Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#556138 Jul 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
These "missionaries" are young salespeople working for a church to grow its membership and increase its collections. Salespeople are always solicitous, especially young, idealistic ones.
But how about the church that sent them there and is taking credit for and benefiting from their acts of kindness? Apparently that church isn't even underwriting their expenses.
That's typical. Good people in a self-serving church making the church seem better than it is.
.. serving a Mormon Mission goes beyond being a young salesperson ..

.. for two years, your life is devoted to knocking on doors, prayer, scripture reading and studying LDS literature. Dating is taboo and there is little contact with your family ..

.. after serving a mission, you return to reality. Or, do you ??..

Since: Apr 13

Scappoose, Oregon USA

#556139 Jul 11, 2013
Because you're a child of God just like he is! No reason needed,it would be like asking you "why should you love your children" – you just do and can't help yourself!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#556140 Jul 11, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I think you'll like my reply to that post. It was sleight of hand - switching the "rise IN Christianity" to the "rise OF Christianity" and comparing the number of hits to "decline in Christianity"
Thanks. Good post.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#556141 Jul 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU ?
Yet you bashed others for foul language.
Thank you for proving you are hypocrite and a fraud.
Dear Jesus, Please grant RA a long and horrible life. Amen.
I was telling Clearwater to stfu regarding - other's- sins..
I think Coffey is simply telling me to STFU..
In like- go away..

It's why I think, a private forum, for many here- seems like a better fir..than topix.
Many believers do not want to hear another's thoughts/ heart.

If you can't stand the heat. Stay out of the kitchen..
Go to a
Forum where everyone thinks alike....

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#556142 Jul 11, 2013
Something I find interesting is the way that Paul thought of and probably would have treated somebody like Saul.
I'm just guessing here...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#556143 Jul 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
What you believe is not based on science
What I believe is based on evidence.
trifecta1 wrote:
it's based on fairy tales for adults. You believe the universe people and animals created themselves...because you were told so. There is no scientific evidence for that.
I believe the scientists for many evidence based reasons. Our computers are evidence that their method - the scientific method - and their great human minds can generate truth through study of the material elements of the universe.

What I don't believe are Christian apologists talking about science. To you, truth comes from faith. To me, it comes from reason and evidence.
trifecta1 wrote:
You believe that, based on Faith. Absurd faith.
You don't speak very highly of faith here, either.

“I always flinch in embarrassment for the believer who trots out,“Atheism is just another kind of faith,” because it’s a tacit admission that taking claims on faith is a silly thing to do. When you’ve succumbed to arguing that the opposition is just as misguided as you are, it’s time to take a step back and rethink your attitudes.”- Amanda Marcotte
trifecta1 wrote:
Secular Humanism is a clownish joke, as are you.

Your credentials as an excellent thinker and a keen judge of things are well established here on Topix. And your endorsement is most coveted wherever you go.
trifecta1 wrote:
Atheism is the most illogical religion in existence.
And a great logician. I forgot that. I forgot how you have made logic your bitch.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#556144 Jul 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Good post.
Are you still bothering others with your hypocrite BS.
Somethuing will never change.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#556145 Jul 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. serving a Mormon Mission goes beyond being a young salesperson ..
.. for two years, your life is devoted to knocking on doors, prayer, scripture reading and studying LDS literature. Dating is taboo and there is little contact with your family ..
.. after serving a mission, you return to reality. Or, do you ??..
How could they return to reality?? To normalcy ??
Should society be expecting them to?

They
Have been brainwashed ..
That' s what religion does..- all religion.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#556146 Jul 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
IMHO, Jesus would be laughing with me.
Really?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#556147 Jul 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say it did.....
OK

I think we are agreeing again. <smooch>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#556148 Jul 11, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be too...Just to be in his presence....
I know you feel different...and thats OK
I want a time machine.

If Mark is accurate I would be nailed up beside Him.
If John is accurate I would drive the nails into his wrists.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#556149 Jul 11, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
No....He didn't
Just dropped his head on his desk and passed on....Just like we all could do while posting....
IMO We should always strive to make our posts uplifting and positive because we may not be back tomorrow. But somehow I don't think you feel the same way Duane....LOL..Why is that?
My life has always been about revealing the truth no matter how painful that may.
Why should my possible demise change that?

"Don't put flowers on my grave. Give them to me while I am alive." - My Mom

“"None shall pass"”

There

#556150 Jul 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, these young Missionaries help in anyway they can, giving of their time and meager resources ..
.. did you know the success of a Mormon Missionary is based on the number of people they convert? Wouldn't you want to make your parents proud ??..
.. if a hungry family is willing to listen to their message, they bring food from the Bishop's Storehouse. If clothes are needed, they arrive with used garments that were donated to Deseret Industries. It's all very well structured ..
.. enjoy the Missionaries; they're wonderful people who believe in what they're doing. Just be aware of their mission ..
It is because of the 'mission' that it isn't charity.
It is marketing and bribes.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#556151 Jul 11, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
HL....I take it you were brought up in the Mormon faith...A woman I know owns a Karate studio and found a Morman Bible with my complet name inscribed on the front...Kinda strange
Remember that night we got drunk and went to Salt Lake City ?

LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#556152 Jul 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've offered rebuttals, but talking to you is like talking to a brick - nothing gets accomplished.
That 2.7% is direct to charitable organizations.
The 57% is directed towrds their healthcare networks - around the world.
That 57% is NOT just for their employees.
In either case, the Healthcare is NOT charity.

Get a GD clue !

“"None shall pass"”

There

#556153 Jul 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We must have different google's. I just typed in "rise in christianity" and I see "About 34,400,000 results (0.35 seconds)"
You didn't put it in quotes: "rise in Christianity"

> About 63,200 results (0.20 seconds) <

http://www.google.com/search...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#556154 Jul 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
Very good point ~ I wonder how the Atheists have come up with their percentages as well.....
That would be irrelevant.

I'll bet that you'd agree that the answer to that won't help us decide if the church is as charitable as it claims, how much benefit it actually provides to the community, whether the church can be is trustworthy and should be believed, whether it should continue receiving tax breaks as a charity, or any other practical matter that has been the impetus for challenging the church's claims for itself.

Your personal bias comes out at times like these. As I've said before, you're a sweet person, but your commitment to your faith is greater than your commitment to the conclusions of evidence based reason. So here you are looking at very damning data and arguments against the church, and you're deflecting attention from the church. You're also making the implicit argument that the atheists might be as bad as or worse than the church.

Even if it turned out that the "atheists" were totally fabricating their data, that wouldn't help the church a bit. That would merely underscore the need to verify such claims before accepting them as reported.

You're more committed to helping preserve the image of the church than helping to determine and to teach the general public what it really is, what it really does, and what it is really worth.

That's all expected. I'm just pointing out an example of a gentle style of apologetics for illustrative purposes.

Yours is also an example of the corrupting nature of faith based thinking and church teaching. We'd be a little better off if your loyalties were to evidence based conclusions what rather than to what serves the church.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#556155 Jul 11, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I was telling Clearwater to stfu regarding - other's- sins..
I think Coffey is simply telling me to STFU..
In like- go away..
It's why I think, a private forum, for many here- seems like a better fir..than topix.
Many believers do not want to hear another's thoughts/ heart.
If you can't stand the heat. Stay out of the kitchen..
Go to a
Forum where everyone thinks alike....
Agreed on all counts.

With Established Harem

#556157 Jul 11, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
How could they return to reality?? To normalcy ??
Should society be expecting them to?
They
Have been brainwashed ..
That' s what religion does..- all religion.
.. serving a mission can be a total high; you 'feel' God everywhere. There's time to reflect, help others. The ego undergoes a caustic beating and you learn pride is ludicrous ..

.. when you return to 'normalcy,' you have the adulation of the church; your family. You're today's hero ..

.. if the family chain is broken, nothing will ever seem the same ..

With Established Harem

#556158 Jul 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is because of the 'mission' that it isn't charity.
It is marketing and bribes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 110,016
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min Rosesz 675,493
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 982,282
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr lightbeamrider 4,079
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 hr awesome reality 46,189
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 hr UidiotRaceMakeWOR... 184,711
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 hr Tony 6,217
More from around the web