Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#555925 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!
I met with a brother of mine last night and he disturbingly spoke of how he used to break into houses and treat people bad, etc., but that belief in God and Jesus turned him around. So we have this lost kid, becomes criminal, gives that up b/c of religious experience.
I began wondering that, if religions were removed tomorrow, what kind of social institution could fulfill that role - clearly the emotional and spiritual experiences motivated this young man to adjust his life (filled him with guilt and horror at his actions).
It's hard for me to imagine an atheist institution being so compelling.
You brought to mind solitude and prisoners here;

***The jail cell conversion from “sinner to saint” or from nonbeliever to true believer is
awell-known,indeed almost clichéd character arch in feel-good fiction,history, and media accounts. Yet this dramatic example of a “quantum change”— a sudden identity transformation qualitatively different from the more common, incremental
changes in human development (see Miller & C’deBaca, 1994)—has received relatively little systematic attention in the social science literature (Clear et al., 1992).

http://johnjayresearch.org/cje/files/2012/10/... ***

Maybe some people end up in prison to find GOD?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#555926 Jul 10, 2013
James the lesser

The Bible reveals little about this James-only that he is a son of Alphaeus. Most scholars think a different James wrote the biblical espistle of that name.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#555927 Jul 10, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk on he WWW.. Your distaste for homosexuality..
Your very character cries thAt you are anti homosexuality - you believe -. it's because it is what Christ commands of you..
Yet- you have told this thread- yourself and your wife "were" homosexuals at one time..
I believe your fear of this world and hunger to leave it for streets of gold- are because you are ashamed-
You were born gay..
And so was your wife.
- yet- you claim you feel Christ in your heart.. None the less.
. I feel I was born hetrosexual.. And Christian. Do not believe I choose either..
You are stuck between two worlds....a homosexual can be a Christian..
- many are...
Yet- you cause trouble for those who want to come out of the closet.,
And my wish to you and your wife would be --to live and let live,
Honestly, stfu. Regarding "sins" Chris.
You support Hitler's mentality, whether you chose to believe so, or not.
Very, very good post.

You nailed it.

Location hidden

#555928 Jul 10, 2013
Thaddaeus

Several stories connect Thaddaeus known as Lebbaeus or Jude to Persia. According to Eastern tradition he coverted the city of Edessa after healing its king.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#555929 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful, my friend. LOL
Hahahaha Some would think that. But I have no problem agreeing with you :) And I have no problem disagreeing with you :) If someone has a problem with that, well, they have a problem. I don't :) Something I find interesting is that Saul probably couldn't stand someone like Paul. That is until the Damascus road experience :)
Hopefully the insurance comes through for you. It just isn't right for these companies to have this kind of power.

A true teacher is like a true preacher. It's not a profession. It's who they are. You will always teach. It's who you are even if you never stepped a foot in a class room or someone takes you out of one.

Have a good night G :) Rest Well :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#555930 Jul 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't do FB, but I would appreciate if you would include me in condolence if you visit there again. I don't particularly care how you present my person. I doubt they would even know who I am, and that's OK too.
Just popped in there to do that for you and Sweet Epi had already done it for you :)

Andrew will know who you are BT and that is what counts....

Location hidden

#555931 Jul 10, 2013
Simon

The Bible calls him Simon the Zealot perhaps a reference to his political affiliation. Later accounts depicts him as a missionary to Persia where he was martyred.

Location hidden

#555933 Jul 10, 2013
Judas Iscariot

Famous for betrayal Judas was paid 30 pieces of silver for leading Roman soldiers to Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. Judas later repented and hanged himself.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#555934 Jul 10, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
John
John and his brother James sons of Zabedee were in Jesus inner circle. The fourth gospel three epistles and the Book of Revelation are attributed to John.
And all those attributions are wrong.

Location hidden

#555935 Jul 10, 2013
Phillip

Like nearly all of the Apostles Phillip hailed from Galilee the region in northern Israel where Jesus ministry was centered. He may have been martyred in Hierapolis.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#555936 Jul 10, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha Some would think that. But I have no problem agreeing with you :) And I have no problem disagreeing with you :) If someone has a problem with that, well, they have a problem. I don't :) Something I find interesting is that Saul probably couldn't stand someone like Paul. That is until the Damascus road experience :)
Hopefully the insurance comes through for you. It just isn't right for these companies to have this kind of power.
A true teacher is like a true preacher. It's not a profession. It's who they are. You will always teach. It's who you are even if you never stepped a foot in a class room or someone takes you out of one.
Have a good night G :) Rest Well :)
Agreed on all counts and the same back to you.
Thanks.

Location hidden

#555937 Jul 10, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The planet doesn't care.
You spit, shit, piss, puke, jizz, bleed and die on it.
Hush, tard.
My, you really are a fuktard , aren't you?

Location hidden

#555938 Jul 10, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Judas Iscariot
Famous for betrayal Judas was paid 30 pieces of silver for leading Roman soldiers to Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. Judas later repented and hanged himself.
Are you reading from a comic book?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#555939 Jul 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Just popped in there to do that for you and Sweet Epi had already done it for you :)
Andrew will know who you are BT and that is what counts....
Thanks for the effort....and I appreciate you both in that.

Location hidden

#555940 Jul 10, 2013
Bartholomew

Some believe he is Nathanael who questioned the Messiah's small-town origin. Can anything good come out of Nazareth. He may have gone to Turkey, India or Armenia.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#555941 Jul 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know we are forbidden to talk about Icons....But I see you have 6 negative ones already...Yesterday morning I had 12 negative ones on each one.....
SOMEONE doesn't want us to talk.....Hmmmmmm
I can't believe you are still giving the icons credence!!
- yikes.. On your part.

Who said you were ever forbidden to talk about the icons?
As a friend, I simply asked you to ignore them.. Because I , truthfully, thought
You were more secure than you seem to be regarding them..

You feel that the person clicking the icons has any influence over who speaks up here??
I am saddened to see this hint of shallowness in you,

Location hidden

#555942 Jul 10, 2013
Thomas

Though doubting Thomas needed to touch Jesus' wounds to be convinced of the resurrection he became a fervent missionary who is said to have proselytized in India.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#555943 Jul 10, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I won't say anything, either.
Have you seen this movie?

I just found it, so, I think I'll watch it, yeah.

Location hidden

#555944 Jul 10, 2013
Matthew

Jesus shocked Jewish society by dining with Levi, who job as a tax collector had made him an outcast. As an apostle Levi was called Matthew and wrote the first Gospel.

Location hidden

#555945 Jul 10, 2013
Matthias

To replace Judas Iscariot the Apostles chose Matthias who was a disciple during Jesus' ministry. Postbiblical lore says he preached in
the land of Cannibals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min ImPeach 26,996
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Gods r Delusion x... 685,891
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Aura Mytha 985,719
solar eclipse a sign of the growing foolishness... 29 min Corvus 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,453
Anyone know nicole horne that works at family d... 2 hr My Comment 5
News Can Americans trust the daily news? (Feb '15) 2 hr Television Engineer 5
More from around the web