Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#555995 Jul 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you're being persecuted.
Yes. You are right.
Topix Christians equal persecuted people.
And, I am starting to think the ones complaining.. Calling others out for giving
The neg. icons.. Are actually the ones giving them..
Only makes sense..right???

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#555996 Jul 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey River.
Epi has my heart too.
But not this guy.
Scuse me while I kiss this fly.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#555997 Jul 10, 2013
Lacez wrote:
It's funny, because I just recently found one more friend yesterday that was an atheist, I had never talked to him about religion or anything, be we then started to recount all the stupid things religious people have said to us. It's was fun and laughter ensued.
It seems like many atheists are coming out of the closet these days. That's great! It implies that they feel much less stigma and that they will be better accepted than in the past. It's a long overdue correction of a terrible injustice perpetrated by the church that has long enjoyed scapegoating both gays and atheists.

And more of us are feeling comfortable using the word "atheist" to describe ourselves, although I'd prefer that we eventually defining ourselves in relation to what WE believe, not what people of faith believe and what we reject. They're theists. Most of us are humanists and rational skeptics, not merely non-theists.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#555998 Jul 10, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
madam
HU is atheists and he is not your brother-he is nice poster, but he is atheist?
how many tables you join?
Father does properly those sons who constantly reject and remove their own father from their low grade lifes??
You don't define me 007 ...now get lost.

“What?”

Location hidden

#555999 Jul 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent.... knowing that has helped my sanity :)
I'm questioning your sanity.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#556000 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
Humm wonder if you be roflmao when the Jesus taps you on the shoulder. But you just keep rollin there in the meantime.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#556001 Jul 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearwater is a very f*cked up person.
Right...
And he needs a 24 /7' government watch on him..

Not kidding.

-but because he claims Christ.. These "believers" coddle him.. They
Always have. Making him more justified in his hatred of the USA government.

Chris is a time bomb..
The writings on the wall.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#556002 Jul 10, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen this movie?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oUqHhpUnWY8XX
I just found it, so, I think I'll watch it, yeah.
Good flick...

“What?”

Location hidden

#556003 Jul 10, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The BCT.
The Big Calculator Theory.
OK, how do you do that?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#556004 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
lil whispers wrote:
Humm wonder if you be roflmao when the Jesus taps you on the shoulder. But you just keep rollin there in the meantime.
There it is.

Location hidden

#556005 Jul 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good flick...
Hi ya raskel how you been doin. awee hell might as well no music playin (( cap )). Have a good one.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#556006 Jul 10, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, how do you do that?
See?

Location hidden

#556007 Jul 10, 2013
scaritual wrote:
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
<quoted text>
There it is.
You better watch there Mr teapot too I be throwin some head lock on you too.lol the wonder of it all with theses raskels wondering around this thread one rollin in the floor and another watchin a flick woo such activities. lol. And ya wonder why all you get out of me is scripture.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#556009 Jul 10, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Right...
And he needs a 24 /7' government watch on him..
Not kidding.
-but because he claims Christ.. These "believers" coddle him.. They
Always have. Making him more justified in his hatred of the USA government.
Chris is a time bomb..
The writings on the wall.
You know what hypocrite. For someone that's been telling Epi (over and over and over again) to let the "icon thing" go you sure can't seem to come in here without obsessing over Chris and his beliefs. Which by the way walk hand in hand with what God's Word says. Unlike yours which badly contradict God's Word and have absolutely no Biblical basis at all. You've been belly aching and obsessing over him for months now.

So why not take your own advise and STFU!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#556010 Jul 10, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi ya raskel how you been doin. awee hell might as well no music playin (( cap )). Have a good one.
I been ok LW. Look'n into your "hail" problem.

:)

Location hidden

#556011 Jul 11, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I been ok LW. Look'n into your "hail" problem.
:)
Called it a freak storm. Just like they did when the fifteen foot wall of ice fell in 2009. This time around was two inches within minutes and the hail was size of golf balls. They called out the snow plows to clear the roads. People were wearing shorts and clearing it off with snow shovels. What a hoot that was on the local news. Roofs fell in from the weight of this too. Some are standing around now taking photo of lightning calling it a lightning show. Good sense went bye bye cause that stuff is dangerous. One must wonder who forgot to turn on the light bulb in the upstairs department. One of the mountains here rocks came tearing off it rollin into homes and people just said opps what happened here. They do not think anything shakes rocks or rolls. lol the wonder of it all.

Fennario

#556012 Jul 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
Yet they are highly offended by being lumped as "all Christians". I will be glad to share my "Angel of Darkness" title with you. I have no need to be the only "Angel" on this thread.
LOL. I don't see either of us in those terms, but OK. I see my message as very constructive and hopeful. Yours, too.
AnnieJ wrote:
My thoughts... We often hear...search the Bible for answers...a demoralizing book at best...at least that is the way it seems to be used by some. Being fair...there are those that search for the love within those written words...others search for those that can be used to silence that love by demoralizing others. Never has one book been used in such a way as this one has.
I like your thoughts, which brings me to this: I've been sitting on a post I wrote in response to one from Senecus' partly out of respect for you, because I recall that you do or did blog with him. I didn't care for his characterization of Topix posters, nor his vaunting himself and his blogging above message board posting, and I let him know it. I think I'll post it after this post, now that I've explained myself.
AnnieJ wrote:
I am not atheist...I was never able to understand how one could not believe that there was no higher power...some unknown force that binds us all...until recently.
That's not what an atheist rejects. Atheism is a big tent. There is room for mystical intuitions here. I've shared some of my own in the past, as have other unbelievers. The universe may very well turn out to be more than it appears. I just don't assume that it is conscious, or knows or cares about me.

Atheists reject the gods and religions that men have invented. In the case of the Abrahamic religions, it's ridiculous, demeaning, infantilizing, and harmful. We reject prayer, worship, revelation, judgment and other similar nonsense - not a sense of mystery, of gratitude, of awe, or of connectedness.

Fennario

#556013 Jul 11, 2013
Senecus wrote:
And is why many have left, it's become not much more than a "shouting match"
That's how a theist would see it. That's how many of the theists present have described this thread. They don't like to share the floor with us. They don't like seeing their church or their faith criticized.

The ones who have left in a huff are Christians that didn't like reading what unbelievers have to say. Sorry about that.
Senecus wrote:
Most serious bloggers and real time debaters consider the likes of Topix a wasteland.
Is that right? How would you know? Are you counting yourself among such people? Do you speak for them?

I consider the religious blogosphere to be a wasteland. Most religious blogs are boring, self-indulgent, masturbatory musings about singing to Jesus all day or whatever other nonsense preoccupies people fixated on pie in the sky. It's irrelevant to unbelievers.

Here's what I mean:

"Ten Passages for Pastors to Memorize Cold" from a blog called Desiring God at http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/ten-pas...

Bo-ring!

"Our Gifts" from a blog called Devotional Christian at http://devotionalchristian.com/our-gifts/...

Oh the tedium!

Topix is much more substantial than that fluff. It's also more human, more dynamic, and more topical. It's representative of the exciting change occurring all around us - the ascendance of secularism and irreligiosity in the West. That's what the Christians like Adam, Trifecta, Clearwater, and Dr. Shrink are shouting about, and what the Christians that have fled are hiding from.

“What?”

Location hidden

#556014 Jul 11, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what hypocrite. For someone that's been telling Epi (over and over and over again) to let the "icon thing" go you sure can't seem to come in here without obsessing over Chris and his beliefs. Which by the way walk hand in hand with what God's Word says. Unlike yours which badly contradict God's Word and have absolutely no Biblical basis at all. You've been belly aching and obsessing over him for months now.
So why not take your own advise and STFU!!!
Christians are cool.

:-)

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#556015 Jul 11, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. I feel better now.
What were we talking about? Boobies?
That's about it, really.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min KENTUCKY- 678,639
Stop Global GENOCIDE for OIL 6 min Hiddn Numbrz 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min ROCCO 118,629
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 26 min Holy Jehowa Witness 33,211
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 33 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 184,820
What was the Yugoslav military doing deployed i... 46 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 5
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr RiccardoFire 2,165
More from around the web