Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#555931 Jul 10, 2013
Simon

The Bible calls him Simon the Zealot perhaps a reference to his political affiliation. Later accounts depicts him as a missionary to Persia where he was martyred.

Location hidden

#555933 Jul 10, 2013
Judas Iscariot

Famous for betrayal Judas was paid 30 pieces of silver for leading Roman soldiers to Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. Judas later repented and hanged himself.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#555934 Jul 10, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
John
John and his brother James sons of Zabedee were in Jesus inner circle. The fourth gospel three epistles and the Book of Revelation are attributed to John.
And all those attributions are wrong.

Location hidden

#555935 Jul 10, 2013
Phillip

Like nearly all of the Apostles Phillip hailed from Galilee the region in northern Israel where Jesus ministry was centered. He may have been martyred in Hierapolis.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#555936 Jul 10, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha Some would think that. But I have no problem agreeing with you :) And I have no problem disagreeing with you :) If someone has a problem with that, well, they have a problem. I don't :) Something I find interesting is that Saul probably couldn't stand someone like Paul. That is until the Damascus road experience :)
Hopefully the insurance comes through for you. It just isn't right for these companies to have this kind of power.
A true teacher is like a true preacher. It's not a profession. It's who they are. You will always teach. It's who you are even if you never stepped a foot in a class room or someone takes you out of one.
Have a good night G :) Rest Well :)
Agreed on all counts and the same back to you.
Thanks.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#555937 Jul 10, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The planet doesn't care.
You spit, shit, piss, puke, jizz, bleed and die on it.
Hush, tard.
My, you really are a fuktard , aren't you?

Location hidden

#555938 Jul 10, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Judas Iscariot
Famous for betrayal Judas was paid 30 pieces of silver for leading Roman soldiers to Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. Judas later repented and hanged himself.
Are you reading from a comic book?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#555939 Jul 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Just popped in there to do that for you and Sweet Epi had already done it for you :)
Andrew will know who you are BT and that is what counts....
Thanks for the effort....and I appreciate you both in that.

Location hidden

#555940 Jul 10, 2013
Bartholomew

Some believe he is Nathanael who questioned the Messiah's small-town origin. Can anything good come out of Nazareth. He may have gone to Turkey, India or Armenia.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#555941 Jul 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know we are forbidden to talk about Icons....But I see you have 6 negative ones already...Yesterday morning I had 12 negative ones on each one.....
SOMEONE doesn't want us to talk.....Hmmmmmm
I can't believe you are still giving the icons credence!!
- yikes.. On your part.

Who said you were ever forbidden to talk about the icons?
As a friend, I simply asked you to ignore them.. Because I , truthfully, thought
You were more secure than you seem to be regarding them..

You feel that the person clicking the icons has any influence over who speaks up here??
I am saddened to see this hint of shallowness in you,

Location hidden

#555942 Jul 10, 2013
Thomas

Though doubting Thomas needed to touch Jesus' wounds to be convinced of the resurrection he became a fervent missionary who is said to have proselytized in India.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#555943 Jul 10, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I won't say anything, either.
Have you seen this movie?

I just found it, so, I think I'll watch it, yeah.

Location hidden

#555944 Jul 10, 2013
Matthew

Jesus shocked Jewish society by dining with Levi, who job as a tax collector had made him an outcast. As an apostle Levi was called Matthew and wrote the first Gospel.

Location hidden

#555945 Jul 10, 2013
Matthias

To replace Judas Iscariot the Apostles chose Matthias who was a disciple during Jesus' ministry. Postbiblical lore says he preached in
the land of Cannibals.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#555946 Jul 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Great! So do I, and apparently several others posting here.
What matters to the taxpayer subsidizing them as a charity is the magnitude of the largesse relative to the size of the tax break, and to whom they are willing to give.
What matters in deciding if they are principally a charitable organization or are just hoping to be perceived as one is the relative amount given to the needy compared to total receipts, especially the needy outside of their church.
Have you heard about the two billion dollar mall that the Mormons just built? It was covered in Bloomberg Busineesweek under Companies and Industries. You can read the article at http://www.businessweek.com/printer/articles/... to get a better sense of the vastness of their business empire.
That's odd for a charity, wouldn't you agree?
<quoted text>
It wasn't my figure or my calculation.
I disagree with much spending when people are starving, so would agree here.

The Temples were always quite plain, and simple, but for some reason, there has been a change in that direction.

Location hidden

#555947 Jul 10, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk on he WWW.. Your distaste for homosexuality..
Your very character cries thAt you are anti homosexuality - you believe -. it's because it is what Christ commands of you..
Yet- you have told this thread- yourself and your wife "were" homosexuals at one time..
I believe your fear of this world and hunger to leave it for streets of gold- are because you are ashamed-
You were born gay..
And so was your wife.
- yet- you claim you feel Christ in your heart.. None the less.
. I feel I was born hetrosexual.. And Christian. Do not believe I choose either..
You are stuck between two worlds....a homosexual can be a Christian..
- many are...
Yet- you cause trouble for those who want to come out of the closet.,
And my wish to you and your wife would be --to live and let live,
Honestly, stfu. Regarding "sins" Chris.
You support Hitler's mentality, whether you chose to believe so, or not.
I have seen nothing in Chris' posts that indicate in any way that he is stuck between two worlds. Isn't your trying to force your view of him upon him, the same thing others judge him for doing? And stfu regarding sins? And comparing him to Hitler? Born Christian? WOW I have read others comments to you about you. Your own words speak for you quite well.

Location hidden

#555948 Jul 10, 2013
Mary Magdalene

Mary from Magdala followed Jesus after he cured her of seven demons. She stayed near him during the Crucifixion and was the first to see him after his resurrection.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#555949 Jul 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I'm not sure that you have a proper grasp of what reason is. What you cited would be sound reasoning. You implied as much yourself with the use of the phrase "of course."
Of course, I didn't argue that.
<quoted text>
Humanists.
All moral progress has come from rational ethics - the application of reason and compassion to ethical problems. One of its recent gifts was gay unions.
And all intellectual progress has come from rational skepticism - the application of reason to evidence. One of its recent gifts was the Internet.
What has Christianity (or any other ideology) contributed to ethics or real knowledge in say the last millennium or so? Humanism and rational skepticism gave you science and liberty.
I gather you are suggesting that scientists are all non believers and have been for the last millennium or so?

Location hidden

#555950 Jul 10, 2013
Mark

Also called John he was mentored by Peter-his likely source for writing the second Gospel and traveled with Paul to Antioch. Mark founded the Church of Alexandria.

Location hidden

#555951 Jul 10, 2013
Luke

A gentle physician from Antioch who joined Paul's missions. Luke chronicled the development of the early church in the third Gospel and the Acts of the Apostles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min James 828,229
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 min gundee123 442,815
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 24 min Kalvin Fowler 257
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min Robert F 583,976
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 35 min Classic 2,260
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Justice League 3,345
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Theswamiji 6,285
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr WasteWater 98,969
More from around the web