“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#557770 Jul 14, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Evening jute;
I just now coming in from a along day, sometimes the nights get even longer for me theses days. Hoping this note you shall find amoung the many post. Hope you and family are doing good too.
Cricket is a what I call a pocket puppy. She is about as big as a bar of soap. She is black with two white boots on the front paws only with a hair pin curl tail. She is very tiny lil bundle of loving. She fast as a steak of lighting on those fours lol. She is going to be good for my honey and he for her. He been teaching her to play ball. He is a baby lover anyway. She will only grow to the size of a tea cup.
Had a freak storm hit out here a few days ago in New Mexico two feet of hail hit one town with in minutes that were golf ball size.
Thunder and lightning storms have been coming in on regular bases too. I just shut down my pc and wait for them to pass. On our local news here announced people were out photo the lightning as they called it the lightning show. Good grief common sense went bye bye cause that lightning is dangerous.
Give my best to all your family,take care,stay safe. God bless.
I kind of live in a lightening spot too, we've lost 5 huge trees in the past few years within a block area of my home, our own beautiful Elm has lost two major limbs -- I tell ya when we hear a crack we duck LOL.

Your Crickett sounds so adorable -- GOoD to hear from you and yes we are fine here --my best to you and yours too --

TLC - Jute

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#557771 Jul 14, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> Hi JUDY!! Looks like we are on the same page as usual..I decided to come back..Limited time... Hope all is well with you.. SURE nice to see you again,sister..In FB i stay on my own page mostly..Not much time to socialize anymore.. Thats the way it is.. I Love you too..
We are but a click away my friend always --

TLC - Judy

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#557772 Jul 14, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>The selection of course was from the Sermon On The Mount, ostensibly Jesus' single longest "sermon". Scholarly consensus holds that it's probably more likley a collection of Jesus' sayings, rather than a single sermon. That makes sense, because if read as sermon, it's rather disjointed, with passages not really leading smoothly one to the next, as a proper "sermon" would be.
But as it is, it still contains some of the most beloved and quoted verses of Jesus' ministry. And I would have anyone notice, that, spanning three chapters, it still says not a word about exclusivity of belief. Here Jesus has 5000 people listening, not even counting women and children, people who may hear him this once and never again, and he says nothing close to, "Believe and be saved, disbelieve and be damned."
In Matthew 25, Jesus speaks of the final reckoning, of the sorting of the Sheep and the Goats. Not a word about exclusivity, it's all about how one lived, what one did with one's blessings. Many who merely "say the right thing", will still be turned away. Likewise in his lesson to Nicodemus. The man earnestly asks him straight up, "What must I do to be saved?" Jesus is touched to the heart about the man's sincerity. He answers him with love, but says nothing about "believe in me". Over and over again, examples may be found of Jesus teaching about right living and the rewards thereof, and nothing about exclusivity.
Yet they are there, these verses of "belief" sprinkled throughout, that's undeniable. I don't pretend to know for certain just why he seems to says one thing here and another there, but a smattering of knowledge about the origins of "orthodoxy" provides a clue, I think.
There were many sects sprung up following Jesus' death. This is historical fact. Someone may have felt it necessary to provide a sorting tool of their own, so that we might know "them" from "us". It's human nature to do so. A student of human nature might also know that the simple, who can't quite grasp the totality of a complex and mysterious set of teachings, will easily latch onto verses that state unequivocally what one "must do", and run with it, at the expense of all the other, harder teachings. If one's goal is primarily to increase the earthly flock, then it's indispensable to provide the masses with these "Easy Buttons". It should be no surprise that those who cling to and repeat these verses most vociferously, without seeming awareness of the balancing tensions present in the teachings as a whole, also tend to be rigid and dogmatic personalities in general.
I think it's obvious that a just God would make provision for all his children, not just those that murmur the "correct" creed. Creeds are a human thing - a secret club handshake, as it were. Man's fingerprints can be found all over the sacred writings. The lifelong task is striving to discern what is human and what is divine, and actualize it in one's life.
Peace, I say!
;)
HipG
Thanks HipG..
Very, very nice!
You have a gift..

I am amazed that because I believe, in my heart , not one will perish for eternity-
I am considered an enemy to the "good Christains"..

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#557773 Jul 14, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed Granny. Yes, it makes you thankful for time as none of us know how much we have. You've done much to share your faith and wanted to just offer my thanks. Its not much but its meant much to me. No, have not heard from Ed in a long time. God bless. Love
So glad I've attempted to muddle my way back thru some pages -- my computer keeps jumping around like a trampoline --

Chris I'm so thankful for the endearing friendships I've made here, and we go back a long way -- back when my pathway was so blessed to have found it's way here.

And the super part is -- it is eternal my friend ---- this is just the stepping stone to the unmovable rock that has built our foundation.

Blessings to you and Janice always -- TLC - Judy

Location hidden

#557774 Jul 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You born a child of God. Just like everyone else.
No one can take that from you.
However, one can sell their birthright for a mess of pottage.
Many have.
Yes, I was..
Thank you.

Many many many of the Christians posting here, have appointed themselves
Their very own gods..
They have no idea what has been written on my heart, and they never will..

“Merry Yuletide”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#557775 Jul 14, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7kfhd8-swEYXX
:)
Brings back memories, that one. LOL

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#557776 Jul 14, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
I haven't seen Weekend at Bernie's in ages.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YCTgcZ6ImsQXX
I've never seen that. Is that Andrew McCarthy?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#557777 Jul 14, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I've never seen that. Is that Andrew McCarthy?
It is.

It's probably not worth watching. I only value it for nostalgia.

I'm in the mood to watch The Princess Bride. Now that has more value than just nostalgia.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#557778 Jul 14, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Peace Warrior. I'm not everyone, but I'm someone :) So I'll answer :) May your day be blessed and all those around you :)
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Peace Warrior :) Indeed, if no 5) then, well played :) There was much truth to be found in the posts by Andrew. I looked forward to reading them. The whole thing regarding Andrew is not an issue to me. I did not know him personally. I had noticed some things but let them pass because they are not an issue to me. Some telling comments were made. I find it funny how those who present an image of themselves as being of superior intelligence, yet slip up on such simple things :)
My battles are not with any on this thread or on the internet. There are many battles that I must fight. This is not one of them :)
I hope your day is wonderful Peace Warrior :)
Hello my friend... If battles were in here it would be a very small world. But I do thank those in here for the things I have learned...
… ie of what is on their minds.
For this I have never encountered before.

I have known many folk who don't believe me – personally – and that has always been dealt within in a manner of 'carry one and don't look back' when I know I am sharing a real experience.
Any who have separated themselves from me because of, have in truth cut themselves off...
… the end result being a sacrifice we have had to make.

I believe the words of Jesus are very true because they come true in life... and like a child... I still carry them through literally.
Many mock or analyse some seemingly hard or ridiculous Biblical quotations... in essence I have found just how real they are.
But the result of this too is another story.
… because of this there are few who can share the same experiences to speak of.
Yet the sacrifice which is ourselves and whatever we might have done in life had we not stuck to following Jesus, becomes a journey to sing about.
… and where are they who can understand that song ?
The song of a child who believes 100% that all things really are possible to those who love Him.

Revelation 15:3
3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. 4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#557779 Jul 14, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of live in a lightening spot too, we've lost 5 huge trees in the past few years within a block area of my home, our own beautiful Elm has lost two major limbs -- I tell ya when we hear a crack we duck LOL.
Your Crickett sounds so adorable -- GOoD to hear from you and yes we are fine here --my best to you and yours too --
TLC - Jute
Seems like this summer been one storm after another rolling thru here. Again tonight our tv is announcing severe storm warnings for this state. I shut down all the electric when the lightning gets too sharp to save the appliances from being destroyed. Now you want talk pop and duck,lightning out here sometimes hits those transformers. It manages to get everyone attention and sure messes up the business of electrical systems. When it get too sharp I just go portable until the storm passes. But the weather is ever changing much like the world affairs.

Hope all the family is doing good. Everyone out here doing fine.
God bless.

Location hidden

#557780 Jul 14, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You were the one who came here with a purpose IANS and you didn't give me hell for it. You might think you did, but I still think your intentions were deplorable and will continue to do so. AnnieJ most often disagrees with what I say, and probably always will, and so does Le Le, but if it was someone jumping into another forum, acting like a troll, as you are in here, they would give you a hard time.
Latent hatred in Christians ~ you are the one who came here to blast us, and you call us hating? LOL...... I guess we need examples of bigotry to use, and you are almost taking the cake!!!
IANS is stating his beliefs on an open forum.. A debate forum, one could call it.
This thread is now- and never has been your's or anyone else's..
Why you can't understand that truth is beyond me..

Anyone can join this thread any time they wish to..
There was a time I liked reading your posts.. I hardly ever read you anymore. Maybe through
A reply of someone' s , but rarely..

You crave attention, belittle as much as you call others out on it and far as you calling RT spoiled..
(Re: your engage w her concerning her grandmother..)
Ummm. You fit that description pretty well yourself..spoiled --hopefully not rotten..

Your remarks on CS's passing, are blowing my mind..
You should be ashamed!
But you won't be, self righteousness dictates your words..huh?

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#557781 Jul 14, 2013
@ B/man Carried forward.
So... I revert to a language that maybe believers can identify with. The Bible. And find them in the words I had looked up especially for Andrew in what I hoped was closer to his language...
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
May the shalom and simcah of Av Yahweh be upon you, the Father of Avraham, Yitzak and Israel. May the gleam in His eye guide your steps into prosperity all the time surrounded by His love and may His wisdom, knowledge and understanding set your feet upon the rock, removed from standing on small stones and sand.
Andrew (Counter_Strike).
This has to be the most beautiful Blessing anyone on this planet has ever given me.
Nothing I could ever say to you in 'your language' could ever come close.
But His Love is returned to you Brother, and thank you.
I salute you.

… and this was the song added on to a post he did not receive, when I sensed something was wrong.

HISGALUS 15:3
3 And they sing the Shir of Moshe [Rabbeinu], the eved Hashem, and the Shir of the SEH (Lamb, SHEMOT 12:3; YESHAYAH 53:7 Moshiach), saying, "Great and marvelous are your ma'asim (works), Hashem Adonoi Tzva'ot; Tzedek (Righteousness) and Emes (Truth) are your derakhim (ways, paths), MeLech kol HaGoyim (King of all the Nations).
Revelation 15:3
^^^

Blessings B/man... and thank you for sharing what you have. It's just how things have panned out today, while we wait also for news re my husband's mum. She is fading while I wait in the wings for them to be together.

Makes me think of how  Nelson Mandela is hanging onto life also. The news has the media on a death watch. I have known the paparazzi there like a swarm of bees for over a year. They can be hungry and twist truth right out of context if it means a sell...

Take Care my friend. Hope we can catch up again, but not sure about today.
God Bless you all ways.:)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#557782 Jul 14, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I was..
Thank you.
Many many many of the Christians posting here, have appointed themselves
Their very own gods..
They have no idea what has been written on my heart, and they never will..
I listened to a Rabbi explain how we are "gods" or "godlike" and how we are a "reflection" of God.

It was very interesting and I won't go into depth here.

Suffice it to say that I believe we are all Gods. Some good, some bad, most somewhere in the middle.
We all have a potential to be "Good Gods" but it takes work. We can create or destroy. The choice is ours as individuals and called "freewill".

"Choose wisely my friend!"

Location hidden

#557783 Jul 14, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people call me River, Bernie. It's not my real name. Some here know what it is but you won't find it in the public forums. There is a reason for that.
I have been called Pond Scum on other threads. Usually, when I get done with them, they're called River Pwnd.
Well hello River :) River Pond is from Dr. Who. I might have it spelled wrong :) I wouldn't call you scum. I think I would call you humorous :)

Location hidden

#557785 Jul 14, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Standing up for him how?
He had hateful views and already had enough people supporting them, like Rider, RA, Lawlest, and so on.
In what way would you need to stand up for him?
The only thing people criticized him for were his horrible views.
He still didn't deserve to die or anything, but I'm going to tell it like it is, not coddle people's memories of him just because he passed away.
Hi Lacez..

I know CS responded to one ..maybe two posts of mine.. I never replied to him, and never
Posted to him.
His views reminded me too much of the "doctors" in the house..
I didn't care for his message and never read through many of his posts .. Maybe gleaned
To try and find hope in him. But, never did..
Never wished any harm to him.. Just didn't want any conversation w him.

I wonder why Serah has chosen to be a victim of a group of people new to this thread-
Regarding her relationship w CS..
And I can't help but wonder how she comes to the conclusion CS was a victim by any
On this thread..
He posted the way he wanted to..He very much needed a rebuttal in his thought process
On topix..

Location hidden

#557786 Jul 14, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It is.
It's probably not worth watching. I only value it for nostalgia.
I'm in the mood to watch The Princess Bride. Now that has more value than just nostalgia.
A princess, a villain, a giant, a man with a mask dressed in black and...Mandy Patinkin.

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to be serenaded."

Location hidden

#557788 Jul 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I listened to a Rabbi explain how we are "gods" or "godlike" and how we are a "reflection" of God.
It was very interesting and I won't go into depth here.
Suffice it to say that I believe we are all Gods. Some good, some bad, most somewhere in the middle.
We all have a potential to be "Good Gods" but it takes work. We can create or destroy. The choice is ours as individuals and called "freewill".
"Choose wisely my friend!"
:)
Deep..

By "gods"... I mean thinking the right to stand in judgement of another's soul.. Their destiny..

I believe there is not one perfect soul.. All fall short, there's just no way not to..it's called
-Being human.

Even a "Good god" can't carry the human weight of being God.

I will strive to be my best to humankind..and to Choose wisely..
Not afraid of tomorrow or what may be after I leave this life..

Location hidden

#557789 Jul 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS isn't the only one who calls you Bernie, Mr. Not Bernie. In fact, River just did.
LOL I think you have a misunderstanding. Others call me Bernie, this is true, but not the point. The point is IANS hasn't been calling others by the names that have been shared on this thread. And when IANS indicated by listing several names that have been shared on this thread. And indicated that by these names being shared on this thread, those who shared these names on this thread are responsible for information that is not on this thread being available. Since my name is not Bernie, it is just a name I am called, there is no information made available by the use of that name. A person would have to have my name to get information. Though my name and information that could be gathered from it is not the issue. The issue is the claim that he was able to go to Andrews FB page simply by knowing that his first name was Andrew and that there was a group he was part of on FB. Andrews FB page was not under the name Andrew by itself. So the name Andrew by itself would not give him that access. The group on FB has a name and you have to have an invitation to become a member. So knowing that there was a group on FB that a guy whose first name was Andrew would also not give him access to Andrews information. So only having a first name and having knowledge of a group that has not been named leads to the conclusion that IANS claim to have gotten this information from the use of these two pieces of information is BS, in my opinion :)

Location hidden

#557790 Jul 14, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
It means exactly what it says. But I believe in groundhogs day (loosely) and eventually we get through that narrow gate..........
Everyone?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#557791 Jul 14, 2013
River Tam wrote:
A princess, a villain, a giant, a man with a mask dressed in black and...Mandy Patinkin.
"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to be serenaded."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qa9GgtzTx_0XX
Does he sing Danny Boy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min confrinting with ... 560,398
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 min Anti-Christ 441,817
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 10 min Jerry 189
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min pusherman_ 777,976
White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 28 min Strangelove_95 465
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr lovewithin 39,380
Couch Potato Alert 1 hr yon 9
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Aura Mytha 265,422
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 hr yon 4,875
More from around the web