“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#555833 Jul 10, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Are you having a phantom itch, no one has ancestors from America.
Derp

Location hidden

#555834 Jul 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it appears he had a heart attack at work ~ had been unusually quiet that day and just slumped over. At least it was all over quickly but we do know he had personal issues that were eating at him, and perhaps he died of a broken heart.... A very well loved and cared for Father, Son, Brother, Uncle, Friend and Confidant, that is very easily seen :)
Thanks for sharing. So sad, the loss of a loved one. Yet, so joyous for those who have gone on to be with the Lord. I personally enjoyed the information he shared.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#555836 Jul 10, 2013
A naughty person a wicked man walketh with a forward mouth.

He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers.

Forwardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord.

Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall be broken without remedy.

These six things doth the Lord hate; yea seven are an abomination.

A false witness that speaketh lies and he that soweth discord among brethren.

A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood.

An heart deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#555837 Jul 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobb asked his co-worker...and they said he was at work and wasn't as tlkative as usual and just lowered his head on his desk and died. It was a sudden Heart attack....
He leaves his wife and son I believe....
Thanks for sharing Pam. I am reminded of an old song. This world is not my home. We are here but for a moment. May we who remain, when our time comes, be found in service to the Lord.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#555838 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'm not wrong. Even though Christianity is on the decline in America, it's on the rise worldwide.
<quoted text>
QUICK!!
Move that goalpost!!
Would like me to put it back where you planted it the first time?

Location hidden

#555840 Jul 10, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning, I'm very well thanks... how are you? How is the Hebrew lessons progressin' with ya?
<quoted text>True that.
<quoted text>I appreciate it. It's good to step away from topixland sometimes, even if just for a little while.
<quoted text>The feeling is mutual, B-man...
Good afternoon Qu :)Hebrew lessons are going good :) I am enjoying :) I agree. Sometimes a break is good :) Good to see you posting :)
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#555841 Jul 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
I love that song.
Silence takes on a life all of its own...sometimes unsettling...most often however it is revealing.
I wonder what the prophets wrote on the subway walls.
I believe they wrote - For a good time, call Mary Magdalene...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#555842 Jul 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I can RR...
I admit...I did not know that passage word for word...I did however know that it existed and the meaning behind it.
Yup. So do I. Notice that I said nothing about myself.

Location hidden

#555843 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure it's on the decline in America? And on the rise worldwide?
Yes

Yes

Location hidden

#555844 Jul 10, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Are you having a phantom itch, no one has ancestors from America.
I do.

Erm...

I mean.

RR does.

Location hidden

#555845 Jul 10, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Would like me to put it back where you planted it the first time?
Yes please.

I worked very hard on that.

Thank you.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#555846 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!
I met with a brother of mine last night and he disturbingly spoke of how he used to break into houses and treat people bad, etc., but that belief in God and Jesus turned him around. So we have this lost kid, becomes criminal, gives that up b/c of religious experience.
I began wondering that, if religions were removed tomorrow, what kind of social institution could fulfill that role - clearly the emotional and spiritual experiences motivated this young man to adjust his life (filled him with guilt and horror at his actions).
It's hard for me to imagine an atheist institution being so compelling.
You better watch out ...that kind of thinking will earn you the "label" Christard.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#555847 Jul 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

This charity thing is worth exposing, since it is the basis of the church's claim to be of value to society, and it is the justification for giving it tax exempt status as a charity.

I'm a little unhappy with RR's attempt at deception here. It's one thing to believe something in error and argue it. But if you are forced to resort to deception early in the argument as he did with that mother-in-law stunt, you need to realize that you don't have an argument, and that you are on the wrong side of the debate.

If that kind of thing doesn't matter to a poster - and it rarely does to the zealous Christian promoting his church - then yes, that poster needs to be disregarded. That is, if you don't share my values about truth - what it is, how it is determined, and how important it is - then I won't have much interest in your opinions when they contradict mine.
Right you are.
To paint the RCC as good is to paint evil as moral.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#555848 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
Yes
Well, that sucks.

I hope it's being replaced with humanism in America, and replacing worse religions in the world. I'd hate to think of Christianity dying out to a nastier religion, or replacing a nice one.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#555849 Jul 10, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
You better watch out ...that kind of thinking will earn you the "label" Christard.
Just reporting what I see, ma'am.

Montreal

#555850 Jul 10, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you apparently haven't heard, there's no such thing as gravity........

http://www.theonion.com/articles/evangelical-...
I really hope you're joking...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#555851 Jul 10, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe they wrote - For a good time, call Mary Magdalene...
LOL

Hey! How are you?

Montreal

#555852 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I do.

Erm...

I mean.

RR does.
So I see you admit you have no defense and that the RCC only gives 2.7 percent if their earnings to charities.
Why else would you completely ignore my posts and not offer up any rebuttals on top of that.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#555853 Jul 10, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing Pam. I am reminded of an old song. This world is not my home. We are here but for a moment. May we who remain, when our time comes, be found in service to the Lord.
I Love that song.....I just sent to your in box (Facebook)(a picture of Andrew and his wife and son...His son is so cute.....SAD....

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#555854 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. So do I. Notice that I said nothing about myself.
So...do you think that your charitable contributions are included in those figures that you gave?

If Christian charity work is to be kept secret how did anyone come up with a figure?

When I have contributed to charity no one has ever asked me if I was Christian or not. They just took my donation. How would anyone know where to include amounts that I gave.

I have donated to church run organizations before and they did not ask if I was Christian. Do you think that since it was Christian based that I (a non-Christian) got put in their percentages.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min LOUD LOO 743,652
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Dally Mama 228,559
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 18 min Johnny 606
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 26 min andet1987 4,597
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 41 min Johnny 3,354
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 545,056
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Mandela 118,283
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr MUQ1 260,188
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr mdbuilder 174,202
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 10 hr Sexy bottom 975