With Established Harem

#557539 Jul 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It bothers me.
It is harmful to our society.
And many ARE personally hurt.
Off to the gym.
.. there is no remedy because people have a right to their beliefs ..

.. some people believe homosexuality is a sinful perversion because that's what their religion taught them. They do not realize the harm they do, especially to gay teenagers ..

.. do the religious have peace that passeth all understanding? Perhaps. However, it seems that some do not have the understanding that brigeth peace ..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#557540 Jul 14, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>\
Peace.
:)

You are a good man Chess
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#557541 Jul 14, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is your opinion....
Correct.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#557542 Jul 14, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I was responding to what YOU said...in case you forgot what YOU said...here it is...
"This is just your EXCUSE that YOU--- Hate. You HATE to be disciplined, you hate to be corrected , you hate to be told what to do or that you are WRONG. AND you HATE Christians.
So who else to BLAME , but the Christians. It is your EXCUSE."
Those are your words sp...
Here is the link to your post...
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
First you say that Lacez HATES Christians because he doesn't want to be disciplined...corrected...told what to do...that he is wrong...then you say that nobody does that. How can Lacez hate and be angry about it if no one does that?
That is my opinion of Lacez.

If you would read and comprehend I said :
Lacez was wrong in thinking that Christians DISLIKED him because of not BELIEVING in Jesus Christ.

The rest was my OPINION. If you don't like my opinion, tough ,then---then scroll.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#557543 Jul 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed @ OT prophecies.
Just to point out, and this is my opinion, I tend to think that if we can rely on the NT account of the Jesus! as being somewhat representative of a real event, then the death of the alleged "Messiah", would have been a proof in and of itself that the person was - not - "The Messiah".....
Jesus was NOT the Messiah.
The Jewish Messiah is a human hero figure.
The Jewish Messiah is NOT prophesied in the OT.
The Jewish Messiah did not become an "article of faith" in Judaism until the Middle Ages.

IMEO, The OT is full of Messiahs and the most recent Messiah was Moshe Dayan.

Jesus in early Christianity was the embodiment of the Scapegoat in Leviticus 18.

The Romans and Greeks (IE: Paulines) seemed to not know the difference between a General on the front lines and a goat on the hill.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#557544 Jul 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>There is no proof that happened. Additionally, and according to the myth, once prophesied - by a man/god/deity, no less - it had to happen.
The story of Peter and the "denials" also negates the claims of freewill that Christians claim is given by the deity.
I knew you were going to post that. LOL

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#557545 Jul 14, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
why did you say that Grandma would never know? and after all she forgets most everything anyway? IF you didn't KNOW that what you were planning to do , like STEAL $5 from her, was WRONG ??? and that it would be EASIER to do this to Grandma ???
Yes, knowing right from wrong is instilled in us.
We are taught some NO NO's --like sticking little fingers in light sockets (crawling age) and etc.
But at an accountable age we realize that we are responsible for our actions, and that some of our actions can hurt others, or that some of our actions can even throw us in jail. We just KNOW this .
.. a child's intuition is amazing but it often errs. At the first encounter with a dog, a youngster may yank its ears. That's when teaching enters the picture, a lesson in moral principles: do no harm, don't hurt the dog ..

.. for me, eating cow is immoral. You probably disagree. For RT, killing any sentient being is immoral. You probably disagree. In most instances, morals are decided by the prevailing culture and are not intuitive ..

.. as adults, we become the sum total of our experiences ..

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#557546 Jul 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. there is no remedy because people have a right to their beliefs ..
.. some people believe homosexuality is a sinful perversion because that's what their religion taught them. They do not realize the harm they do, especially to gay teenagers ..
.. do the religious have peace that passeth all understanding? Perhaps. However, it seems that some do not have the understanding that brigeth peace ..
Bigotry is bigotry.

It doesn't matter whence it emanates.

Let's teach them something better.

I won't suffer it, and will point it out when I see it.

I'm sorry Counter_Strike died before he became able to overcome his bigotry.

With Established Harem

#557547 Jul 14, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
I most assuredly would have killed that scorpion, if it was coming towards me.
No absolutely it does NOT make RT a spiritual person if she couldn't kill the scorpion...if it was coming towards her to STING her----it would make her STUPID.
.. it's about empathy, the very essence of spirituality ..
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#557548 Jul 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
....Counter_Strike died....
Truth?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#557549 Jul 14, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
That is my opinion of Lacez.
If you would read and comprehend I said :
Lacez was wrong in thinking that Christians DISLIKED him because of not BELIEVING in Jesus Christ.
The rest was my OPINION. If you don't like my opinion, tough ,then---then scroll.
Well...that is not a nice way to speak to someone that you think is very depressed.

So...now saying that Lacez is...oh...forget it...I am too depressed to speak of this further.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#557551 Jul 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. a child's intuition is amazing but it often errs. At the first encounter with a dog, a youngster may yank its ears. That's when teaching enters the picture, a lesson in moral principles: do no harm, don't hurt the dog ..
.. for me, eating cow is immoral. You probably disagree. For RT, killing any sentient being is immoral. You probably disagree. In most instances, morals are decided by the prevailing culture and are not intuitive ..
Reminds me of what happened yesterday...

There is a little cafe close by called Bang Bangs. I usually order their turkey and avocado sandwich. They also serve a sliced beef sandwich that I don't order because I have given up beef. Yesterday I decided to order the BLT (was in the mood for bacon) only to find out that it was veggie bacon...it is against their policy to serve swine they said.

I thought it was strange...poor turkey and cow got no respect! Their motto...LONG LIVE THE SWINE!

This is my week to celebrate the vegetable...no meat of any kind this week.

Maybe that is why I am very depressed and angry!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#557552 Jul 14, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth?
IF he did die.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#557553 Jul 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your look in the photo you use on Facebook, My Space and SoundCloud - fedora, shades, mustache, goatee, and guitar.
As you know, I was discreet with the information I gathered, even while we were feuding. I learned not to do that the hard way about two years ago when I inadvertently hurt a friend sharing some information.
I thank you for that.

I like that pic, I am one cooool dude! LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#557555 Jul 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You spend a lot of time judging me. Have I ever written anything like that about you? Of the two of us, shouldn't I be the one that is concerned? We have both chosen song titles to represent us on Topix, presumably because we identify with them. Mine is about skepticism for the bible.
It ain't necessarily so
It ain't necessarily so
The t'ings dat yo' li'ble
To read in de Bible,
It ain't necessarily so.
Now let's look at the song you identify with:
There's a killer on the road
His brain is squirmin' like a toad
Take a long holiday
Let your children play
If ya give this man a ride
Sweet memory will die
Killer on the road, yeah
What were you saying about creepy?
Spot on!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#557556 Jul 14, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Ice Cube and Jabba the Hutt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XdtETaZKN9sXX
Forgive me. I'm not right.
I was expecting Jabba to eat the puppy whole at the end.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#557557 Jul 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
You getting off the subject a little there dear one.

I guess a wolf that catches his kill and eats it is IMMORAL too?????

Do you eat chicken? or are you just a Vegetarian ?

We do LEARN MORALS----but we are inborn with a sense of right and wrong---as we grow---this comes out in us.

Location hidden

#557558 Jul 14, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth?
Yes

The poster known as Counter-Strike died from a heart-attack

Location hidden

#557560 Jul 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigotry is bigotry.

I won't suffer it, and will point it out when I see it.
You forgot the asterisk

*if it is from someone I am not friends with
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
IF he did die.
And you call others paranoid

Do you think he faked his death to throw Ians off his trail?

What would be the motive for a dozen people that knew his real identity and have verified it to lie?

With Established Harem

#557562 Jul 14, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I believe we are inborn with this knowledge of right and wrong , at least in the EMOTIONAL sense of it---our feelings of hurt or our feelings of having consideration for others---a Conscience.
An Awareness within oneself.
We later do learn the WHY it is wrong .
.. Peter was a 'wild' child, abandoned by his guardians with little or no human contact ..

.. he showed no signs of “civility” or morals and would capture birds, tear them apart, and eat them in pieces. He didn't like to wear cloths and was not toilet-trained. He didn't know right from wrong ..

http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/mskinner/Sociolo...

.. studies like this lead me to think that morals are learned. This is why parenting skills are essential ..

.. empathy may be an innate or learned behavior, really don't know. This would make for an interesting debate. Do some humans naturally feel the pain of other sentient beings? If not, how can the quality be instilled? Does religion make someone more or less empathetic ??..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min nanoanomaly 104,728
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min guest 673,322
............"I never HAD any toys"....... 10 min Doctor REALITY 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 53 min nanoanomaly 981,316
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,814
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 2 hr andet1987 10
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 2 hr andet1987 66
More from around the web