Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#559919 Jul 19, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I always say that freewill is an illusion.
Depending on exactly how you define freewill, it may not exist at all.
The "free" part, for sure, definitely doesn't belong. We have a will. I like to call our decision making process trained will.
Yeah.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#559920 Jul 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your point of view.
"What if" there were contradictions and errors ? Would that make any difference ?
To me it doesn't. It is my perception that "believers" spend far too much time "proving" the Bible than understanding who and what Jesus was.
I find that very sad.
The Bible is just a book. Jesus and God are far more than that book. Always were and always will be... at least that is how I see it.
:) Good Answer :) The message is the same and is unchanged. The first part of my life I never studied words, I studied the message. If I, try "proving", I do it for the fun of it. There is nothing to prove or disprove. It is what it is. I like solving things. So I often take the challenges, just because I can :) I like a good discussion. If it were any other topic than God I would take which ever side was loosing the discussion :)

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#559921 Jul 19, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes unto the father, but me.
I think it'd be more accurate to say:

"Someone who wasn't the Jesus! said that the Jesus! said; I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes unto the father, but me."

Regardless of that, what do you personally think that verse means?

Location hidden

#559922 Jul 19, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I always say that freewill is an illusion.
Depending on exactly how you define freewill, it may not exist at all.
The "free" part, for sure, definitely doesn't belong. We have a will. I like to call our decision making process trained will.
I like your thought.
Ol Salt

Howey In The Hills, FL

#559923 Jul 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a small time lawyer from lil ole Long Beach be needed for a trial in Shanghai?!
Oh, never mind. He's just a paralegal that "catches". The real attorneys need a playmate.
I figured he was a fluffer.

Location hidden

#559924 Jul 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It really doesn't matter to me and I don't get into the philosophical debate on freewill. I was just stating the "athiiest" arguement.
Yes, that is the argument. For me it is just a tangent that truly leads to no where. IMO. Besides, there are much better philosophical debates to have that really do cause a thinking person to think. Like if this string theory or strand theory, I don't remember the name right now, but if it were true in the sense of everything being connected, then could there be something in our human connection with everything, that is triggered by faith? Or perhaps faith is a connection to it all. If this should be true, then what Jesus said about if we have faith we can say unto this be thou removed and it would be. I know this is not accurate wording but the thought is there. Also for any readers, sorry if your offended by the run on sentence.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#559925 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
:) Good Answer :) The message is the same and is unchanged. The first part of my life I never studied words, I studied the message. If I, try "proving", I do it for the fun of it. There is nothing to prove or disprove. It is what it is. I like solving things. So I often take the challenges, just because I can :) I like a good discussion. If it were any other topic than God I would take which ever side was loosing the discussion :)
Understood.
I don;t argue my concept of God or Jesus. For all I know, I could be dead wrong.
I have no problem arguing the opinions of men and words in a book written by men.
Paul could be right, I could be just as right. Neither changes reality.

Location hidden

#559926 Jul 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"You can do anything you want as long as you are willing to suffer any consequences." Mr. Walleski 1970
:) I agree with Mr. Walleski on this one :)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#559927 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, that is the argument. For me it is just a tangent that truly leads to no where. IMO. Besides, there are much better philosophical debates to have that really do cause a thinking person to think. Like if this string theory or strand theory, I don't remember the name right now, but if it were true in the sense of everything being connected, then could there be something in our human connection with everything, that is triggered by faith? Or perhaps faith is a connection to it all. If this should be true, then what Jesus said about if we have faith we can say unto this be thou removed and it would be. I know this is not accurate wording but the thought is there. Also for any readers, sorry if your offended by the run on sentence.
I would use the word "spirituality" instead of "faith" but, yeah, I agree.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#559928 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't know if it is all transendable, but it would be in the 8th dimension. If you get there before me...let me know will ya?
Of course, if time is irrelevant there, there will be no means to transverse the obvious dilemma would there?

Location hidden

#559929 Jul 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it'd be more accurate to say:
"Someone who wasn't the Jesus! said that the Jesus! said; I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes unto the father, but me."
Regardless of that, what do you personally think that verse means?
LOL I would agree with that. What do I personally think that verse means? It means exactly what it says. For a better understanding of it one must read what comes before and after. I recommend not going back to the beginning of the chapter but to the beginning of the story. The chapter and verse marks, I am pretty sure you already know, but they are there for a reference point. And in my opinion they can mislead the reader and distract from what was being said. In the book of John it was being discussed by Jesus that he was getting ready to leave them and he told them that they knew where he was going and that they knew the way. Thomas questioned that and said that they didn't know where he was going so how can they know the way. Jesus said unto him, I am the way the truth and the life. No man comes unto the father but by me. Jesus answered where he was going. To the father. And he answered as to the way. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Following this Jesus ties it together with the link between The Father, The son, and The Holy Spirit. All linking to the truth and the life. The way. Jesus. Just some of my thoughts on the matter.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#559930 Jul 19, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
inside of your cabbage brain only lies are the truth
and are mixed with little s...from rabbits eating your poor brain everyday
are you suck his d...?
I wish, so frikken deprived I feel like thunder bolting some bodacious dude and dragging him into a cave. Can't be healthy to be this fooking repressed aye. Then, just for fun, we could turn you into a productive insect of some sort to help clean up this mess.:p

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#559931 Jul 19, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!! And this clown expects people to believe he's a "purfesir".
Quote: "I should have went to..."
What you should have done was pay attention during english class in junior high "purfesir".
Wow!!! And this clown expects people to believe he's a Christian.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#559932 Jul 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if it is all transendable, but it would be in the 8th dimension. If you get there before me...let me know will ya?
Of course, if time is irrelevant there, there will be no means to transverse the obvious dilemma would there?
I loike da wey u tink <3

Location hidden

#559933 Jul 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I would use the word "spirituality" instead of "faith" but, yeah, I agree.
I have to think on that. But I can see an understanding of spirituality where it would fit.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#559934 Jul 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything could be an illusion. There is no way to prove it isn't.
Elusive conducive delusions of imaginary illusions transfused with confusion to recreate fusion ? Not so hard to prove if one allows the expansion of systematic perfection = BRAIN

Gee whizz fizz nuts n bolts aye.

Location hidden

#559935 Jul 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW, I'm still working on the dilemma of going from time being relevant to a place where time is irrelevant. And now you have me thinking on the dilemma of reaching from the place where time is irrelevant to where time is relevant. And that opens many other doors of thought. Good one BT. I like your thinking :)

Location hidden

#559936 Jul 19, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Elusive conducive delusions of imaginary illusions transfused with confusion to recreate fusion ? Not so hard to prove if one allows the expansion of systematic perfection = BRAIN
Gee whizz fizz nuts n bolts aye.
Nice use of words :) Very creative :)

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#559937 Jul 19, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen some BAD mushrooms in my day.
http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/695/6...
Just wave back.
http://www.mushroomexpert.com/images/contrib/...
http://www.mushroomexpert.com/xylaria_polymor...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#559938 Jul 19, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
I loike da wey u tink <3
But will you still love me in the morn'n?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Gods r Delusions ... 650,442
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min new ideas 44,971
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Buck Crick 56,099
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Hangman 971,829
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 25 min ChristineM 445,931
Incest Lesbian Pedo Sex Snapchat (Oct '14) 39 min Heibdjcbf 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 57 min bad bob 182,948
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 9 hr kobechi3 71
More from around the web