Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#555740 Jul 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You doubt her honesty because you assume that she is atheist?
Do you believe that all non-Christians are less than honest...or only atheist?
No.

But just as much as atheists don't wanna read anything from a religious based website(because it's biased), I don't care to read the bias opinion of an atheist journalist.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#555741 Jul 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid that you're the one not understanding. Your credibility in this area is shot just like your church's. You just got caught trying to misrepresent a Catholic hospital as charitable while it was doing very profitable business. Didn't you say that this "charity" billed eleven grand for bedding? And now you try to make this business that gouges people seem similar to habitat for humanity, a real charity - and a secular charity.
This is as revealing as the church audits you provided a few months back. http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
That was the result of me having once asked you why secular society should value the church, and you answered that it was because of all of the valuable charitable work it does, a claim that I challenged. That was the beginning of our disagreement about whether there is more than a few percent thrown to the poor for appearance, and why I said that I would not believe it without independent audits.
That claim of doing significant charitable work is also the justification for its subsidization by tax payers with tax breaks. I predict that when the Christian majority has died back enough to create a humanist majority, that this will all change. It time for new values.
Your prediction is invalid. Christianity is still on the rise.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#555742 Jul 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet they are highly offended by being lumped as "all Christians".
I will be glad to share my "Angel of Darkness" title with you. I have no need to be the only "Angel" on this thread.
My thoughts...
We often hear...search the Bible for answers...a demoralizing book at best...at least that is the way it seems to be used by some.
Being fair...there are those that search for the love within those written words...others search for those that can be used to silence that love by demoralizing others.
Never has one book been used in such a way as this one has.
I am not atheist...I was never able to understand how one could not believe that there was no higher power...some unknown force that binds us all...until recently.
The universe is to complex, there is another force at work. I think we've all felt it, some deny it..........JMO......

Have a good day Annie J.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#555743 Jul 10, 2013
<quoted text>
You have an impressive confirmation bias. You are committed to believing that your church is good and charitable, and that atheists/humanists are dishonest and untrustworthy, when actually, it is the other way around.
Incidentally, I looked for that appearance and couldn't find it. I suspect that your information is not good.
What I did find, however, was her (Meredith Bennett-Smith) story about a recent episode of the Atheist Experience, which you can read at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/08/athe...
Her article contains a brief embedded clip that illustrates why these atheists are better people that the Christians that call into their show, and why you have picked the wrong side of this debate. From the article, here's what was said on the clip:
"Harris directs the following statement to [the caller] Shane:“You either have a God who sends child rapists to rape children or you have a God who simply watches it and says,‘When you’re done, I’m going to punish you.' If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would. That’s the difference between me and your God."
"Shane begins his response by saying,“First of all, you portray that little girl as someone who’s innocent, she’s just as evil as you.” Dillahunty then cuts off the call and spits, "Good-bye, you piece of s**t."
Like I said, you've chosen to trust the wrong people, and to distrust the wrong people. The atheists there - Matt Dillahunty and Tracie Harris - are fine people. I have listened to hours of each of them, and read most of her comic strip
[ http://www.atheist-community.org/atheisteve/ ].
The Christian was like so many I have read here in these threads. From http://www.topix.com/forum/city/weston-wv/TUV... [original post removed]
Christian Warrior wrote: "Lewis County children are sinful and wicked in the eyes of our Lord. The irredeemable sins of the Godless fathers and mothers in this town have already been visited upon them. Make no mistake -- children or not, they will burn in Hell for turning their backs on Christ. The town doesn't need parks, skating rinks, or amusement parks. What the county needs is more churches and parents willing to take their children there everyday of the week if necessary, until they understand and respect the power of Christ. Godless children are not "innocent" in the eyes of our Lord -- they are depraved and unrighteous sinners who deserve no sympathy until they have been made to see the light. Read the Bible. It IS God's word."
Wasn't that beautiful? As I said, you have chosen the wrong side, and you have a huge confirmation bias supporting that choice.
When I see an article in the biased Huff Post by a biased atheist about the supposed negativity about religious people, I sincerely question the validity and honesty of the article.

All I saw was one picture of a dude sitting on the sidewalk with some bowls in front of him. How do we know that pic wasn't faked? It'd be very easy to do.

Where were the test results? How many times did they conduct it? Where did they conduct the test(s)? Etc.

It's pretty simple, actually. Either it's a forgery or not. Based on the available data, any rational thinker would assume it's a forgery.

Unless of course you're an atheist, you'd just believe it.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#555744 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your prediction is invalid. Christianity is still on the rise.
Here are 14 million arguments to the contrary.

http://www.google.com/search...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#555745 Jul 10, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe is to complex, there is another force at work. I think we've all felt it, some deny it..........JMO......
Have a good day Annie J.
Gravity.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#555746 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
But just as much as atheists don't wanna read anything from a religious based website(because it's biased), I don't care to read the bias opinion of an atheist journalist.
The following is only my opinion...

When one (from either side) is afraid or unwilling to read or study information offered by the opposing side then I have to wonder what they fear. Is it because there is a shadow of doubt about what you believe...afraid that the opposing view point might make sense...or that you might understand why the opposing party believes as they do?

How can either side discuss if one is not willing to listen? consider?

Until we understand each other we will always have these divisions. You might be okay with that...being so divided. Seems a little narrow minded to me.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#555747 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Gravity.
Oh, you apparently haven't heard, there's no such thing as gravity........

http://www.theonion.com/articles/evangelical-...

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#555749 Jul 10, 2013
stuff I deleted
Hey!

I met with a brother of mine last night and he disturbingly spoke of how he used to break into houses and treat people bad, etc., but that belief in God and Jesus turned him around. So we have this lost kid, becomes criminal, gives that up b/c of religious experience.

I began wondering that, if religions were removed tomorrow, what kind of social institution could fulfill that role - clearly the emotional and spiritual experiences motivated this young man to adjust his life (filled him with guilt and horror at his actions).

It's hard for me to imagine an atheist institution being so compelling.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#555750 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are 14 million arguments to the contrary.
http://www.google.com/search...
That was "About 10,600,000", not 14 million.

Type in "rise of Christianity", you get "About 17,900,000 results".

huh...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#555751 Jul 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
The following is only my opinion...
When one (from either side) is afraid or unwilling to read or study information offered by the opposing side then I have to wonder what they fear. Is it because there is a shadow of doubt about what you believe...afraid that the opposing view point might make sense...or that you might understand why the opposing party believes as they do?
How can either side discuss if one is not willing to listen? consider?
Until we understand each other we will always have these divisions. You might be okay with that...being so divided. Seems a little narrow minded to me.
I agree. Totally. I've even checked out evilbible.com to see what's in their minds.

But the article in question was about the comparison of donations between religious and non-religious people. I DID read that article and researched the author of it. It's not a scinetific test in any way. In fact, they didn't even demonstrate HOW they tested it, just that they did.

Also, based on the source, Huff Post, one can reasonably assume that the article is going to biased either towards liberals or atheists or both.

So, couple the source of the article with the author of the article and the nature of the "test" involved, you get pure bias that's very likely fictional.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#555752 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That was "About 10,600,000", not 14 million.
Type in "rise of Christianity", you get "About 17,900,000 results".
huh...
The problem is I read both sides.

You don't read a damn thing... not even the Bible.

You are such clown.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#555753 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Totally. I've even checked out evilbible.com to see what's in their minds.
But the article in question was about the comparison of donations between religious and non-religious people. I DID read that article and researched the author of it. It's not a scinetific test in any way. In fact, they didn't even demonstrate HOW they tested it, just that they did.
Also, based on the source, Huff Post, one can reasonably assume that the article is going to biased either towards liberals or atheists or both.
So, couple the source of the article with the author of the article and the nature of the "test" involved, you get pure bias that's very likely fictional.
So your hatred of atheists is now based on a photo of a guy on a sidewalk.

Yep. Believing in a Zombie God is the best you can ever achieve.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#555754 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!
I met with a brother of mine last night and he disturbingly spoke of how he used to break into houses and treat people bad, etc., but that belief in God and Jesus turned him around. So we have this lost kid, becomes criminal, gives that up b/c of religious experience.
I began wondering that, if religions were removed tomorrow, what kind of social institution could fulfill that role - clearly the emotional and spiritual experiences motivated this young man to adjust his life (filled him with guilt and horror at his actions).
It's hard for me to imagine an atheist institution being so compelling.
Nice post.

I give you two bottles of saki.

I mean sake.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#555755 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is I read both sides.
You don't read a damn thing... not even the Bible.
You are such clown.
Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#555756 Jul 10, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
You're welcome.

mike wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you don't believe jesus is GOD?
I believe that Jesus is God... He is God the Son but He isn't God the Father. Jesus Christ said

"And now, Father, glorify Me in Your presence with the glory I had WITH YOU...before... the world began." John 17:5

mike wrote:
<quoted text> What form is jesus in heaven, flesh, or spirit?
Before He came to the earth, God's Son was a spirit. Now in heaven, Jesus has a flesh & bone body in heaven... scarred... but enhanced. Luke 24:39:

mike wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you suppose, you and those like you, must wait to be in heaven?
To witness to others about Christ, Salvation and warning others about the fast-approaching judgement day.

mike wrote:
<quoted text> 2Pete 3:9 does not imply "many", it says, "all should come to repentance".
This is what it says exactly:

"The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. Instead He is patient with you, not wanting ANYONE to perish, but EVERYONE to come to repentance." That is why the delay in God sending Jesus back....
mike wrote:
<quoted text>After jesus death, why be born, if a GOD knows who will believe?
The reason for being born? So that people could come into existence.

Take care Mike... and chat with ya later.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#555757 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get hatred from? I have no hatred of atheists. All I'm saying is that I seriously doubt the honesty of that article. There's no hate in that.

Some stable somewhere

#555758 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a picture of parasailing zombie Jesus just for you!

https://www.google.ca/search...

Some stable somewhere

#555759 Jul 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post.
I give you two bottles of saki.
I mean sake.
I don't know. I'm plotting an atheist charismatic church to help young people.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#555760 Jul 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. I'm plotting an atheist charismatic church to help young people.
Well.

That'd be a first.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 56,493
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Pegasus 281,489
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Catcher1 971,901
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min bad bob 183,001
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 34 min patsy the shared ... 42
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 50 min andet1987 2,366
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 51 min WasteWater 45,016
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr confrinting with ... 650,847
More from around the web