Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#556470 Jul 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked at Starbucks. Does that count?
I had a local following. I was known as the Angry Barista.
River: Hi !!! Welcome to Starbucks. My name is River. Why are you here?
Customer: Uh, Uh, I'd like an Iced Carmel Macchiato.
River: Let me rephrase my question. What do you really want?
Customer: Uh, uh, uhhhh a Carmel Macchiato?
River: Would you like blood with that?
Customer: Can I get a black coffee to go?
Sorry.

You're fired.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#556471 Jul 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. did you hear about Exodus, the Christian group that "helped" gays become straight? They closed their doors after issuing a wide-ranging apology to the gay community for years of undue judgment by their organization and the Christian Church ..
.. Jeff Chambers, past president of Exodus, finally acknowledged that he still has "ongoing same-sex attractions" and was unable to "pray the gay" away ..
.. conversion therapy doesn't work and nobody is 'delivered' from homosexuality by a supernatural force ..
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/20/us/exodus-inter...
I' have never researched this topic.. Just know..
You are either born..homosexual or hetrosexual.

Great post.
Thanks.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#556472 Jul 11, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Have you considered a career in stand up comedy, no pun intended?
OK. Is there anybody here who hasn't made fun of my leg yet?

Pun intended.

Location hidden

#556473 Jul 11, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe as you want.
Ok..
Take care , Coffey.
Not engaging you anymore.
Ps.
Not one single soul will be lost..

Not a one..
Where is your trust?

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#556474 Jul 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry.
You're fired.
Can we still be friends?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#556475 Jul 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Can we still be friends?
Smooch.

Location hidden

#556476 Jul 11, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>There ya go, LeLe. Out of all the people you've ever met in your life, John Coffey is here to tell you what you >>must do<< to be "saved".
But wait a bit. Before long, his head will spin around and tell you that salvation comes by faith, thru grace, not works.
Oh, I've seen this movie before. It's almost as good as the Exorcist, but without the green pea soup.
I was wondering why he shifted from his belief of Grace to one of works..

He might think I am the only one who has to work for my name to stay in the
" Book of Life"..
I find Coffey a traitor to humankind..

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#556477 Jul 11, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's a good theory, except the groundskeeper never told Mary that.
"... he is risen; he is not here:... tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee...." KJV

Yes. It does.

You should read it some time.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#556478 Jul 11, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
Here's what you were when you were born Le_le, and it sure isn't what you claim.
Psalm 51:5 “Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.”
Now are we to believe you or God's Word Le_le?
Why should she ? You don't believe the psalm that calls us humans Gods.

Go back to hell, Satan.
chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#556479 Jul 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"... he is risen; he is not here:... tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee...." KJV
Yes. It does.
You should read it some time.
Incorrect. That would be Mark 16's neaniskos -- a young man -- not the gardener, who said that. The gardener, who turns out to be Jesus, appears in John 20.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#556481 Jul 11, 2013
hick-up wrote:
Super, super cool ...
check out the owl at 2:23
http://livinggreenmag.com/2013/07/08/video/fe...
Video is a wow classy one.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#556482 Jul 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher has no soul.
Souls are for wimps.
Sign outside a shoe shop:
We will heel you
We will save your sole
We will even dye for you

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#556483 Jul 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry.
You're fired.
My line was always longer. People waited just to be abused by me. I made them smile on their way to work. I didn't need the money.

It was just fun. I got a few complaints but...have you seen my "Big Puppy Dog Eye" look?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#556484 Jul 12, 2013
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
That goes both ways. Ignorant people who don't understand the bible are in both camps. Self proclaimed antagonistic atheists and fundamentalist Christians are alike.
The fundamentalist Christian tries to use misinterpreted images of hell to scare people, while atheists trot out alleged old testament massacres to justify their disbelief. Neither extremist group realizes that both are hyperbole for the purpose of emphasizing a particular point.
Some friends and I were sitting and talking recently, and we came to the conclusion that the bible is misinterpreted because of how each reader lives their lives. A doctor, lawyer, scientist, or engineer are so used to reading their professional documentation literally, that metaphor, allegory, parables, hyperbole, and analogies are like another language unto themselves. Even if it's written in the dominant language of a specific culture, it's still like a foreign language. Metaphors and parables today in Western culture are to the English language, what the compass is to the GPS. Forgotten. Archaic.
But is a compass still useful if one takes the time to understand it and read it? That depends on how lost you are, if you're even aware that you're lost, and if so, if you want to find your way.
"And that's the way it is this Thursday evening..."
-Walter Cronkite
CBS News nightly sign off phrase
so;

this rant of yours

allegory or hyperbole

??

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#556485 Jul 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Christianity will never die out.
We don't need for it to go extinct.

Were you aware that the Druids still exist? There must have been some unnamed Druid who said that Druidism would never die out. He would surely be pleased to know that so far, he is as correct as you may be.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#556486 Jul 12, 2013
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
That goes both ways. Ignorant people who don't understand the bible are in both camps. Self proclaimed antagonistic atheists and fundamentalist Christians are alike.
The fundamentalist Christian tries to use misinterpreted images of hell to scare people, while atheists trot out alleged old testament massacres to justify their disbelief. Neither extremist group realizes that both are hyperbole for the purpose of emphasizing a particular point.
Some friends and I were sitting and talking recently, and we came to the conclusion that the bible is misinterpreted because of how each reader lives their lives. A doctor, lawyer, scientist, or engineer are so used to reading their professional documentation literally, that metaphor, allegory, parables, hyperbole, and analogies are like another language unto themselves. Even if it's written in the dominant language of a specific culture, it's still like a foreign language. Metaphors and parables today in Western culture are to the English language, what the compass is to the GPS. Forgotten. Archaic.
But is a compass still useful if one takes the time to understand it and read it? That depends on how lost you are, if you're even aware that you're lost, and if so, if you want to find your way.
"And that's the way it is this Thursday evening..."
-Walter Cronkite
CBS News nightly sign off phrase
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
so;
this rant of yours
allegory or hyperbole
??
It's literal metalehypergorybolephor.

PRAISE PANGU!

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#556487 Jul 12, 2013
jerryma wrote:
Hello Dear,
My Name is jerryma chew i hope all is well with you?
After going through your profile,i decided to contact you also need your assistance.I am a soldier working as United Nations peace keeping troop in Afghanistan,on war against terrorism.I have in my possession the sum of $6.5million USD Which i made here in Afghanistan and I deposited this money with a Red Cross agent.
I want you to stand as my beneficiary and receive the fund and keep it safe so that as soon as i through, you will assist me to invest it in a good profitable venture,I will give you %30 of the total money for the assistance after you have receive the money.please my dear get back to me by my private email address ([email protected])
Good morning jerryma I have also served as a 'peace-keeping' troop in Afghanistan.

I would be very interested in assisting you in moving your money and sourcing a profitable investment. I believe that balloon animals are the next big thing in the west and that works by some balloon artists of renown will soon be changing hands for many hundreds of thousands of dollars. I have supported a struggling French balloon animal artist by the name of Coco deClwon for some time now and his works have been exhibited at the Tate Modern, The Guggenheim and have been a cause célèbre at countless parties for the young and energetic set in London. I believe we could get at least a 45% return on your principle sum in around 12 months should the art market remain buoyant.

Contact me at [email protected] and I will furnish you with the account number, sort code and personal passwords for my personal offshore account in Grand Cayman in which you can allow the funds to 'cool off' while we formulate our next move.

Wishing you every success in your Venture,

Carletto Cairoli.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#556488 Jul 12, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Ps.
Not one single soul will be lost..
Not a one..
God's Word says otherwise.

Mark 16:16.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

So Le_le, are you telling us that God's Word is a lie?

Beacuse it clearly says that quote: "he that believeth not shall be damned".

While you say quote: "Not one single soul will be lost..
Not a one.."

So which is the truth Le_le, what you say, or what God's Word says?

Fennario

#556489 Jul 12, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. no Christian has stepped forward to explain why only 3% of Mormon church revenues in the U.K. are spent on charity ..
.. why is the dollar figure actually allocated by large churches for charitable works so well hidden ??..

.. could someone from the United Kingdom tell me if the RCC is subject to tax audits? How about The Church of England ??..
The UK is the nation that released the scandalous audit figures on Mother Teresa's charities. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Aplank/Crit... and they were none too impressive, either:

"In Britain, where the law requires charitable organisations to disclose their expenditures, an audit in 1991 concluded that 7% of the total income of about US$2.6 million went into charitable spending, with the rest being remitted to the Vatican Bank."

We have seen multiple examples of this sub-10& figure now. I think that the message is pretty clear here: notwithstanding the odd exception here or there, when the church claims that it is doing significant charitable work, it is lying, and is counting on a combination of secrecy, a generally held misconception, and the blind faith of believers like Riverside Redneck and Serah in those claims to perpetuate that fraud.

Fennario

#556490 Jul 12, 2013
"this sub-10& figure"

should read

"this sub-10% figure"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Buck Crick 49,459
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Liam 646,959
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 15 min KellyP in Jersey 2,111
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 50 min Steve III 44,724
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 56 min Pegasus 281,290
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr karl44 105,685
Why Australians should fear Muslims? (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 28
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr The Hangman 971,805
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 7 hr WasteWater 27
More from around the web