Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#555825 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
ooo la la
You can copy/paste.
Sure I can RR...

I admit...I did not know that passage word for word...I did however know that it existed and the meaning behind it.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#555826 Jul 10, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You nailed that one.
He has very good form. You should always keep your knees bent before landing.
hahaha. I think I would find the controls painful to use.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#555827 Jul 10, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Are you having a phantom itch, no one has ancestors from America.
Native Americans...?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#555828 Jul 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me share a couple of anecdotes about what happens when you try to do the right thing in medicine in America.
I used to do disability exams for the state. One patient I saw was a 35-40 year old mother of several children with severe deforming rheumatoid arthritis. This is what that looks like:http://www.cedars-sinai.e du/Patients/Health-Conditions/ Images/354031_Adv_Rheumatoid_A rthritis-2sm.jpg
It is possible to prevent that nowadays thanks to one of the many miracles of modern therapeutics, a class of drugs called DMARDs, which prevent the deformity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disease-modifyin...
I reviewed her medical records. She had been under the care of one physician for the last ten years who rotated between ibuprofen and naproxen, which only treat pain, but do not modify the natural course of the disease like the DMARDS. That was gross negligence. With tears in my eyes, I reported him to the state. He was a danger to the community. The only result was that they told him about my complaint.
A few years later, I was referred a woman with fulminating gangrene of the foot from her podiatrist who had treated the problem inadequately. He only did so because she was almost dead. She was a diabetic in crisis. I admitted her to the ICU withing the hour. I ordered IV Trovan as my antibiotic and they substituted Levaquin - not equivalent. They also failed to shoot the X-rays I ordered, and effed up the IV insulin. She lost the leg before the weekend was through, in part because of incompetence of the podiatrist, and in the part because of the hospital.
I went to the family and told them about it. The patient's husband was a preacher. They sued me and everybody else. I got advance notice from the surgeon who had just been served that I was next. I was shocked at the betrayal. I knew that once I had been served, I would be prevented from speaking to the family, so I raced to their home before the process server arrived. They told me that somebody had to pay, and they didn't care who.
I was eventually dropped from the case for a $25,000 payment from my malpractice insurer. One can always get that, even though it's an admission that they considered me an unfit target. They had no case against me, but they sued me anyway for another 25 grand.
The podiatrist and the hospital both blamed me for the lawsuit, and neither was too happy with my forthrightness.
I never did anything like either of those things again.
Now what were you asking? How these decisions are made? Defensively.
Wow, that's terrible. Clearly a different system needs to be in place.

At least you took moral actions to benefit your patients.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#555829 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'm not wrong. Even though Christianity is on the decline in America, it's on the rise worldwide.
Are you sure it's on the decline in America? And on the rise worldwide?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#555831 Jul 10, 2013
<quoted text>
No, but one poster wrote, "R.I.P., brother. Your troubles and heartache are over. You have gone to the land of no tears and no sorrow."
They rest are all skirting around the issue, which strongly suggests that it was suicide, especially since the death was sudden, unexpected, and occurred in a young man with no known significant medical problems. There would have been mention of something had this been murder, an accidental drug overdose, a burst cerebral aneurysm, a traffic accident, or any of the other commonest non-suicide causes of death in a young man.
Nobody would want to discuss suicide in a man of faith.
Hello IANS :) Hmm I don't find that information to be sufficient to come to that conclusion. However, I don't have any problem discussing a person of faith committing suicide. I think suicide would indicate a lack of faith. But even those with the greatest amount of faith fall into the category of "Ye of little faith". Suicide is quite sad for a number of reasons. Lack of faith that God will see a person through, and the burden that person must have been feeling to contemplate suicide. Another one is that no one was able to sense the burden and/or be able to reach them and help them through. Their is so much pain in the world. And it is one of my objectives in life to ease or intervene and absorb, redirect to my self or what ever I can to help others. Suicide has briefly crossed my mind many times in my life. Any thought process though has always been stopped by the thought of two words, but God. Things are impossible. But God can do all things and nothing is impossible for him. I've screwed up too bad or too many times. But God can turn things around when I can't, and he has. This is turning into a sermon and that is not my intent. I just have no problem talking about suicide and a person of faith. These are just some of my thoughts on the matter. I appreciate your sharing yours. Have a great day :)

Location hidden

#555832 Jul 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Howdy Bernie :)
Howdy Serah :)

Location hidden

#555833 Jul 10, 2013
Bongo wrote:
Derp

Location hidden

#555834 Jul 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it appears he had a heart attack at work ~ had been unusually quiet that day and just slumped over. At least it was all over quickly but we do know he had personal issues that were eating at him, and perhaps he died of a broken heart.... A very well loved and cared for Father, Son, Brother, Uncle, Friend and Confidant, that is very easily seen :)
Thanks for sharing. So sad, the loss of a loved one. Yet, so joyous for those who have gone on to be with the Lord. I personally enjoyed the information he shared.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#555836 Jul 10, 2013
A naughty person a wicked man walketh with a forward mouth.

He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers.

Forwardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord.

Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall be broken without remedy.

These six things doth the Lord hate; yea seven are an abomination.

A false witness that speaketh lies and he that soweth discord among brethren.

A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood.

An heart deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#555837 Jul 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobb asked his co-worker...and they said he was at work and wasn't as tlkative as usual and just lowered his head on his desk and died. It was a sudden Heart attack....
He leaves his wife and son I believe....
Thanks for sharing Pam. I am reminded of an old song. This world is not my home. We are here but for a moment. May we who remain, when our time comes, be found in service to the Lord.

Location hidden

#555838 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'm not wrong. Even though Christianity is on the decline in America, it's on the rise worldwide.
<quoted text>
QUICK!!
Move that goalpost!!
Would like me to put it back where you planted it the first time?

Location hidden

#555840 Jul 10, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning, I'm very well thanks... how are you? How is the Hebrew lessons progressin' with ya?
<quoted text>True that.
<quoted text>I appreciate it. It's good to step away from topixland sometimes, even if just for a little while.
<quoted text>The feeling is mutual, B-man...
Good afternoon Qu :)Hebrew lessons are going good :) I am enjoying :) I agree. Sometimes a break is good :) Good to see you posting :)
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#555841 Jul 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
I love that song.
Silence takes on a life all of its own...sometimes unsettling...most often however it is revealing.
I wonder what the prophets wrote on the subway walls.
I believe they wrote - For a good time, call Mary Magdalene...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#555842 Jul 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I can RR...
I admit...I did not know that passage word for word...I did however know that it existed and the meaning behind it.
Yup. So do I. Notice that I said nothing about myself.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#555843 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure it's on the decline in America? And on the rise worldwide?
Yes

Yes

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#555844 Jul 10, 2013
Bongo wrote:
I do.

Erm...

I mean.

RR does.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#555845 Jul 10, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Would like me to put it back where you planted it the first time?
Yes please.

I worked very hard on that.

Thank you.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#555846 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!
I met with a brother of mine last night and he disturbingly spoke of how he used to break into houses and treat people bad, etc., but that belief in God and Jesus turned him around. So we have this lost kid, becomes criminal, gives that up b/c of religious experience.
I began wondering that, if religions were removed tomorrow, what kind of social institution could fulfill that role - clearly the emotional and spiritual experiences motivated this young man to adjust his life (filled him with guilt and horror at his actions).
It's hard for me to imagine an atheist institution being so compelling.
You better watch out ...that kind of thinking will earn you the "label" Christard.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#555847 Jul 10, 2013
<quoted text> http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

This charity thing is worth exposing, since it is the basis of the church's claim to be of value to society, and it is the justification for giving it tax exempt status as a charity.

I'm a little unhappy with RR's attempt at deception here. It's one thing to believe something in error and argue it. But if you are forced to resort to deception early in the argument as he did with that mother-in-law stunt, you need to realize that you don't have an argument, and that you are on the wrong side of the debate.

If that kind of thing doesn't matter to a poster - and it rarely does to the zealous Christian promoting his church - then yes, that poster needs to be disregarded. That is, if you don't share my values about truth - what it is, how it is determined, and how important it is - then I won't have much interest in your opinions when they contradict mine.
Right you are.
To paint the RCC as good is to paint evil as moral.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min UWarRaceDoMakeWor... 773,448
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min truth 558,854
kelly bright 1 hr bigbadwolf91869 1
Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 1 hr Sniper II 95
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr truth 5,704
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ruby88 53,246
Snow in Chicago! 2 hr andet1987 21
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 264,978
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr AN NFL FAN 119,633
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Catcher1 175,509
More from around the web