room" within, "interpretation".
Like a built in personal disclaimer system.
'WELL, LUKE SAYS..."
BUT REMEMBER, MATTHEW WROTE THIS..."
"THE VERSION BY MARK IS..."
The "makings" of a "perfect con".

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#559893 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW - The only type of free will you can accept is absolute free will to do whatever you want.
Guess what?
God already gave that to you.
If you are punished for knowingly doing something wrong, you'd still blame God.
No, those are your words, not my words.

You do that often.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#559894 Jul 19, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
HL jealous frick is in action with AAA deep inside of her hole without of bottom?
fart at your red huge alcoholic nose swollen by your friend dr Shrink farts?
.. the obscene world of a Christian psychotic ..

Location hidden

#559895 Jul 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*waits for an atheist to deny that*
*....and waits*
<quoted text>
Yeah, and I think you'd probably agree, that is a limited type of free will that humans can exercise.
Our immediate and current actions may not be the result of free will, like having to crossing terrain, physical limitations, or that we do have to eat and sleep, etc. But, reflecting on those actions and what we did once and what we had little choice in during that first encounter, and will do later, allows us to modify how we react to those relatively immutable aspects of physical existence we face. So I think we do have free will in that respect. But, no matter how we may choose to traverse or encounter something in the future, and even currently, if it's a mountain, for instance, we still have to cross it, or go around it, or dig a tunnel through it. We still must go from point A >to> point B, and that path may not be due to a choice of free will, but necessity alone, and unavoidable.
As far as the deity given "free will".
I don't think there is rational reason or logic that you can apply to a god concept that would create special beings with free will, and then; Restrict that free will by demanding we don't use it freely. Give us an inquisitive yearning for knowledge that is all around us, then punish us for using either of those things that the god placed there for us to choose from in the first place, by demanding our deaths, or, blind submission to the notion of - "These are the only types of free will that I approve of, have faith in this and follow my rules, or die"
We don't have free will. We have free choice. The consequences of our choices are what they are.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#559896 Jul 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
I've seen some BAD mushrooms in my day.

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/695/6...

Location hidden

#559898 Jul 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
Sure! I should have went to Bible College instead of Universities.
It'd help you understand the bible more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Khatru 743,979
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min WasteWater 260,207
The Great Big Holy Putdown!!!. 4 min Sammy 1
Do streakers get paid for entertaining ? 5 min PDX Dave 2
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Tim Osman 118,300
Messed Up Sex Stories (Aug '11) 10 min PDX Dave 4
Last Word + 2 12 min Kid_Tomorrow 833
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Mychihuahuawillbite 545,104
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lyndi 174,203
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 3 hr Hot Top 2020 979

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE