Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The author of that "news story" has been on the show "The Atheist Experience".
I doubt her honesty in this "story".
I'd ask two questions;
1) How many times was the test conducted?
2) Were the results exactly the same each time?

If not, the test is inconclusive and proves nothing.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one.
It's a pie chart ...any kindergarten age child can draw one.

This one offers no proof of any kind to substantiate it's claim.

It appears the religious arn't the only one's ask to follow along blindly.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
...The article I posted said that they pay out 57% of their annual income to their health care networks.....
Correct and I provided a link to one of their Health Care Newtworks which turns out to be for EMPLOYEES OF THE RCC!!!!!

You are such a twit!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
stop gossip you old cow,
and get love,peace,and compassion watching your son to be f...in his a....
you are stupid prophet,prophecing about cyber muts who is happy,or not,who got life or not,who is loved or not?
try to be loved by others and only mind you mother f....own life private business
wipe up your wicked face,and buy diapers for monthly period to your boy gay to stop monthly leaks
Well now you went and f.....up. You left the "God Bless" off of the end of your post.

Next time make sure to add it...that way you get your pats on the back and "Good post" praise.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You doubt her honesty because you assume that she is atheist?
Do you believe that all non-Christians are less than honest...or only atheist?
When one is inculcated into a religious system that solely relies on deceit, one assumes that everyone else is lying, too.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>....
It appears the religious arn't the only one's ask to follow along blindly.
Political parties do the same thing.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless. Sorry to see this on Andrew. Take care.
You too Chris ~ and GOD Bless you and yours too, it just goes to show we never really know what is just around the corner....

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Why should anyone care if someone else 'sins'?

Isn't the point for us not to commit 'sins' ourselves ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

If Christians are "saved by Jesus" why do they care if the people they don't like go to Hell ?

I am in a nice air conditioned house and could care less if someone I despise is sweating his balls off.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
G_O_D wrote:
The Buddhist one has at least a buck in it.
And no coins, because change is an illusion.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
My mother in law died in a Catholic hospital. The bill was just over $225,000. My father in law paid nothing.
You left almost everything relevant out of this story.
Bongo wrote:
Insurance company will get a bill for 225k and the hosp. will settle for 80k , the actual price.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ya, that's true.
Bingo, Bongo.

And this is why skepticism for claims of Christian charity is warranted.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
You don't understand. Habitat for Humanity is a non-profit, too. So then why do they charge people for the houses they build? A: They give people a no interest home loan, use any profit to cover expenses and to pay for the next project. Just like Catholic hospitals.
I'm afraid that you're the one not understanding. Your credibility in this area is shot just like your church's. You just got caught trying to misrepresent a Catholic hospital as charitable while it was doing very profitable business. Didn't you say that this "charity" billed eleven grand for bedding? And now you try to make this business that gouges people seem similar to habitat for humanity, a real charity - and a secular charity.

This is as revealing as the church audits you provided a few months back. http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

That was the result of me having once asked you why secular society should value the church, and you answered that it was because of all of the valuable charitable work it does, a claim that I challenged. That was the beginning of our disagreement about whether there is more than a few percent thrown to the poor for appearance, and why I said that I would not believe it without independent audits.

That claim of doing significant charitable work is also the justification for its subsidization by tax payers with tax breaks. I predict that when the Christian majority has died back enough to create a humanist majority, that this will all change. It time for new values.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
The author of that "news story" has been on the show "The Atheist Experience". I doubt her honesty in this "story".
You have an impressive confirmation bias. You are committed to believing that your church is good and charitable, and that atheists/humanists are dishonest and untrustworthy, when actually, it is the other way around.

Incidentally, I looked for that appearance and couldn't find it. I suspect that your information is not good.

What I did find, however, was her (Meredith Bennett-Smith) story about a recent episode of the Atheist Experience, which you can read at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/08/athe...

Her article contains a brief embedded clip that illustrates why these atheists are better people that the Christians that call into their show, and why you have picked the wrong side of this debate. From the article, here's what was said on the clip:

"Harris directs the following statement to [the caller] Shane:“You either have a God who sends child rapists to rape children or you have a God who simply watches it and says,‘When you’re done, I’m going to punish you.' If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would. That’s the difference between me and your God."

"Shane begins his response by saying,“First of all, you portray that little girl as someone who’s innocent, she’s just as evil as you.” Dillahunty then cuts off the call and spits, "Good-bye, you piece of s**t."

Like I said, you've chosen to trust the wrong people, and to distrust the wrong people. The atheists there - Matt Dillahunty and Tracie Harris - are fine people. I have listened to hours of each of them, and read most of her comic strip
[ http://www.atheist-community.org/atheisteve/ ].

The Christian was like so many I have read here in these threads. From http://www.topix.com/forum/city/weston-wv/TUV... [original post removed]

Christian Warrior wrote: "Lewis County children are sinful and wicked in the eyes of our Lord. The irredeemable sins of the Godless fathers and mothers in this town have already been visited upon them. Make no mistake -- children or not, they will burn in Hell for turning their backs on Christ. The town doesn't need parks, skating rinks, or amusement parks. What the county needs is more churches and parents willing to take their children there everyday of the week if necessary, until they understand and respect the power of Christ. Godless children are not "innocent" in the eyes of our Lord -- they are depraved and unrighteous sinners who deserve no sympathy until they have been made to see the light. Read the Bible. It IS God's word."

Wasn't that beautiful? As I said, you have chosen the wrong side, and you have a huge confirmation bias supporting that choice.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Roman Apologist wrote:
I'm asking about medical ethics because there's a local news story about a woman who's organs were almost donated by mistake when she was still alive. Doctors had declared her dead, and when they went to remove the organs she regained consciousness. Now the hospital in question has to pay a fine, and I think some doctors got into trouble over the whole mess. I was wondering if you could provide me with information about how such decisions are made to fine hospitals and discipline doctors in these cases. Here's a link to the newspaper article.
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/0...
No, I can't help you with how that group made the specific decisions it made.

I could tell you how ethics committees that I have served on work, although I'm sure that you can guess. Cased are presented to a committee, discussed, and judgments are made.

Did you have a specific question? What is your purpose in asking?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

blind man n the bleachers wrote:
Has anyone been on his page and asked what happened?
No, but one poster wrote, "R.I.P., brother. Your troubles and heartache are over. You have gone to the land of no tears and no sorrow."

They rest are all skirting around the issue, which strongly suggests that it was suicide, especially since the death was sudden, unexpected, and occurred in a young man with no known significant medical problems. There would have been mention of something had this been murder, an accidental drug overdose, a burst cerebral aneurysm, a traffic accident, or any of the other commonest non-suicide causes of death in a young man.

Nobody would want to discuss suicide in a man of faith.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Dr shrink wrote:
LOUD FART AT YOUR FACE IS MUCH ENOGUH?isnt? go ahead you half head d.......stick my post inside of your gay a... and report dr Shrink ,you poor cyber coward and mexican farting pig
see you later he heeeeeeeeeeee poor troll
Tell me about that promised peace that passeth all understanding that your god promises you. And the promised fruits of the spirit. Please tell me about those.

Your religion is a fraud.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Regarding "Homeless Man 'Tests' Kindness Of Religions; Atheist Passersby Seem To Give Most Money" at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/01/home...
hick-up wrote:
I'd ask two questions;
1) How many times was the test conducted?
2) Were the results exactly the same each time?
If not, the test is inconclusive and proves nothing.
I don't think the test was offered as scientific, which may be why the word "tests" is in single quotes in the title of the piece.

Speaking of confirmation biases, can you please explain how you decide when to be skeptical, and when faith will do? What kinds of things will you believe uncritically simply because you were told them, and what kinds of things do you need scientific evidence for?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/T0N0LORUMAROFEJGO/post 555635
<quoted text>
And no coins, because change is an illusion.
LOL

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Nobody would want to discuss suicide in a man of faith.
I would.
I think it took a lot more faith and courage than most people have.
I won't condemn the man if that is what happened.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
You doubt her honesty because you assume that she is atheist? Do you believe that all non-Christians are less than honest...or only atheist?
Christians are taught to distrust atheists. This is what their bible has to say about us:

[1] "The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1

[2] "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." - Revelation 21:8

[3]“Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”- 2 Corinthians 6:14

We are described as corrupt, vile,abominable godless vessels controlled by the most evil force in the universe. They are taught that we are fit to be burned alive forever as the moral equivalent of murderers because not one of us does good. Would you trust that?

Isolation is a staple in cultic technique as well as in abusive relationships, which are essentially just tiny cults of personality.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

497 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min It aint necessarily so 722,184
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Patrick 224,648
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min confrinting with the word 533,582
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min bad bob 172,549
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 19 min ocxz 115,621
Sacramento Addiction Therapist Uses Her Educati... 33 min The Addictions Coach 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 256,978
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 17 hr reree 86
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••