#555878 Jul 10, 2013
****""Whither goest thou?".******

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Danville, VA

#555879 Jul 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
PWwrote:
There was an advertisement once for coffee, with a guy looking everywhere in the fridge for the bottle... but could not find it... until he heard a voice call out...“It's on top!” That's a bit like my priorities - top listed with the Plan in operation - and knowing that where it began in the beginning with my Father.
“Our Father who art in heaven...”
-
-Andrew wrote:
If we all had a similar mindset, I could see humanity heading in a better direction, or at least many of us on an individual basis. We began somewhere, someplace at some point in time, and we at least in this existence will end. However, we can choose how we exit as a collective species or even as individuals. We are way too prideful, believing everything should be handed to us on fine china with tooth-picks and paper napkins. We fuss and fight over trivial stuff, and when you look at our history, many of the wars we have fought could have been easily avoided or negotiated. When you look at us as a whole, whenever the earth has a population boom and countries fall into financial chaos, war follows quickly and death and its vengeance along with it. Millions die and the biggest price paid are by people who have nothing to do with it or don't even know what the fight was all about. Many of the people in here are well educated, and some hold multiple degrees, but many portray themselves as educated fools. Repetitive, spiteful, and ugly in nature. They come here just as many who have been here already, and have hardened their hearts not to regard others and convince themselves that their cause is righteous or that people on the other side of the fence should not be tolerated. We don't have to agree with all the things that we do and who we choose to be in order to tolerate each other. beneath it all, the caveman gene still surfaces, time and time again, and we show ourselves to be nothing more than uncivilized, unloving savages.
Well said, I wished we could all take a similar approach.
--
PWwrote:
“Thy Will be done on earth as it is in heaven...”
So that 'the lion and the lamb to lie down together '…
… wars will no longer exist, and the ploughs in reality beaten into ploughshares... not just a figure of speech.
--
Andrew:
Indeed. Swords will be fashioned into plowshares and words of venom and malice into ones of peace, diplomacy, brotherhood and unity. We have been divided for so long and have been fighting for so long, that we do not know how to coexist peacefully, and we don't know when to stop fighting.
--
PW wrote:
For me turning the other cheek is history - tho I don't know how I have a jaw left - growing up with dolphins at sea in front of the boat taught me to keep going, be happy, and at peace with the world around me, yet even such beautiful creatures are used by man where there is danger in uncharted territory as the seas. And in the oceans of Space and Time there is but One who knows the way... a Father who has never let me down... and God of all there is.
Abundant Love returned CS in everlasting Shalom.
Counter_ Balance
--
Andrew:
"This is why people who don't believe in the Creator don't understand. We cannot show them our experiences, we can only share them. When they lean on man and man alone, it is easy to be let down, hurt and suffer loss. Man will always disappoint even despite their best intentions, but we love nonetheless, because it is what we do and who we are. For without love, the foundations of the world already so shaken would collapse in on itself. If one does not seek Him and seek Him without the cynicism and skepticism then they will never find Him. Faith is as much a doorway as it is a key, love is the path, peace is lock and salvation is what is on the other side of the door. This can only be achieved if we can manage to smile, even when things are at its ugliest.
Shalom and much love, health and prosperity my friend PW.
QUO VADIS "

Location hidden

#555880 Jul 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
PWwrote:
There was an advertisement once for coffee, with a guy looking everywhere in the fridge for the bottle... but could not find it... until he heard a voice call out...“It's on top!” That's a bit like my priorities - top listed with the Plan in operation - and knowing that where it began in the beginning with my Father.
“Our Father who art in heaven...”
-
-Andrew wrote:
If we all had a similar mindset, I could see humanity heading in a better direction, or at least many of us on an individual basis. We began somewhere, someplace at some point in time, and we at least in this existence will end. However, we can choose how we exit as a collective species or even as individuals. We are way too prideful, believing everything should be handed to us on fine china with tooth-picks and paper napkins. We fuss and fight over trivial stuff, and when you look at our history, many of the wars we have fought could have been easily avoided or negotiated. When you look at us as a whole, whenever the earth has a population boom and countries fall into financial chaos, war follows quickly and death and its vengeance along with it. Millions die and the biggest price paid are by people who have nothing to do with it or don't even know what the fight was all about. Many of the people in here are well educated, and some hold multiple degrees, but many portray themselves as educated fools. Repetitive, spiteful, and ugly in nature. They come here just as many who have been here already, and have hardened their hearts not to regard others and convince themselves that their cause is righteous or that people on the other side of the fence should not be tolerated. We don't have to agree with all the things that we do and who we choose to be in order to tolerate each other. beneath it all, the caveman gene still surfaces, time and time again, and we show ourselves to be nothing more than uncivilized, unloving savages.
Well said, I wished we could all take a similar approach.
--
PWwrote:
“Thy Will be done on earth as it is in heaven...”
So that 'the lion and the lamb to lie down together '…
… wars will no longer exist, and the ploughs in reality beaten into ploughshares... not just a figure of speech.
--
Andrew:
Indeed. Swords will be fashioned into plowshares and words of venom and malice into ones of peace, diplomacy, brotherhood and unity. We have been divided for so long and have been fighting for so long, that we do not know how to coexist peacefully, and we don't know when to stop fighting.
--
PW wrote:
For me turning the other cheek is history - tho I don't know how I have a jaw left - growing up with dolphins at sea in front of the boat taught me to keep going, be happy, and at peace with the world around me, yet even such beautiful creatures are used by man where there is danger in uncharted territory as the seas. And in the oceans of Space and Time there is but One who knows the way... a Father who has never let me down... and God of all there is.
Abundant Love returned CS in everlasting Shalom.
Counter_ Balance
--
Andrew:
"This is why people who don't believe in the Creator don't understand. We cannot show them our experiences, we can only share them. When they lean on man and man alone, it is easy to be let down, hurt and suffer loss. Man will always disappoint even despite their best intentions, but we love nonetheless, because it is what we do and who we are. For without love, the foundations of the world already so shaken would collapse in on itself. If one does not seek Him and seek Him without the cynicism and skepticism then they will never find Him. Faith is as much a doorway as it is a key, love is the path, peace is lock and salvation is what is on the other side of the door. This can only be achieved if we can manage to smile, even when things are at its ugliest.
Shalom and much love, health and prosperity my friend PW.
....and I, Counter_Stike asks everyone here: QUO VADIS "
Well said.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#555881 Jul 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
So...do you think that your charitable contributions are included in those figures that you gave?
If Christian charity work is to be kept secret how did anyone come up with a figure?
When I have contributed to charity no one has ever asked me if I was Christian or not. They just took my donation. How would anyone know where to include amounts that I gave.
I have donated to church run organizations before and they did not ask if I was Christian. Do you think that since it was Christian based that I (a non-Christian) got put in their percentages.
Having been a charity collector, I know that you certainly don't ask people that. You're glad to get a few bucks and all you ask is:

"Would you like a receipt?"

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#555882 Jul 10, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I really hope you're joking...
Well, The Onion is a joke website.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#555883 Jul 10, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>We all pay for it through tax, with the Medicare Levy.

But I do know that if I hop off the computer, then go out and end up with a serious injury (touch wood, no); it won't break the bank to go to hospital.
Same here, it's a small percentage of our pays that go towards our Medicare and the likes.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#555884 Jul 10, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Well, The Onion is a joke website.
But I REALLY hope that Rider knows that and didn't actually believe the article.

Location hidden

#555885 Jul 10, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
We all pay for it through tax, with the Medicare Levy.
But I do know that if I hop off the computer, then go out and end up with a serious injury (touch wood, no); it won't break the bank to go to hospital.
I have to agree with G's post. Yet, I am convinced something can be and should be done. Your example is a good one and there are many more. In my opinion, both political parties in this country are opposite sides of the same coin. While I do believe there are individuals in both parties that are for the people. But the parties each seam to have the goal of pitting we the people against each other and keeping things in chaos. One of my sisters is a liberal fanatic. And I would be considered a conservative fanatic. Yet on every issue, and I mean every issue, we are able to come up with solutions that we each are satisfied with. Our political leaders on the other hand keep things so muddled up there is no way to solve problems. And it is my opinion that, that is their intent.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#555886 Jul 10, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
We all pay for it through tax, with the Medicare Levy.
I am not even sure if my insurance will cover my treatment. It may also require my taking a leave of absence from teaching for a year. If it doesn't work, by the time I get the paperwork approved for permanent disability I will probably be dead.

I am grateful that to have had an amazing life so far. Just want it to continue.

"What a long strange trip it's been"

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#555887 Jul 10, 2013
Doth not wisdom cry and understanding put forth her voice.

She standeth in the top of high places by the way in the places of the path.

She crieth at the gates at the entry of the city at the coming in at the doors.

Unto you O men I call and my voice is the sons of man.

O ye simple understand wisdom and ye fools, by ye an understanding heart.

Hear for I will speak of excellent things and the opening of my lips shall be right things.

For my mouth shall speak truths and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.

All the words of my mouth are in righteousness there is nothing forward or perverse in them.

They are all plain to him that understandeth and right to them that find knowledge.

Receive my instruction and not silver and knowledge rather than choice gold.

For wisdom dwell with prudence and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

For wisdom is better than rubies and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; pride and arrogancy and the evil way and the forward mouth do I hate.

Counsel is mine and sound wisdom; I am understanding I have strength.

By me Kings reign and princes decree justice.

By me princes rule and nobles even all the judges of the earth.

I love them that love me and those that seek me early shall find me.

Riches and honour are with me yea durable riches and righteousness.

My fruit is better than gold yea than find gold and my revenue than choice silver.

I lead in the way of righteousness in the midst of the paths of judgment.

That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance and I will fill their treasures.

The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way before his works of old.

“LOL Really?”

Danville, VA

#555888 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not even sure if my insurance will cover my treatment. It may also require my taking a leave of absence from teaching for a year. If it doesn't work, by the time I get the paperwork approved for permanent disability I will probably be dead.
I am grateful that to have had an amazing life so far. Just want it to continue.
"What a long strange trip it's been"
You've been teaching me all this year.

Location hidden

#555890 Jul 10, 2013
Attis of Phrygia, born of a virgin Nana on December 25th. Crucified, placed in a tomb and after three days was resurrected.
>Krishna of India, born of a virgin Devaki with a star in the east signaling his coming. He performed miracles with his disciples and upon his death was resurrected.
>Dionysus of Greece, born of a virgin on December 25th, was a traveling teacher who performed miracles such as turning water into wine. He was referred to as "The King of Kings", "God's only begotten Son", "The Alpha and Omega" and many others. And upon his death he was resurrected.
>Mithra of Persia, born of a virgin on December 25th. He had 12 disciples and performed miracles. And upon his death was buried for three days and thus resurrected. He was also referred to as "The Truth", "The Light" and many others. Interestingly, the sacred day of worship of Mithra was Sunday.
The fact of the matter is, there are numerous saviors from different periods from all over the world which subscribe to these general characteristics. The question remains - why these attributes? Why the virgin birth on December 25th? Why death for three days and inevitable resurrection? Why 12 disciples or followers? To find out, let's examine the most recent of the solar messiahs.

Jesus Christ was born of the Virgin Mary on December 25th in Bethlehem. His birth was announced by a star in the east which three kings were managed to follow to locate and adorn a new savior. He was a child teacher at 12 and at the age of 30 he was baptized by John the Baptist. And thus began his ministry.

Jesus had 12 disciples which he traveled about with, performing miracles such as healing the sick, walking on water, raising the dead. He was also known as "The King of Kings", "The Son of God", "The Light of the world", "The Alpha and Omega", "The Lamb of God" and many many others. After being betrayed by his disciple Judas and sold for 30 pieces of silver he was crucified, placed in a tomb and after three days he was resurrected and ascended into heaven.

First of all, the birth sequence is completely astrological. The star in the east is Sirius, the brightest star in the night sky which on December 24th aligns with the three brightest stars in Orion's belt. These three bright stars in the Orion's belt are called today what they were called in ancient times - The Three Kings.

And the Three Kings and the brightest star – Sirius, all point at the place of the sunrise on December 25th. This is why the Three Kings follow the star in the east - in order to locate the sunrise, the birth of the Sun.

The Virgin Mary is the constellation Virgo, also known as Virgo the Virgin. Virgo in Latin means Virgin. The ancient glyph for Virgo is the altered M. This is why Mary along with other virgin mothers, such as Adonis's mother Myrra or Budha's mother Maya begin with an M. Virgo was also referred to as the House of Bread and the representation of Virgo is a virgin holding a sheaf of wheat. This house of bread and its symbol of wheat represent August and September, the time of harvest. In turn, Bethlehem in fact literally translates to "house of bread". Bethlehem is thus a reference to the constellation Virgo - a place in the sky, not on earth.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#555891 Jul 10, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree with G's post.....
Careful, my friend. LOL

Location hidden

#555892 Jul 10, 2013
There's another very interesting phenomenon that occurs around December 25th or the winter solstice. From the summer solstice to the winter solstice the days become shorter and colder. And from the perspective of the northern hemisphere, the Sun appears to move south and gets smaller and more scarce. The shortening of the days and expiration of the crops when approaching the winter solstice symbolized the process of death to the ancients. It was the death of the Sun. And by December 22nd the Sun's demise was fully realized. For the Sun having moved south continually for six months makes it to its lowest point in the sky.
Here a curious thing occurs: the Sun stops moving south, at least perceivably, for three days. And during this three day pause, the Sun resides in the vicinity of the Southern Cross, or Crux constellation. And after this time, on December 25th, the Sun moves one degree, this time north, foreshadowing longer days, warmth and spring. And thus it was said: the Son died in a cross was dead for three days only to be resurrected or born again. This is why Jesus and numerous other Sun gods share the crucifixion, three day death and resurrection concept.
It is the Sun's transition period before it shifts its direction back into the northern hemisphere bringing spring and thus salvation. However, they did not celebrate the resurrection of the Sun until the spring equinox or - Easter. This is because at the spring equinox the Sun officially overpowers the evil darkness as daytime thereafter becomes longer in duration than the night and the revitalizing conditions of spring emerge.
Now, probably the most obvious of all the astrological symbolism around Jesus regards the 12 disciples. They are simply the 12 constellations of the zodiac which Jesus, being the Sun, travels about with. In fact, the number 12 is replete throughout the Bible. This text has more to do with astrology than anything else.
Coming back to the cross of the zodiac, the figurative life of the Sun, this was not just an artistic expression or tool to track the Sun's movement. It was also a pagan spiritual symbol. The shorthand of which looked like this.
This is not a symbol of Christianity. It is a pagan adaptation of the cross of the zodiac. This is why Jesus in earlier cult art is always shown with his head on the cross. For Jesus is the Sun. The Son of God, the light of the world, the risen savior who will come again as it does every morning with the glory of God who defends against the works of darkness, as he is born again every morning and can be seen coming in the clouds, up in heaven with his crown of thorns or sun rays.
Now, of the many astrological/astronomical metaphors in the Bible one of the most important has to do with the ages. Throughout the scriptures there are numerous references to the age. In order to understand this, we need to be familiar with the phenomenon known as the precession of the equinoxes. The ancient Egyptians, along with cultures long before them recognized that approximately every 2150 years the sunrise of the morning of the spring equinox would occur at a different sign of the zodiac. This has to do with the slow angular wobble that the Earth maintains as it rotates on its axes. It is called a "precession" because the constellations go backwards rather than through the normal yearly cycle. The amount of time it takes for the precession to go through all 12 signs is roughly 25.765 years. This is also called the great year and ancient societies were very aware of this and they referred to each 2150 year period as an age:

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#555893 Jul 10, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Kenny!
I have this one in my favs... Just blowing thru, and hope by to-night to get an epistle posted in - in answer to @ Ians - but have been caught up here, and have to go down south today.
Your heart is always read with Love and God Bless.
I see you my Brother!
Hamba kahle... go in Peace.(((*()*))
madam
HU is atheists and he is not your brother-he is nice poster, but he is atheist?
how many tables you join?

Father does properly those sons who constantly reject and remove their own father from their low grade lifes??

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Location hidden

#555894 Jul 10, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
There's another very interesting phenomenon that occurs around December 25th or the winter solstice. From the summer solstice to the winter solstice the days become shorter and colder. And from the perspective of the northern hemisphere, the Sun appears to move south and gets smaller and more scarce. The shortening of the days and expiration of the crops when approaching the winter solstice symbolized the process of death to the ancients. It was the death of the Sun. And by December 22nd the Sun's demise was fully realized. For the Sun having moved south continually for six months makes it to its lowest point in the sky.
Here a curious thing occurs: the Sun stops moving south, at least perceivably, for three days. And during this three day pause, the Sun resides in the vicinity of the Southern Cross, or Crux constellation. And after this time, on December 25th, the Sun moves one degree, this time north, foreshadowing longer days, warmth and spring. And thus it was said: the Son died in a cross was dead for three days only to be resurrected or born again. This is why Jesus and numerous other Sun gods share the crucifixion, three day death and resurrection concept.
It is the Sun's transition period before it shifts its direction back into the northern hemisphere bringing spring and thus salvation. However, they did not celebrate the resurrection of the Sun until the spring equinox or - Easter. This is because at the spring equinox the Sun officially overpowers the evil darkness as daytime thereafter becomes longer in duration than the night and the revitalizing conditions of spring emerge.
Now, probably the most obvious of all the astrological symbolism around Jesus regards the 12 disciples. They are simply the 12 constellations of the zodiac which Jesus, being the Sun, travels about with. In fact, the number 12 is replete throughout the Bible. This text has more to do with astrology than anything else.
Coming back to the cross of the zodiac, the figurative life of the Sun, this was not just an artistic expression or tool to track the Sun's movement. It was also a pagan spiritual symbol. The shorthand of which looked like this.
This is not a symbol of Christianity. It is a pagan adaptation of the cross of the zodiac. This is why Jesus in earlier cult art is always shown with his head on the cross. For Jesus is the Sun. The Son of God, the light of the world, the risen savior who will come again as it does every morning with the glory of God who defends against the works of darkness, as he is born again every morning and can be seen coming in the clouds, up in heaven with his crown of thorns or sun rays.
Now, of the many astrological/astronomical metaphors in the Bible one of the most important has to do with the ages. Throughout the scriptures there are numerous references to the age. In order to understand this, we need to be familiar with the phenomenon known as the precession of the equinoxes. The ancient Egyptians, along with cultures long before them recognized that approximately every 2150 years the sunrise of the morning of the spring equinox would occur at a different sign of the zodiac. This has to do with the slow angular wobble that the Earth maintains as it rotates on its axes. It is called a "precession" because the constellations go backwards rather than through the normal yearly cycle. The amount of time it takes for the precession to go through all 12 signs is roughly 25.765 years. This is also called the great year and ancient societies were very aware of this and they referred to each 2150 year period as an age:
sorry
but your post is very long misch mash mush mess,
I am sure nobody read your bablings about 24 december,or earth rotated axes
We know this before you were born on this poor earth

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#555895 Jul 10, 2013
The Lord possessed me in the beginning before his works of old.

I was set up from everlasting from the beginning or ever the earth was.

When there were no depths I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

Before the mountains were settled before the hills was I brought forth.

While as yet he had not made the earth nor the fields nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

When he prepared the heavens I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

When he gave to the sea his decree that the waters should not pass his commandment; when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

Then I was by him as one brought up with him; and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him.

Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth and my delights were with the sons of men.

Now therefore hearken unto me O yea children for blessed are they that keep my ways.

Blessed is the man that heareth me watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

For whoso ever findeth me findeth life and shall obtain favour of the Lord.

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul all they that hate me love death.

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Location hidden

#555896 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful, my friend. LOL
many times I agree with your posts,and doesn't give any s...if someone like it or don't like it

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#555897 Jul 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks S. Nice aire...
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell Lele,
Decided to pop in (concerning another matter) back tracked a little and saw my name here. And thank you...also hope you and yours are doing well ,too.
I see not much has changed since my last visit, so no wonder why those visits are infrequent. Everyone wants their 'say', all want their 'opinion' to matter- to go further- to be 'right'. Much is lost in the 'noise'...it becomes a "shouting match" of sorts; ire rises , lines are drawn,'ears' are deafened - nothing is gained. I submit again there are much better forums for true debate one to one - "mano a mano"- if you will. But having a 'captive audience' is appealing - a "look at me" 'neon sign' moment. Why 'social media'(is it really?) flourishes, many can be 'somebody', and whoever(whatever) they desire to be. And then there are the 'words'....
Words. Words on a page(screen), not spoken , they are 'harmless', right? Many (believers included) would like to think so , to bifurcate that conveyed in one medium from that of speech. Yet, aren't "words on a page" held in high esteem on particular documents and books ? Is it not the thought/intent they convey? One is not typing random words(ahem- one notable exception- another story)here, but that which is already a part of their 'thoughts',being,...their 'essence'. Even trolls or 'opinion hacks'- do what they do because of their 'belief' in something.
Words can edify,or harm. I sense responsibility is much greater in writing in that another at times can't sense ones 'tone' or 'inflection', see 'body language' or look 'eye-to-eye'. Yet also a reason why some may write things to another they'd dare not say face-to-face.
Can others disagree without being 'disagreeable'? Have no 'Pollyanna-ish' bend, but I believe it can be done - more often than not. Disagreements can also be taken private, but here seemingly rarely are, by the 'tit-for-tat' seen. Will it change? Not anytime soon ,I'm afraid, again read above. But if one would just refuse to give it play, to 'dial down the volume', it could be a start. Just some thoughts....
Cheers...and a Great Day to All.
-
Thank you BT42-
I would not have seen this post from Senecus to me, if not for your response to him.

Location hidden

#555898 Jul 10, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry
but your post is very long misch mash mush mess,
I am sure nobody read your bablings about 24 december,or earth rotated axes
We know this before you were born on this poor earth
I understand, you have an attention span of about a 30 sec commercial. Ah ; you seem very confident that you are older, very interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min Clearwater 18,133
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Robert F 684,020
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 44 min Aerobatty 983,396
harthside COOKIES 1 hr i was there 1
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 4 hr Mikeylikesit 29
Any women like to sit on guys faces and fart? (Feb '15) 6 hr Jimjim3100 21
Testing. 8 hr ImPeach 3
More from around the web