Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#557019 Jul 13, 2013
Edit

the following should have been part of Ians post:

"I don't (agree with Skombolis). He names only two categories of posters: those looking to debate the other team with what he calls an open mind, and trolls, by which I presume he means people trying to disrupt discussion. I'm neither. I have long ago given up trying to influence believers,"

I placed the quotes wrong

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#557020 Jul 13, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
How did he get the info to look him up on facebook? And then to follow that up with searching out others on topix?
Unless I missed something he wasnt invited. He was snooping somehow found out a name and now follows them on facebook.
I dont know much about facebook either but you have to have a name.
Deb gave me her facebook info, but since i had no intentions of being on there i didnt go looking up info on her and everyone else here. I would imagine I could've, I'm sure shes friends with everyone here and i could've spied on and gotten info, but I didn't. to me it wouldn't have been right.........Unless I had actual intentions of interacting with them on facebook.
On topix its different there are no real names involved unless you put it out there. IANS says he's in Mexico, who knows if he is or isnt. Who gives a chit if he is or isnt. its an anonymous board, or its supposedly suppose to be..........Its why I dont give out much personal info anymore. Because of people that will use it against you as has been demonstrated here time and again.........
Very true Lar.....
Malone

Ashburn, VA

#557021 Jul 13, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> Hi dear.. great to talk again.. I see the thread never changes.. BUT isnt what it used to be.. Do you have FB?? I see many there,,That are here too..Less drama..
Hey Lifelover! How art thou!

Location hidden

#557022 Jul 13, 2013
I see that struck a nerve with the sycophants

The only reason the facade of a secular humanist movement on the internet is even played up is because without it, there would be no way to pretend what people are doing is not basic trolling

It is why they have to pretend there is a tidal wave rising against Christianity because 4-5 people criticize it together online. People and those like them probably make up less than 1% of the population

The real reason the group trolls come here is simple. They believe they are going to 'show up' Christians. They come here to engage in pointless arguments so during the course of them their fellow trolls can praise them for their responses. They thrive on the validation from feeling like they have out-smarted someone or put someone in their place. And people that do things like this, that seek out people who believe differently just so they can fight with them, are miserable.

It didn't take long to chip away at the armor. Most these trolls don't work, aren't good at what they do, aren't nearly as smart as they thought they were, and have shown their own morals and ethics to be sorely lacking. By traveling in a group and supporting each other no matter what they have managed to go a long time believing their own hype.

I don't plan on wasting much more time exposing this. What they call "character assassination" was simply shining a light on what was obvious to an outside observer.

The things that are important are things like Andrew dying and our daily spiritual walk and fellowship and friendship. I just told someone being back on Topix for 5 minutes already made me feel less spiritual. Reading the same trolling crap that has become a regular fixture in here is a big part of it. I have been the most guilty in feeding the trolls. I did so for a purpose that is no longer required. And some of it was just ego.

Regardless, from now on if the posts falls into the category of trolling I am scrolling

Internet troll: definition
A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issue
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

Waving HI to the regulars

(T) Peace

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#557023 Jul 13, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Joe Theismann has a message for you [nanoanomaly]. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CrVG5NpM1ssXX
LOL. That's an unwholesome thought.

Fennario

#557024 Jul 13, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
I'm not clicking on that.
What are you afraid of? You're more likely to give the link a virus.

Location hidden

#557025 Jul 13, 2013
Malone wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Lifelover! How art thou!
Hey Malone!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#557026 Jul 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I see that struck a nerve with the sycophants
The only reason the facade of a secular humanist movement on the internet is even played up is because without it, there would be no way to pretend what people are doing is not basic trolling
It is why they have to pretend there is a tidal wave rising against Christianity because 4-5 people criticize it together online. People and those like them probably make up less than 1% of the population
The real reason the group trolls come here is simple. They believe they are going to 'show up' Christians. They come here to engage in pointless arguments so during the course of them their fellow trolls can praise them for their responses. They thrive on the validation from feeling like they have out-smarted someone or put someone in their place. And people that do things like this, that seek out people who believe differently just so they can fight with them, are miserable.
It didn't take long to chip away at the armor. Most these trolls don't work, aren't good at what they do, aren't nearly as smart as they thought they were, and have shown their own morals and ethics to be sorely lacking. By traveling in a group and supporting each other no matter what they have managed to go a long time believing their own hype.
I don't plan on wasting much more time exposing this. What they call "character assassination" was simply shining a light on what was obvious to an outside observer.
The things that are important are things like Andrew dying and our daily spiritual walk and fellowship and friendship. I just told someone being back on Topix for 5 minutes already made me feel less spiritual. Reading the same trolling crap that has become a regular fixture in here is a big part of it. I have been the most guilty in feeding the trolls. I did so for a purpose that is no longer required. And some of it was just ego.
Regardless, from now on if the posts falls into the category of trolling I am scrolling
Internet troll: definition
A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issue
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
Waving HI to the regulars
(T) Peace
It'll be good to have you back...You can talk to any of us......
And Learn to SCROLL.....

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#557027 Jul 13, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pretending.
Shouldn't you be rolling on the floor, fool?
RE:
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary thought it he was a gardener according to John.

"She, supposing that he was the gardener," - John 20:15

Thank you for proving that you know nothing about the Bible.
You just lie constantly.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#557028 Jul 13, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.... Would you tell a Catholic priest that his beliefs are all a lie, that he's a liar,...
He already has. Red thinks Catholics are worshiping Satan. Well documented on this very thread.

Ask him his beliefs about the Trinity. He doesn't believe Jesus is God. I agree with him on that, as do most Bishops in the Church of England.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#557029 Jul 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>G get it in that thick pumpkin head! chess is a liar!!!!! the boy lies daily
Thanks Clownie. I agree.

Location hidden

#557030 Jul 13, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It'll be good to have you back...You can talk to any of us......
And Learn to SCROLL.....
Thanks Epi

And I'm going to. I should not have even made the reply to the post that included me that was to Senacus. I just have to make a concentrated effort to break a bad habit. There was nothing to be gained from replying.

The time away from here helped

Moving forward and starting over

(T) Peace
Malone

Ashburn, VA

#557031 Jul 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Malone!
Hey Skom! What's good?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#557032 Jul 13, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Yet another lie. I did post I don't like to be called a Hitler. But then I'm not the one on here that often tells folks to shut up. That's you and Le Le. Glad I can help.
I souls read back and find the post. You have been proven to be a liar too much for me to even bother.
I don't need to prove anything to you. I already proved it to everyone else.

People like you and Red are the reason so many people hate Christians. You should be damned to Hell for that alone. You betray Jesus. How many times do you Judases need to crucify him ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#557033 Jul 13, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>....I will stand against every vile thing you say....
That is why you are a godforsaken liar.

What I say may be vile but it is always the truth.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#557034 Jul 13, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>I think I'm starting to know how Larry feels. Ha!
ROFLMAO

When people on both sides say you're a duck you should look for feathers.

Then again, ducks aren't very smart.

<gets the orange sauce out of the fridge>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#557037 Jul 13, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
PHEW.....Does it stink in here....Oh...I think it is that skunk over there.....
Tell me Michael...Do you know what a BELIEF means? Does it look like the word FACT?
Sadly, Epi, many Christians (and NON) can't tell the difference.

Thanks for knowing the difference. <hugs>

Location hidden

#557038 Jul 13, 2013
Malone wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Skom! What's good?
Hey Malone!

I have some down-time from work this month and just have been enjoying seeing people and doing some things I don't get to do as often as I would like. It has been really nice and I am not even at the halfway point!

Hope everything has been going good for you lately.

Nice to see ya

(T) Peace

Fennario

#557039 Jul 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You are here because you are a very insecure man
Thank you for sharing your excellent analysis of my motives. You really ought to consider opening a consulting firm or think tank with Trifecta. He shares your gift of perspicacity.
Skombolis wrote:
that doesn't explain your presence in this room.
I've tried to explain it to you. Apparently, it's not for you to understand. Strike the previous comment.
Skombolis wrote:
criticize the belief systems of others.
Whose fault is that? You make it so tempting.
Skombolis wrote:
You don't like Christianity
I really haven't done a very good job of concealing that, have I?
Skombolis wrote:
Anything else you want to talk about it?
Sure. Plenty.

Are you aware of the Topix tracker service? They will keep you apprised of my posting.

Location hidden

#557040 Jul 13, 2013
“I am wired by nature to love the same toys that the world loves. I start to fit in. I start to love what others love. I start to call earth "home." Before you know it, I am calling luxuries "needs" and using my money just the way unbelievers do. I begin to forget the war. I don't think much about people perishing. Missions and unreached people drop out of my mind. I stop dreaming about the triumphs of grace. I sink into a secular mind-set that looks first to what man can do, not what God can do. It is a terrible sickness. And I thank God for those who have forced me again and again toward a wartime mind-set.”

&#8213; John Piper, Don't Waste Your Life

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 13 min Bear Claw 60,613
News Trump: Dem Memo a 'Bust,' Confirms Actions That... 18 min Impeach the Creep 11
Some fun 42 min ara033023 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Wisdom of Ages 695,835
Baptists 4gave Trump WONT 4give J Swaggart 1 hr Just Wondering 6
What you NOTICE MOST during O.J. Simpson interv... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 4 hr texas pete 2,508
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 hr Tellthetruth 993,859
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web