Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather attempt to hurriedly saw off my leg with a rusty hacksaw in the middle of a desert while chained to a car leaking gasoline that was slowly running towards an open flame.
Awww, so you no longer think I'm cygnine? Boo hoo, I'm all tore up about that, doc.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon Skom, you can do better than that.
Fair enough

My first reaction was to bring up a 'what's good for the goose..." defense. But I took a minute to think about it and decided two things:

1) I respect that you said something to me

2) I have been pretty ticked at the lack of humanity I have seen on Topix. Not just this latest thing with YellowDog although that really bothers me, but the overall atmosphere that seems to be moving the unwritten lines of civility more and more each day. It has made it easier and more tempting and feels more excusable to get nasty. That now even real life and Topix boundaries aren't being honored it makes it feel more like a real fight and not just Topix needling.

Anyway, at the end of the day I don't answer for what anyone else does, I answer for what I do. And I am not going to let this place be the poison to me I have allowed it to be. Part of me feels like someone should get punched in the face for some of the things that have been said and done. It is hard for me to feel like pain caused to others has gone without payback. But nothing said on here will change anything or make anything better. Its like hitting a wall. All you do is hurt your hand

It may be time to leave this place. But it is definitely time to put an end to letting it affect my joy. The world simply is what it is. And I am not going to lie to myself and tell myself getting in the mud is making it better
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Market a G_O_D Doll. When you pull the string it bioch-slaps a Paul Doll and says "Get behind me, Satan!" .
:)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. And your words prove you don't even stand on that.....
I don't pretend to be perfect.

That is your and Satan's schtik.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
....Calling another person a disease might be the most vile thing I've been witness to on topix.....
Agreed!
That is why I hate hate filled homophobes like you.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Tonto wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do gay people need help?
Because so many Christians hate them.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Covert Stealth Op wrote:
<quoted text>Then I guess you do not know Kaitlin very well. She was banned for stalking, but got her account back.......
I don't know why she got banned but she admits she was banned; unlike your coven member RA.

GFY

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Covert Stealth Op wrote:
<quoted text>That is a general question. Certainly anyone who is prone to suicide and contemplate it needs help and that is true of 91% of gays. So, should she have said 91% of gays need help. Some 95% of gays admit to having gone through some type of traumatic childhood abuse, so should she have said 95% of gays need help. Over 80% of all AIDS cases are gays, so should she have said 80% of the AIDS gay patients need help.
Finally, since gays are asking for our help to grant them same sex marriage, it can even be said that gays need help with that.
Did I clear things up, or do you need help?
WoW! You are just full of lies.

90% of gays commit suicide ?

ROFLMAO

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I chose not to because the postings were mainly hate debates about gays and those who do not accept gays as being accepted by GOD. Not my topic at all.
It is your group that has come in here and continually bring up the subject of homosexuality, as if there is nothing more important than that in the world, selfishly bringing this forum to a low level of subject matter that has nothing to do with what this forum is really about.
Do you have animals, Lacez? Do you own a Airesdale scottish terrior? Just trying out the A list, and giving you a hint about other things to discuss.
The intent is what I take issue with as well

I would never suggest someone doesn't have a right to stand up for themselves or to object when they witness something they disapprove of. But what has gone on here has has been nothing more than an agenda

Lacez didn't share he was gay because he was opening up to someone or because someone said something and he decided to speak up. From the moment he got here it has been a group effort to get a fight going about the issue of homosexuality. Demanding people admit how they feel or be labeled a bigot. Trying to get friends fighting. disparaging Christians and Christianity as dirty as possible knowing it can cause someone to lash out back with the information they have.

People want to talk about Mary getting raped and a dead Jew on a stick and use every bigoted and vile insult they can muster to get a reaction and then play the victim card when they got the reaction they so desperately wanted and went out of their way to provoke? Nah, that isn't how things work

They didn't come here to talk. They didn't come here to debate. They certainly did come here to make friends. A room they previously where in that was as big as this one is one they drove into the ground. All that remained was a few trolls talking to each other and that bored the crap out of them. You rarely see them interact with each other unless it is in furtherance of a fight with someone else. So they came here, hoping to find a new place to do it all over again. They don't have anything better to do

It is what it is

Some people, a select few people, try to engage in normal conversations here and there too. To talk about things and even make some friends. sure they may get involved in the "sides" like anyone else but it isn't their mission. Those people are fine. The rest? Well people who are retired and on the Internet using words like "butt-hurt", the Internet is not used for the the same reasons this room was started

Again, it is what it is. It isn't changing. They don't want it to change. As Micah would say;

sad that

(T) Peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Edit:

They did NOT come here to make friends

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean you can be a better person here (we all need help in that respect).
I meant you are capable of more interesting and funny come backs.

Your points are well taken though.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough
My first reaction was to bring up a 'what's good for the goose..." defense. But I took a minute to think about it and decided two things:
1) I respect that you said something to me
2) I have been pretty ticked at the lack of humanity I have seen on Topix. Not just this latest thing with YellowDog although that really bothers me, but the overall atmosphere that seems to be moving the unwritten lines of civility more and more each day. It has made it easier and more tempting and feels more excusable to get nasty. That now even real life and Topix boundaries aren't being honored it makes it feel more like a real fight and not just Topix needling.
Anyway, at the end of the day I don't answer for what anyone else does, I answer for what I do. And I am not going to let this place be the poison to me I have allowed it to be. Part of me feels like someone should get punched in the face for some of the things that have been said and done. It is hard for me to feel like pain caused to others has gone without payback. But nothing said on here will change anything or make anything better. Its like hitting a wall. All you do is hurt your hand
It may be time to leave this place. But it is definitely time to put an end to letting it affect my joy. The world simply is what it is. And I am not going to lie to myself and tell myself getting in the mud is making it better
<quoted text>

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Covert Stealth Op wrote:
<quoted text>If someone told a person born with Down's Syndrome or who had AIDS that they were working on a cure so they could be normal, would you consider that a lack of compassion?
It seems that the lack of compassion is an AnnieJ perception. It is hard for me to believe that you would lie about what is normal.
If the chances are that this person is suicidal and feeling trapped about his homosexual urges and wants to be cured, but the LGBT politypes are telling him "no", then perhaps the LGBT politypes and you are the ones who lack compassion for those with gay urges who see them as similar to drug urges. Got it.
I actually agree with you on this point.

If some does not like their "gender/sexual identity" they should be allowed to make the choice to be what ever makes them happy.

Note though, that sword swings both ways.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Edit:
They did NOT come here to make friends
I did and have.

Perhaps we get what we want after all.

<hug>

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
The intent is what I take issue with as well

(T) Peace
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough

Two good posts.........

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I get that a lot from the rejects. There have been a few who went so far as insinuating that I was holding out for money. One guy was like, "What? Do you charge? How much would it take?", with a sneer on his face. Some guys feel the need to demean a woman with the prostitute slur in retaliation for the rejection. They don't get it that we don't want to date or screw every guy we meet. It's classic hypocrisy in action, i.e., if you do "do" them you're ok until you break up with them...then you're a slut and if you don't do them you're a whore. How the heck can there be any nice "unslutty" girls in the world when every guy thinks every girl he wants to be with should screw him? We can't sleep with *everybody* and be "nice". Guys need to get that and stop being hateful about a little "no". It's not like there aren't millions of other women around to choose from.
Sorry about the near rant but the nonsense on here reminded me of some encounters that turned nasty.
What a life you have led.

You should write a book.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean you can be a better person here (we all need help in that respect).
I meant you are capable of more interesting and funny come backs.
Your points are well taken though.
<quoted text>
I did not realize you were just talking the creative aspect.

I could have saved myself some posting:)

Hey, they can't all be gems, LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Two good posts.........
Thanks

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I get that a lot from the rejects. There have been a few who went so far as insinuating that I was holding out for money. One guy was like, "What? Do you charge? How much would it take?", with a sneer on his face. Some guys feel the need to demean a woman with the prostitute slur in retaliation for the rejection. They don't get it that we don't want to date or screw every guy we meet. It's classic hypocrisy in action, i.e., if you do "do" them you're ok until you break up with them...then you're a slut and if you don't do them you're a whore. How the heck can there be any nice "unslutty" girls in the world when every guy thinks every girl he wants to be with should screw him? We can't sleep with *everybody* and be "nice". Guys need to get that and stop being hateful about a little "no". It's not like there aren't millions of other women around to choose from.
Sorry about the near rant but the nonsense on here reminded me of some encounters that turned nasty.
cool story brah...tell it again, do it in your female persona this time, that was a bit 'man'ish'.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I did and have.
Perhaps we get what we want after all.
<hug>
I am never grouping people just by who is not a Christian

And even though some people came here and got others to come here looking to fight, some have come simply out of curiosity. So I am not even grouping people that came from Prove There Is A God

River Tam and Riverside Redneck are two pretty different posters as far as beliefs and friends and I enjoy both a great deal. Tam, to me anyway, is one of those people you don't come across very often and if you get the opportunity to be let in even a little, it should be snagged up in a heartbeat. If it wasn't for the opportunity to interact with people I thoroughly enjoy, this place would never be worth it. To come here just to flame back and forth with anonymous adults, no way. I could go to a million different websites to do that if i wanted. It is pointless. Will I engage is fights? Silly rhetorical. But they aren't my goal. And people would be hard-pressed to find ones I started. If someone isn't insulting me, friends, or my beliefs then I will extend the same courtesy. Although once the gauntlet has been thrown, its a whole new ballgame

Anyway, I consider us friends

One more reason why I do post

(T) Peace

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not realize you were just talking the creative aspect.
I could have saved myself some posting:)
Hey, they can't all be gems, LOL
Your post was very good. Made me look at myself.

I can do better.

<smile>

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I am never grouping people just by who is not a Christian
And even though some people came here and got others to come here looking to fight, some have come simply out of curiosity. So I am not even grouping people that came from Prove There Is A God
River Tam and Riverside Redneck are two pretty different posters as far as beliefs and friends and I enjoy both a great deal. Tam, to me anyway, is one of those people you don't come across very often and if you get the opportunity to be let in even a little, it should be snagged up in a heartbeat. If it wasn't for the opportunity to interact with people I thoroughly enjoy, this place would never be worth it. To come here just to flame back and forth with anonymous adults, no way. I could go to a million different websites to do that if i wanted. It is pointless. Will I engage is fights? Silly rhetorical. But they aren't my goal. And people would be hard-pressed to find ones I started. If someone isn't insulting me, friends, or my beliefs then I will extend the same courtesy. Although once the gauntlet has been thrown, its a whole new ballgame
Anyway, I consider us friends
One more reason why I do post
(T) Peace
Ditto to all the above.

Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 535,481 - 535,500 of599,023
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

400 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min Hidingfromyou 93,652
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS 719,856
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 6 min Ganesh 485
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min truth 532,258
Is homosexuality an ABOMINATION?? 16 min andet1987 7
IndiaHomes Review: Gurgaon, the city with Ever ... 17 min Himani Manocha 9
Last Word + 2 22 min andet1987 15
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Dalit Trolls Fixers 114,935
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 256,338
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace1 172,192
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••