Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#556180 Jul 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
haha..... nearly as funny as the big bang theory being intelligent enough to create that which has been created :)
There's no evidence at all supporting anything being "created" by an invisible disembodied magical super brain.

It may be funny to you, but that doesn't mean much when the BBT has actual evidence supporting it.

Invisible disembodied magical super brain?

None.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#556181 Jul 11, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
UM...long story... If you have a "wild one" with all the fireworks, hail and extreme rain etc. Note the date and time.
I would like for you to slice a few of them in half, and count the "layers" it will be like an onion. Then check if there is any distinct coloring or dark coloration between those layers. Finally, "taste", with your tongue, the sliced stone and let me know if it tastes like bitters, alum or magnesia. Save the one's you have not opened or contaminated in a "freezer" bag. If you tell me what I want(expect) to hear,(I) will pay to have the uncontaminated sample(s) analysed at a "real" lab....they must remain frozen though.
The wonder of it all. You are really are a wild one and full of fireworks. The things you try to get me to do. lol. Now mind you I am no rocket scientist and that is a blessing within itself.

It already contaminated from the earth and gases. And most probably cross contaminated. Then you want me to send you frozen water that formed in a thunder cloud uncontaminated from what??
Plus you want me to sample this contaminated product by tasting.

Location hidden

#556182 Jul 11, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a pretty great song.
:D
I like it pretty good, too.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#556183 Jul 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
This may be one of the creepiest vids EVER and I'm gay.
It was the touch it to believe part that made me think of it.
I'm sayin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zKdxd718WXgXX
A lot of older videos are creepy though...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#556184 Jul 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I can agree with that. I didn't realize that you were talking about your circumstances, which are different from Andrew's. Suicide in the end stages of disease is different from suicide due to depression.
My take...

Depression is a disease in its self...at times bringing a person to that end stage. It is a disease that many people will not seek treatment for due to the stigma that has been associated with it.

I find that sad.

While those that commit suicide due to suffering from a "physical/debilitating " disease seem to be pitied...if one commits suicide due to depression...they are condemned.

I am not sure that the two scenarios are that much different...both feel that they are in the end stages...both do not want to suffer any longer.

Montreal

#556185 Jul 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
I work for a Community owned Company ~ fancy you should mention that; our profits do go back to the Community, the Local business and the Charities. It is a nice feeling; sponsoring Sporting teams and encouraging young ones to get involved to buying buses for the elderly. Are the employees helping out with charity by working there? I like to think so, because I am one of them :)
Once again, helping someone do gardening is not charity.

Location hidden

#556186 Jul 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Christianity will never die out.
Christianity doesn't have to die out.

Obscurity will be a fine place for it, however.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#556187 Jul 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I noticed that and sort of wondered why Annie posted that to you, suggesting you be quiet in the first place....
Why didn't you just ask me instead of wondering?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#556188 Jul 11, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You call him an effhead yet your the one who represents murderers and thieves..........
Your far more dangerous then CC. That is if you are any good at your job which I highly doubt.........
How many killings are you responsible for Chaser?

You're, not your. You made this mistake twice.

Than, not then.

(I am not responsible for any killings for Chaser.)

Montreal

#556189 Jul 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've offered rebuttals, but talking to you is like talking to a brick - nothing gets accomplished.
That 2.7% is direct to charitable organizations.
The 57% is directed towrds their healthcare networks - around the world.
That 57% is NOT just for their employees.
I've corrected myself and you've yet to rebuke anything.
You can repeat "healthcare networks" all you want, but paying for their hospitals' upkeep is not charity.

You don't understand what charity is, do you?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#556190 Jul 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Very good point ~ I wonder how the Atheists have come up with their percentages as well.....
I have no idea. I find it rather silly to try and "best" another group.

Since I am not Christian nor atheist I don't concern myself with who gave what. Maybe that is the advantage of being agnostic...we can swing either way on our donations.

Montreal

#556191 Jul 11, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you , Lacez..
In my heart I believe I have the right to voice my opinion..
As do you, and everyone else here..
Can you imagine being " neck deep in hate"???
Yet, you are right, that is exactly what many here are.- all in the name of Christ.
It's frightening sharing a world w such people..
I really don't understand all the hate.
It's frightening, but you have to live with it and work on trying to prevent the hate from spreading.

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Location hidden

#556192 Jul 11, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still bothering others with your hypocrite BS.
Somethuing will never change.
WHEN HE PASS AWAY LIKE SKUNK
all will be different and new changes

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Location hidden

#556193 Jul 11, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, helping someone do gardening is not charity.
there is donation of own time it is simple charity(love) of own neighbour)

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Location hidden

#556194 Jul 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
My take...
Depression is a disease in its self...at times bringing a person to that end stage. It is a disease that many people will not seek treatment for due to the stigma that has been associated with it.
I find that sad.
While those that commit suicide due to suffering from a "physical/debilitating " disease seem to be pitied...if one commits suicide due to depression...they are condemned.
I am not sure that the two scenarios are that much different...both feel that they are in the end stages...both do not want to suffer any longer.
depression is not disease at all

any deseases can not be cure,
but depression can be cure,and person can be healthy on his top again

suicide is act of cowards having fear of tomorrow,
that they be not able to face consequences and run away from their worthless life

Location hidden

#556195 Jul 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
"Huh" is right.
The rise of Christianity is a historical matter, and is not the same thing as Christianity being on the rise today. Type "rise IN Christianity" with quote marks (Google changes it to "rise of Christianity" if you don't) and you get about 185,000 hits, about 2% of 10.6 million.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We must have different google's. I just typed in "rise in christianity" and I see "About 34,400,000 results (0.35 seconds)"
Maybe you have "Christian Google", because I just did the search, screen capped the results, and this is what it shows.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

I wonder why you get a different result?

Why would Google do that?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#556196 Jul 11, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
I wouldn't want LW to have me in a head lock....She is a tough one...Carries a big stick
All came thru the house of hard knocks and had some excellent teachers.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#556197 Jul 11, 2013
Make believe evidence. Evidence you dreamt up. Pseudo-Evidence. IHW, nonsensical rubbish your leaders made up for gullible idiots like you can swallow it.
[QUOTE who="It aint necessarily so"]<quoted text>
What I believe is based on evidence.
<quoted text>
I believe the scientists for many evidence based reasons. Our computers are evidence that their method - the scientific method - and their great human minds can generate truth through study of the material elements of the universe.
What I don't believe are Christian apologists talking about science. To you, truth comes from faith. To me, it comes from reason and evidence.
<quoted text>
You don't speak very highly of faith here, either.
“I always flinch in embarrassment for the believer who trots out,“Atheism is just another kind of faith,” because it’s a tacit admission that taking claims on faith is a silly thing to do. When you’ve succumbed to arguing that the opposition is just as misguided as you are, it’s time to take a step back and rethink your attitudes.”- Amanda Marcotte
<quoted text>
Your credentials as an excellent thinker and a keen judge of things are well established here on Topix. And your endorsement is most coveted wherever you go.
<quoted text>
And a great logician. I forgot that. I forgot how you have made logic your bitch.
??logic is someone's bitch? that is as retarded and absurd a statement as your religion is.

Christianity don't give two rips what you believe. You have no effect on the growth on Christianity and frankly the religion is better off with you gone from it.

Science has no truth as to how this universe was formed. That is the delusions of your religion talking.

I'm am proud to say my beliefs are based on faith that Jesus Christ is God.

Amanda Marcotte is mistaken because secular humanism makes the false notion that their beliefs are based on facts. They are not. They are based on fairy tales in the disguise of science.

When you can admit that your beliefs are based on faith, then Christians like me will stop exposing you for the lying fraudulent religious hypocrite you are.

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Location hidden

#556198 Jul 11, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I've corrected myself and you've yet to rebuke anything.
You can repeat "healthcare networks" all you want, but paying for their hospitals' upkeep is not charity.
You don't understand what charity is, do you?
chariy is work done without of any payements
charity is love,
RR is not understaning charity definition

1/"for example charity( love) is when you cut grass for your neighbour for free without of any payments or reward,or profits

2/donations to keep up for example Gospel radio ministry also is free charity (not obligated love gift to others?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#556199 Jul 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I kind of thought you'd argue a society free from organized religion would not produce people like my brother.
I lean in that direction, but not that far. I think that Christian philosophy and psychology facilitates crime, and there is ample data to support than notion. But it can't be the only cause.

I think it does that on partly depicting most of humanity as devil infested and unfit for heaven. And by teaching millions of people to turn their back on the world. And to see it as deserving harsh judgment. And to teach people how to justify cruelty. And teaching them to see man as born guilty and deserving of punishment. And by offering cheap self-forgiveness. It's infantilizing in that sense, preserving the worst aspects of childishness.

From that perspective, it's pretty easy for a lot of people to justify doing anything to anybody, especially to an unbeliever.

Humanism emphasizes exactly the opposite values, which fosters maturity to a higher state: self-control, self-actualization, self-accountability, intellectual and moral development, integrity, compassion, and the like. Humanism teaches connection to the world, the value of life, and the value of people in terms other than sinner, repentance, obedience, and damnation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Bongo 46,589
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 6 min youll shoot your ... 399
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min Exposing Devil Lies 990,691
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 692,025
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr el rey de los cam... 8,528
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 10 hr Eagle 12 - 6,705
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 10 hr Edthirty 7
More from around the web