Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#559967 Jul 19, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I would agree with that. What do I personally think that verse means? It means exactly what it says. For a better understanding of it one must read what comes before and after. I recommend not going back to the beginning of the chapter but to the beginning of the story. The chapter and verse marks, I am pretty sure you already know, but they are there for a reference point. And in my opinion they can mislead the reader and distract from what was being said. In the book of John it was being discussed by Jesus that he was getting ready to leave them and he told them that they knew where he was going and that they knew the way. Thomas questioned that and said that they didn't know where he was going so how can they know the way. Jesus said unto him, I am the way the truth and the life. No man comes unto the father but by me. Jesus answered where he was going. To the father. And he answered as to the way. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Following this Jesus ties it together with the link between The Father, The son, and The Holy Spirit. All linking to the truth and the life. The way. Jesus. Just some of my thoughts on the matter.
What do you think of non trinitarian Christians?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#559968 Jul 19, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. You'd fall over n hirt yo self.
My chair is pretty sturdy.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#559969 Jul 19, 2013
Ol Salt wrote:
<quoted text>
But no one else can, that's your problem.
Are you the thread police?
Huh?
Thread police? lol.
Are you implying there is no conversations going on- because I am taking the
" floor" away from others?

Are you for real?
Or just mad at me?

Location hidden

#559970 Jul 19, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Just announcing it again, because even though I've been engaged for 5 months, I'm still excited about it as if it were yesterday.
:)
Treasure every moment.
Stay strong and true to who you are!

Congrats..

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#559972 Jul 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
My chair is pretty sturdy.
*helpless laughter*

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#559973 Jul 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think of non trinitarian Christians?
I don't know that there are only three aspects to God :)

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#559974 Jul 19, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree it does not negate our free choice. If my parents put a plate of spaghetti in front of me and a plate of cabbage in front of me. They would know what I would choose. But it would still be up to me to choose. Just because someone says it negates the possibility of free will (though freedom to choose is more accurate) doesn't in any way mean it is true. And in fact it isn't true.
But what if you choose the one that they thought you wouldn't? Would you be punished for it? What happens if you want to have a little of both?

Location hidden

#559975 Jul 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is why I admire you, Le_Le. You may actually believe in a god named Jesus, but you are still a decent human being and remain a member of the community of mankind. You won't swarm and sting with the hive, but challenge them, their doctrine, their behavior, their values, and their loyalties. You have refused to let that church decide who you will hate.
People like Skombolis despise you for that and for nothing else. There is nothing unlikeable about you, or to Skombolis, nothing else unlikeable. You are perceived by people like him as being in the same category as me. He tells you that you are a phony - not a real Christian - because you won't swarm with him and attack the "outsiders," which shows us that people like him actually define Christian by behavior rather than professed belief just like I do.
The church is the enemy of the rest of us because it indoctrinates what used to be our fellow human beings into its Borg-like body. In that sense, it is extremely divisive - a poison to society - and should be declaimed continually until it has vanished from view. There is still room for personal religion like yours and G_O_D's in that vision. Neither of you is a thrall for that vile church. Nobody should be. The faithful don't need it to remain faithful to their personal beliefs, and we will all be better off without it.
Thank you.. Again..
I do believe in Jesus Christ.. It is written on my heart.
There's just no way I could ever deny Him..

Yet, it's His followers that take extreme measures to control our world,..To say they hate because
God said this or that.. And so, therefore, they can rule and judge the rest of humankind??
Nope, I do not buy it, it's not what God wants.. And I do believe every single soul will not face
a hell in the afterlife..

Yes, the church is the enemy..always has been..

As usual, great post Ian's..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#559976 Jul 19, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!! And this clown expects people to believe he's a Christian.
scraping the bottom eh? you grasping at straws lol. were not you once a Christian? I dont think that writer gives a shite if you thinks he is a christian or not..why would he?

Location hidden

#559977 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see.
The way you see things is natural but the way others see it (especially if it differs from yours) is not natural.
Huh?
How is it that you can say homosexuality is natural but homophobia is not?
Is hydrophobia natural?
<quoted text>
I love it when people don't respond, but talk shit instead.
You're my bitch now. Deal with it.
What exactly does that mean?
" You 're my birth now. Deal with it."..- RR.

Curious what you are saying here RR.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#559978 Jul 19, 2013
Every wise woman builds her house but the foolish pluck it down with her hands.

Location hidden

#559979 Jul 19, 2013
He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the Lord but he that is perverse in his ways despiseth him.

Location hidden

#559980 Jul 19, 2013
In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride; but the lips of the wise shall preserve them.

Location hidden

#559981 Jul 19, 2013
Where no oxen are the crib is clean but much increase is by the strength of the ox.

Location hidden

#559982 Jul 19, 2013
A faithful witness will not lie but a false witness will utter lies.

Location hidden

#559983 Jul 19, 2013
A scorner seeketh wisdom and findeth it not but knowledge is easy unto him that understandeth.

Location hidden

#559984 Jul 19, 2013
Go from the presence of a foolish man when thou perceives not in him the lips of knowledge.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#559985 Jul 19, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> scraping the bottom eh?
When replying to RA and you, yes.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>were not you once a Christian?
No. Why would you think that?
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I dont think that writer gives a shite if you thinks he is a christian or not..why would he?
Didn't ask about his thoughts, did I? What makes you think I would care one way or the other?

Location hidden

#559986 Jul 19, 2013
The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way but the folly of fools is deceit.

Location hidden

#559987 Jul 19, 2013
Fools make a mock at sin; but among the righteous there is favour.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min River Tam 104,506
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 42 min Gabriel 981,182
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Phooey 672,894
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 1 hr Holy Child Jehova... 389
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Holy Child Jehova... 445,843
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,299
About Times and Laws 8 hr harvey plunkett 1
More from around the web