|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
I haven't seen Weekend at Bernie's in ages.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
I've never seen that. Is that Andrew McCarthy?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
I've never seen that. Is that Andrew McCarthy?
It is.

It's probably not worth watching. I only value it for nostalgia.

I'm in the mood to watch The Princess Bride. Now that has more value than just nostalgia.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Peace Warrior. I'm not everyone, but I'm someone :) So I'll answer :) May your day be blessed and all those around you :)
<quoted text>
Hello Peace Warrior :) Indeed, if no 5) then, well played :) There was much truth to be found in the posts by Andrew. I looked forward to reading them. The whole thing regarding Andrew is not an issue to me. I did not know him personally. I had noticed some things but let them pass because they are not an issue to me. Some telling comments were made. I find it funny how those who present an image of themselves as being of superior intelligence, yet slip up on such simple things :)
My battles are not with any on this thread or on the internet. There are many battles that I must fight. This is not one of them :)
I hope your day is wonderful Peace Warrior :)
Hello my friend... If battles were in here it would be a very small world. But I do thank those in here for the things I have learned...
… ie of what is on their minds.
For this I have never encountered before.

I have known many folk who don't believe me – personally – and that has always been dealt within in a manner of 'carry one and don't look back' when I know I am sharing a real experience.
Any who have separated themselves from me because of, have in truth cut themselves off...
… the end result being a sacrifice we have had to make.

I believe the words of Jesus are very true because they come true in life... and like a child... I still carry them through literally.
Many mock or analyse some seemingly hard or ridiculous Biblical quotations... in essence I have found just how real they are.
But the result of this too is another story.
… because of this there are few who can share the same experiences to speak of.
Yet the sacrifice which is ourselves and whatever we might have done in life had we not stuck to following Jesus, becomes a journey to sing about.
… and where are they who can understand that song ?
The song of a child who believes 100% that all things really are possible to those who love Him.

Revelation 15:3
3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. 4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of live in a lightening spot too, we've lost 5 huge trees in the past few years within a block area of my home, our own beautiful Elm has lost two major limbs -- I tell ya when we hear a crack we duck LOL.
Your Crickett sounds so adorable -- GOoD to hear from you and yes we are fine here --my best to you and yours too --
TLC - Jute
Seems like this summer been one storm after another rolling thru here. Again tonight our tv is announcing severe storm warnings for this state. I shut down all the electric when the lightning gets too sharp to save the appliances from being destroyed. Now you want talk pop and duck,lightning out here sometimes hits those transformers. It manages to get everyone attention and sure messes up the business of electrical systems. When it get too sharp I just go portable until the storm passes. But the weather is ever changing much like the world affairs.

Hope all the family is doing good. Everyone out here doing fine.
God bless.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You were the one who came here with a purpose IANS and you didn't give me hell for it. You might think you did, but I still think your intentions were deplorable and will continue to do so. AnnieJ most often disagrees with what I say, and probably always will, and so does Le Le, but if it was someone jumping into another forum, acting like a troll, as you are in here, they would give you a hard time.
Latent hatred in Christians ~ you are the one who came here to blast us, and you call us hating? LOL...... I guess we need examples of bigotry to use, and you are almost taking the cake!!!
IANS is stating his beliefs on an open forum.. A debate forum, one could call it.
This thread is now- and never has been your's or anyone else's..
Why you can't understand that truth is beyond me..

Anyone can join this thread any time they wish to..
There was a time I liked reading your posts.. I hardly ever read you anymore. Maybe through
A reply of someone' s , but rarely..

You crave attention, belittle as much as you call others out on it and far as you calling RT spoiled..
(Re: your engage w her concerning her grandmother..)
Ummm. You fit that description pretty well yourself..spoiled --hopefully not rotten..

Your remarks on CS's passing, are blowing my mind..
You should be ashamed!
But you won't be, self righteousness dictates your words..huh?

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

@ B/man Carried forward.
So... I revert to a language that maybe believers can identify with. The Bible. And find them in the words I had looked up especially for Andrew in what I hoped was closer to his language...
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
May the shalom and simcah of Av Yahweh be upon you, the Father of Avraham, Yitzak and Israel. May the gleam in His eye guide your steps into prosperity all the time surrounded by His love and may His wisdom, knowledge and understanding set your feet upon the rock, removed from standing on small stones and sand.
Andrew (Counter_Strike).
This has to be the most beautiful Blessing anyone on this planet has ever given me.
Nothing I could ever say to you in 'your language' could ever come close.
But His Love is returned to you Brother, and thank you.
I salute you.

… and this was the song added on to a post he did not receive, when I sensed something was wrong.

HISGALUS 15:3
3 And they sing the Shir of Moshe [Rabbeinu], the eved Hashem, and the Shir of the SEH (Lamb, SHEMOT 12:3; YESHAYAH 53:7 Moshiach), saying, "Great and marvelous are your ma'asim (works), Hashem Adonoi Tzva'ot; Tzedek (Righteousness) and Emes (Truth) are your derakhim (ways, paths), MeLech kol HaGoyim (King of all the Nations).
^^^

Blessings B/man... and thank you for sharing what you have. It's just how things have panned out today, while we wait also for news re my husband's mum. She is fading while I wait in the wings for them to be together.

Makes me think of how  Nelson Mandela is hanging onto life also. The news has the media on a death watch. I have known the paparazzi there like a swarm of bees for over a year. They can be hungry and twist truth right out of context if it means a sell...

Take Care my friend. Hope we can catch up again, but not sure about today.
God Bless you all ways.:)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I was..
Thank you.
Many many many of the Christians posting here, have appointed themselves
Their very own gods..
They have no idea what has been written on my heart, and they never will..
I listened to a Rabbi explain how we are "gods" or "godlike" and how we are a "reflection" of God.

It was very interesting and I won't go into depth here.

Suffice it to say that I believe we are all Gods. Some good, some bad, most somewhere in the middle.
We all have a potential to be "Good Gods" but it takes work. We can create or destroy. The choice is ours as individuals and called "freewill".

"Choose wisely my friend!"

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people call me River, Bernie. It's not my real name. Some here know what it is but you won't find it in the public forums. There is a reason for that.
I have been called Pond Scum on other threads. Usually, when I get done with them, they're called River Pwnd.
Well hello River :) River Pond is from Dr. Who. I might have it spelled wrong :) I wouldn't call you scum. I think I would call you humorous :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Standing up for him how?
He had hateful views and already had enough people supporting them, like Rider, RA, Lawlest, and so on.
In what way would you need to stand up for him?
The only thing people criticized him for were his horrible views.
He still didn't deserve to die or anything, but I'm going to tell it like it is, not coddle people's memories of him just because he passed away.
Hi Lacez..

I know CS responded to one ..maybe two posts of mine.. I never replied to him, and never
Posted to him.
His views reminded me too much of the "doctors" in the house..
I didn't care for his message and never read through many of his posts .. Maybe gleaned
To try and find hope in him. But, never did..
Never wished any harm to him.. Just didn't want any conversation w him.

I wonder why Serah has chosen to be a victim of a group of people new to this thread-
Regarding her relationship w CS..
And I can't help but wonder how she comes to the conclusion CS was a victim by any
On this thread..
He posted the way he wanted to..He very much needed a rebuttal in his thought process
On topix..

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It is.
It's probably not worth watching. I only value it for nostalgia.
I'm in the mood to watch The Princess Bride. Now that has more value than just nostalgia.
A princess, a villain, a giant, a man with a mask dressed in black and...Mandy Patinkin.

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to be serenaded."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I listened to a Rabbi explain how we are "gods" or "godlike" and how we are a "reflection" of God.
It was very interesting and I won't go into depth here.
Suffice it to say that I believe we are all Gods. Some good, some bad, most somewhere in the middle.
We all have a potential to be "Good Gods" but it takes work. We can create or destroy. The choice is ours as individuals and called "freewill".
"Choose wisely my friend!"
:)
Deep..

By "gods"... I mean thinking the right to stand in judgement of another's soul.. Their destiny..

I believe there is not one perfect soul.. All fall short, there's just no way not to..it's called
-Being human.

Even a "Good god" can't carry the human weight of being God.

I will strive to be my best to humankind..and to Choose wisely..
Not afraid of tomorrow or what may be after I leave this life..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS isn't the only one who calls you Bernie, Mr. Not Bernie. In fact, River just did.
LOL I think you have a misunderstanding. Others call me Bernie, this is true, but not the point. The point is IANS hasn't been calling others by the names that have been shared on this thread. And when IANS indicated by listing several names that have been shared on this thread. And indicated that by these names being shared on this thread, those who shared these names on this thread are responsible for information that is not on this thread being available. Since my name is not Bernie, it is just a name I am called, there is no information made available by the use of that name. A person would have to have my name to get information. Though my name and information that could be gathered from it is not the issue. The issue is the claim that he was able to go to Andrews FB page simply by knowing that his first name was Andrew and that there was a group he was part of on FB. Andrews FB page was not under the name Andrew by itself. So the name Andrew by itself would not give him that access. The group on FB has a name and you have to have an invitation to become a member. So knowing that there was a group on FB that a guy whose first name was Andrew would also not give him access to Andrews information. So only having a first name and having knowledge of a group that has not been named leads to the conclusion that IANS claim to have gotten this information from the use of these two pieces of information is BS, in my opinion :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
It means exactly what it says. But I believe in groundhogs day (loosely) and eventually we get through that narrow gate..........
Everyone?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
A princess, a villain, a giant, a man with a mask dressed in black and...Mandy Patinkin.
"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to be serenaded."
Does he sing Danny Boy?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
@ B/man Carried forward.
So... I revert to a language that maybe believers can identify with. The Bible. And find them in the words I had looked up especially for Andrew in what I hoped was closer to his language...
<quoted text>.
This has to be the most beautiful Blessing anyone on this planet has ever given me.
Nothing I could ever say to you in 'your language' could ever come close.
But His Love is returned to you Brother, and thank you.
I salute you.
… and this was the song added on to a post he did not receive, when I sensed something was wrong.
HISGALUS 15:3
3 And they sing the Shir of Moshe [Rabbeinu], the eved Hashem, and the Shir of the SEH (Lamb, SHEMOT 12:3; YESHAYAH 53:7 Moshiach), saying, "Great and marvelous are your ma'asim (works), Hashem Adonoi Tzva'ot; Tzedek (Righteousness) and Emes (Truth) are your derakhim (ways, paths), MeLech kol HaGoyim (King of all the Nations).
^^^
Blessings B/man... and thank you for sharing what you have. It's just how things have panned out today, while we wait also for news re my husband's mum. She is fading while I wait in the wings for them to be together.
Makes me think of how  Nelson Mandela is hanging onto life also. The news has the media on a death watch. I have known the paparazzi there like a swarm of bees for over a year. They can be hungry and twist truth right out of context if it means a sell...
Take Care my friend. Hope we can catch up again, but not sure about today.
God Bless you all ways.:)
Hello Peace Warrior, I agree. The Media here is also watching in regards to Nelson Mandela. I do not know much about him but what I have heard it seems another of the good man is coming to the end of this part of his journey. And will be greatly missed.
Have a great day Peace Warrior and be blessed, for you are :)
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone?
Only a FOOL would believe that everyone will be saved in the end. Here's PROOF that's not...REALITY: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"We" seem to be the one's catching the brass ring.
Enjoy the spinning tea cups. I don't, they make me dizzy.
I remember the Merry-Go-Round at the Barnum Festival when I was a child. I can almost hear the Calliope and feel my sister's hand as we stood in line to ride....
Nice memories!!

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Well hello River :) River Pond is from Dr. Who. I might have it spelled wrong :) I wouldn't call you scum. I think I would call you humorous :)
I understand more than most people think I do.

Remember, BMB, I'm the youngest one here. I have to work much harder to show people that I'm their equal. I know my audience. I have to. I have no idea what it was like when you were young but I grew up with the Internet and I was left to my own devices a lot.

I like people. That's why I'm here. If I can make you smile, then it's worth it to me. But, even though I know my audience, I don't know everything and sometimes I go too far and sometimes I fall short.

Falling short:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that more and more Christians will come to see the wisdom of that advice over time. They'll simply get tired of being contradicted and ridiculed, which will intensify over the next few decades as our numbers and our confidence in contradicting the church swell.
And that's how it should be. Religion should be a private matter like ones sex life and ones financial situation. And that's all anybody is entitled to anyway - private faith and devotion. There is no right to take it to the streets ridicule-free.
Hope you aren't getting the heat because of the post ( you are referring to here)of me recommending the people wanting to
Post w like minded people, should find a private forum..

Looks like they have though??
Yet, for some reason also enjoy "the dance" .. So they return here to wsjlm..
And take on roles of online martyrs..
lol..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 534,041 - 534,060 of598,704
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

574 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min USA Born 529,682
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Charlie Sheen 255,579
Being Gay is not wrong! (Mar '07) 6 min yon 143
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min dirty white boy- 715,910
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 10 min WasteWater 3,861
People in pain in Youngstown, Ohio 31 min yourmomma501 1
Who shops online for their electronic accessori... 32 min TekUniverse 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 44 min RiccardoFire 93,139
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr Ava 58
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••