Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#555788 Jul 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.....Very true....I'm the quiet type
It's not how much you talk.....Its what you say.....Besides it's hard to get a word in edgewise with all these LOUD men.......
I have different thoughts on that...

Battles are not won by those that speak the loudest and say the most but are lost by those that remain silent and say nothing.

There is a balance though...

When the silent speak up...they need to make sure that they do not become those that need to shut up!

Then again...

There are some that speak the loudest...yet say nothing!

Hmmmm

Yet there are times that the silence can be deafening...speak volumes...and my favorite...

The answer can sometimes be found in the silence.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#555789 Jul 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't do FB, but I would appreciate if you would include me in condolence if you visit there again. I don't particularly care how you present my person. I doubt they would even know who I am, and that's OK too.
Will do BT....

We'll say "Capn" sends his condolences

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#555790 Jul 10, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Lacez wrote:
Thanks for replying to his comment, I didn't feel like looking too much into it and wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt on something I didn't fully understand. This taught me something; never trust RR's word because he rarely knows what he's talking about (I knew that before, but thought he could be right on at least one thing).
This charity thing is worth exposing, since it is the basis of the church's claim to be of value to society, and it is the justification for giving it tax exempt status as a charity.

I'm a little unhappy with RR's attempt at deception here. It's one thing to believe something in error and argue it. But if you are forced to resort to deception early in the argument as he did with that mother-in-law stunt, you need to realize that you don't have an argument, and that you are on the wrong side of the debate.

If that kind of thing doesn't matter to a poster - and it rarely does to the zealous Christian promoting his church - then yes, that poster needs to be disregarded. That is, if you don't share my values about truth - what it is, how it is determined, and how important it is - then I won't have much interest in your opinions when they contradict mine.

Watford, UK

#555791 Jul 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.....Very true....I'm the quiet type
It's not how much you talk.....Its what you say.....Besides it's hard to get a word in edgewise with all these LOUD men.......
Fair enough - I don't always say a lot myself; although I do sometimes jump into the hurly-burly of heated discussion.

Watford, UK

#555792 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not wrong. Even though Christianity is on the decline in America, it's on the rise worldwide.
It is in China, where they will do things their own way.

They've already upset Rome by ordaining their own bishops.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#555793 Jul 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Battles are not won by those that speak the loudest and say the most but are lost by those that remain silent and say nothing.
When the silent speak up...they need to make sure that they do not become those that need to shut up!
Then again...
Hmmmm
Yet there are times that the silence can be deafening...speak volumes...and my favorite...
I Stand Up for Jesus.....But I am not compelled to debate and argue....I mean if someone doesn't believe...FINE....I believe there will be a judgement day someday....Not up to me to Judge

You know me....I mean the thread would be BORING if no one talked.....But.....

>>>silence<< <

***crickets chirping***

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#555794 Jul 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/T0N0LORUMAROFEJGO/post 555688
<quoted text>
This charity thing is worth exposing, since it is the basis of the church's claim to be of value to society, and it is the justification for giving it tax exempt status as a charity.
I'm a little unhappy with RR's attempt at deception here. It's one thing to believe something in error and argue it. But if you are forced to resort to deception early in the argument as he did with that mother-in-law stunt, you need to realize that you don't have an argument, and that you are on the wrong side of the debate.
If that kind of thing doesn't matter to a poster - and it rarely does to the zealous Christian promoting his church - then yes, that poster needs to be disregarded. That is, if you don't share my values about truth - what it is, how it is determined, and how important it is - then I won't have much interest in your opinions when they contradict mine.
Neither of you have demonstrated any dishonesty on my part. I think y'all just don't like my answers.

This is interesting...

91 percent of Christians give to charity
66 percent of atheists give to charity.

Conservatives give more money to charity than Liberals.

67 percent of Christians volunteer.
44 percent of atheists volunteer.

Conservatives volunteer more than Liberals.

Christian families give $2,210 to charity each year.
Atheists families give $642 to charity each year.
Christians give away more money and more time when comparing any income level.

71 percent of Christian families give to non religious charities.
61 percent of atheists families give to non religious charities.

Conservatives give more to non religious charities than Liberals..

60 percent of Christians volunteer for non religious causes.
39 percent of atheists volunteer for non religious causes.

Conservatives volunteer more for non religious causes than Liberals.

Christians give $532 to non religious charities each year.
Atheists $467 to non religious charities each year.

Christians give more blood than atheists.
Christians are more likely to help the 'homeless' with food or money.
Christians are more likely to return excess change to a cashier.
Red states(conservative) give away more money than blue states(liberal) despite lower incomes.

In light of the above it is interesting to note that;

(1) A higher percent of Liberals than conservatives believe that the income discrepency is too large between the poor and rich.
(2) A higher percent of Liberals than conservatives believe that the government should do more to reduce the income discrepancy.
(3) A higher percent of Liberals than conservatives believe that we have become a society of 'have' and 'have nots'.

Even deducting church tithing, Christians give more than atheists. Of 15 large studies being studied and combined it has been shown that that in no measurable way are Liberal atheists more charitable than Christian Conservatives. In fact, of all of the demographic groups studied it is the Liberal atheists who give the least time and money than anyone else.
Each family has a given financial 'capacity' to give monies away to charity. Yet even after the Christian has given a very large amount to religious causes they STILL give more on top of that to non religious causes than atheists

…

God bless you.

Fennario

#555795 Jul 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
I know for a fact that the local "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the Mormon Church)" pays people bills when they can't afford them, along with many other things.
Great! So do I, and apparently several others posting here.

What matters to the taxpayer subsidizing them as a charity is the magnitude of the largesse relative to the size of the tax break, and to whom they are willing to give.

What matters in deciding if they are principally a charitable organization or are just hoping to be perceived as one is the relative amount given to the needy compared to total receipts, especially the needy outside of their church.

Have you heard about the two billion dollar mall that the Mormons just built? It was covered in Bloomberg Busineesweek under Companies and Industries. You can read the article at http://www.businessweek.com/printer/articles/... to get a better sense of the vastness of their business empire.

That's odd for a charity, wouldn't you agree?
Serah wrote:
I have no idea how you have calculated 0.7% as a correct figure, but you are wrong.
It wasn't my figure or my calculation.
Bongo

United States

#555796 Jul 10, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough - I don't always say a lot myself; although I do sometimes jump into the hurly-burly of heated discussion.
Hurly burly ol chap? So youre a saucy topix atheist eh?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#555797 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Thanks RR.
I know now I can never be a Christian because I am far too intelligent and honest.
BTW, I am not an atheist so that is another lie you were caught in.
I hope I end up Hell, far from any perfect people like you.
"because I am far too intelligent..."

LOL! keep telling yourself that, DOG, and one day you may believe it even tho no one else will!

the self-proclaimed genius with the IQ of penny and personality of sheldon cooper;)

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#555798 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a picture of parasailing zombie Jesus just for you!
https://www.google.ca/search...
You nailed that one.

He has very good form. You should always keep your knees bent before landing.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#555799 Jul 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>Will do BT....
We'll say "Capn" sends his condolences
Good enough.
Thanks!

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#555800 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not wrong. Even though Christianity is on the decline in America, it's on the rise worldwide.
Worldwide? Explain to me how that matters to a man who considers his ancestry American.

Fennario

#555801 Jul 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You didn't show me that man is as evil as ever. Your story of Muslims burning people in the name of Allah illustrated by contrast how much progress secular humanists have made in the West, and that Islam is as barbaric as Christianity was. Man is not defined by sadistic religious fanatics. Humanists are a part of mankind, too - the better part, and the part that your church refuses to acknowledge, let alone thank.
Serah wrote:
Your reasoning defies logic ~ you don't believe in GOD so of course, religion is man made.
I'm not sure that you have a proper grasp of what reason is. What you cited would be sound reasoning. You implied as much yourself with the use of the phrase "of course."

Of course, I didn't argue that.
Serah wrote:
who is making what progress?
Humanists.

All moral progress has come from rational ethics - the application of reason and compassion to ethical problems. One of its recent gifts was gay unions.

And all intellectual progress has come from rational skepticism - the application of reason to evidence. One of its recent gifts was the Internet.

What has Christianity (or any other ideology) contributed to ethics or real knowledge in say the last millennium or so? Humanism and rational skepticism gave you science and liberty.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#555802 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither of you have demonstrated any dishonesty on my part. I think y'all just don't like my answers.
This is interesting...
91 percent of Christians give to charity
66 percent of atheists give to charity.
Conservatives give more money to charity than Liberals.
67 percent of Christians volunteer.
44 percent of atheists volunteer.
Conservatives volunteer more than Liberals.
Christian families give $2,210 to charity each year.
Atheists families give $642 to charity each year.
Christians give away more money and more time when comparing any income level.
71 percent of Christian families give to non religious charities.
61 percent of atheists families give to non religious charities.
Conservatives give more to non religious charities than Liberals..
60 percent of Christians volunteer for non religious causes.
39 percent of atheists volunteer for non religious causes.
Conservatives volunteer more for non religious causes than Liberals.
Christians give $532 to non religious charities each year.
Atheists $467 to non religious charities each year.
Christians give more blood than atheists.
Christians are more likely to help the 'homeless' with food or money.
Christians are more likely to return excess change to a cashier.
Red states(conservative) give away more money than blue states(liberal) despite lower incomes.
In light of the above it is interesting to note that;
(1) A higher percent of Liberals than conservatives believe that the income discrepency is too large between the poor and rich.
(2) A higher percent of Liberals than conservatives believe that the government should do more to reduce the income discrepancy.
(3) A higher percent of Liberals than conservatives believe that we have become a society of 'have' and 'have nots'.
Even deducting church tithing, Christians give more than atheists. Of 15 large studies being studied and combined it has been shown that that in no measurable way are Liberal atheists more charitable than Christian Conservatives. In fact, of all of the demographic groups studied it is the Liberal atheists who give the least time and money than anyone else.
Each family has a given financial 'capacity' to give monies away to charity. Yet even after the Christian has given a very large amount to religious causes they STILL give more on top of that to non religious causes than atheists
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dlfEdJNn1XX…
God bless you.
Shhhhhhhh...

Matthew 6:1-4

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.“Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#555803 Jul 10, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You nailed that one.
He has very good form. You should always keep your knees bent before landing.
YES!
And "landing" is nothing more than a controlled crash...

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#555804 Jul 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then again...
Hmmmm

Fennario

#555805 Jul 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
I know we are forbidden to talk about Icons....But I see you have 6 negative ones already...Yesterday morning I had 12 negative ones on each one..... SOMEONE doesn't want us to talk..... Hmmmmmm
Maybe you're being persecuted.

Fennario

#555806 Jul 10, 2013
hick-up wrote:
Thanks for the chat.
Yes, it was pleasant.

Fennario

#555807 Jul 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Epiphany Signing OFF for now....
((*^*))
You had positive icons for this post. Maybe your karma is turning around. You seem to have pissed several somebodies off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Catcher1 48,560
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min kent 646,569
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Aura Mytha 971,632
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 min Brian_G 445,718
Gay sex in ct 8 min Nytryte 2
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 27 min WasteWater 2,043
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 37 min WasteWater 105,575
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 44,682
More from around the web