Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#556494 Jul 12, 2013
Le_le wrote:
Can you imagine being " neck deep in hate"??? Yet, you are right, that is exactly what many here are.- all in the name of Christ. It's frightening sharing a world w such people..
As for sharing with the Christian church, because the Christian era is winding down in West, its share will continue to shrink along with its dwindling numbers and its diminishing social and political clout. Thanks to the Internet and satellite telecommunications, word about the church is getting out.

What we are doing here is being done all over cyberspace, and to a lesser but growing extent, in meat space. Along with the cooling of Cold War tensions and with it, a reduction in the threat of global thermonuclear warfare, it's the most encouraging change in the world of the last quarter century.

Fennario

#556495 Jul 12, 2013
Le_le wrote:
Honestly, because of my RCC upbringing , I believe the whole sin guilt trip is Just that - another tool to manipulate ones heart, and sooner than later. Their wallet.. Works quite well..wouldn't you say?
Historically, it has worked quite well.

Fennario

#556496 Jul 12, 2013
Le_le wrote:
I think, a private forum, for many here- seems like a better fir..than topix. Many believers do not want to hear another's thoughts/ heart. If you can't stand the heat. Stay out of the kitchen.. Go to a Forum where everyone thinks alike....
I think that more and more Christians will come to see the wisdom of that advice over time. They'll simply get tired of being contradicted and ridiculed, which will intensify over the next few decades as our numbers and our confidence in contradicting the church swell.

And that's how it should be. Religion should be a private matter like ones sex life and ones financial situation. And that's all anybody is entitled to anyway - private faith and devotion. There is no right to take it to the streets ridicule-free.

Fennario

#556497 Jul 12, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
I'm just guessing here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =frUulFa1KEQXX
LOL. Pretty funny.

Fennario

#556498 Jul 12, 2013
Adam wrote:
Are you still bothering others with your hypocrite BS. Somethuing will never change.
Dude! You got discharged. They must have exorcised your demons. Congratulations.

You take this religious stuff too seriously.

Fennario

#556499 Jul 12, 2013
Adam wrote:
Only dead homosexuals are good homosexuals because they canĀ“t harm anymore.
A religion that teaches people to think like this can't die away fast enough.

Fennario

#556500 Jul 12, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
You call him an effhead yet your the one who represents murderers and thieves.... Your far more dangerous then CC. That is if you are any good at your job which I highly doubt.. How many killings are you responsible for Chaser?
Are you a Christian? Adam learned about love is his church. I'm guessing that you learned about justice there.

Fennario

#556501 Jul 12, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
I am no rocket scientist and that is a blessing within itself.
Astronauts everywhere are rejoicing.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#556502 Jul 12, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>I never said your name wasn't written in the Book of Life because it was, everyones was. But that doesn't mean it will stay there.

Revelation 3:5 "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels."
_______

Now are you going to answer the question I asked you that you keep dodging?

Do you know what it takes to be saved and thus be a Christian?

Because your belief that you were born a Christian and saved is false and contrdicts what God's Word says.
So to be saved, one has to consume themselves with hate and outwardly display it?

Sorry, I think I'll do just fine without being "saved."

Montreal

#556503 Jul 12, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>Nice!!
So nice!!!!

Just yesterday, my littlest and I were driving and talking about the sky..earth..
And we talked about ---" like , can you believe we are on a sphere.. Spinning?."
- just yesterday!!

I heart you, Lacez.
You make me smile..
Awww, thanks :)
I heart you too!
You're such a wonderful person!

There are many things that are incredible, like how old the Earth is compared to the sun.
Did you know that our sun is only 4.57 billion years old and the Earth is 4.54 billion years old?
It's amazing that we're so close to the sun's age, and I never really thought of it before.

I love songs like the one I quoted in the last post to you, they make me think, and I like to think.

Montreal

#556504 Jul 12, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>There ya go, LeLe. Out of all the people you've ever met in your life, John Coffey is here to tell you what you >>must do<< to be "saved".

But wait a bit. Before long, his head will spin around and tell you that salvation comes by faith, thru grace, not works.

Oh, I've seen this movie before. It's almost as good as the Exorcist, but without the green pea soup.
I like you...please stay :)

Fennario

#556505 Jul 12, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
My take...
Depression is a disease in its self...at times bringing a person to that end stage. It is a disease that many people will not seek treatment for due to the stigma that has been associated with it.
I find that sad.
While those that commit suicide due to suffering from a "physical/debilitating " disease seem to be pitied...if one commits suicide due to depression...they are condemned.
I am not sure that the two scenarios are that much different...both feel that they are in the end stages...both do not want to suffer any longer.
Thank you, Annie.

Perhaps I should have been more explicit in what I meant by the end stage of a disease. Phrases like end stage renal failure and end stage Alzheimer's have a specific meaning in medicine, especially in end-of-life care and hospice:

[1] "End-Stage Disease - The very worst condition of an organ or disease state. At this point the organ is barely functioning. Examples: End stage kidney disease means the kidneys have shut down and the patient needs dialysis; End stage heart disease means the heart is functioning very poorly and may need mechanical support or transplantation in order for the patient to survive."
http://www.cts.usc.edu/zglossary-endstagedise...

[2] "End-stage disease - a disease condition that is essentially terminal because of irreversible damage to vital tissues or organs. Kidney or renal end-stage disease is defined as a point at which the kidney is so badly damaged or scarred that dialysis or transplantation is required for patient survival."
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.c...

Yes, depression is a disease, but it doesn't have an end stage in the technical sense.

Montreal

#556506 Jul 12, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>I' have never researched this topic.. Just know..
You are either born..homosexual or hetrosexual.

Great post.
Thanks.
Well, there are many other sexualities too, like asexuals and pansexuals.
But you are correct, everyone is born the way they are.

Montreal

#556507 Jul 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Dude! You got discharged. They must have exorcised your demons. Congratulations.

Wait, I didn't see any Adam posts lately...he actually came back?

I thought that episode was the last of him!

"Be gone in the name of Jesus!"

Fennario

#556508 Jul 12, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Christianity doesn't have to die out. Obscurity will be a fine place for it, however.
The Druidization of Christianity will be complete when the answer to What Would Jesus Say is the same as the answer to What Would Brigid Say: "Who?"

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#556509 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
The Druidization of Christianity will be complete when the answer to What Would Jesus Say is the same as the answer to What Would Brigid Say: "Who?"
The druids in Wales want their Stonehenge back...

I think they were told if you can get them back the way they arrived, then you can have them.

Fennario

#556510 Jul 12, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
depression is not disease at all
any deseases can not be cure, but depression can be cure,and person can be healthy on his top again suicide is act of cowards having fear of tomorrow, that they be not able to face consequences and run away from their worthless life
Another blessing to the earth from the looms of Jesus. Everywhere the Christian church has been, one finds the unmistakable mark of Jesus upon fellow human beings. Thank you, Jesus!

Fennario

#556511 Jul 12, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
"Huh" is right.
The rise of Christianity is a historical matter, and is not the same thing as Christianity being on the rise today. Type "rise IN Christianity" with quote marks (Google changes it to "rise of Christianity" if you don't) and you get about 185,000 hits, about 2% of 10.6 million.
<quoted text>
Maybe you have "Christian Google", because I just did the search, screen capped the results, and this is what it shows.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...
I wonder why you get a different result?
Why would Google do that?
Cool use of graphics.

And it looks like you got the same 185,000 hits I got in about the same order. Did you notice the title of the first one, which defied your search parameters, and changed "in" back to "of" anyway? Apparently the rise in Christianity is just as mythical as Christian charity.

Incidentally, for those still not sure what I mean by "the church," recall that Riverside Redneck tells us that he does not go to a church building and meet with a congregation on Sunday's - I think that's what he claims - and thus doesn't belong to any church. Several Christians have scoffed that there is no such thing.

But something has conditioned his mind to defend ideas such the Christian church being a charity, calling atheists like the author of the piece on the homeless man dishonest, and Christianity being on the rise. Some organized, concerted effort has inculcated millions of minds with ideas just like those, whether they attend churches or not. Whatever that it, THAT'S what I mean by "the church." It is very real, and we have a legitimate interest in opposing it.

And believing that meets several of these Christians' definition of bigotry, another divisive, self-serving meme compliments of the Christian church.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#556512 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Dude! You got discharged. They must have exorcised your demons. Congratulations.
Well you take your religion seriously, and so does the Christian.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#556513 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
The Druidization of Christianity will be complete
...when hogs fly. Your delusions of grandeur are showing dr[do little].

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Quivering Lip Lib... 86,868
We have off world aliens/Grey's that look like ... 1 hr annebonney 12
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 2 hr Big Al 223,069
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Michael 703,469
When you talk in the mind you are now able to h... 3 hr Infinite Force 1
the end and destruction of christianity 5 hr Infinite Force 3
Pray 4 Sleeping Libtard 2 Wake UP! 11 hr True 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 hr Redeemed Jersey P... 996,391