|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/T0N0LORUMAROFEJGO/post 555635
<quoted text>
And no coins, because change is an illusion.
LOL

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Nobody would want to discuss suicide in a man of faith.
I would.
I think it took a lot more faith and courage than most people have.
I won't condemn the man if that is what happened.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
You doubt her honesty because you assume that she is atheist? Do you believe that all non-Christians are less than honest...or only atheist?
Christians are taught to distrust atheists. This is what their bible has to say about us:

[1] "The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1

[2] "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." - Revelation 21:8

[3]Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?- 2 Corinthians 6:14

We are described as corrupt, vile,abominable godless vessels controlled by the most evil force in the universe. They are taught that we are fit to be burned alive forever as the moral equivalent of murderers because not one of us does good. Would you trust that?

Isolation is a staple in cultic technique as well as in abusive relationships, which are essentially just tiny cults of personality.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
I think it took a lot more faith and courage [to commit suicide] than most people have. I won't condemn the man if that is what happened.
I can't agree there.

If he suffered from major depression, I don't blame him for his illness or how it affected him. He was just obeying the imperative of the voice in his head. I doubt it, though. He may have been a little depressed, but he didn't come off as despondent or hopeless to me.

If he made a choice made in compos mentis based on a false belief in a heavenly reward, then tome, it was not a courageous choice. Besides being foolish, it would be a selfish choice, however much fear he had to overcome to do the deed. He had a wife and young children, didn't he?

Of course, we still don't know that this was a suicide. That just seems most likely to me given the reference to his troubles being over and the general avoidance of the topic of the cause of his sudden and unexpected death.

If this was a suicide, what are the implications for the power of faith or the value of prayer?

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No I didn't, G said that.
Fine, let's pretend you didn't, since you are going to continue to claim you didn't and I'm too lazy to go back and find your post.

It is NOT charity, for the percentage given to charity was quite clearly indicated as 2.7%.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>That is what your article showed and I repeated it. Correct.
I seem to recall RR posting more detail about it, though if you say you really are the one who said it, I'll stand corrected.

Health care networks are not charity though. Paying for Catholic hospitals and their upkeep is not charity.

“Last rose of summer”

Since: Jun 13

The Coathanger

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
f...you and all your comments
That's awfully queer of you there, Shrink.

“Last rose of summer”

The Coathanger

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I just realized that I was wrong in my comment...Chris ALSO said "amen, brother" to Adam.
There you have his true side.
Adam wouldn't have carried it on for so long without their encouragement. Although plenty of posters put him in his place, like Annie.

“Last rose of summer”

The Coathanger

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
All you proved is that hospitals owned by religious organizations are no different than any other ones.... and possibly worse.
If I don't pay my medical bills will that make my doctors Christians or do I just beat them out of money ?
You know, it's a pity you don't have a health system like our Medicare.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I'm afraid that you're the one not understanding. Your credibility in this area is shot just like your church's. You just got caught trying to misrepresent a Catholic hospital as charitable while it was doing very profitable business. Didn't you say that this "charity" billed eleven grand for bedding? And now you try to make this business that gouges people seem similar to habitat for humanity, a real charity - and a secular charity.

This is as revealing as the church audits you provided a few months back. http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

That was the result of me having once asked you why secular society should value the church, and you answered that it was because of all of the valuable charitable work it does, a claim that I challenged. That was the beginning of our disagreement about whether there is more than a few percent thrown to the poor for appearance, and why I said that I would not believe it without independent audits.

That claim of doing significant charitable work is also the justification for its subsidization by tax payers with tax breaks. I predict that when the Christian majority has died back enough to create a humanist majority, that this will all change. It time for new values.
Thanks for replying to his comment, I didn't feel like looking too much into it and wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt on something I didn't fully understand.

This taught me something; never trust RR's word because he rarely knows what he's talking about (I knew that before, but thought he could be right on at least one thing).

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Morning.....

Love doesnt make the world go round.
Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.

~ Franklin P. Jones

Thought for the day

“Last rose of summer”

The Coathanger

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, it sickens me.
I'm glad though, that these people are such horrible people. It shows others what they're a part of when they join a religion.
You know, I've met more atheists and agnostics than I have religious individuals in my time on this Earth so far. It's a sign, a good sign at that.
That makes you so lucky, then.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Today's Prayer

Dear Lord, Thank you for this day. Thank you for my being able to see, to hear, to speak, to move about this morning. I'm blessed because you are a forgiving and understanding God. You have done so much for me. I have witnessed your hand of blessing, your miraculous power in my life and the lives of those I love, and you just keep on blessing me. Forgive me this day for everything I have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to you. I ask now for your forgiveness. Please keep me, my family, and my church family safe from all danger and harm. Help me to start this day with a positive and Christ-focused attitude and plenty of gratitude. Please clear my mind of distractions so that I can hear from you and please direct my steps today. Thank you so much, in Jesus' name, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Encouraging Words....

I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.

John 15:5

K-Love

“Last rose of summer”

The Coathanger

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I'm a Christian.
No, I'm Roman Apologist.
I'm asking about medical ethics because there's a local news story about a woman who's organs were almost donated by mistake when she was still alive. Doctors had declared her dead, and when they went to remove the organs she regained consciousness. Now the hospital in question has to pay a fine, and I think some doctors got into trouble over the whole mess. I was wondering if you could provide me with information about how such decisions are made to fine hospitals and discipline doctors in these cases. Here's a link to the newspaper article.
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/0...
A horrible story.
:-(

Is that you, Mark?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
"Jesus loves the little children. All the children of the world...red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world." Yes, Lord, you love all the children. Thank you for being "color blind." I pray that humankind will put away their prejudices and see others are you do. I pray that every Christian will look at others through your eyes. Yes, you hate our sin, but you love us so much and want us to have fellowship with you and be with you in eternity. And children...are so precious. I pray that their innocence will not be stolen, that every one will be loved as they should be, that every one will have comfort and food and shelter...and loving families. I pray that every child will have the chance to grow up and know you and serve you...and give back to you and to others through reaching out in ministry as you lead and equip them to do. Bless each one. Help us adults to be sensitive to the needs and feelings of all children and to be caring and compassionate and Christ-like examples, as Jesus would have us be. In the name of Jesus I pray, amen
Thought for the day
Ahh ~ Memory Lane :)

I was thinking about that song when I opened up my journal, and perhaps you may even recall when I posted this old posting;

"Jesus Loves Me!
Jesus loves me this I know;
For the Bible tells me so;
Little ones to him belong;
They are weak but he is strong;
Yes Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me, the Bible tells me so!
Jesus loves the Aborigine;
From the land across the sea;
And he loves the Cowboys too;
With their Horse and big lasso
Yes Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me, the Bible tells me so!
Jesus loves the Indian Boy;
Bow and arrow for his toy;
And he loves the Eskimos too;
Snow and ice make their Igloo!
And He loves the China men too;
With their smiles and big Ah Choo!
And he loves the African Boys
Wild animals are their toys!

I am not sure if I got the words right or not, and I picked up 4 trackers searching, but I do know all cultures and colours and nationalities are loved by Jesus!"

GOD Bless ~ Andrew has been deep in my thoughts and there has been much time for reflection; I have a long way to go and consider myself a fledgeling in the land where Eagles soar :)

(((*_*)))

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I trained in a Catholic hospital: St. Mary's Medical Center in Long Beach. There was no charity care there at all. Uninsured patients and patients with Medicaid (called Medi-Cal in California) that were stable enough for transfer went to Harbor-UCLA Medical Center in Torrance, the county hospital. The nuns called themselves the Sisters of Charity.
I think the whole Christian charity thing is mostly talk. You may recall a discussion that Riverside Redneck and I had on the matter a while back, the one where he produces to church audits on the Internet, and I reported the fraction of the contributions that Mother Teresa collected in the UK that went to charity. None of them reported over 8% of their collections going to help the needy. I pointed out in any phony charity, a few percent is generally spent for appearances. From http://jonathanturley.org/2012/07/01/the-myth...
"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the Mormon Church), which touts its charitable work, spent 0.7% of it overall revenue on charitable causes. Compare that figure with the American Red Cross which spends 92.1% of its revenue on the physical needs of those it helps ... The best of the worst appears to be the United Methodist Church which allocated about 29% of its revenues to charitable causes in 2010. Any secular charity that posted a 29% rate would be given a score of F by CharityWatch."
Evidence based thinkers should reject the claim that the church provides significant help to the needy unless that claim has been verified by secular sources.
I know for a fact that the local "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the Mormon Church)" pays people bills when they can't afford them, along with many other things. They are volunteer workers and not only that, they pay for equipment for hospitals in poorer communities (can't call them countries because some of those poor communities are in very rich, powerfilled countries) and I have no idea how you have calculated 0.7% as a correct figure, but you are wrong.

Perhaps their own Charity is not recognised at a Charitable organisation, but your figures and reality are simply not adding up. Can't talk about the others because I don't know, but I do not believe in Temples that are built in a rich fashion and style when there are people hungry.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>GOoD Mornin' Judy... yeah, the weather has been up & down my way also. Hope Wayne continues to get better.
Thank you for the lovely thoughts and the same goes out to you also.
Howdy Quin ~ just wanted you to know that I have read your posting to Judy and wanted to join in :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You didn't show me that man is as evil as ever.
Your story of Muslims burning people in the name of Allah illustrated by contrast how much progress secular humanists have made in the West, and that Islam is as barbaric as Christianity was.
Man is not defined by sadistic religious fanatics. Humanists are a part of mankind, too - the better part, and the part that your church refuses to acknowledge, let alone thank.
Your reasoning defies logic ~ you don't believe in GOD so of course, religion is man made........ who is making what progress?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa.....Tecumseh was a very WISE Leader....Wasn't he?
I don't know anything about him but I thought those words were spectacular :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 532,141 - 532,160 of596,643
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

645 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Truth 512,427
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 min waaasssuuup 440,863
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 5 min Flower-Child 52,537
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min The real Woody 109,867
Gay Snapchat Names 12 min robertcockmuncher 1,382
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min It aint necessarily so 681,050
teen snapchat nudes 24 min Jasmine 140
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min Aerobatty 217,345
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 37 min KiMare 89,643
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 5 hr nikeelite0193 291
•••
•••
•••